Link Posted: 11/29/2020 9:52:27 AM EDT
[#1]
Double
Link Posted: 11/29/2020 9:52:49 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

They do not.

Do you really think a battery saw has more ass than the big pro use gas saws?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Get chaps, battery chainsaws cut through chaps, don't get a battery chainsaw as a greenhorn

They do not.

A lot of newer nicer chap brands are now rated for battery use. The old ones have been cut through.
Hell I had a guy get a nasty gash from a gas saw going part way through his chaps
I don't think they're all created equal
Link Posted: 11/29/2020 9:55:56 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Get chaps, battery chainsaws cut through chaps, don't get a battery chainsaw as a greenhorn
View Quote

This- get a small gas saw and chaps and a good helmet with ear muffs and face screen.  Electric saws have considerable instant torque and will cut through chaps, pants, and flesh with ease.
Link Posted: 11/29/2020 9:56:11 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

My local dealer looked at me like i had 2 heads when i asked for a 12" bar. They swapped the bar and gave it a test run in the shop. He came back up front and told me "I was alittle skeptical, but god damn, I am sold. That thing rips!"

Thanks again.......never had ANY idea a 12" saw would be good.

My only worry (but I know about this and am ALWAYS careful) is it might be easier to have the "tip" getting into the cut.

Have you noticed that and do you have to be very careful about it (i.e., a lot more than a normal length bar)?
Link Posted: 11/29/2020 9:57:04 AM EDT
[#5]
FWIW a Bahco Laplander for folding or Silky ZUBAT for fixed hand saws will cut a surprising amount of wood. I use hand saws quite a bit.
Link Posted: 11/29/2020 9:57:27 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

A lot of newer nicer chap brands are now rated for battery use. The old ones have been cut through.
Hell I had a guy get a nasty gash from a gas saw going part way through his chaps
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

They do not.

What are the chances that chaps that have been in service for more than say 10 years have broken down? Just like old climbing gear, they probably wear and and require replacing on certain intervals.

Here's a thread that touches on it, one guy says his old chaps were deemed no longer acceptable with modern standards.

https://www.hearth.com/talk/threads/retire-old-chaps.92039/

Probably like most PPE though, it depends on a lot of factors when the accident happens. It's designed to mitigate injury, it might not be a guarantee you still don't get a little hurt, but they will reduce the potential injury substantially.

Getting a big gash from a high powered saw is worlds better than losing a leg.
Link Posted: 11/29/2020 10:00:31 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

My only worry (but I know about this and am ALWAYS careful) is it might be easier to have the "tip" getting into the cut.

Have you noticed that and do you have to be very careful about it (i.e., a lot more than a normal length bar)?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

My local dealer looked at me like i had 2 heads when i asked for a 12" bar. They swapped the bar and gave it a test run in the shop. He came back up front and told me "I was alittle skeptical, but god damn, I am sold. That thing rips!"

Thanks again.......never had ANY idea a 12" saw would be good.

I havent had any issues. I have cut everything from twigs to bucking stuff that needed to be cut from both sides to get through..

I have used bottom, top of the blade as well as plunge cut and this thing has chewed up anything I throw at it no problem. It's alittle monster and honestly my go to saw with how light it is.
Link Posted: 11/29/2020 10:02:16 AM EDT
[#8]
Before you buy your first chainsaw buy a CAT tourniquet and watch some YouTube vids and practice using the TQ. Then buy the chainsaw.
Link Posted: 11/29/2020 10:03:25 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Think about a reciprocating saw like a sawsall.  Many battery powered options are out there, or corded if you want run time and don't want to mess with batteries. .  

Paired with very good arborist blades it will do what you want, and could be more versatile than a chainsaw.

We just used a sawsall to take down an 8" diameter fruit tree, and cut the roots to pull the stump.  I wouldn't run my chainsaw in the dirt for the roots, so we used the sawsall for everything..

