Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 9
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 10:00:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Members here are missing that and it has gone to just lifting and carrying  100 pounds 200 yards
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Original post specifies a body.

Members here are missing that and it has gone to just lifting and carrying  100 pounds 200 yards

Doesn't matter, both are easy.
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 10:01:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Nope. Recovering from a total hip replacement.
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 10:01:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yeah, and that really should be easy. I carried 65lbs. 10 miles earlier this year, and I ain’t young.

The biggest issue (and it ain’t that big) in this challenge is getting the body on your shoulder.
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 10:03:35 PM EDT
[#4]
dt...
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 10:04:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Point taken.  I have noticed the dead hogs and deer have gotten significantly heavier over the last few years.  I have cheated on 3 of the last 4 if I recall correctly.  The cheat rate before that was only marginally better.  But fuck it, that is why I have front end loaders.
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 10:05:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote

You're a big guy and look to be pretty strong. You are not the average person
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 10:05:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Yes I can. I'm not as good as I once was, but in IBOLC I carried a 180 lb man a full click at a jog during a react to indirect fire drill.  I definitely still have 100lbs 200m in me.
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 10:06:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Uh, guilty as charged, I guess. I can also skin a buck and run a trot line.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Of course everyone on GD can carry that much weight, and more!  Also, most of GD are Mensa's, or are too smart to actually join, most of GD can fly a plane with a "cheat sheet" and everyone can bench press their own weight numerous times.  Additionally most of GD is over 6" tall with proportionate body weight.

Uh, guilty as charged, I guess. I can also skin a buck and run a trot line.

you're also sort of a badass
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 10:07:12 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

You're wrong on this though.
A 100 pound back pack is way way easier to carry than a dead limp body of the same weight.
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 10:09:04 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

That's why I said a 140 pound deer

"Shoot a 140 pound  deer and try lifting it on your shoulders after it's field dressed"
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That’s 40% over the threshold set by the OP.

ETA who weighs a deer before field dressing?

Throwing a deer over your shoulder gets blood all over your shirt.  Ask me how I know.

That's why I said a 140 pound deer

"Shoot a 140 pound  deer and try lifting it on your shoulders after it's field dressed"

Regardless, BTDT
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 10:09:04 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 10:09:57 PM EDT
[#12]
Eventually.
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 10:11:54 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes, I am strong but not that big. I may not be average, but that just means the average person should be able to do it with just a little more difficulty than me.
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 10:12:02 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Over a long distance, sure.  For 200 yards, not really, IMO.

The thing that is easier with the backpack is the “picking up” part.  A dead weight limp body can absolutely be difficult to pick up.
View Quote

That's why I posted many members who are saying it should be easy would have a hard time just lifting a 140 pound deer after it was field dressed into the bed of a truck by them selves never mind
shouldering it and carrying it 200 yards.
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 10:12:27 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

A 100 pound back pack is way way easier to carry than a dead limp body of the same weight.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Easier sure. Neither is all that difficult though
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 10:13:12 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

That's why I posted many members who are saying it should be easy would have a hard time just lifting a 140 pound deer after it was field dressed into the bed of a truck by them selves never mind
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Over a long distance, sure.  For 200 yards, not really, IMO.

The thing that is easier with the backpack is the “picking up” part.  A dead weight limp body can absolutely be difficult to pick up.

It’s harder to throw that deer over a horse’s withers.  Done that too.
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 10:14:45 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Watching your video, you've obviously had some training on firemans carry, and practice too.  You make my point.
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 10:14:58 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Alright fatbodies, ding dongs and naysayers ...

My son is 140 pounds. I ran to the 200m mark. Now I'm not saying everyone should be able to do this as effortlessly as I did, but I am saying that if you can't do this AT ALL but you have a closet full of body armor and gas masks then you're missing the most important aspect of being ready. If you're neglecting your physical fitness so badly that you can't move 100 pounds of dead weight then you need to reevaluate your whole life. Or not. I'm not your supervisor.

