[#1]
I tend to agree with you op.
Link Posted: 12/29/2020 5:35:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I disagree. 2021 will make us miss the good ole days of 2020
View Quote

Well, I thought doomers got made fun of.

Can’t keep up with the GD trends.
Link Posted: 12/29/2020 5:37:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Wrong

You do not read between the lines well.

Trump will continue to be our President.

All the bad guys will be charged with treason including the news media and big tech guys.  All will be in jail

If China continues to fuck with us or fucks with our power grid then Trump will take them out.

I just hope that there will be a video of the Three Gorges dam when it goes.
Link Posted: 12/29/2020 5:38:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Well, I thought doomers got made fun of.

Can’t keep up with the GD trends.
View Quote

Reality.

All of the economic hardships created by the shutdowns in 2020 are going to manifest in 2021.
Link Posted: 12/29/2020 5:40:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
there's gong to be an outright culture war on Christianity and conservative America.

the big media companies will purge electronic media of anything that supports a positive or religious perspective on traditional America. Any media that you think is valuable needs to be purchased in hard-copy.  that includes Bibles, books, TV shows (little House on the Prairie, for example), movies, etc.
View Quote

very true the bad part is once they start raiding houses the left will hold up these collections as alt right paraphernalia - so make the news with a great collection (bonus points for having a brown coat)
Link Posted: 12/29/2020 5:41:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Got plenty of bourbon stored up so I guess I'm good.

View Quote

Got a still stored up?  
Link Posted: 12/29/2020 5:42:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Wrong

All the bad guys will be charged with treason including the news media and big tech guys.  All will be in jail

If China continues to fuck with us or fucks with our power grid then Trump will take them out.

View Quote

Satire, right?
Link Posted: 12/29/2020 5:46:03 PM EDT
[#8]
Bought a tractor in 2020. Buying land in 2021.

Fuck Joe and Kamel Toe.
Link Posted: 12/29/2020 5:46:15 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
In!

I can say with much certainty that the price of electricity will double-triple over the next 3 years. There's a certain power company in the state of Virginia that is run by SJW CEO and he's making decisions and deals that are very much inline with the Green Deal and will not protect the consumer. In fact the consumer will foot the bill. This power company in the state of Virginia, headquartered in Richmond is going to start storing carbon...that's right, storing an element that is found naturally in our atmosphere and an element that the sun sends us more of every minute. Now the can't sell this or make any money on storing it so who pays to store carbon? You will. You will pay for absolutely nothing.

That's just one example; I have 5-6 more stupid moves Dominion is making that will eventually lead to less power production, high prices and rolling blackouts. This will be very profitable for them because they don't really have any infrastructure to support or plants to build and run, payrolls to pay but the consumers will pay 100% of the cost and receive absolutely nothing for it.

You might say, "who cares I don't live in Virginia" but Dominion isn't alone, all the big names are making the same moves. Prepare accordingly
View Quote

Same shit in Minnesota with Xcel energy.  They want to raise our electric rates by 25% to pay for all their green bullshit.  And that's just the start.
Link Posted: 12/29/2020 5:49:09 PM EDT
[#10]
Mostly correct on most counts - and while Captain Obvious level stuff to most of us, clearly not Captain Obvious level to many Americans.

I don't expect a Venezualian level collapse; but I do expect at least some level of everything predicted to indeed come to pass.

Only major add I have is to be ready to see a raise in some form of organized crime. now that Law Enforcement has essentially walked away from everything short of harrassing people who won't give them a hard time; there's going to continue to be a real crime wave.  And institutionalized structring of it (i.e. mafia level).  There will be a large return of protection rackets; and likely increased murders with that.  

And to your point, availability of ammo for more casual short-notice recreational shooting will be straigned for quite some time; only to eventually settle to a new "low" at a notably higher price point than this time last year.  Not much you can do about that now - don't even think about getting into the reloading game if you don't already have a good inventory of the components.

Some new preps and habits to consider
If you have marketable skills that will likely keep you employed, then you are about to run through a high inflation period.  Buy a house at a fixed low rate - and do that now.  Yes, there is risk. But your $150,000 Asset is about to be a $300,000 asset, but locked in at 3% at 150,000 price.  

If you have a house, stop accelerating payoff. The $100,000 in debt load at 3%, is about to be $100,00 debt load at 3% in a 10% interest rate world (i.e. you are winning vs the banks bigly).  If your own job security is in real question, that may change that equation.

