Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 63
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 5:34:35 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Can’t ship autos across state lines according to federal law unless you have an LE exemption. I have an exemption, so they can ship to me, but I can only legally sell within WY.

It’s a 70 year old federal law.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No autos. They sell autos to LE only.

That’s some BS. They’re legal in CO now.

Can’t ship autos across state lines according to federal law unless you have an LE exemption. I have an exemption, so they can ship to me, but I can only legally sell within WY.

I've got the exemption also, I am going to order 12 autos right at 10am. . I am building my list and right at 10am I am going to pounce
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 8:45:14 AM EDT
[#2]
Any suggestions on a good deer skinning knife to look for?  Preferably fixed blade.
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 9:53:02 AM EDT
[#3]
When I looked at the forums, they are saying it doesn't start until Friday.
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 10:07:39 AM EDT
[#4]
Does a link on the main website magically appear at 10am?
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 11:01:22 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Does a link on the main website magically appear at 10am?
View Quote

Yeah, I'm confused here, too.
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 11:05:07 AM EDT
[#6]
Idk but I need some new kitchen knives so lets go spyderco
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 11:05:31 AM EDT
[#7]
Waiting and looking but can't find the link.
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 11:06:02 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

Well their FAQ video on page one says today, let forums think Friday
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 11:07:55 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

You’re early
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 11:08:20 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

Mountain time, not eastern. Idk if you caught that.
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 11:10:35 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

You’re early
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You’re early

Shit, I'm dumb.
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 11:12:00 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

This is known as the “Castanza Tactic”
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 11:17:04 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

This is known as the "Castanza Tactic"
View Quote
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 11:20:53 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I have 6 autos that I've bought from various companies. All shipped across state lines to me. I'm not LEO.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have 6 autos that I've bought from various companies. All shipped across state lines to me. I'm not LEO.

Most companies ignore the law, Spyderco doesn’t. They got pinched for it a number of years ago.
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 11:36:05 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Their core models, (like the griptillian is that company), to would be the Delica and Endura.  The Delica would be the rough equivalent to the mini-grip, and the Endura to the fullsize-grip.  The standard versions of the Delica and Endura are sub-$100 anyways, so a second should be well within your price range.

If you want to move it up a notch, look at the Paramilitary 2. They go for $130-150 for a standard version, so I’d assume a “second” is going to be sub-$100.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
What do you guys recommend for a good EDC knife from them? Say $100 or less. I used to carry a Griptilian but the clip was a piece of shit. I’ve been carrying a cheap Kershaw for a while and am looking to upgrade.

Their core models, (like the griptillian is that company), to would be the Delica and Endura.  The Delica would be the rough equivalent to the mini-grip, and the Endura to the fullsize-grip.  The standard versions of the Delica and Endura are sub-$100 anyways, so a second should be well within your price range.

If you want to move it up a notch, look at the Paramilitary 2. They go for $130-150 for a standard version, so I’d assume a “second” is going to be sub-$100.

$58 last year.
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 11:41:07 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Most companies ignore the law, Spyderco doesn’t. They got pinched for it a number of years ago.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dosent that law apply to USPS shipping only?
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 11:41:26 AM EDT
[#17]
So when does this thing start? 10est or Pacific time?
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 11:42:58 AM EDT
[#18]
10 mountain time
12 eastern time.  

I guess a link will appear on website?
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 11:43:01 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 11:43:14 AM EDT
[#20]
12eastern

Google is ya friend, Ya dummies
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 11:45:36 AM EDT
[#21]
Link?
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 11:49:12 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

This is known as the “Castanza Tactic”
View Quote

Spell my name correctly.
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 11:49:59 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Link?
View Quote

Read?
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 12:17:00 PM EDT
[#24]
Not finding anything.

Eta reading is for dummies, 10a MST...
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 12:20:07 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Not finding anything.
View Quote

They canceled it.
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 12:21:35 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

They canceled it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Not finding anything.

They canceled it.

Are you serial?
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 12:22:05 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Not finding anything.
View Quote

Link is supposed to pop up at 10am Mountain time.
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 12:22:51 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

They canceled it.
View Quote

Lol
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 12:22:54 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Any suggestions on a good deer skinning knife to look for?  Preferably fixed blade.
View Quote

The Moran upswept is pretty much the best skinning knife made.
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 12:25:52 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
12eastern

Google is ya friend, Ya dummies
View Quote

That's where you're wrong, bucko.
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 12:26:21 PM EDT
[#31]
Just went to look at their site to make a choice before the sale.

Almost everything is already out of stock
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 12:28:35 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote

Well, we better shut it down then.
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 12:29:32 PM EDT
[#33]
Ready
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 12:32:27 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote

Well yeah, the sale has been going on for over an hour.  Are you on the right page?

www.spydercofactorysecondsforsaleontheworldwidewebatgoodpricesin2020.com
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 12:33:14 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote

Pinched is an understatement. US DOJ came after them with a consent decree.
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 12:36:27 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Spell my name correctly.
View Quote

My bad... at least I didn’t call you “Can’t-stand-ya”
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 12:37:29 PM EDT
[#37]
So this is at 10:30 mountain time?
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 12:37:36 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's the way it reads, but I don't believe Spyderco used USPS when they got busted.