This was after a 6,000m row and a weightlifting session that involved snatch double at 205#.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KyQZ5B-_YuA
View Quote

But but but but but
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 10:16:33 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Watching your video, you've obviously had some training on firemans carry, and practice too.  You make my point.
View Quote

I have neither. Stay tuned.
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 10:16:54 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I carry two 40lb bags of rock salt in at a time.  Up my front steps to my door then down the stairs into the basement.  Usually do it twice, as I buy 4 bags at a time.  It's less than 200 yards but there are a bunch of stairs involved.

I am not a gym rat by any means and maybe I am missing something or just dumb but...that doesn't seem like it should be a big deal.
View Quote
I'm lazy. I take all four bags at once because I don't want to deal with the stairs twice.
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 10:17:09 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote

What was you point?
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 10:17:50 PM EDT
[#22]
Sure, my wife weighs more than that and I carry her all over the room.
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 10:18:19 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

HAHAAHAHA I prove you wrong and yet somehow you still claim victory. What a world.

Yeah I made it look easy. That just means most people should be able to do it, they'll just struggle a bit maybe.

You called us out, you wanted proof. You got it. Somehow you still win. I even did it with 40 more pounds than in the OP, and I fucking RAN...AFTER I did 2 other workout....and you think I proved your point!?
Holy shit bro. Just admit you were wrong.

I feel like I'm arguing with a liberal.
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 10:19:56 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

It’s harder to throw that deer over a horse’s withers.  Done that too.
View Quote

I believe you man

All I'm saying is until the person has tried doing what the original post said it might not be as easy as they think .

that's all

Dead limp bodies 4 legged animal or 2 is a lot different than a back pack or sand bag.
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 10:21:53 PM EDT
[#25]
I have rode a 10 speed and climbed a tree for pussy. Not lately.
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 10:22:41 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Finally, someone steps up. I am genuinely curious.
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 10:27:24 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 12/21/2020 10:27:38 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Jesus dude you're just embarrassing yourself now.

Do I need to make my son pick up my other son too?
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 10:28:01 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote

I stepped up 2or 3 pages ago. Kids will probably sleep in tomorrow, but once they’re both up I’ll have a body and a camera person.
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 10:32:08 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

HAHAAHAHA I prove you wrong and yet somehow you still claim victory. What a world.

Yeah I made it look easy. That just means most people should be able to do it, they'll just struggle a bit maybe.

You called us out, you wanted proof. You got it. Somehow you still win. I even did it with 40 more pounds than in the OP, and I fucking RAN...AFTER I did 2 other workout....and you think I proved your point!?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You think I was saying it's impossible? Hell no. I claim, well I forget my exact original claim, but I claim that 90%, maybe I said 99%, of the people that are posting "That ain't shit' can't lift a 100 pound body and transport it 200 yards.

Link Posted: 12/21/2020 10:37:38 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

You think I was saying it's impossible? Hell no. I claim, well I forget my exact original claim, but I claim that 90%, maybe I said 99%, of the people that are posting "That ain't shit' can't lift a 100 pound body and transport it 200 yards.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You called bullshit on a really not impressive claim.

Standby, I'm about to prove you even more wrong.
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 10:38:23 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You're just projecting
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 10:40:09 PM EDT
[#33]
I have people for that.
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 10:40:41 PM EDT
[#34]
I was carrying an unconscious,piss-drunk girl back to her apartment many years ago.  She was a bit... rotund.  Thinking a fireman’s carry was a bit undignified. I had her in a cradle carry (which totally sucked). While her roommate (who was not rotund, and in fact kind of cute... which was why I was toting her food giant roommate that night) was opening the door, fatty patty decided to start thrashing around mumbling that I needed to put her down. She slipped out of my arms and PLOP, landed right on her ass.