Be aware they are likely going to remove the $10k cap on interest and property/income taxes in 2021, and plan according.  (i.e. consider what you chose to pay in 2020, vs 2021).

For shooting, buy an air rifle or a .22; and enjoy that route for a while.
Link Posted: 12/29/2020 5:51:16 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Tag on another great thread.
View Quote

Yes, old school.
Link Posted: 12/29/2020 5:52:45 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Calling it, mass shooting before June and huge gun control push.
View Quote

I'll take the under on that
Link Posted: 12/29/2020 5:54:49 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Wrong

View Quote

sarcasm?  

cause im not seeing anything like that happening. i wish it would, but the reality is looking totally different.
Link Posted: 12/29/2020 5:56:03 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
This is the new-style “YASBYBIC” thread isn’t it?

Who’s been here long enough to know what that even means?
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/29/2020 5:56:21 PM EDT
[#15]
Open attacks on the fossil fuel industry with the loss of millions of jobs.
Link Posted: 12/29/2020 5:59:19 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Open attacks on the fossil fuel industry with the loss of millions of jobs.
View Quote

Probably less of that under Biden than feared.  It's the only thing that saved Obama's ass - and he knew it and mostly kept away.  Biden will do some appeasement show, but little of substance.

Harris though is from California and so is bad at math.  When she takes over in a couple years, then it will get bad.
Link Posted: 12/29/2020 5:59:25 PM EDT
[#17]
Tagged.  

So many people I know are going “Yay, 2020 is almost over!”as if everything gets better in 2021.

LOL

2021 will be a shit show.

I think the continued decline in law order is going to be a big part of 2021.  “Defund the police!” will have wide ranging impacts.
Link Posted: 12/29/2020 6:02:21 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Wrong

View Quote

I want to live in your world. Mainly your wine cellar.
Link Posted: 12/29/2020 6:04:40 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

im not rolling anything back. the shit show is coming, and some of it will show up QUICKLY. like attempts to ban guns, increased fuel prices, increased taxes, job losses, a flood of new illegals and amnesty for millions here already, obamacare 2.0 with mandatory payments and 100 other things. all of it speeds the collapse train up, not slow it down. the big one / the financial disaster is coming as well, just not sure when. it might start slowly, like a can of soup double every 2-3 years, or double every year, or double every 6 months...it might take a year before prices start climbing, or 10 years, but make no mistake its 100% coming.

unless you think they will stop spending, and balance the budget.. or economics somehow dont apply to the united states somehow. china will 100% seek to put the yaun in as the world reserve currency in the near future, probably get a bunch of countries to support it, that could make it happen QUICKLY.

right now is the time to be thinking about what to do, and start making plans and preparing for it. just like a ammo panic, its about too late to run around looking for ammo once things start moving, you need to have done that well before.

im also not going to waste my time trying to CONVINCE any of you its coming. if you cant look around you and see obvious signs a shit storm coming, well....
View Quote

I can reliably say the world will cease to exist if I give myself a long enough time frame.

Link Posted: 12/29/2020 6:06:33 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

3. democrat controlled government fucking with you in dozens of fresh new ways. ( especially if your you're a conservative / gun owner, etc ) dems gov shutting power plants, etc.

View Quote

Link Posted: 12/29/2020 6:06:56 PM EDT
[#21]
In on the Ultimate Doomer Thread 2.0.

Link Posted: 12/29/2020 6:08:03 PM EDT
[#22]
The Oracle of GD.  

We already started getting in gear for a lot of this.  Bad times ahead.
Link Posted: 12/29/2020 6:12:07 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

i spent 17 years in the army. for every bullet i shot i ate probably 10lbs of food and drank 100 gallons of water and wiped my butt 50 times, and needed light, and heat to be comfortable.  ammo and guns are nice, but you need a lot more than that.  i think the usa in general will resemble detroit nationally in a few short years with democrats running everything. ( name 1 democrat controlled state / city thats financially sound and not all fucked up )
View Quote
At this point, if an Alien invasion force's political system mirrors that of mine, I'd gladly support them in destroying all world governments.
Link Posted: 12/29/2020 6:14:42 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Because I don't believe that there is going to be a total collapse. Not in the immediate future at least. Eventually it will probably happen.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Correct, why do this if you genuinely believe there will be a total collapse.  The debt will be meaningless at that point.