Good luck in your search.
View Quote

@VHLNSK

What saw and blade combination are you using to cut down 8" trees? I would love something I can toss in a side by side without getting a chainsaw and supporting gear together.
Link Posted: 11/29/2020 10:06:44 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

@VHLNSK

What saw and blade combination are you using to cut down 8" trees? I would love something I can toss in a side by side without getting a chainsaw and supporting gear together.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Think about a reciprocating saw like a sawsall.  Many battery powered options are out there, or corded if you want run time and don't want to mess with batteries. .  

Paired with very good arborist blades it will do what you want, and could be more versatile than a chainsaw.

We just used a sawsall to take down an 8" diameter fruit tree, and cut the roots to pull the stump.  I wouldn't run my chainsaw in the dirt for the roots, so we used the sawsall for everything..

@VHLNSK

I bought some big ass pruning blades once that worked really well, but burned up pretty quick.

They were probably 12" and pretty nasty, not ideal for normal cutting, but like he said, great for stuff that you know has wire and rocks and other nasty stuff in it.
Link Posted: 11/29/2020 10:10:09 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

@VHLNSK

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

@VHLNSK

https://www.homedepot.com/p/307486209

https://www.homedepot.com/p/205855908

I've done the same and it works well. Sticking a demo blade down into the dirt doesn't bother me whereas doing that with my chainsaw would not be OK.
Link Posted: 11/29/2020 10:10:57 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I bought some big ass pruning blades once that worked really well, but burned up pretty quick.

They were probably 12" and pretty nasty, not ideal for normal cutting, but like he said, great for stuff that you know has wire and rocks and other nasty stuff in it.
View Quote

Would something Iike a 20v Black and Decker with 9" or 12" pruning blades work or do I need something more like a Porter Cable or Makita?
Link Posted: 11/29/2020 10:11:45 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I havent had any issues. I have cut everything from twigs to bucking stuff that needed to be cut from both sides to get through..

I have used bottom, top of the blade as well as plunge cut and this thing has chewed up anything I throw at it no problem. It's alittle monster and honestly my go to saw with how light it is.
View Quote

Thanks!!!

A 12" saw it will be!!!
Link Posted: 11/29/2020 10:12:58 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Would something Iike a 20v Black and Decker with 9" or 12" pruning blades work or do I need something more like a Porter Cable or Makita?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Probably.

For what it's worth though, I've bucked up bigger than 8" blow downs with a silky big boy hand saw (soft wood) without too much work.

For smaller stuff they are awesome.
Link Posted: 11/29/2020 10:13:02 AM EDT
[#15]
Remington or Homelite electric chainsaw. Cheap, don't need gas, work when you need. Buy it at harbor freight,  Lowes, or HomeDepot about 60. OTD
Link Posted: 11/29/2020 10:14:04 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

What are the chances that chaps that have been in service for more than say 10 years have broken down? Just like old climbing gear, they probably wear and and require replacing on certain intervals.

Here's a thread that touches on it, one guy says his old chaps were deemed no longer acceptable with modern standards.

Probably like most PPE though, it depends on a lot of factors when the accident happens. It's designed to mitigate injury, it might not be a guarantee you still don't get a little hurt, but they will reduce the potential injury substantially.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

They do not.

Good point. I doubt they were that old but they get well used
Link Posted: 11/29/2020 10:15:52 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

They do not.

View Quote

Look at Stihls website, they say their brand chaps Do Not stop most brands of cordless saws. Get a effin clue.
Link Posted: 11/29/2020 10:16:54 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Probably.

For what it's worth though, I've bucked up bigger than 8" blow downs with a silky big boy hand saw (soft wood) without too much work.

View Quote

I have a Wicked hand saw that works great for smaller stuff.
Link Posted: 11/29/2020 10:18:05 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote

My chaps are 2 years old, bought from where I bought my saw.
Link Posted: 11/29/2020 10:19:56 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Look at Stihls website, they say their brand chaps Do Not stop most brands of cordless saws. Get a effin clue.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They do not.

I bet if you test them they will work fine.

