Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 11/16/2020 4:06:56 AM EDT
[#1]
Listened to the latest two episodes

My only criticism
-if possible, a second person who could be a foil. If not only for a change of pace/voice, someone who is
on the same page, but perhaps only knows some of the concepts introduced and needs them explained in real time, if
that makes sense. Basically, a stand in for the typical person who stumbles on the podcast. Not exactly a role that can be picked up on the street,
I understand

Otherwise, it's good stuff, and a welcome relief from paralyzed doomerism

Link Posted: 11/16/2020 6:39:14 AM EDT
[#2]
The podcaster needs to stop saying "like" and "you know" so often.  I did enjoy the interview
Link Posted: 11/16/2020 10:47:53 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the heads up.  Subscribed.
Link Posted: 11/16/2020 10:49:41 AM EDT
[#4]
I’ll check it out
Link Posted: 11/17/2020 2:47:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

My only criticism
-if possible, a second person who could be a foil. If not only for a change of pace/voice, someone who is
on the same page, but perhaps only knows some of the concepts introduced and needs them explained in real time, if
that makes sense. Basically, a stand in for the typical person who stumbles on the podcast. Not exactly a role that can be picked up on the street,
I understand

View Quote
That's actually an interesting idea. It would take a little scripting out to hit the points I need, but could add a little variety. My interviews with @tads I think went really well. I'm likely going to have a mix going forward.
Link Posted: 11/17/2020 2:47:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
The podcaster needs to stop saying "like" and "you know" so often.  I did enjoy the interview
View Quote
Good point, I'm working on dropping that tic lol.

https://anchor.fm/erin-sith/episodes/Episode-9-Courage-is-not-enough-lessons-from-the-Montgomery-Bus-Boycott-emdv16
Link Posted: 11/17/2020 2:53:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Subscribed.
Link Posted: 11/18/2020 7:08:29 PM EDT
[#8]
I think for podcast episode 10 I'm going to do a review of the previous episodes, condensing lessons learned and important principles in a single podcast. It still helps if people listen to all of them, but this way I tie everything together and reinforce the lessons. I also think I'm going to give a preview of the next "season's" episodes, I've got a few sketched out already.

I also think I'm going to answer submitted questions from the audience, so if anyone has some questions about a particular episode tag me with it and I'll get to it.
Link Posted: 11/18/2020 10:32:48 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

My only criticism
I understand

View Quote

kind of like Bill Whittle does?
Link Posted: 11/18/2020 10:52:55 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Unfortunately with the Boliva election and the commies taking over, we had to indefinitely postpone that one. I'm hoping we can do that one at some point soon if/when things stabilize.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
listening right now!

ETA: Waiting on the third episode of the 3 part series.

Unfortunately with the Boliva election and the commies taking over, we had to indefinitely postpone that one. I'm hoping we can do that one at some point soon if/when things stabilize.

Can @tads move out? Don’t know his situation at all, but a good guy like that would come in handy here in the US.
Link Posted: 11/18/2020 11:40:26 PM EDT
[#11]
Erin,

I noticed you haven't stuck to your intended format, at least to the days of issue. Any plans to get on track with that? If not I'd cut out that part of your intro.
Link Posted: 11/19/2020 12:13:19 AM EDT
[#12]
I was unaware of this, somehow.

Time to catch up.
Link Posted: 11/19/2020 12:24:18 AM EDT
[#13]
Episodes 1 and 2 are basically the same. Then we went to Bolivia.

Just not hooked.
Link Posted: 11/19/2020 12:27:17 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I'm currently doing audio only, but do plan to expand to a video format.
View Quote

Thank you.

I wanted to clarify. I don't find you or the content a precursor to sleep. It's just the way I learn and stay engaged.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 11/19/2020 6:50:30 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Can @tads move out? Don’t know his situation at all, but a good guy like that would come in handy here in the US.
View Quote

Thanks for the concern but no, I would not want to be in this reset disaster in a civilized country. laws are to rigid, and police powers are getting spooky. The third world is the place you want to be during the great reset. Things are always negotiable. We’ll see how this shitshow evolves.

Oh by the way if i sounded dusky in the interview it was because it was election day and I had a half bottle if jack.
Link Posted: 11/25/2020 10:11:13 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Erin,

I noticed you haven't stuck to your intended format, at least to the days of issue. Any plans to get on track with that? If not I'd cut out that part of your intro.
View Quote

@brich2929

I have dropped that for now as I adjust the workflow/research/scripting part. I think wrapping up the first 10 episodes gave me insights into what to expect and a better idea where I want to take this.