Because I don't believe that there is going to be a total collapse. Not in the immediate future at least. Eventually it will probably happen.

Debt is just a tool.  It has smart uses and stupid uses.   At the minimum, you want the capacity and know-how to use it if needed, and know when it's needed.

Not using credit ever is wasteful, when you can use a card for billing autopayments every month, enjoying a ~1.5% discount on everything and anything and gaining the benefit of additional fraud protections and free extended warranty coverage while building up a limit that can be deployed for emergencies.  

Quoted:
Quoted:

when immigrants from nazi germany.... and from countries where  the economies collapsed are screaming this country is going down the same road their home country did, right before the SHTF.. its a warning sign, a sign a storm is coming, and a sign to start preparing for that storm, same as you would for a hurricane.
Has Britian collapsed? Has France collapsed? Norway? Canada? Japan? Spain?

Theres a whole lot fo examples of "didnt collapse", just as there are examples of did.

I dont agree with the direction, but not sure I'd say the largest economy in the world is going to just up and collapse. Fuck, it took Rome 800 years......

Rome was a bunch of amateurs when it comes to banking and financial fuckery, and didn't have the benefit of today's technology and financial theory to help out.

Much of western Europe is going down the shitter on a number of fronts.   Spain hasn't been doing hot for years.   Japan is in perpetual crisis.   China is a basketcase with a coat of fresh paint over top.

Both the Japanese and Chinese, however, are looking after their own long term interests in their own ways, as painful as some of the economic stuff they have to deal with is.  Western Europe is out of their fucking minds.
Link Posted: 12/29/2020 6:15:30 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 12/29/2020 6:26:39 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

thats where it gets weird. if financially everything goes to hell. what would happen if 70 million people suddenly could not pay their mortgage, rent, car payment etc?  we just saw the gov cock block landlords and mortgage companies, and shits not even bad. they might well block all evictions, foreclosure and repossessions for the duration. not to mention if its a financial collapse they usually seem to increase your pay , where you make $500 a week 6 months ago, now your getting $50k a week, with less buying power.. ( but your bills and mortgage is based on a fixed amount of before crash dollars. $1000 dollars was a lot of money 6 months ago when the contract was signed, now your getting fifty k a week and you can easily pay off your car and house with 2 weeks pay? possible. what else can they do, adjust your payments to after dollars and demand $100 billion dollars for your $100k house? when no one is paying their mortage as their broke?
View Quote
While the 50K/week seems a bit fantastical, Ive always wondered how/why they would try and take your house if no one else can pay for theirs or especially buy yours.

It would make more sense for the banks to let you stay in your house, keep the lights on and the roof patched rather than to just kick you out with hopes they could recover whats owed at some future time. They could always defer the principal and interest in hopes you could pay later.

Then theres always the prospect of people saying FU to the bank and burning their own house down rather than letting it be taken.
Link Posted: 12/29/2020 6:31:57 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

My prediction:

Biden will be with us until after the midterm elections.  His administration will use its power to nationalize the "most inclusive and extensive voter fraud in American politics" which will defeat every weak republican in the national elections. 2022 we'll see dem super majorities in congress or close to it.  In 2023 biden will be killed off or retired, which constitutionally means cumswalla is able to rule for 10 years, and this is the year court packing will begin.  2024 we'll see dems gain a few more seats to cement their super majorities, and the voter fraud will start to filter its way down to purple states and begin flipping those states.  By 2030 we'll the constitution will be a historical relic, and a Venezuela type of government will be solidly in perpetual power.
View Quote
It would/could never take that long.

It would easier and more feasible for them to try and just rip the scab off so to speak.

If it was dragged out 10yrs there would be nothing left for them to rule over.
Link Posted: 12/29/2020 7:14:14 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Hopefully people listen to OP this time
View Quote

OP sure was. Just look at all the "can't find ammo, primers" threads. If you were diligent this is another minor speed bump, if you ignored all the advice to stock up when supplies were plentiful AND reasonably priced, you're probably in panic mode. That sucks.
Link Posted: 12/29/2020 7:20:58 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Can Cannons, but the cans aren't full of Twisted Tea.
View Quote

I like the way you think
Link Posted: 12/29/2020 7:23:04 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

All that, plus obtaining uranium is going to be "common"?? Really?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Several years ago, I read the turner diaries out of curiosity. One part that really stood out, they obtained a mortar tube and mortars. They also obtained some uranium. They tipped the mortars with the uranium and then lobbed them into powerplants as a dirty bomb. Whatever wasn't blown up, became irradiated and shut down the facility. I feel like that will become somewhat common.