Lawyer talk to prevent lawsuits until testing is complete.

Here's a test on Stihl chaps, with their battery saw from 2018.

They work fine. Better the battery saw actually, because naturally it's not nearly as powerful as the gas saw used in the control cut.

https://youtu.be/kelAHD6AYII
Link Posted: 11/29/2020 10:22:27 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I have an 18" Stihl 250, my dad has a Stihl 290 or something 20", a battery Stihl MS140  and a nice Echo pole saw. The battery one gets used more than anything else around the houses and does great.
View Quote

Is your 250 a real bitch to start?

Cause mine is, brand new.

Link Posted: 11/29/2020 10:32:30 AM EDT
[#22]
I have a cheap harbor freight electric saw for crap small jobs and roots.
My Ryobi Pole saw has been one hell of a useful saw and works well.

Replaced my old Stihl 18" saw with a new Echo and its WAY better than my old Stihl saw.

Link Posted: 11/29/2020 10:34:08 AM EDT
[#23]
Gas is better when new.  downside of gas if the maintenance of the engine.  Not the actual maintenance but the issues where it won't start.
Link Posted: 11/29/2020 10:37:11 AM EDT
[#24]
Exactly, chainsaws rely on centrifugal force from the clutch. Bind that up with a protective chaps and it will stop the chain. Reciprocating saws are like a piston in an engine and have more of a start stop start stop motion and therefore will cut through more material like protective chaps easily because it is a constantly jolting force. A chainsaw is a steady continuous force. Chainsaws work by using a depth of cut. If the cut is too big such as with a protective chap it is like hitting the E brake on that chain. Reciprocating saws don’t cut as big of a chip per motion so they are harder to stop.
Link Posted: 11/29/2020 10:37:17 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Gas is better when new.  downside of gas if the maintenance of the engine.  Not the actual maintenance but the issues where it won't start.
View Quote

Most issues can be solved by using ethanol free gas or adding seafoam to 89 or higher octane and then running the saw before storing. Also don't buy cheap oil mix, get stihl synthetic. Worst case scenario, 20mins to clean the carb.
Link Posted: 11/29/2020 11:05:27 AM EDT
[#26]
The fact that trees seem much larger laying in your backyard as opposed to standing in your backyard prompted me to purchase a Stihl MS-250 a couple of years back.

Used it yesterday as a matter of fact and Spanish moss will stop it dead in its tracks.
Link Posted: 11/29/2020 11:17:33 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Exactly, chainsaws rely on centrifugal force from the clutch. Bind that up with a protective chaps and it will stop the chain. Reciprocating saws are like a piston in an engine and have more of a start stop start stop motion and therefore will cut through more material like protective chaps easily because it is a constantly jolting force. A chainsaw is a steady continuous force. Chainsaws work by using a depth of cut. If the cut is too big such as with a protective chap it is like hitting the E brake on that chain. Reciprocating saws don’t cut as big of a chip per motion so they are harder to stop.
View Quote

When people are talking about electric saws they are talking about battery powered chainsaws.
Link Posted: 11/29/2020 11:20:55 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Most issues can be solved by using ethanol free gas or adding seafoam to 89 or higher octane and then running the saw before storing. Also don't buy cheap oil mix, get stihl synthetic. Worst case scenario, 20mins to clean the carb.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Depends on the usage of the equipment. Daily or weekly use saws will fare much better because they will always have fresh gas cycled in.

When gas sits, ethanol or not, things start to varnish.

It's the reason I went to a battery powered weedwhacker, so much better to just hang it up in the fall and dig it out in the summer when I need it, plop in a battery and go.

Also the same reason I plan on getting a battery powered saw. I don't burn firewood anymore, so my gas saw just sits. I think I used it twice this summer, only a matter of time until I have to change the carb (again, after about 6 years of using it for firewood the carb took a shit and I changed it, this was maybe 5-6 years ago).

It doesn't make sense to deal with the maintenance and service requirement of gas if electric will work just as well for the application.

