Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/2/2020 9:39:11 PM EDT
[#1]
About the only thing I eat from McDonald’s is the quarter pounder with cheese meal.

It’s decent and not a bad price. I can order it as is because nobody working at any fucking fast food joint understands what no Mayo means...
Link Posted: 12/2/2020 9:41:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice...
Link Posted: 12/2/2020 9:46:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/2/2020 9:50:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Sure yours looks better. But start cranking them out at 1 every 60 seconds after the first million.  I bet your give a fucks start to go away. Two million into it your mind turns to mush. Three million into it you'll just want the stink out of your house.

Then volia you have made a mcrib.
Link Posted: 12/2/2020 10:05:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
beef stroganoff and fried tofu is better than this
View Quote

It was turkey stroganoff.

But yes.
Link Posted: 12/2/2020 10:09:38 PM EDT
[#6]
15/10

good job op

wtf is moo glue?
Link Posted: 12/2/2020 11:12:41 PM EDT
[#7]
So you people have no idea of the glory of a McRib made by people who can chef and actually give a shit??  Very very good and tasty.  Especially with bourbon  
Link Posted: 12/2/2020 11:15:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
McRib sucks. I heard the hype and I was looking forward to it. It’s trash.

The double quarter pounder is the king of McDonald’s.
View Quote

Absolutely. Love the DQPC.
Link Posted: 12/2/2020 11:17:27 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
You got turned off by throwing a piece of pre-cooked, frozen meat into a bin of hot BBQ sauce to thaw?
View Quote
The "meat" came frozen, stacked in cardboard boxes, with one plastic bag wrapped around something like 40 or 60 "patties". It's the only thing I've seen that is greasy even at -20 F.
They were not thawed. We cooked them on a grill, and pressed them with a big aluminum thing. Then we put them in a tub of BBQ "sauce".
Yes, the whole thing turned me off. Still does.
Link Posted: 12/2/2020 11:22:27 PM EDT
[#10]
I said fuck it and picked one up, not bad. It tasted better than the last time I had it a few years ago. Whats up with all you guys getting the shits? Maybe yall should get that checked out.
Link Posted: 12/2/2020 11:36:38 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
If you're in the midwest, the Kwik Trip gas station pork rib sandwiches are incredible. In fact, all their food is better than almost any fast food joint.
View Quote

They are better than the McRib, and they are available all the time.
Link Posted: 12/2/2020 11:44:53 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
beef stroganoff and fried tofu is better than this
View Quote

It was walmart "turkey" in hamburger helper, with what was claimed to be tofu. I like the McRib, and once in a while a McDouble with mac sauce. I don't get around a Mcdonad's much any more closest one is about 20 miles away.
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 12:39:55 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Apparently I’m the only motherfucker in ArfLand who likes the McRib
View Quote

No....sadly you are not.   I too am ashamed to say that I was actually a little excited it was coming back.   I feel so dirty.  
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 3:05:31 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
So you people have no idea of the glory of a McRib made by people who can chef and actually give a shit??  Very very good and tasty.  Especially with bourbon  
View Quote

All the bourbon makes it all the better!
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 3:15:59 AM EDT
[#15]
I got one today and the sandwich alone was $4.19

Didn’t they used to be like $1.99?
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 3:45:05 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I got one today and the sandwich alone was $4.19

Didn't they used to be like $1.99?
View Quote
Mine came with beer and bourbon ...
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 4:28:27 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice...
View Quote

So, who’s the shame on here?
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 4:36:04 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
There is a reason it went away, it also looks like McDonald’s failed to fix the reason why they pulled it......expect history to repeat itself.
View Quote

My understanding is that they bring it back whenever pork bellies go below a certain price.  I do recall them coming back right after Obummer was elected the first time, and making jokes about that at the time.

But the real question here is, WHAT THE FUCK IS MEAT GLUE??!?!?!!?!?!
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 4:38:50 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Sure yours looks better. But start cranking them out at 1 every 60 seconds after the first million.  I bet your give a fucks start to go away. Two million into it your mind turns to mush. Three million into it you'll just want the stink out of your house.

Then volia you have made a mcrib.
View Quote

@brahm
Not sure where you’re going here.

McDonald’s is a huge multi national corporation who does what they can to put out a consistent product.

I am a small mom’n’pop company that, albeit a far lower
volume, consistently puts out a far better product. I also also understand economy’s of scale and the difficulty of managing that sort of thing, and  not trying to complete in that market space.

That said, I can put out a shit ton more than you can, every day, all day, for as long as you like.
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 4:42:57 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

My understanding is that they bring it back whenever pork bellies go below a certain price.  I do recall them coming back right after Obummer was elected the first time, and making jokes about that at the time.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
There is a reason it went away, it also looks like McDonald’s failed to fix the reason why they pulled it......expect history to repeat itself.

Transglutaminase.
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 5:50:52 AM EDT
[#21]
You didnt omit those disgusting onions so not all that better at all
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 5:56:39 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
um, its supposed to be completely coated in sauce.

write maccas corporate, get another one for free
View Quote

HE should totally troll them
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 6:13:16 AM EDT
[#23]
I just want to puke every time I see one of these things.
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 6:31:43 AM EDT
[#24]

Nice work OP, definite improvement.
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 6:43:58 AM EDT
[#25]
Worked at McDonalds in high school 35 years ago when the McRib first came out. Have never ate one. There were people everywhere that got really sick early on cause the pork wasn't cooked enough. Not a smooth rollout lol. No desire since then.
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 8:29:45 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
If you had to handle and "cook" those things (like I did) you would have zero interest in eating one.
View Quote

Yeah there's a whole lotta GenX/millenials that wouldn't dream of eating at a McDonalds anymore because they worked there.

