Site Notices
Page / 502
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 11:00:01 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 11:06:29 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Jagrmaister:

Retail investors are selling (they think about finances short term), and the institutional investors are buying, buying, buying (they think and can manage finances long term).  What's that telling you about where the price is headed?    Not sure if true, but I have read Square's latest $170mln purchase was acquired at an average buy-in of $53k/BTC.  Some time in the not so distant future, $53k/BTC might look like a great deal.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By felrom:
Paypal and Square combined buy 100% of daily BTC production.
Grayscale buys another 100% of daily production.
On a single day in December, Grayscale bought 14 days of production.
Over the last week Microstrategy bought 21 days of production.

Anyone selling any time soon on the hopes of catching a leg down and making a quick buck is taking a giant risk.

Retail investors are selling (they think about finances short term), and the institutional investors are buying, buying, buying (they think and can manage finances long term).  What's that telling you about where the price is headed?    Not sure if true, but I have read Square's latest $170mln purchase was acquired at an average buy-in of $53k/BTC.  Some time in the not so distant future, $53k/BTC might look like a great deal.

I am in the camp that thinks BTC will approach 100k this cycle. It may sound far fetched but if you look at a lifetime graph of BTC it becomes really easy to see.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 11:13:05 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Jagrmaister] [#3]
Originally Posted By Htown156:

I am in the camp that thinks BTC will approach 100k this cycle. It may sound far fetched but if you look at a lifetime graph of BTC it becomes really easy to see.
View All Quotes

Anyone selling any time soon on the hopes of catching a leg down and making a quick buck is taking a giant risk.

I'm more of the camp that this is like Tesla stock.  We are at the initial $400 from $200 run-up.  Tesla more than 10x'd from there.  Call it a "hunch" and certainly not financial advice.  It's going to get smacked around at $100k because of "round numbers" but BTC should also get well past $100k this cycle before the major correction that comes somewhere post-$200k.  Doesn't matter, ultimately, whatever the pullback returns to (I think 50% correction from whatever the high is will be more likely).  I believe BTC has LONG legs over the next 10 years given current world events and fiat monetary policies.

The inevitability of millions of dollar/Bitcoin seems great in one regard, but also sucks because likely, so much money has been printed into our global economy that the purchasing power of millions of dollars (while better than holding fiat itself) will have diminished.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 12:28:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 1:05:28 PM EDT
[#5]

The more the people in power say BTC is bad, the more convinced I am that its a threat to their control and I buy more.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 2:27:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RX-78-2] [#6]
ADA moving up.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 2:31:41 PM EDT
[#7]

I mean, they aren't wrong. Bitcoin is old tech at this point. There have been many better versions of bitcoin created
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 6:59:48 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Fiatlux:

I mean, they aren't wrong. Bitcoin is old tech at this point. There have been many better versions of bitcoin created
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Fiatlux:

BTC = digital gold. Simple, original, easily recognized, store of value.

ETH (or ADA) will handle the workload
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 8:32:44 PM EDT
[#9]
Down she goes
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 8:35:13 PM EDT
[#10]
I want my <$20 LINK!
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 8:53:44 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By HecklerKac:
Down she goes
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/25/2021 9:04:23 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Proto3:
I want my <$20 LINK!
View Quote

Seriously.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 9:09:55 PM EDT
[#13]
I see a big supply crunch coming. Probably already there based on some first hand anecdotal evidence.

This is nothing more than a healthy correction on our wake to six figures IMHO.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 9:17:53 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Kampster:
I see a big supply crunch coming. Probably already there based on some first hand anecdotal evidence.

View Quote

Yep.  And all the users that joined during the first GME craziness are being verified and allowed to buy crypto.

A friend of mine has been waiting over 30 days to get his I.D. verification pushed through on Binance.  Slow fucks that they are.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 9:23:54 PM EDT
[#15]
Just threw some more money at Bitcoin. Even if it drops more, I think we'll see it jump back up soon.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 9:32:06 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By Kampster:

View Quote

I somewhat agree.
IMO there is an excellent potential for BTC to March along with the usual ups and downs without much fanfare and then suddenly. As if nearly overnight. Supply is gone. A virtual waste land with prices well in excess of $500k-$700k.

Then once that happens.. SHTF, unless BTC becomes adopted as the large volume hold method. There is going to be an ugly correction to a somewhat stable price.

Once supply reaches saturation what else would it be used for ? It was never intended as an investment vehicle.

I’m Riding the volatility but keeping a dam close eye on circulation volume.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 9:40:41 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By PeteCO:

Yep.  And all the users that joined during the first GME craziness are being verified and allowed to buy crypto.

A friend of mine has been waiting over 30 days to get his I.D. verification pushed through on Binance.  Slow fucks that they are.
View Quote

Took me 5 mins this past weekend.  From open to buying.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 10:02:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Brahmzy] [#18]
How low will the sawtooth go...

Been buying most of the afternoon on the way down.. waited for the bigger drops and then got in.

I’m about spent on ETH & BTC..