I have a review episode for 10 that explains it a bit better and reviews lessons learned, I'm also going to start really emphasizing concrete action items that people can do in their local community.

https://anchor.fm/erin-sith/episodes/Episode-10-Season-1-critical-lessons-learned--and-what-lies-ahead-emtgea

latest substack roundup:

https://contextualinsurgent.substack.com/p/weekly-insurgency-11232020

Link Posted: 11/25/2020 10:14:50 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Episodes 1 and 2 are basically the same. Then we went to Bolivia.

Just not hooked.
View Quote

@JohnSmith6073

What are you looking for, and would you like to see more of?
Link Posted: 11/26/2020 3:36:31 AM EDT
[#18]
@eesmith

In episode 6 you went over how Jacobin Magazine took over the DSA. Do you think that the Constitution Party, which has largely been irrelevant for the past decade, is a possibility for the Populist Right to take over and pressure the GOP?
Link Posted: 11/27/2020 2:31:50 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
@eesmith

In episode 6 you went over how Jacobin Magazine took over the DSA. Do you think that the Constitution Party, which has largely been irrelevant for the past decade, is a possibility for the Populist Right to take over and pressure the GOP?
View Quote
@Dbnd

I think it's a bit too large for an initial entryist target, as well as too oriented towards being a political party in its own right. DSA only had around 8k members when they got taken over, now they're at 85k and have five members as reps in the US House, and hundreds of state and local elected officials. CP has 120k members and only a handful of local officials. Part of the difference is the DSA is a non profit and technically a political caucus, so they get to back their people while simultaneously piggybacking on the Dem electoral infrastructure -which is huge.

I'll have to think about it some more, but something right-leaning and closer to original DSA size would be a more practical start.

Link Posted: 11/27/2020 5:09:52 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
@Dbnd

I think it's a bit too large for an initial entryist target, as well as too oriented towards being a political party in its own right. DSA only had around 8k members when they got taken over, now they're at 85k and have five members as reps in the US House, and hundreds of state and local elected officials. CP has 120k members and only a handful of local officials. Part of the difference is the DSA is a non profit and technically a political caucus, so they get to back their people while simultaneously piggybacking on the Dem electoral infrastructure -which is huge.

I'll have to think about it some more, but something right-leaning and closer to original DSA size would be a more practical start.

View Quote

Valid point. The closest I can think of that meets the membership criteria would be the Reform Party which has a less than 7k members as of present. Others either don’t list the numbers or are an optics disaster. Have to do more research.
Link Posted: 12/7/2020 9:43:49 PM EDT
[#21]
Started Season 2, episode 1 out yesterday!

I'm focusing on adding more concrete advice and action items:

https://anchor.fm/erin-sith/episodes/S2-E1--Building-your-Tribe-Affinity-Group-How-To-for-Righties-encjuk

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/12/2020 5:11:38 PM EDT
[#22]
Shameless bump.  You're welcome.

:mpol:
Link Posted: 12/14/2020 2:01:01 PM EDT
[#23]
Another shameless bump. The guys white knighting for antifa in the Proud Boys thread need to listen to this series.
Link Posted: 12/14/2020 2:13:28 PM EDT
[#24]
Subbed
Link Posted: 12/14/2020 6:21:32 PM EDT
[#25]
We need moar episodes each week!
Link Posted: 12/19/2020 10:40:24 AM EDT
[#26]
I'm really enjoying S2E1.  I'm going to peek through the season 1.

Don't know if this is a good thing or bad, but this is the first spoken word performance I've listened to without speeding it up
Link Posted: 12/19/2020 7:15:02 PM EDT
[#27]
Listen to episode 3 for just a minute starting at 11:30... you wouldn't believe this was published before our election.
Link Posted: 12/19/2020 11:21:09 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 3:38:42 PM EDT
[#29]
still waiting on MOAR episodes!!
Link Posted: 1/2/2021 7:59:00 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I'm really enjoying S2E1.  I'm going to peek through the season 1.

Don't know if this is a good thing or bad, but this is the first spoken word performance I've listened to without speeding it up
View Quote

Thanks!
Link Posted: 1/2/2021 8:04:02 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
still waiting on MOAR episodes!!
View Quote
Sorry for the delay, One actually came out a day after you posted. I'm switching things up a bit (again) I'm going to have two series running now: continuing the 10 episode seasons, but also introducing a differently numbered more casual track riffing on current events. This will allow the 10-pack to be more analytical. I'm still experimenting and learning.

https://anchor.fm/erin-sith/episodes/Daily-Insurgency-1-Whither-America-eo647j

Another couple substack pieces coming out this weekend, as well as one more podcast Monday. Holidays/life stuff this month has been more demanding than I expected.
Link Posted: 1/4/2021 2:33:41 PM EDT
[#32]
Erin your intro and outro music is the most NPR sounding jingle I have ever heard outside of NPR.

Link Posted: 1/5/2021 12:49:36 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 1/5/2021 12:52:20 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Erin your intro and outro music is the most NPR sounding jingle I have ever heard outside of NPR.

