BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 21
Link Posted: 11/24/2020 12:42:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Remember, Mommies for Commies have to drive in, and find places to park too. It would be a shame if all paid, public parking was taken.
View Quote

They won't be set up inside the capital building as honored guests, this time?
Link Posted: 11/24/2020 12:44:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 11/24/2020 12:44:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
The VCDL just dropped the following e-mail, looks like they want to do a drive in/thru Lobby Day.

The Virginia anti-gun Democrat leadership is trying desperately to suppress VCDL's Lobby Day in 2021 - but they won't succeed.  Lobby Day this year will be more eye-popping than last year and you will be warmer to boot!

The Governor and the Democrats that control the General Assembly really, really don't want another massive VCDL Lobby Day and rally on January 18, 2021, so games are being played to silence us.

VCDL was told years ago that an application to use the Bell Tower for an event more than six months out would not even be accepted.  We have followed that rule, booked six months out, and gotten the 11 am slot for 17 years.  This year, when we applied exactly six months out, we were told that the 11 am slot was already booked!  In fact, every slot was filled except the 6 am and 6 pm slots.

How was that even possible?  We had booked right at the six month mark.

We got a copy of a Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) document containing the applications that had been accepted by the Department of General Services (DGS) for Lobby Day on January 18, 2021.  Lo and behold - the 11am slot had been requested by Andrew Goddard and Lori Haas with the Virginia Center For Public Safety (a gun-control group with ties to Michael Bloomberg).  Here's the kicker - DGS accepted the application, which had been filed OVER A YEAR IN ADVANCE (January 14, 2020)!  That was even before the VCDL's 2020 Lobby Day event!

If Lori Haas's name sounds familiar, she's the paid gun-control lobbyist who the Democrats put on the supposedly non-partisan Crime Commission a few months ago, destroying the Commission's credibility on any gun-related items.

The other slots were taken by the following organizations (note the dates the applications were submitted - all self-proclaimed progressive organizations, all magically within a few days of Goddard's application, and all before VCDL's Lobby Day 2020!):

9 am: Care in Action.  Applied on January 17, 2020.
1 pm: Progress Virginia (another gun-control rally).  Applied on January 17, 2020.
3 pm: New Virginia Majority.  Applied on January 19, 2020.

DGS's own rules say they will grant the venues to the first applicant with a valid application.  That would have made VCDL the first valid applicant for the 11 am slot (or any of the slots for that matter). But that's not what is being done.

And that's not all:  notification of who has actually gotten the slots won't be known until mid-December, making planning for such an event very difficult.  

A new set of rules is in the process of being passed, which will allow DGS to postpone the event if the Governor or the General Assembly decides they want to use the grounds at that time.  So, the day before Lobby Day, DGS could decide that some Senator needs to use the Bell Tower for one of his events and VCDL's event will be cancelled and moved to some other date.  Also, If more than the maximum number of people show up for an event, it can be cancelled.  I kid you not.  Proposed changes can be seen here.

And then there are all the COVID-19 games that can be played by the Governor, as well as the House holding their session virtually in 2021.

If the Governor and the Democrats in the General Assembly want to play games in order to suppress our right to free speech, then we'll play a game of our own:  it's called #Rolling4the2A, and this they can't stop.

You may have heard of the annual "Rolling Thunder" event in DC and the massive "Trump Trains" recently.  Both involve hundreds of vehicles with flags and signs traveling together to express support for a cause.

VCDL is going to do that on January 18, but on steroids!

VCDL's lobbying effort on January 18 is going to consist of thousands of vehicles in four major caravans coming from the corners of the state and all of them headed to Richmond!  We will post the times the various caravans should be passing key locations so those along the routes can join the caravans as it passes by their area.  

The four major caravans will all flood into the Richmond area over a 4 hour period in the afternoon and will pass through the center of Richmond, near wherever the Senate is meeting.

We will have flags and magnetic signs for all the vehicles which are taking part in this event, so everyone watching the seemingly never-ending flow of vehicles will have no doubt about the mission of those vehicles.

