your investments are based on

"a feeling in the air"

good lord
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By tooldforthis:
Originally Posted By Jagrmaister:
There's this feeling in the air that Bitcoin is PREPARING TO RIP!  

https://i.makeagif.com/media/10-22-2015/kmsQL_.gif

"a feeling in the air"  

your investments are based on

"a feeling in the air"

good lord

Lol. Sometimes you have to go with your gut.

Doesn't matter what Bitcoin's price to me is, because I'm indeed an investor. Not a trader. I continue to add to my position.

If it goes to zero, my life won't change all that much in the grand scheme. My research on what Bitcoin is, how it works, and what I believe it can provide to 8+ billion people globally is why I INVEST.

No one should follow my feelings. Bitcoin is currently an absolute mess in terms of technicals and looks like a complete disaster for the interim.

I'm looking beyond that and zooming out to see where I believe the market will eventually head. Until then, I expect more pain and will be fine with it. The alts simply take away from a grander picture and a space dump only means more of them die and Bitcoin can further solidify its place.

Stock market will likely be garbage as well for the interim. Until you shake out and people stop viewing Bitcoin like its a speculative tech stock, which it isn't, we will continue to have this coupling. Eventually, in time, that correlation will break.

I'm not making any attempt to perfectly time this market. This is a decade or longer play for me. I don't see a better or more secure/ stable asset for where we're headed in the future.

Please, I beg of you all, nobody follow in my footsteps.
Link Posted: 5/26/2022 9:37:21 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Brahmzy] [#2]
View Quote

Too late. Just had another $28,xxx limit hit.

LOL @ Redditors asking if they should sell their ALTs this morning. Um, it’s a little late for that folks!

At this point everything gets rode into the dirt - there’s nothing to sell. I’m considering my CRO a total loss at this point. Luckily that’s not a significant portion of my portfolio. Lots of lessons are being learnt by ALT maxis right now.
Link Posted: 5/26/2022 9:41:31 AM EDT
[#3]

Doesn't matter what Bitcoin's price to me is, because I'm indeed an investor. Not a trader. I continue to add to my position.

If it goes to zero, my life won't change all that much in the grand scheme. My research on what Bitcoin is, how it works, and what I believe it can provide to 8+ billion people globally is why I INVEST.

No one should follow my feelings. Bitcoin is currently an absolute mess in terms of technicals and looks like a complete disaster for the interim.

I'm looking beyond that and zooming out to see where I believe the market will eventually head. Until then, I expect more pain and will be fine with it. The alts simply take away from a grander picture and a space dump only means more of them die and Bitcoin can further solidify its place.

Stock market will likely be garbage as well for the interim. Until you shake out and people stop viewing Bitcoin like its a speculative tech stock, which it isn't, we will continue to have this coupling. Eventually, in time, that correlation will break.

I'm not making any attempt to perfectly time this market. This is a decade or longer play for me. I don't see a better or more secure/ stable asset for where we're headed in the future.

View Quote

I agree it should not be viewed as a speculative tech stock.  Still trying to understand what it should be viewed as?

A digital asset?

Something more like real-estate?

What?

Link Posted: 5/26/2022 9:41:52 AM EDT
[#4]

View Quote

Kinda wish I had in regard to alts.

My gut told me to dump them at the 1st of the year, but..well..
Link Posted: 5/26/2022 10:09:35 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Jagrmaister] [#5]
Oh yeah and while on the subject and just for giggles, the last time I had a "gut feeling" was Tesla at $180/share... and before that was back in 2004, when I asked my then money manager about Google. He advised it was too speculative and the price from ipo was something like $112/share already up from its $85 open...or too rich and a LOT of risk even if it was $85...I listened to his advice and didn't buy any at the time. In hindsight, that was REALLY great advice and I'm happy he looked out for my financial security!

So now, I no longer care what anyone says. Bitcoin is a bigger deal than Google. Been involved since mid-2017. Today is STILL early in something very few know much about other than Bitcoin is fake internet moniez that can turn fiat money into fatter stacks or at times much thinner stacks. The fact we can buy Bitcoin for fiat currency at all in this stage is marveling, but I am grateful.  Let's see how it plays out twenty years from now. Sometimes the ether (not to be confused with the shitcoin Ethereum) whispers to those willing to listen.

In other news:
US Economy shrunk 1.5% Q1 2022...

US Economy shrinks 1.5% for Q1
Link Posted: 5/26/2022 11:34:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Red kind of day, oof.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 8:17:53 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By InHocSigno:

I agree it should not be viewed as a speculative tech stock.  Still trying to understand what it should be viewed as?

A digital asset?

What?

View All Quotes

A digital asset?

What?