As far as cleaning the carb, it's almost pointless now with how cheap they can be replaced. I keep extra carbs on hand for my screed, which has the small Honda 4 stroke on it. Take 5 minutes to swap them if it starts to act shitty.
Link Posted: 11/29/2020 11:28:01 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
For the last thirty years, I’ve owned one or more chainsaws, but I’m very much an occasional user. I wouldn’t presume to give anyone advice on technique, but I will tell you what I’ve figured out about them:

1) Chainsaws have an insatiable hunger for human flesh.  I’ve been bit a couple of times by electric woodworking tools.  In both cases, I’d be missing very useful body parts if it’d been a chainsaw

2) Go slow; stay scared.  Every time I unlock the storage shed, I think, “Years from now, am I going to remember this as the last time I could walk without assistance, cut my own steak, or have a face that didn’t make small children hide behind their mother.” The first time I don’t think this, will be the day I sell them.

3) Become proficient at throwing the thing. My personal philosophy is, when things go south, I’m going east and that bitch is going west.

Good luck and enjoy.  Chainsaws are hella fun.

View Quote

This... Always think of how the cutting part is to fall if you or it lose its place.
Link Posted: 11/29/2020 12:00:38 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Well he's least likely to injure himself with the recip saw and if all you are doing is light limb duty there's no need for a chainsaw. As a bonus the recip saw can perform a variety of tasks (an electric chainsaw is a uni-tasker) and the blades are cheap and replaceable without tools.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Use a reciprocating saw.

If he's never used a chainsaw, my guess would be he's never used a reciprocating saw, either.

Well he's least likely to injure himself with the recip saw and if all you are doing is light limb duty there's no need for a chainsaw. As a bonus the recip saw can perform a variety of tasks (an electric chainsaw is a uni-tasker) and the blades are cheap and replaceable without tools.

Truth!
Link Posted: 11/29/2020 12:28:35 PM EDT
[#31]
For a true mini, the Milwaukee M12 Hatchet is brilliant. I have one and it's for real a one hand operation. The next step up is the Dewalt 20v brushless 12". I have it also and it's super easy to handle. And you can snatch one for $99 right now at Home Depot and elsewhere. I wouldn't even consider a gas model unless you use it several times a month.

Milwaukee M12 FUEL Hatchet Pruning Saw

DEWALT DCCS620P1 20V Compact 12" Chainsaw Review
Link Posted: 11/29/2020 12:42:54 PM EDT
[#32]
Battery powered. I've seen a 12 inch iirc
Link Posted: 11/29/2020 1:02:07 PM EDT
[#33]
I feed a small pedestal wood stove for supplemental heat and cut small wood. Finally settled on two saws for my needs after several years. One is a corded electric. The other is a 310 Echo. The Echo yields liftable chunks to the trailer and the electric finishes those chunks into cord wood size. The 14" electric is about 15 years old. The 14" Echo is about 7 years old. I cannot recommend the Echo enough. Drain and run out the gas at end of season and it fires up after two pulls, every time next season.

If you are a noob to chainsaws, get some chaps and a face shield. They do not play with flesh. Clothing is what pulls them into flesh. Hit a big leg artery and you can bleed out before help gets to you. I saw a leg artery skeeting once. Horse riding accident.  If he'd not had someone to apply direct pressure, he would have died, right there. Don't even get complacent with chaps on.

My uncle, a wood cutter by trade, gave me good advice years ago: " When you run a saw, make sure that is all you are doing or thinking about, the saw. Can't think about lunch, going fishing or the poon you might get Saturday night."
Link Posted: 11/29/2020 1:04:55 PM EDT
[#34]
This thread has convinced me that I am completely irresponsible with a chainsaw. I just ordered some chaps and a face shield.
Link Posted: 11/29/2020 1:05:22 PM EDT
[#35]
Have a stihl 230 cbe that's less than a year old, it's the easy start model.  With stihl that means you only blow out one shoulder starting it.