We are already planning on how to cover and coordinate this event over social media, including having guest speakers live-streaming and allowing everyone to know where the various caravans are located as they move across the state.

Obviously we want as many vehicles as possible in each caravan, but we are looking at having some "decked-out" buses ("wrapped" with pro-gun messages) for those who simply cannot drive, but still want to be part of this incredible event.

As a bonus, you can stay armed, you can stay warm and/or dry in your vehicle, and no worries about finding a place to park!

This is going to be SOOOO cool.  Yes, there will be a lot of driving from some of you, but it will be worth it.  The message we will be sending will be heard not only in Richmond, but in the whole state, and across the country!

What if I want to park my vehicle and walk around Richmond armed?

While VCDL is not holding an event in Richmond, you are certainly allowed to park your car and walk around the City armed if you wish.  Carry signs if you wish, too.  The Richmond ordinance banning guns at a permitted event only applies if:

1.  It is a permitted event or should have been a permitted event - you walking around Richmond is neither.  Regardless of how many people decide to do so at the same time, it is irrelevant as long as they are not doing it as some kind of a coordinated effort
2.  There must be "no guns" signs posted by the City and they can only post those signs temporarily for permitted events.

NOTES IF YOU ARE CARRYING A RIFLE OR A HANDGUN:

If you are planning to travel with a rifle or a handgun, either as a resident or a non-resident, please ensure you are aware of the applicable gun-laws.  The Virginia State Police website has some good information on transporting firearms (https://www.vsp.virginia.gov/Firearms_Transporting.shtm).

For those with 'scary' black rifles or with certain handguns, please maintain awareness of Virginia code 18.2-287.4 "Carrying loaded firearms in public areas prohibited" found at https://law.lis.virginia.gov/vacode/title18.2/chapter7/section18.2-287.4/.  Basically, if you are planning to carry a loaded, center-fire rifle or handgun with a threaded barrel, a folding stock (rifle only), or with a magazine in the gun that holds MORE than 20 rounds in Richmond, you must have a valid concealed handgun permit (all non-resident concealed carry permits are honored by Virginia).

Except as specified in the previous paragraph, open carry of a long gun or a handgun does not require a permit in Virginia.  If you have a permit, only handguns can be carried concealed, NOT long guns.

Watch for updates over the next few weeks

You will be told the following things over VA-ALERT and they will also be posted on the VCDL.org website:

* How to get the flags and magnet signs with pro-gun messages for your vehicle
* The exact routes and approximate times that each caravan will pass through key locations
* Links to where you can hear VCDL's invited speakers, as well as follow the progress of the caravans

I'll see you at #Rolling4the2A on January 18, 2021!  And for those of you from other states, come join us!  Richmond, here we come!

Please use these tags on social media when referring to Lobby Day 2021:  #Rolling4the2a #VCDL
View Quote
View Quote

TL;DR.

Civil disobedience. It's the only way. Coloring inside the lines won't fix anything.
Link Posted: 11/24/2020 12:45:17 PM EDT
[#4]
So what’s the plan?

Will APC/VBB be there?
Link Posted: 11/24/2020 12:45:21 PM EDT
[#5]
So that whole six month rule was not really a rule ? Damn.
Link Posted: 11/24/2020 12:45:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Fuck that pussy shit. VCDL is as weak as the NRA is when it actually comes to having balls.

Lobby Day 2.0 needs to be a grass roots shit show. We show up, we get loud, and we don’t leave until we’re heard.
Link Posted: 11/24/2020 12:45:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Ok, what day is January 18, 2021?  Seems like that would be a fucking common sense addition.

(BTW, it's a fucking MONDAY.  And it's also MLK Day.)
View Quote

I took a vacation day to be there. It’s a worthy cause.
Link Posted: 11/24/2020 12:46:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote

The House is probably meeting virtually. They won’t even be there. The Senate met offsite as well during the last session.
Link Posted: 11/24/2020 12:46:14 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
So that whole six month rule was not really a rule ? Damn.
View Quote

No they simply lied to VCDL.
Link Posted: 11/24/2020 12:47:06 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

We work unlike the others.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
why does lobby day have to be on MLK day? What difference does it make? Have it the next day and get the permits for then.