OAKLAND - LAWFUEL - American Law Newswire - United States Attorney Scott N. Schools announced that Spyderco, Inc., a Colorado corporation, pleaded guilty and was sentenced today to mailing butterfly knives, which are nonmailable, to pay a $75,000 criminal fine, a $125 special assessment, and to forfeit all such knives seized by the United States Immigration and Customs Enforcement from its corporate offices in Golden, Colorado (estimated to be valued at over $400,000). The guilty plea and sentence is the result of an investigation by United States Immigration and Customs Enforcement ("ICE").

In pleading guilty, Spyderco admitted that from June 2005 through January 2007, it had mailed butterfly knives, after importing the knife components from Taipei, Taiwan, through the Port of San Francisco and the Port of Oakland, to Golden, Colorado. The U.S. Customs and Border Patrol had issued a ruling to Spyderco holding that these knives fit the definition of "switchblade knives" as an imported knife "with a blade which opens automatically by operation of inertia, gravity, or both" and were therefore not allowed into the United States pursuant to the Switchblade Knife Act, 15 U.S.C. §§ 1241-1245, and were further not to be mailed in the United States.

Spyderco agreed to issue a Notice of Recall on its internet site for these butterfly knives and to mail this recall notice to reasonably identifiable customers. Spyderco also agreed not to import, transport, distribute, manufacture, sell, introduce, or attempt to introduce into interstate commerce knives defined as switchblades under the Switchblade Knife Act, in violation of the law.

The sentence was handed down by U.S. Magistrate Judge Wayne D. Brazil following the corporate guilty plea to one violation of Title 18, United States Code, Section 1716(j)(1), a class A misdemeanor.

Maureen Bessette is the Assistant U.S. Attorney who prosecuted the case with the assistance of Cynthia Daniel. The prosecution is the result of a one year investigation by the United States Immigration and Customs Enforcement.
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 12:38:04 PM EDT
[#39]
So, it's starting in like 23 minutes?
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 12:38:50 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Indeed.

Good thing they are protecting the public from these dangerous criminals...
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 12:39:30 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

My bad... at least I didn’t call you “Can’t-stand-ya”
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/3/2020 12:40:33 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Indeed.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Indeed.

Of all the crimes that the DOJ was aware of, this was the most heinous act against America.
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 12:40:41 PM EDT
[#43]
Anyone how know prices at the seconds sale compare to the OpsFocus program?
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 12:44:03 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote

Quite a bit lower. I believe that OpsFocus is right around dealer cost (1/2 of MSRP).
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 12:44:07 PM EDT
[#45]
I kinda feel like they spent $15 on making their website

Link Posted: 12/3/2020 12:44:13 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View Quote

You’ll know in 15min
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 12:45:57 PM EDT
[#47]
My account is locked, because I forgot the fucking password. Fml. I made another account using my wife’s name and email and it’s locked too??

I called and They said they’re working to unlock accounts as quick as they can.  I don’t understand how the new account is already locked.
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 12:46:19 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

That's the way it reads, but I don't believe Spyderco used USPS when they got busted.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

OAKLAND - LAWFUEL - American Law Newswire - United States Attorney Scott N. Schools announced that Spyderco, Inc., a Colorado corporation, pleaded guilty and was sentenced today to mailing butterfly knives, which are nonmailable, to pay a $75,000 criminal fine, a $125 special assessment, and to forfeit all such knives seized by the United States Immigration and Customs Enforcement from its corporate offices in Golden, Colorado (estimated to be valued at over $400,000). The guilty plea and sentence is the result of an investigation by United States Immigration and Customs Enforcement ("ICE").

In pleading guilty, Spyderco admitted that from June 2005 through January 2007, it had mailed butterfly knives, after importing the knife components from Taipei, Taiwan, through the Port of San Francisco and the Port of Oakland, to Golden, Colorado. The U.S. Customs and Border Patrol had issued a ruling to Spyderco holding that these knives fit the definition of "switchblade knives" as an imported knife "with a blade which opens automatically by operation of inertia, gravity, or both" and were therefore not allowed into the United States pursuant to the Switchblade Knife Act, 15 U.S.C. §§ 1241-1245, and were further not to be mailed in the United States.

Spyderco agreed to issue a Notice of Recall on its internet site for these butterfly knives and to mail this recall notice to reasonably identifiable customers. Spyderco also agreed not to import, transport, distribute, manufacture, sell, introduce, or attempt to introduce into interstate commerce knives defined as switchblades under the Switchblade Knife Act, in violation of the law.

The sentence was handed down by U.S. Magistrate Judge Wayne D. Brazil following the corporate guilty plea to one violation of Title 18, United States Code, Section 1716(j)(1), a class A misdemeanor.

Maureen Bessette is the Assistant U.S. Attorney who prosecuted the case with the assistance of Cynthia Daniel. The prosecution is the result of a one year investigation by the United States Immigration and Customs Enforcement.

Interesting. The article specially mentions  "mailing and mailed" not "shipped."
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 12:46:41 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Of all the crimes that the DOJ was aware of, this was the most heinous act against America.
View Quote

I sleep so much better at night knowing that ninjas won’t attack me with a Spyderco balisong imported from Taiwan.
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 12:46:42 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
My account is locked, because I forgot the fucking password. Fml. I made another account using my wife’s name and email and it’s locked too??

I called and They said they’re working to unlock accounts as quick as they can.  I don’t understand how the new account is already locked.
View Quote

Mine did the same thing. Just made an account today
Page / 63
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top