View Quote

LMAO it's a clip within the editing app, I wanted to add something for now until my musician friend puts something together for me. Hmm, Maybe I should work on my NPR voice.
Link Posted: 1/5/2021 7:21:22 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

LMAO it's a clip within the editing app, I wanted to add something for now until my musician friend puts something together for me. Hmm, Maybe I should work on my NPR voice.
View Quote

[verysoftly] hello, my name is Erin Smith and this is The Contextual Insurgent Podcast[/verysoftly]

Link Posted: 1/5/2021 7:25:33 PM EDT
[#36]
I consider this Podcast essential oppo research. If you haven't heard it yet, I encourage you to do so!
Link Posted: 1/5/2021 8:26:28 PM EDT
[#37]
Bump for those heading out tomorrow
Link Posted: 1/5/2021 8:40:05 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Also , if podcasts are not your thing Erin also has a newsletter at https://contextualinsurgent.substack.com/p/weekly-insurgent-11022020.
View Quote

I subscribed to the newsletter, but is it simply comments related to the audio blogs?

Thus, in order the gain the full picture, the audio portion is paramount?

Audio blogs put me to sleep - no matter how informative, intriguing or terrifying - so if that's the case, that's a bit of a bummer.

Kudos for the work you apparently do, though, @eesmith.
Link Posted: 1/5/2021 9:16:28 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

I subscribed to the newsletter, but is it simply comments related to the audio blogs?

Thus, in order the gain the full picture, the audio portion is paramount?

Audio blogs put me to sleep - no matter how informative, intriguing or terrifying - so if that's the case, that's a bit of a bummer.

Kudos for the work you apparently do, though, @eesmith.
View Quote
I think it helps to follow both and I often make cross references to reinforce a point, but you'll still get plenty out of just the newsletter because it covers current events, while the season-format podcast is more about broad lessons drawn from history and analysis of opposition forces.

I totally get your podcast critique; in fact I personally don't like them because I have an auditory processing issue and I read literally 10x faster, but one of my goals was to format a podcast for people like you (and me). 45 minutes or so is something people can listen to on a commute or while cooking dinner, and my more causual regular episodes I'm rolling out with stay closer to 30.

Link Posted: 1/12/2021 2:01:44 PM EDT
[#40]
Daily podcast series episode  #2 drops, I have guest Techbro Tito on for a winding conversation about current events. The daily series is a more loosely structured format, the original series still continues as a more tightly focused podcast dealing with practical knowledge. Tad is coming back on this evening for season 2 episode 2, which drops tomorrow.

https://anchor.fm/erin-sith/episodes/Daily-Insurgency-2-State-of-Play-with-Techbro-Tito-eorqj3
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 8:16:52 AM EDT
[#41]
I listened to most of it on my way to work this morning. Informative as always and Tito’s fake Russian accent made me chuckle.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 2:43:56 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I listened to most of it on my way to work this morning. Informative as always and Tito's fake Russian accent made me chuckle.
View Quote

It's fun and helps maintain pseudonymity, which is something becoming even more important these days.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 2:46:11 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
She’s one of the good guys right?
View Quote

Beat an Antifa and called him a bitch too Im pretty sure.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 3:20:03 PM EDT
[#44]
Never listened to a podcast. Im on windows 10 what do i need?
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 3:34:24 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Never listened to a podcast. Im on windows 10 what do i need?
View Quote

If you have the Spotify app E is on there.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 3:42:51 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

If you have the Spotify app E is on there.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/13/2021 8:53:57 PM EDT
[#47]
The latest is your best episode yet.

It's a little quiet though.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 8:09:32 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
The latest is your best episode yet.

It's a little quiet though.
View Quote
@Hesperus

Thanks!

we were speaking into a single microphone, so the levels were likely a little low.

newest one:

https://anchor.fm/erin-sith/episodes/Daily-Insurgency-3-The-War-on-Terror-comes-home-eovi51
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 10:33:15 PM EDT
[#49]
eesmith, if you have any insight or suggestions on how to "combat" "thwart" any part of these "protests" I'm sure several here would like to hear your suggestions.

either from a police perspective on what they could do to what any 'other people' could do.

Link Posted: 1/23/2021 1:55:38 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
eesmith, if you have any insight or suggestions on how to "combat" "thwart" any part of these "protests" I'm sure several here would like to hear your suggestions.

either from a police perspective on what they could do to what any 'other people' could do.

View Quote
I'm doing a relevant podcast interview on that in an hour, will probably release it Monday.

Season 1 episode 4 with tads has some tips, and I wrote something LE-centric for CSP on that topic also.

https://www.centerforsecuritypolicy.org/2020/08/25/contextual-insurgency-lessons-from-a-week-observing-portland-black-bloc/
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top