We work unlike the others.

take the fucking day off. Be "sick". That whole "i have to work" is a tired, sad, piss poor excuse.
Link Posted: 11/24/2020 12:51:26 PM EDT
[#11]
I hope the rally points are being held close to the chest until this kicks off.  

Also, everyone driving needs to know every road into Richmond.  I wouldn't put it past the VSP to block every major Interstate entry into the city.

I wouldn't assume VCDL knows what the fuck it's doing since this is the same clown who pulled this shit.
Link Posted: 11/24/2020 12:52:03 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

WTF???  Is this new???
View Quote
No. But nobody cared. Loads of people were rocking 30 rounders. If you really want to be nitty, just have a 20 in and then a vest full of 30's.
Link Posted: 11/24/2020 12:52:34 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

The House is probably meeting virtually. They won’t even be there. The Senate met offsite as well during the last session.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Cool. So no reason for pistols, suits, or fences in the plaza.
Link Posted: 11/24/2020 12:55:46 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I don't think so; there was much handwringing over this last time.

It was not enforced, and you just don't keep a mag in the gun to avoid the issue.
View Quote

Nobody gave a fuck last year. We all had loaded 30 round mags in our guns. A cop tried to tell one of the guys walking next to me that he couldn't do that. He was promptly told to fuck off by everyone in the vicinity and we kept walking.

I'm not sure why the cop singled him out. He was a member here, but I don't know his username.
Link Posted: 11/24/2020 12:55:58 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Fuck that pussy shit. VCDL is as weak as the NRA is when it actually comes to having balls.

Lobby Day 2.0 needs to be a grass roots shit show. We show up, we get loud, and we don’t leave until we’re heard.
View Quote

VCDL is a political organization, they always have been. They have been aggressive and effective. They are law abiding and they have to be. The laws are now being violated and used against us. VCDL CAN NOT encourage things that violate laws, they can't. They are doing what they can, but the other side is now cheating.
Link Posted: 11/24/2020 12:56:00 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Ok, what day is January 18, 2021?  Seems like that would be a fucking common sense addition.

(BTW, it's a fucking MONDAY.  And it's also MLK Day.)

Oh, I'm there regardless of when it is.  I just think not including the day of the week is a stupid lack of attention to detail.

I have no problem with 6PM.  Break out the torches, bet that would cause much plotzing amongst the liberals and would bring out the MSM.
Link Posted: 11/24/2020 12:58:04 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote

From the email they have/had options for slots at 6am an 6pm.  At 6am based on the last event who is going to leave, let the commie mommies show up while we are still there.  At 6pm its getting dark in most AO's, pretty sure Richmond is no exception.  That's an invitation for trouble, look at BLM, not saying I advocate that.
Link Posted: 11/24/2020 1:02:02 PM EDT
[#18]
Defeatism is alive and thriving on this site.
Link Posted: 11/24/2020 1:06:10 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Yeah I read that. Total bullshit
View Quote

I’m coming from Ohio. We need to get names from out of state people and try to roll together.
Link Posted: 11/24/2020 1:07:50 PM EDT
[#20]
Take my post with a grain of salt if you wish but:

F*ck that. Have everybody show up again in full rattle, only this time bring 100k people.

Last year was supposedly the "Rattle Snake" rally. If you keep rattling but don't (COC), the rattle ends up a paperweight on somebody's desk and you wind up as a dead ornament.