That said, it's one of only three sandwhiches they sell that are not microwaved. McChicken and filet-o-fish being the other two.

I go there in March....alot. fucking green shakes are my kryptonite
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 8:46:50 AM EDT
[#27]
In Philly at Reading Terminal Market the Amish ladies make one with meat off of real ribs and Cooper sharp cheese on a hoagie roll. It’s incredible.
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 8:50:50 AM EDT
[#28]
WTF is ‘meat glue’?   Eggs?    Cause thats what I’d use.
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 8:55:07 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote

Hybrid sawdust AKA ground up D grade rice.
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 9:08:21 AM EDT
[#30]
McRib is awesome.  Get the extra one for a buck, make yourself a double mcrib you glorious bastard.

Bunch of whiny trans-cunts in here, bitching about their discerning palate and weak stomachs.  

OP, you got shafted on the sauce.  The sauce works in concert with the onion and pickle, its a perfect symphony.  Without the sauce its a fat guy farting the latest billy eilish tune.
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 9:54:31 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I've never had one.

Always wonder if I should try one for the lulz.
View Quote

I've never had one either. Last time a thread about it came up I called Mcd's and they told me December. I forgot all about it until this thread. Maybe I'll finally go get one.
I'd eat the heel out of OP's pork sandwich!!
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 10:23:35 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
The "meat" came frozen, stacked in cardboard boxes, with one plastic bag wrapped around something like 40 or 60 "patties". It's the only thing I've seen that is greasy even at -20 F.
They were not thawed. We cooked them on a grill, and pressed them with a big aluminum thing. Then we put them in a tub of BBQ "sauce".
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
You got turned off by throwing a piece of pre-cooked, frozen meat into a bin of hot BBQ sauce to thaw?

Yeah dude, they're supposed to be pre-cooked and just thawed in the hot BBQ sauce.  I very distinctly remember this because the first time I had to make it (20 years ago ) I accidentally dumped a bunch of steak patties into the sauce instead and my manager had to throw everything away

Quoted:
That said, it's one of only three sandwhiches they sell that are not microwaved. McChicken and filet-o-fish being the other two.

They only thing they microwave are hotcakes and breakfast burritos
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 10:32:19 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
It was always bad
View Quote

Why are you trying to destroy my childhood?
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 11:18:51 AM EDT
[#34]
View Quote

Falling Down (6/10) Movie CLIP - The Customer is Always Right (1993) HD
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 11:22:17 AM EDT
[#35]
Tried once for the first time like three years ago....

Link Posted: 12/3/2020 2:15:14 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote

Eggs would have a difficult time binding that large of a dice.
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 2:40:04 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/The_Rock_Applause-169.gif

Nice work OP, definite improvement.
View Quote

Thank you!
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 2:41:10 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
You didnt omit those disgusting onions so not all that better at all
View Quote

The onions, pickles, and sauce are all key. Without one of them the sandwich is nothing.
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 2:47:21 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
They need to bring back the Jalapeno Double.
View Quote

The white cheddar jalapeno double was the best sandwich MCDs ever made.

I never had the Mcrib until a couple years ago and it was as bad as I could ever imagine.
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 3:37:01 PM EDT
[#40]
Nice work OP. I can’t wait to make the trek up to see you for some of your awesomeness!
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 10:51:58 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote

I think the first one I ever had was when the flintstones movie was in theaters and McDonald’s was giving away the flintstones glasses with super sized value meals. I don’t remember if it was only on the McRib meal or not.
Link Posted: 12/11/2020 11:46:14 PM EDT
[#42]
I might do this tomorrow.....
Link Posted: 12/11/2020 11:52:49 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
I'm so glad I'm in Texas where I can get real BBQ and don't have to fuck around with that bullshit.

Off to get a brisket sandwich.
View Quote

Mesquite smoked
I've never had anything but ok BBQ in Texas...
Link Posted: 12/11/2020 11:57:51 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I'm so glad I'm in Texas where I can get real BBQ and don't have to fuck around with that bullshit.

Off to get a brisket sandwich.
View Quote

So I've lived in the world of Texas "bbq". I will probably never eat that shit show again. So much better real bbq in the US than shitty cuts of meat smoked on Mesquite wood. Dont even get me started on the gdm beans.
Link Posted: 12/12/2020 12:01:55 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

I think the first one I ever had was when the flintstones movie was in theaters and McDonald’s was giving away the flintstones glasses with super sized value meals. I don’t remember if it was only on the McRib meal or not.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What a time to be alive. ‘Member Back to the Future glasses at Pizza Hut (collect all four)?
Link Posted: 12/12/2020 7:24:32 AM EDT
[#46]
I honestly can't remember the last time I went to the double arches to eat.

I think it was around the time they changed their fry oil to whatever shit they use now.

It was never GOOD food, they grew by offering ''the same food'' at every restaurant no matter where you went.

It was better when they actually had fry cooks running a grill but that was quite some time ago.
Link Posted: 12/12/2020 7:35:09 AM EDT
[#47]
Meat glue
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top