Pile of shit and will need a new carb every other year.  Buy Echo.
Link Posted: 11/29/2020 1:08:49 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote

I'm a chainsaw geek and I'll use my cordless reciprocating saw every time I can get away with it.
Link Posted: 11/29/2020 1:12:24 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

IC engines generate maximum torque high up in the rpm range. Electric motors generate maximum torque at stall.

As the chain binds, the engine gets “weaker” and the motor gets “stronger”.

That’s the theory, anyway.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What is so magical about an electric saw that it will cut through chaps?

Chaps clog the teeth and bind the saw.  They work for both.

IC engines generate maximum torque high up in the rpm range. Electric motors generate maximum torque at stall.

As the chain binds, the engine gets “weaker” and the motor gets “stronger”.

That’s the theory, anyway.

There are YT videos testing the Stihl (i.e. known quality) chaps vs gas AND electric chainsaws.

TL/DR quality chaps will stop electric chainsaws just fine.

***Beat. Several times
Link Posted: 11/29/2020 1:12:55 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

What is so magical about an electric saw that it will cut through chaps?

Chaps clog the teeth and bind the saw.  They work for both.
View Quote

I think it was an issue on older saws.  I don't know what, if anything has changed though.

The padding in the chaps shred apart and get jammed in the clutch and drive sprocket. The argument at one point was that since the electric saws don't have a clutch, the saw would get jammed up.

It's all just theory for me though. I don't use electric saws, but I wear my chaps every time I run a saw.  I imagine I would continue to do so, even with an electric saw.
Link Posted: 11/29/2020 1:18:08 PM EDT
[#39]
Get a https://www.amazon.com/DEWALT-DCS367B-Brushless-Compact-Reciprocating/dp/B01M69K91R/ref=asc_df_B01M69K91R/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=309811990469&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=11546365663756839096&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9018932&hvtargid=pla-499735435397&psc=1

Get extra batteries and good blades for the occasion...you don't need a chainsaw for your stated work and this will serve you a million times better...I have cut lots of 5" diameter oak & pines and limbed many many trees with these saws...
Link Posted: 11/29/2020 1:27:09 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Probably.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Probably.

Same.

Cut through a ~12" tree that fell across a trail, with an 8" Silky. Not exactly efficient, but doable.

HTF do you saw through a 12" trunk with an 8" saw? Cut V-notches on opposite sides with the saw, then saw through the narrower midsection between the V-notches. Heckuva lot more work, but doable when you don't have anything else handy (the tree was across a trail on a slope with the other part bound up. Once the trunk was cut through, the half that was lower, slid down the slope enough to clear the trail).

For smaller than 8" tasks, either a sawzall or Silky BigBoy XL will do. Much safer, and no worries about starting, premix etc.

For occasional work up to 12", the M18 battery saw works great. For regular use on thicker wood, get a gas saw.
Link Posted: 11/29/2020 1:27:44 PM EDT
[#41]
I have a chainsaw for anything over about 4 inches, and a battery power sawzall for limbs and such. Most cutting and trimming can be easily done with sawzall. Had a Dogwood  that needed trimming, sawzall did everything I needed. Just Cleared a tree that was about 10 inches thick, 1st time needed chainsaw in long time.We are covered up with those invasive wild privit bushes/trees. They will get 8 inches thick, and tree sized. I drive 4 wheeler around property with sawzall and chainsaw looking for these.
Link Posted: 11/29/2020 1:41:20 PM EDT
[#42]
I don't understand people recommending the OP spend hundreds of dollars on a gas or battery saw for a use or an occasional use. The carb on the gas saw will end up crapped up or the expensive batteries will end up dead.