Again, take it or leave it as you may.
Link Posted: 11/24/2020 1:14:02 PM EDT
[#21]
I dont plan on driving 600 miles to , uh, keep driving. Especially in easily locked down traffic. Also, from the email, guns are banned from permitted protests.
Well, WE dont have a permit, but that silly antigun bitch does.
Fact is Jan 20, is a long time away, and our braintrusts here have some time to form a real plan. VCDL was great last year, but it was OUR guys , who made the event the huge success that it was.
Link Posted: 11/24/2020 1:24:58 PM EDT
[#22]
i think that's a stupid idea for reasons enumerated above.

as an alternative, i would propose civil disobedience.

instead of US sitting in cars, we need to make everyone else in Richmond sit in their car.    We need 100+ people sitting on every road going in/out of Richmond, just outside the city limits, working in shifts.  Start the tuesday afternoon after, so morning commuters can go into the city, but after that nobody comes in or out.  We should take up collection and have pallets of bricks and obstacles delivered to block the roads. Protest should last a week or more.    It will be like the opposite of chaz.   block all deliveries into the city.   grocery stores will be empty in 3 days.

bring your camping gear and a week's worth of food
Link Posted: 11/24/2020 1:40:40 PM EDT
[#23]
Hmm, I wonder what Mike Dunn's group is going to do? He already did an armed march last week at the capital.
Link Posted: 11/24/2020 1:43:30 PM EDT
[#24]
I already took the day off. Add me to list of people who are not going to drive that far to just drive around.
Link Posted: 11/24/2020 1:44:50 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote

Didn't they meet at the science museum?  Maybe we should show up there...
Link Posted: 11/24/2020 2:04:31 PM EDT
[#26]
You guys think the government will care if and when they "hear you?"
Link Posted: 11/24/2020 2:04:35 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Is VCDL going to run shuttle buses from outlying parking lots like they did last year?
View Quote

Does silence mean that's a "no" dawg?
Link Posted: 11/24/2020 2:07:39 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Is VCDL going to run shuttle buses from outlying parking lots like they did last year?

I'm sure there will be a lot of questions asked and answered in the weeks/months to come.  I don't know the answer to your question at the moment.
Link Posted: 11/24/2020 2:12:46 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
That will show em.

A few barricades and they wont get within a mile of the capital.
View Quote

There are solutions to any problem.   It goes both ways.
Link Posted: 11/24/2020 2:21:43 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

WTF???  Is this new???
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Basically, if you are planning to carry a loaded, center-fire rifle or handgun with a threaded barrel, a folding stock (rifle only), or with a magazine in the gun that holds MORE than 20 rounds in Richmond, you must have a valid concealed handgun permit (all non-resident concealed carry permits are honored by Virginia).

WTF???  Is this new???

No.
Link Posted: 11/24/2020 2:23:18 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

No.

That was the law/regulation last time as well.

(Nobody was asked to produce a concealed carry license by LEO)
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Basically, if you are planning to carry a loaded, center-fire rifle or handgun with a threaded barrel, a folding stock (rifle only), or with a magazine in the gun that holds MORE than 20 rounds in Richmond, you must have a valid concealed handgun permit (all non-resident concealed carry permits are honored by Virginia).

WTF???  Is this new???

No.

I was yelled at for having a mag in my rifle, though.
Link Posted: 11/24/2020 2:24:44 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

WTF???  Is this new???

No.

Just put a 20 round mag in your rifle and 30's on your PC.  I prefer shooting with 20's anyway.
Link Posted: 11/24/2020 2:25:19 PM EDT
[#33]
Honk if you love America?
Link Posted: 11/24/2020 2:29:27 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Just put a 20 round mag in your rifle and 30's on your PC.  I prefer shooting with 20's anyway.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

WTF???  Is this new???

No.

I have a carry permit, so I was well within the bounds of the law. Rather than deal with his ego, I ejected the mag, waited until he moved another 50ft up the line, reinserted it and went about my business.
Link Posted: 11/24/2020 2:30:36 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

From the email they have/had options for slots at 6am an 6pm.  At 6am based on the last event who is going to leave, let the commie mommies show up while we are still there.  At 6pm its getting dark in most AO's, pretty sure Richmond is no exception.  That's an invitation for trouble, look at BLM, not saying I advocate that.
View Quote

Take take the 0600 slot and fillabuster it; do not ceede the plaza.
Link Posted: 11/24/2020 2:34:28 PM EDT
[#36]
When I got the EM this morning I read it through a couple of times and I still don't know what to think of the whole thing.....I'll let our local organization leadership chew on it for a couple of days and see what they think before committing one way or the other.