All that, plus obtaining uranium is going to be "common"?? Really?

All that? I can almost guarantee "all that", a functional mortar tube with live mortars already is owned by several people just on this forum. As for radioactive material, it will be found if needed
Link Posted: 12/29/2020 7:26:34 PM EDT
[#31]
I dont think we will have bars and restraunts by end of 2021 :(

Might be 3 business in 1 to survive and pay rent.

A store/food/trade shop all in one.
Link Posted: 12/29/2020 7:29:59 PM EDT
[#32]
Well the obvious answer is to STOP WITH THE PREDICTIONS DAMIT!
Link Posted: 12/29/2020 7:32:13 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Mostly correct on most counts - and while Captain Obvious level stuff to most of us, clearly not Captain Obvious level to many Americans.

I don't expect a Venezualian level collapse; but I do expect at least some level of everything predicted to indeed come to pass.

Only major add I have is to be ready to see a raise in some form of organized crime. now that Law Enforcement has essentially walked away from everything short of harrassing people who won't give them a hard time; there's going to continue to be a real crime wave.  And institutionalized structring of it (i.e. mafia level).  There will be a large return of protection rackets; and likely increased murders with that.  

And to your point, availability of ammo for more casual short-notice recreational shooting will be straigned for quite some time; only to eventually settle to a new "low" at a notably higher price point than this time last year.  Not much you can do about that now - don't even think about getting into the reloading game if you don't already have a good inventory of the components.

Some new preps and habits to consider
If you have marketable skills that will likely keep you employed, then you are about to run through a high inflation period.  Buy a house at a fixed low rate - and do that now.  Yes, there is risk. But your $150,000 Asset is about to be a $300,000 asset, but locked in at 3% at 150,000 price.  

If you have a house, stop accelerating payoff. The $100,000 in debt load at 3%, is about to be $100,00 debt load at 3% in a 10% interest rate world (i.e. you are winning vs the banks bigly).  If your own job security is in real question, that may change that equation.

Be aware they are likely going to remove the $10k cap on interest and property/income taxes in 2021, and plan according.  (i.e. consider what you chose to pay in 2020, vs 2021).

For shooting, buy an air rifle or a .22; and enjoy that route for a while.
View Quote

Astute post.

I would also add, if you CAN find components/ammo at decent prices over the next year, you should buy.

This is a gun forum after all, and I don't believe the climate toward the shooting sports is going to get MORE friendly than it is now. Expect lots of "common sense" regulations that aren't terribly controversial like lead free projectiles to become more common.

ETA - I'm not a doomer. I believe there will be great opportunity parallel to the fuckery that is bound to happen.
Link Posted: 12/29/2020 7:33:27 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Other thing people should do (myself majorly included) is get out of debt. Going to be a rough 4 years and a huge cloud of debt over your head won't make it any easier.
View Quote

4 years

Try at least 8, maybe 12 or more
Link Posted: 12/29/2020 7:34:09 PM EDT
[#35]
I saw the MG ban in 1986, AWB, and crash of the economy in 2006-2008. I believe.

Agree the worst is yet to come.

Once knew a spook who in Brazil when it crashed. Told about people shooting each other in the street for a loaf of bread. Lets just say his country home is very self sufficient.
Link Posted: 12/29/2020 7:35:58 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 12/29/2020 7:37:16 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
While the 50K/week seems a bit fantastical, Ive always wondered how/why they would try and take your house if no one else can pay for theirs or especially buy yours.

It would make more sense for the banks to let you stay in your house, keep the lights on and the roof patched rather than to just kick you out with hopes they could recover whats owed at some future time. They could always defer the principal and interest in hopes you could pay later.