I laughed, and my chance of ever getting with the cute one pretty much went out the window.
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 10:41:23 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hopefully it's a "regular Joe" or "Jane".
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 10:42:53 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Of course everyone on GD can carry that much weight, and more!  Also, most of GD are Mensa's, or are too smart to actually join, most of GD can fly a plane with a "cheat sheet" and everyone can bench press their own weight numerous times.  Additionally most of GD is over 6" tall with proportionate body weight.
View Quote

6'2 millionaire bench double your bodyweight for 20 on incline, commercial ifr rating, was thrown out of Mensa for proving Mensa actually doesn't exist.

6% bodyfat during bulk. 4.5 shredded.

Get it right junior.
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 10:44:45 PM EDT
[#37]
Yes twice this year deer
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 10:44:48 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote

So wait, let’s say I’m 6’3” 215 pounds, are you going to pull out this same logic about me not being average if I bother posting a video tomorrow?
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 10:45:53 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 10:46:38 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ok. Define "regular". ROG is a pretty regular dude. Im a pretty regular dude. Stop hanging out with betas and be a man and you can be a regular guy too.
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 10:50:34 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

So wait, let’s say I’m 6’3” 215 pounds, are you going to pull out this same logic about me not being average if I bother posting a video tomorrow?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If you are trained and practiced on how to pick up a body and carry it, then I would use the same logic.
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 10:54:47 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Ok. Define "regular". ROG is a pretty regular dude. Im a pretty regular dude. Stop hanging out with betas and be a man and you can be a regular guy too.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'll define regular in this case as someone who is not trained and practiced in carrying bodies. And stop being a dick
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 10:54:48 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

If you are trained and practiced on how to pick up a body and carry it, then I would use the same logic.
View Quote

I’ve been picking up and carrying all manner of awkward heavy things for better than three decades and will probably take a practice run or two at picking up a “body” tomorrow...does that disqualifiy me as “regular”?

Just trying to avoid wasting my time if a video I post just ends up with you being all “yeah, but you’re a big dude....”
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 10:55:49 PM EDT
[#44]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Carried a battle buddy at 200# for 300-400 yds in MOPP 4 in August at Ft. Benning before finally saying fuck this, I'd rather just die of Sarin gas poisoning, and collapsing on the ground.  Sweat was filling up my gas mask.  DS came up and goes, "you made it farther than I would have.  Head back to the CP."

Medics then came out and took wet bulb temps and put a stop to MOPP4 training.  Everyone after us only had to have gas mask on...we got to hang out in underwear for next 6 hours in the shade staying hydrated.  The CO got some earfuls from the medics and a LTC in charge.
/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/1zvslystz4-7.gif

At the time, it sucked.  

Fuck me that was terrible...and it was only 10am too but it was like 90* with like what felt like 150% humidity.
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 10:56:49 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Need pics of driveway.
View Quote

@highplains1911

Can’t find a video of me also carrying dumbbell but here’s the heavy bag.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 10:57:26 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

I'll define regular in this case as someone who is not trained and practiced in carrying bodies. And stop being a dick
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

If you think im being a dick in this thread then you must really hang out with beta cucks.

Link Posted: 12/21/2020 10:57:33 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Easy.  And I am old and not in great shape.

Anyone should be able to do that.
View Quote

Yeah, I don't even want to know what kind of condition an adult male would have to be in NOT to be able to do that
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 10:59:04 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote

Not really, a body over your shoulder is just as easy as a backpack.
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 10:59:33 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

@highplains1911

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/430824/36566D38-8247-4DB8-8697-2AD555040403_jpe-1742493.JPG
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Need pics of driveway.

@highplains1911

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/430824/36566D38-8247-4DB8-8697-2AD555040403_jpe-1742493.JPG

Doesn't count. Its not a dead body and you obviously are trained so it doesn't count.
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 10:59:49 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why don't I count? Because I take physical fitness serious? Remember hes 40# over the question in the OP and I RAN with him. The average person should be able to do it without the sprint, and only 100#.

Anyway.
How about my 16 year old that weighs 140 pounds and has never done this before?

Here, you can even watch me teach him how to do it.

Are you saying that you're weaker than a 16 year old boy?
That's embarrassing.
Can't wait to hear your next excuse why this doesn't count.

Page / 9
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top