Link Posted: 11/24/2020 2:41:20 PM EDT
[#37]
Just show up en mass, vandalize statues & other property on the Capital grounds and History shows that you can't get convicted if you just include a black woman Democrat Legislator in your posse!

Easy Peasy!!

BIGGER_HAMMER

Link Posted: 11/24/2020 2:46:52 PM EDT
[#38]
I was SHOCKED last year when I pointed out (including photos) to a Washington Post Reporter that a Democrat Governor famous for wearing KKK Robes & Black Face had RESTRICTED all of the parking around the Capital on ML King Day.    

I mean, that is 'George Wallace' level Racism there - it is not??

She didn't care about that and instead wanted to know if I was part of a Armed Texas Militia and if our plans were peaceful or not.  

BIGGER_HAMMER
Link Posted: 11/24/2020 2:48:24 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I was SHOCKED last year when I pointed out (including photos) to a Washington Post Reporter that a Democrat Governor famous for wearing KKK Robes & Black Face had RESTRICTED all of the parking around the Capital on ML King Day.    

She didn't care about that and instead wanted to know if I was part of a Armed Texas Militia and if our plans were peaceful or not.  

BIGGER_HAMMER
View Quote

Yeah that's why I didn't talk to reporters. I was correct.

They just kept looking until they found someone not articulate, then kept getting sound bytes from them.
Link Posted: 11/24/2020 2:59:37 PM EDT
[#40]
I will be parking in the coliseum parking deck and walking in with my group like we did this year. If everyone else shows up like this year what are they gonna do about it?

I'm sure the other groups will cancel out of "fear for their safety" when it looks like a huge turnout from our side.
Link Posted: 11/24/2020 2:59:52 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
No. But nobody cared. Loads of people were rocking 30 rounders. If you really want to be nitty, just have a 20 in and then a vest full of 30's.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

WTF???  Is this new???

I think I need to get a D60
Link Posted: 11/24/2020 3:00:47 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

WTF???  Is this new???

You don't have one?

Link Posted: 11/24/2020 3:03:59 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Just ignore the state and tell everyone to meet on the lawn.

The drive through will be defeated by blocking roads “for safety”.  If you think blackface is going to let a Trump Train type huge mobile protest happen you’re delusional.

He’ll dig up roads for a pretense of closing them.

Attend the anti-gun rally. Bring your own signs and mobile PA system.  Decide if you’re willing to proceed with civil disobedience.

Overwhelm them with numbers again so they don’t dare arrest anyone.
View Quote

That's the answer.
Link Posted: 11/24/2020 3:04:59 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

They just kept looking until they found someone not articulate, then kept getting sound bytes from them.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

BIGGER_HAMMER

The guy that interviewed me from one of the DC stations was straight up a gun guy. No gotcha questions, and as soon as he was done he asked about one of the other guy's suppressors. We then talked about his pet reloads for his .300BO and long range shooting with a training group in WV that included some retired SEALs.
Link Posted: 11/24/2020 3:05:46 PM EDT
[#45]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

WTF???  Is this new???

You don't have one?

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/138374/543dda274ca554e7dd5ba5e88a8bf257-1425373-1426036.jpg

I've always looked at them and them thought about how many 30 rounders I could buy for the same price and got those instead.
Link Posted: 11/24/2020 3:05:50 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

I think technically it can't be an organized group.

https://media1.tenor.com/images/9e85260fbf36db870eaab519f0e28f2e/tenor.gif
View Quote

Fuck their rules.
Link Posted: 11/24/2020 3:07:22 PM EDT
[#47]
Meet on the lawn.

Link Posted: 11/24/2020 3:13:25 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
why does lobby day have to be on MLK day? What difference does it make? Have it the next day and get the permits for then.
View Quote

Having it on MLK day is a bad look. News headlines: "gun toting racists march in protest of MLK day" or "gun toting racists try to steal MLK's spotlight"
Link Posted: 11/24/2020 3:15:20 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 11/24/2020 3:20:51 PM EDT
[#50]
I made the 14 hour trip this year, and I'll do so again if you need me.

Page / 21
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top