Then theres always the prospect of people saying FU to the bank and burning their own house down rather than letting it be taken.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

thats where it gets weird. if financially everything goes to hell. what would happen if 70 million people suddenly could not pay their mortgage, rent, car payment etc?  we just saw the gov cock block landlords and mortgage companies, and shits not even bad. they might well block all evictions, foreclosure and repossessions for the duration. not to mention if its a financial collapse they usually seem to increase your pay , where you make $500 a week 6 months ago, now your getting $50k a week, with less buying power.. ( but your bills and mortgage is based on a fixed amount of before crash dollars. $1000 dollars was a lot of money 6 months ago when the contract was signed, now your getting fifty k a week and you can easily pay off your car and house with 2 weeks pay? possible. what else can they do, adjust your payments to after dollars and demand $100 billion dollars for your $100k house? when no one is paying their mortage as their broke?

The banks were taking over a year to actually go to foreclosure during the last economic crisis for these very reasons. I’d expect that happen again.
Link Posted: 12/29/2020 7:42:07 PM EDT
[#38]
OP's threads are starting to remind me of those weather videos from that retarded Canadian guy
Link Posted: 12/29/2020 7:48:18 PM EDT
[#39]
in on this shitstorm
Link Posted: 12/29/2020 8:02:37 PM EDT
[#40]
Wasn't in on the last thread, but, I am in on this one! Makes me feel better knowing that my Surplus Store is going to be open for the next year. It gives me some more time to finish collecting those last minute, little things that you tend to forget about until you are at the check-out counter...

EDIT- NO, we don't have any ammo left. Stop asking already.
Link Posted: 12/29/2020 8:05:30 PM EDT
[#41]
OP needs to stop talking because everything he says comes true
Link Posted: 12/29/2020 8:05:39 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

4 years

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Other thing people should do (myself majorly included) is get out of debt. Going to be a rough 4 years and a huge cloud of debt over your head won't make it any easier.

4 years

Try forever if the blatant cheating isn't taken care of.
Link Posted: 12/29/2020 8:31:20 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
All the sh*t that is going on makes me think the time of the Antichrist is upon us.   So much evil (globalists control freaks) and so much suffering in  the wake of their actions.     Hay-Suess the destroyer comes back to flush the toilet and clean their sh*t up.
View Quote

I've watched all the rapture movies.

There are 3 different left behind series and a smattering of other ones. The amazing thing to is how similar the verbage is. I know people have always thought "the end is coming" but the obsession with globalization is new and overwhelming.

Anyway, I enjoy those kinds of movies. They are kind of cheesy, especially the older ones.
Link Posted: 12/29/2020 8:32:19 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

I NEED THIS
View Quote

Here toy goes.
Link Posted: 12/29/2020 8:33:28 PM EDT
[#45]
In the future All restaurants will be Taco Bell .
Link Posted: 12/29/2020 8:42:43 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Here toy goes.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I NEED THIS

Here toy goes.

TY
Link Posted: 12/29/2020 9:13:04 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Has Britian collapsed? Has France collapsed? Norway? Canada? Japan? Spain?

Theres a whole lot fo examples of "didnt collapse", just as there are examples of did.

I dont agree with the direction, but not sure I'd say the largest economy in the world is going to just up and collapse. Fuck, it took Rome 800 years......
View Quote

It doesn't have to totally "collapse" to be miserable if you are unprepared. It's not that hard to stock up on consumables. You don't have to get "prepper" food, just get more of what you really eat.

The ability to be able to stay in your house a few days would be a better option than having to go out because you are out of essentials.

My parents were depression kids, anticipating emergencies came as natural as breathing. Plus we've lived in both flood zones and hurricane zones. Being self sufficient for a few days is something everyone should be able to do.
Link Posted: 12/29/2020 9:24:07 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

i sleep fine.

this is no different than preparing for winter by canning food / cutting firewood, or boarding the windows up for a storm. once you do it, you shrug, as you know you have done everything you can do to prepare, so relax and enjoy life until that storm shows up. i actually sleep better knowing im prepared for those " what if moments". vs panicking at every "what if moment " as i never even considered it could happen, much less think about how too handle it, like many people do.  like the power goes out in january and they dont even own a flash light, much less a generator, heater, or store a little extra food or blankets, or the hurricane just passed and they are " starving" as they dont even own a can opener, much less any food as they ate out every meal..
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/29/2020 9:28:45 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Heard it with Clinton, heard it with Obama. Heard with with y@k and Peak Oil and...and...and   Aint the end of the world son, calm down.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/29/2020 9:52:36 PM EDT
[#50]
Well I’m completely fucked regardless. Yay.
Page / 55
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top