I view it as a future collateral.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 8:21:20 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Brahmzy] [#8]
Originally Posted By VooDoo3dfx:
Red kind of year, oof.
View Quote

FTSFY

The usual anti-crypto co-workers and friends are really having a heyday and letting me know about it, every chance they get.

It’s getting increasingly annoying. I usually just ask them how their stock portfolios look and it shuts them the hell up pretty quick.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 8:27:53 AM EDT
[#9]

US Economy shrinks 1.5% for Q1
View Quote

Wow. That site. I think it’s worse than CNN, MSNBC and WaPo combined. I didn’t think such a thing was possible.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 8:44:33 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By bigvic:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By bigvic:

A digital asset?

What?

It is a digital store of monetary energy and a anti-fiat insurance that everyone should carry.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 12:15:31 PM EDT
[#11]
So is anyone buying right now and if so what coin?
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 12:23:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Brahmzy] [#12]
Originally Posted By sig-x:
View Quote

Yes, limits hitting daily in the 28Ks. Another 28,xxx just hit. BTC, of course.

So, expect a nice drop from here. :)

Anything under $29K should be a buy. Yes, we’ll go lower again, guaranteed. Probably way lower. Don’t care. YMMV
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 12:36:55 PM EDT
[#13]
Oh whatever money I put into crypto I always consider a loss anyways. I put another grand in soon.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 12:49:11 PM EDT
[#14]
View Quote

Bought some in upper 28ks. Next limits are set in the upper 25ks.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 1:07:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: CBags04] [#15]
Historical bear market bottom is the 200-week SMA. That's currently 22065. During the Covid crash we got a wick down to the 300 SMA, that's 16335.

I don't think anything in the mid 20's will end up being a bad buy.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 3:04:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Fooboy] [#16]
Well bitcoin and the stock market seem to be discoupled - but not in the way I had anticipated

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 5/27/2022 3:39:43 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By Brahmzy:

Anything under $29K should be a buy. Yes, we’ll go lower again, guaranteed. Probably way lower. Don’t care. YMMV
View All Quotes

This. Very much this.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 4:52:40 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 5:39:43 PM EDT
[#19]
Didn't fact check, but yikes if true. Glad I don't worry about any of this shit since I hold my own.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 6:12:12 PM EDT
[#20]
Didn't fact check, but yikes if true. Glad I don't worry about any of this shit since I hold my own.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/268409/Screenshot_20220527-163712_Twitter_jpg-2399116.JPG
View Quote

I pulled all of my stuff out of those platforms months ago.  The juice just isn't worth the squeeze. Get a hardware wallet, put all of your coins in it, sleep well at night.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 6:19:37 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By Default-Gateway:

I pulled all of my stuff out of those platforms months ago.  The juice just isn't worth the squeeze. Get a hardware wallet, put all of your coins in it, sleep well at night.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Default-Gateway:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/268409/Screenshot_20220527-163712_Twitter_jpg-2399116.JPG

Took what I’ve been buying the last couple weeks and did exactly that after his post. Not worth fucking around at this point t because this isn’t over.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 6:26:32 PM EDT
[#22]
Oh yeah and while on the subject and just for giggles, the last time I had a "gut feeling" was Tesla at $180/share...
View Quote

so will ask straight up then

Do you really believe that "gut feelings" are a solid basis to go off of?

Let me explain.

I had a solid year where everytime I touched a slot machine it paid out.  Was pulling $20,000 jackpots.

Next year, not once.

Now going into that second year, I had that same gut feeling it would win, just like that first year.

Reaaaaalllllllllllllllllly ease to confuse dumb stupid luck with prescient "gut feelings"

BTW, I still came out a bit ahead on the machines, but still ended up losing about 80% of the after tax winnings of the first year before I finally quit and realized my "gut" didn't know crap from popcorn.  I was well into the mid six figure range post taxes the first year and it took me dang near that much before I admitted to myself the truth.  Random chance can work for you, but never believe your own bullshit.

Link Posted: 5/27/2022 6:27:10 PM EDT
[#23]
coinbase did this with their damned contest

i've never entered one of those motherfuckers where the price hasn't immediately gone down
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 6:37:19 PM EDT
[#24]
View Quote
Can someone explain this
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 6:48:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Jagrmaister] [#25]

Let me explain.

I had a solid year where everytime I touched a slot machine it paid out.  Was pulling $20,000 jackpots.

Next year, not once.

Now going into that second year, I had that same gut feeling it would win, just like that first year.

Reaaaaalllllllllllllllllly ease to confuse dumb stupid luck with prescient "gut feelings"

BTW, I still came out a bit ahead on the machines, but still ended up losing about 80% of the after tax winnings of the first year before I finally quit and realized my "gut" didn't know crap from popcorn.  I was well into the mid six figure range post taxes the first year and it took me dang near that much before I admitted to myself the truth.  Random chance can work for you, but never believe your own bullshit.