Also HODLing LINK, LTC, GRT and XLM. I’m very glad we had this correction - major buying opportunities.

It is very interesting seeing the predictable sawtooth action, in action. Sure does seem like it’s being manipulated down in a controlled fashion.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 10:09:47 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By muddywings:

View Quote

Gold is actually useful for real life things, bitcoin is worthless outside of buying shifty stuff online.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 10:14:12 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By Kingsmen:

Gold is actually useful for real life things, bitcoin is worthless outside of buying shifty stuff online.
View Quote

Considering BTC transaction fees right now, its not even good at buying shifty shit.  
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 10:15:32 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By Fooboy:
So is this the thinking.
- we get a melt up and then a correction. The next market cycle high won't be until (how long do these take?)
- people either hold long term until the next market cycle high or try to take profits and buy at the new floor. However - the new floor may be 45k.

am in right here?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Fooboy:
Originally Posted By woodsie:

I don't think it'll last that long.  Even with the corrections factored in, we are on a parabolic course.  If that continues, we'll be knee deep in a full retard market within 60-90 days.  If we stayed on this path until September, we'd be talking about million dollar bitcoins and I just don't see that happening in this cycle.  There has been a point in every prior Bitcoin bubble where the rate of growth became too high to sustain and it resulted in a blow off top that ended the cycle.  2013 and 2017 are VERY similar in that respect in terms of how much growth in how short of a time so if you need a good benchmark, look at the last two weeks of both of those cycles.

My apologies for the MSPaint:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/178958/Capture_JPG-1840014.JPG

To be clear, nothing we've seen to this point is similar to the final two weeks of the 2013 and 2017 cycles.  Both of those cycles saw the price of BTC double in about 2 weeks before imploding.  We haven't seen anything like that yet.  I think the fastest move we've seen was going from $20k to $40k but that took about 4 weeks.
So is this the thinking.
- we get a melt up and then a correction. The next market cycle high won't be until (how long do these take?)
- people either hold long term until the next market cycle high or try to take profits and buy at the new floor. However - the new floor may be 45k.

am in right here?

I don't disagree with any of that.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 10:18:14 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By Trunalimunumaprzure:

Considering BTC transaction fees right now, its not even good at buying shifty shit.  
View Quote

It's basically turned into a weird digital collectible.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 10:26:06 PM EDT
[#23]

It's basically turned into a weird digital collectible.
View Quote

What are you trying to say? My block chain beanie babies are not going to be worth millions in the future?
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 12:50:53 AM EDT
[#24]
This shit can start going up any day now
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 12:51:09 AM EDT
[#25]

View Quote

Lol
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 12:54:09 AM EDT
[#26]
I paid about $75k for a Glock 17.3
NIB with night sites though so...
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 2:36:43 AM EDT
[#27]

View All Quotes

I've heard this, how is that verified ? I keep hearing paypal buys a lot, and obviously grayscale does otherwise I don't know who is buying it.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 7:39:25 AM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By Bigtwinlvr:
This shit can start going up any day now
View Quote

I hope it lags through the weekend so I see some even better buys on the Sunday drop.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 7:52:22 AM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By wyomingnick:

I've heard this, how is that verified ? I keep hearing paypal buys a lot, and obviously grayscale does otherwise I don't know who is buying it.
View All Quotes

Any publicly held company has to release that info quarterly I believe.  That is why you find out about it a couple months later.  
I think that is a round about explanation, someone more corporately could chime in as well.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 7:59:29 AM EDT
[#30]
I purchased 3 more Eth over the past couple of days.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 8:24:03 AM EDT
[#31]
Everything has been down... but ADA is staying up. I should have bought lots more when it hit $0.90 earlier this week.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 8:27:42 AM EDT
[#32]

View Quote

https://bitcointreasuries.org/

Due to SEC filing rules, data can be up to 135 days out of date.  Also, a lot of that data is from public filings, but I don't know which buyers are forced to file.  Motley Fool bought 100 BTC a week or two ago.  They're not on the list, but I don't know if it's because they haven't filed yet, or because they're not required to file.  I also don't know if insurance companies are forced to disclose investments, since they're not investment firms managing client money.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 8:49:52 AM EDT
[#33]
Damnit I couldn't resist. Picked up some more ETH even though I exceeded what I wanted to spend this month.

I think I may have a gambling problem.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 9:23:30 AM EDT
[#34]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By muddywings:

Strange. My brother payed off his $100k in student loans (in 2 years) and just bought a new car with cash that he converted from crypto. Was it all fake?
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 9:23:51 AM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By P400:

Seriously.
View All Quotes
I want my <$20 LINK!

Seriously.

Damn it link, go lower like the rest of them!
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 9:25:52 AM EDT
[#36]

View All Quotes
I want my <$20 LINK!

Seriously.

No. We go up now.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 9:29:01 AM EDT
[#37]

No. We go up now.
View All Quotes
I want my <$20 LINK!

Seriously.

No. We go up now.