You can get a highly rate corded chainsaw at harborfreight for $50 ($40 with a coupon a lot of the time) that will work great for what the OP wants to do.
Link Posted: 11/29/2020 1:43:47 PM EDT
[#43]
Get what you can afford and what’s suitable for your use; be safe and don’t cut off any body parts.
Link Posted: 11/29/2020 1:52:06 PM EDT
[#44]
I used to always badmouth most cordless tools, especially high draw items like chainsaws. Mostly because batteries would get used up pretty quickly under heavy use. But I've used some of the newer models with larger lithium batteries, and am sold on their use for many jobs. When it comes to cordless battery tools, once you get one brand, you tend to stick with it because you have the batteries, so keep that in mind when you start buying tools.

I happen to have the 20v dewalt, and I'm pretty pleased with all the tools so far. I have a 12" cordless dewalt chainsaw, and it works well for modest jobs. Even the Ryobi tools get pretty good reviews from most users, while pros may prefer the Milwaukee. But as a simple homeowner and weekend worker, the dewalt has been great for me. My buddy has the ryobi line, and has been satisfied as well. He's a weekend user like me.

But if you are less experienced with chainsaws, it still might be better just to get a good pruning blade for a sawzall (whether you have a corded or cordless) and use that. They will still get the job done, possibly a bit slower, but safer for the infrequent user.

ETA: If you have a small yard, it's also worth it to just spend $50 on a heavy duty 50' or 100' extension cord, and use a corded sawzall or light chainsaw. If you are only working like this once every few months, it's not a big deal to go corded. If you have to walk 300' to prune some limbs out back, then cordless or gas come into play, either one might be appropriate, depending on the size of the job.
Link Posted: 11/29/2020 2:02:37 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
For the last thirty years, I've owned one or more chainsaws, but I'm very much an occasional user. I wouldn't presume to give anyone advice on technique, but I will tell you what I've figured out about them:

1) Chainsaws have an insatiable hunger for human flesh.  I've been bit a couple of times by electric woodworking tools.  In both cases, I'd be missing very useful body parts if it'd been a chainsaw

2) Go slow; stay scared.  Every time I unlock the storage shed, I think, "Years from now, am I going to remember this as the last time I could walk without assistance, cut my own steak, or have a face that didn't make small children hide behind their mother." The first time I don't think this, will be the day I sell them.

3) Become proficient at throwing the thing. My personal philosophy is, when things go south, I'm going east and that bitch is going west.

Good luck and enjoy.  Chainsaws are hella fun.

View Quote
I started using a chainsaw when I was 12. No nicks yet.
Link Posted: 11/29/2020 2:18:13 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
I'm looking for a mini chainsaw for some work in front of my house. The work I will do is small. My goal is to get things done faster. I'm not very good with chainsaws. From now on I'll have to look at how to use them. Does anyone have any information on the subject?
Note: It would be much better if you throw away the pictures of your mini chainsaw. Thank you.
View Quote

Small?

My Echo CS-2511T. Lightest gas saw in US. Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/29/2020 2:49:38 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Buy chaps and wear ear and eye protection. .
View Quote

Chaps.....for men.

Link Posted: 11/29/2020 2:59:06 PM EDT
[#48]
Anything less than a professional grade saw with a 28" bar you suck as a man in GD's eyes.
Link Posted: 11/29/2020 3:37:00 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

This or a Husqvarna 3120.

Think of your family, OP.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Stihl 880 or it's your funeral.

This or a Husqvarna 3120.

Think of your family, OP.

3120 is a good around-the-house saw your wife can use too.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/29/2020 3:44:27 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

@VHLNSK

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

@VHLNSK

@AKengineer

These 12" and the 9" work great on wet and dry wood in my experience.  Plunging it into the dirt and working around the tree for roots worked really well. Interesting though, a sturdy metal-cutting blade worked about as well on roots, didn't bring as much dirt into the cut.  

https://www.amazon.com/12-Inch-Pruning-Reciprocating-Sawzall-Blades/dp/B075J7LF4Z

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

not my photos

We have a Ridgid battery powered saw and an old corded Milwaukee Sawzall with Hi/Lo speed selection.  On the dry stuff either is fine.  On wet stuff the Lo speed of the Milwaukee keeps the blade from gumming up with sap.

Looks like many others replied as well
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top