View All Quotes
Oh yeah and while on the subject and just for giggles, the last time I had a "gut feeling" was Tesla at $180/share...

Let me explain.

Next year, not once.

You were gambling. I'm investing after thousands of hours of research.  If you've done due diligence and the hail mary looks sound despite all the naysayers, then yes. Go with your gut.  It's the financial Super Bowl and my receiver is already on his way to the end zone. I've made the throw. All he has to do is catch it. Everyone's holding their breath...
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 7:02:43 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By Fooboy:
Can someone explain this
View Quote

For a long while now, crypto moved almost in lockstep with the stock market, specifically the Nasdaq.  Over the the last 4 or 5 trading days, the market has pumped and crypto hasn't, even falling pretty hard if look at most of the alt coins.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 7:06:30 PM EDT
[#27]
Question for Trezor owners. Can I have multiple “accounts” with different BTC and ETH addresses in the same wallet?

I’ve read you can. I’ve got some of my crypto in there (need to move it all) but the wife’s crypto is still all in Celsius and CB. I’d prefer to not have to buy another Trezor. I absolutely have to keep our crypto in separate wallet addresses though.

How are the multiple accounts/addresses created?
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 7:57:46 PM EDT
[#28]
Question for Trezor owners. Can I have multiple “accounts” with different BTC and ETH addresses in the same wallet?

I’ve read you can. I’ve got some of my crypto in there (need to move it all) but the wife’s crypto is still all in Celsius and CB. I’d prefer to not have to buy another Trezor. I absolutely have to keep our crypto in separate wallet addresses though.

How are the multiple accounts/addresses created?
View Quote

link
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 11:30:58 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By swampvol:

link
View Quote

Thanks sir!
Link Posted: 5/28/2022 4:00:54 PM EDT
[#30]

View Quote

Looked up performance of various cryptos, a lot of pain in the last week, when stocks rallied. This supports my thesis that we are moving to a liquidity crunch.  The crummiest stocks have gotten taken out and shot in the last year, with the giants (facebook, amazon, Netflix, etc) getting beaten up more recently, so too is it happening in crypto.

Storing a bunch of 1s and 0s on a thumb drive or whatever reveals another weakness for bitcoin/crypto.  Youre outside of the blockchain ecosystem, how easy is it to transact?  Don't talk theoreticals, get real.  By comparison, if I have a gold eagle I can get cash for it quickly or possibly exchange it directly for what I want if the seller accepts it.  I sometimes see ads on Craigslist where a seller is open to precious metals.  No exchange or proof of work needed - the work has been done when the gold was mined and the coin minted.

Rather than spend 1000s of hours studying the financial equivalent of unicorn farts it would be better to acquire additional skills or even a degree to increase the earnings potential over ones lifetime IMO.
Link Posted: 5/28/2022 4:10:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Jagrmaister] [#31]
Originally Posted By Cataly5t:

Looked up performance of various cryptos, a lot of pain in the last week, when stocks rallied. This supports my thesis that we are moving to a liquidity crunch.  The crummiest stocks have gotten taken out and shot in the last year, with the giants (facebook, amazon, Netflix, etc) getting beaten up more recently, so too is it happening in crypto.

Storing a bunch of 1s and 0s on a thumb drive or whatever reveals another weakness for bitcoin/crypto.  Youre outside of the blockchain ecosystem, how easy is it to transact?  Don't talk theoreticals, get real.  By comparison, if I have a gold eagle I can get cash for it quickly or possibly exchange it directly for what I want if the seller accepts it.  I sometimes see ads on Craigslist where a seller is open to precious metals.  No exchange or proof of work needed - the work has been done when the gold was mined and the coin minted.

Rather than spend 1000s of hours studying the financial equivalent of unicorn farts it would be better to acquire additional skills or even a degree to increase the earnings potential over ones lifetime IMO.
View Quote

I can still transact with about 110 million+ people ready to accept within the network. Just because I hold the keys to unlock my wallet, doesn't mean I'm outside the blockchain ecosystem... I'm very much a part of it. Ultimately, just waiting on a greater network effect to take hold.  If the government drops the ball and the dollar implodes tomorrow, who will you be transacting with?  Also, in regards to 1s and 0s, what do you think the dollar is?  Just weaker 1s and 0s with no sovereignty.......

I am working towards additional skills and adding a degree. So...there's that as well...