BTC will go to around ~43000 before this is done
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 9:30:30 AM EDT
[#38]
I was really hoping lite would follow the bit and eth trend.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 9:36:57 AM EDT
[#39]
So which one should I buy?
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 9:37:56 AM EDT
[#40]

View Quote

You're are the second person I've seen say that. Are you going by the 2017chart?
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 9:40:04 AM EDT
[#41]

View All Quotes
I want my <$20 LINK!

Seriously.

No. We go up now.

I hope it bottoms here just to screw all the people fudding and shorting BTC.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 9:41:53 AM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By swampvol:

You're are the second person I've seen say that. Are you going by the 2017chart?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By swampvol:

He's not wrong IF BTC obeys the current channel it is in. It should bounce up at 42.2k by my calculations.

But...BTC has a way of doing the opposite of what the majority think. So we will have to wait and see.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 9:42:45 AM EDT
[#43]

I hope it bottoms here just to screw all the people fudding and shorting BTC.
View Quote

IDK, I'd like to get some more ETH ~1330.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 9:53:07 AM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By Hunter8793:
View Quote
If you're a degenerate gambler who is always looking to increase the variability of your bets because you think "this could be my lucky day" then choose whatever hyped up shitcoin reddit is going on about.

If you're older, wiser, and not trapped in the Timmy mindset, just buy Bitcoin and never sell it.

Getting rich slowly through disciplined periodic investment will always pay out better than buying lottery tickets.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 9:53:48 AM EDT
[#45]
https://www.theverge.com/2021/2/25/22300835/coinbase-s1-bitcoin-going-public-profit-revenue-invest-crypto

Coinbase reveals $1.2 billion revenue in plans to go public

The filing lays out the company’s finances in unprecedented detail, including a surprisingly profitable 2020 driven by a huge spike in the price of bitcoin. Coinbase brought in $1.2 billion in revenue over the course of the year for a profit of $322 million, the first time the company has turned an annual profit.

Coinbase boasted 43 million verified users as of the end of 2020, with 2.8 million users making transactions each month and a total of $90 billion of assets held in trust. All told, the company has handled transactions worth $456 billion over its life span as a company.

Still, the skyrocketing price of bitcoin also has its drawbacks. The filing acknowledges that the volatility of cryptocurrency prices will be a significant risk for Coinbase going forward.

“All of our sources of revenue are dependent on crypto assets and the broader cryptoeconomy,” the filing reads. “There is no assurance that any supported crypto asset will maintain its value or that there will be meaningful levels of trading activities. In the event that the price of crypto assets or the demand for trading crypto assets decline, our business, operating results, and financial condition would be adversely affected.”

Rest of the article at link
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 10:04:32 AM EDT
[#46]
If you're a degenerate gambler who is always looking to increase the variability of your bets because you think "this could be my lucky day" then choose whatever hyped up shitcoin reddit is going on about.

If you're older, wiser, and not trapped in the Timmy mindset, just buy Bitcoin and never sell it.

Getting rich slowly through disciplined periodic investment will always pay out better than buying lottery tickets.
View All Quotes

Putting all your eggs in one basket is never the best idea. At the very least I'd diversify with some Ethereum.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 10:22:14 AM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By 15jonshoot:
https://www.theverge.com/2021/2/25/22300835/coinbase-s1-bitcoin-going-public-profit-revenue-invest-crypto

Coinbase reveals $1.2 billion revenue in plans to go public

The filing lays out the company’s finances in unprecedented detail, including a surprisingly profitable 2020 driven by a huge spike in the price of bitcoin. Coinbase brought in $1.2 billion in revenue over the course of the year for a profit of $322 million, the first time the company has turned an annual profit.

Coinbase boasted 43 million verified users as of the end of 2020, with 2.8 million users making transactions each month and a total of $90 billion of assets held in trust. All told, the company has handled transactions worth $456 billion over its life span as a company.

Still, the skyrocketing price of bitcoin also has its drawbacks. The filing acknowledges that the volatility of cryptocurrency prices will be a significant risk for Coinbase going forward.

“All of our sources of revenue are dependent on crypto assets and the broader cryptoeconomy,” the filing reads. “There is no assurance that any supported crypto asset will maintain its value or that there will be meaningful levels of trading activities. In the event that the price of crypto assets or the demand for trading crypto assets decline, our business, operating results, and financial condition would be adversely affected.”

Rest of the article at link
View Quote
So I should prepare to buy Coinbase stock?
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 10:24:00 AM EDT
[#48]

Putting all your eggs in one basket is never the best idea. At the very least I'd diversify with some Ethereum.
View All Quotes

Not bad advice if someone has most of their wealth in cryptocurrency. I'm diversified in real estate, stocks, and a small business.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 10:25:06 AM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By SeanTX:
I paid about $75k for a Glock 17.3
NIB with night sites though so...
View Quote
Bummer. That's a bummer. (The Big Lebowski)
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 10:36:20 AM EDT
[#50]
Not bad advice if someone has most of their wealth in cryptocurrency. I'm diversified in real estate, stocks, and a small business.
View All Quotes

I was referring to diversifying your crypto holdings.
Page / 502
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top