Investing in your own development will have the greatest returns. Even Bitcoin or unicorn farts can't beat those gains.
Link Posted: 5/28/2022 4:20:44 PM EDT
[#32]

I can still transact with about 110 million+ people ready to accept within the network. Just because I hold the keys to unlock my wallet, doesn't mean I'm outside the blockchain ecosystem... I'm very much a part of it. Ultimately, just waiting on a greater network effect to take hold.  If the government drops the ball and the dollar implodes tomorrow, who will you be transacting with?  Also, in regards to 1s and 0s, what do you think the dollar is?  Just weaker 1s and 0s with no sovereignty.......

I am working towards additional skills and adding a degree. So...there's that as well...

Investing in your own development will have the greatest returns. Even Bitcoin or unicorn facts can't beat those gains.
View Quote

Agree with Jagr.

Someone who has a hardware wallet is closer to the blockchain than someone using a CEX, not farther away from the block chain.
Link Posted: 5/28/2022 5:09:17 PM EDT
[#33]
View Quote

Tron, ADA, and some cheap coins also
Link Posted: 5/28/2022 6:00:08 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By Foxtrot2November:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Foxtrot2November:

Why Tron?
Link Posted: 5/28/2022 10:27:22 PM EDT
[#35]
Tezos keeps dropping in market cap ranking.

Of course the price isn't really going up, its just others are going down.

Link Posted: 5/29/2022 2:18:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Trunalimunumaprzure] [#36]
Originally Posted By VooDoo3dfx:
Tezos keeps dropping in market cap ranking.

Of course the price isn't really going up, its just others are going down.

View Quote

love you Tezos.  ALL the homo.
Link Posted: 5/30/2022 5:02:52 PM EDT
[#37]

View Quote

You could have nearly doubled your money today if you bought Hex on the dip. Hindsight is so 20/20.
Link Posted: 5/31/2022 9:56:19 AM EDT
[#38]
Is anyone else having issues with Coinbase? It is constantly logging me out. Was there a change that I missed? It wouldn't be so bad if it didn't change back to Light Mode every time.
Link Posted: 5/31/2022 10:15:59 AM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By SteveInNC:
Is anyone else having issues with Coinbase? It is constantly logging me out. Was there a change that I missed? It wouldn't be so bad if it didn't change back to Light Mode every time.
View Quote

Yup.  The same thing is happening to me.
Link Posted: 5/31/2022 10:34:42 AM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By corruptor:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By corruptor:
Originally Posted By SteveInNC:

Thanks. Good to know it's not just me. I'm not doing much on there atm so I'll just wait for them to fix it.
Link Posted: 5/31/2022 1:14:41 PM EDT
[#41]
Anybody know if CB Adv Trader is allowed to make the $100 purchase for the sweepstakes ending today?  Used to be you could ONLY use CB Reg (no Pro, no Adv Trader.)

Link Posted: 5/31/2022 1:47:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Jagrmaister] [#42]
Anybody know if CB Adv Trader is allowed to make the $100 purchase for the sweepstakes ending today?  Used to be you could ONLY use CB Reg (no Pro, no Adv Trader.)

View Quote

I've never gotten into any sweepstakes because I just use Pro.
Link Posted: 5/31/2022 1:50:51 PM EDT
[#43]

View Quote

Ok, found it in the fine print - looks like CB Adv Trader IS allowed.  It only mentions CB Pro cannot be used:

"TRADES MADE VIA COINBASE PRO (PRO.COINBASE.COM) ARE INELIGIBLE AND WILL NOT HELP YOU EARN A SWEEPSTAKES ENTRY."
Link Posted: 5/31/2022 8:48:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Brahmzy] [#44]
Also, for those who care, Koinly fixed their bug when importing CB Adv Trader stuff. It was a disaster that required all manual Koinly entries to be done. Now I’ve verified it’s all good to go.
Link Posted: 6/1/2022 12:13:38 PM EDT
[#45]
It was a scam pump all along.

Link Posted: 6/1/2022 12:14:52 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By SERVED_USMC:
It was a scam pump all along.

View Quote

Always is.
Link Posted: 6/1/2022 12:27:13 PM EDT
[#47]
BTC dominance is up over 49% now, and will most likely keep climbing, according to Ben Cowen. Be careful of Alts!
Link Posted: 6/1/2022 1:51:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Jagrmaister] [#48]
Originally Posted By YourFriendHenry:
BTC dominance is up over 49% now, and will most likely keep climbing, according to Ben Cowen. Be careful of Alts!
View Quote

I see 46.58% through TradingView. But yeah, ultimately everything else goes to zero against BTC given a long enough time frame.  
Link Posted: 6/1/2022 2:21:31 PM EDT
[#49]
Also, for those who care, Koinly fixed their bug when importing CB Adv Trader stuff. It was a disaster that required all manual Koinly entries to be done. Now I've verified it's all good to go.
View Quote
Excellent.  Thank you.
Link Posted: 6/1/2022 5:19:56 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 501
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top