Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 14
Link Posted: 11/8/2020 8:11:27 PM EDT
[#1]
As awful is Facebook is, it does have the best user interface.  The others rather suck.  Seriously, how hard is it for a non-liberal tech company to come up with a better interface?
Link Posted: 11/8/2020 8:26:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

not showing up.
View Quote
I'm there. And shit posting at every opportunity.
Link Posted: 11/8/2020 8:32:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I'm not joining anything that REQUIRES my phone number.
View Quote

^^
Link Posted: 11/8/2020 8:41:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 11/8/2020 8:42:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
As awful is Facebook is, it does have the best user interface.  The others rather suck.  Seriously, how hard is it for a non-liberal tech company to come up with a better interface?
View Quote

Yeah no kidding.

I've given up on the dream of a having a Conservative version of Google that encompasses email, video hosting and social media.
Link Posted: 11/8/2020 8:48:44 PM EDT
[#6]
My wife says all her FB friends are going to Parler, I doubt it will last.  The site is clunky and when searching for y'all it keeps failing.

@ColaBroSC
Link Posted: 11/8/2020 8:49:24 PM EDT
[#7]
What kind of coal for my parlor stove.     PM @aimless
Link Posted: 11/8/2020 8:51:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

I didn’t know that. Cool
Link Posted: 11/8/2020 8:53:39 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Why is nobody talking about weme? It allows private groups.
View Quote

Wickr and a VPN burner phone
Link Posted: 11/8/2020 8:55:18 PM EDT
[#10]
@Y3MX

Link Posted: 11/8/2020 8:55:55 PM EDT
[#11]
Follow James Woods there.  He can be brutal and not catch a ban.  

Freedom of speech or get out.
Link Posted: 11/8/2020 8:56:29 PM EDT
[#12]
www.gab.com

Parler tracks you
Link Posted: 11/8/2020 8:57:14 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

It is a free user Twitter, not a FB replacement.
Link Posted: 11/8/2020 9:09:43 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
www.gab.com

Parler tracks you
View Quote

thanks for your concern
Link Posted: 11/8/2020 9:32:05 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

thanks for your concern
View Quote

Not if you never put it on your phone.  
Link Posted: 11/8/2020 9:41:17 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Not if you never put it on your phone.  
View Quote

Not my point.

Anyhow, either they didn't anticipate the influx of users or something else is going on.
Link Posted: 11/8/2020 11:29:06 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Follow James Woods there.  
View Quote
Which one is his real account.  The one that looked most real was tagged as a parody account.
Link Posted: 11/8/2020 11:33:24 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Which one is his real account.  The one that looked most real was tagged as a parody account.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Follow James Woods there.  

I don’t think he’s officially signed up on Parler. There are 9 different accounts the parody and a fan page account. If he did sign up he would have a red and yellow p by is account.
Link Posted: 11/8/2020 11:34:27 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I don’t think he’s officially signed up on Parler. There are 9 different accounts the parody and a fan page account. If he did sign up he would have a red and yellow p by is account.
View Quote

He has a red one.
Link Posted: 11/8/2020 11:34:41 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Anyhow, either they didn't anticipate the influx of users or something else is going on.
View Quote

They are fairly new and have been buggy from the start.  For those of us that remember the original .com days, buggy and crashes is how things go as they experience rapid growth.  Nov 13th is the mass exit from Facebook, at least that is what keeps getting posted in my feed by people.  A lot of people I know are looking for ways to dump Facebook.  I don't think they will be happy with Parler but people I never expected to mention it are signing up.  The goal is to get enough content out there to keep people engaged.
Link Posted: 11/8/2020 11:35:45 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

I think it had the best user interface maybe 6 years ago. Now it's the best for suppressing free speech and promoting communism.
Link Posted: 11/8/2020 11:36:25 PM EDT
[#22]
I tried it and it never worked right. Feed never populated. Talked to their tech support and after screen shots and a few emails they said " sorry, sometimes it just doesnt work for some people"

You fucking serious? Some times just doesnt work and you dont know why?
Link Posted: 11/8/2020 11:53:22 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I tried it and it never worked right. Feed never populated. Talked to their tech support and after screen shots and a few emails they said " sorry, sometimes it just doesnt work for some people"

You fucking serious? Some times just doesnt work and you dont know why?
View Quote

Yes, that is how new technology goes.  People comparing it to Facebook and saying the interface sucks don't remember that Facebook is 16 years old now and has spent that entire time trying to improve their site.  Parler is 2 years old but really didn't get a huge amount of traffic until earlier this year.  
Link Posted: 11/8/2020 11:58:50 PM EDT
[#24]

Same username as here.
Link Posted: 11/8/2020 11:59:56 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

(F)Wikipedia
"User base and content
Parler has a significant user base of Trump supporters and conservatives. It is noted for its far-right and alt-right,[5] conspiratorial,[7][5][35] antisemitic,[6][7] and anti-feminist content.[15] The site also includes anti-Muslim content,[15] although it also has a substantial user base of Saudi nationalists who support Crown Prince and de facto prime minister of Saudi Arabia, Mohammed bin Salman. Both The Independent and The Forward have noted the presence of antisemitic content and conspiracy theories on the site.[7][6] Matze told The Forward he was unaware of antisemitic content on Parler, but was unsurprised that it was there. He believes removing hateful content only further radicalizes people, saying, "If you're going to fight these peoples' views, they need to be out in the open.... Don't force these people into the corners of the internet where they're not going to be able to be proven wrong." Political scientist Alison Dagnes has said of Parler's stance on speech on the platform: "I don't think you can have it both ways.... There is no such thing as civilized hate speech."[7] Extremism expert Chip Berlet said of Matze's opinions on hateful content: "I think he's full of it.... I think he knows exactly what he's creating, he's encouraging people who basically don't like other folks in the country... it's bologna, this is a place for people to fester in their own bigotry."[7]

Parler has served as an echo chamber for far-right or pro-Trump content, according to The Independent, the New Statesman, and Fast Company.[5][37][38] In mid-2020, alt-right activist and Trump supporter Jack Posobiec compared the service to a Trump rally, saying that Parler lacks the "energy" that Twitter draws from having communities of people with differing viewpoints.[16][39] Around the same time, extremism researcher and professor Amarnath Amarasingam said of Parler, "talking to yourself in the dark corners of the internet is actually not that satisfying," and that he was skeptical Parler would excite the far right without left-leaning users with whom they can interact and fight.[12] In June 2020, Matze said he wanted to see more debate on the platform and offered a "progressive bounty" of $10,000 to liberal pundits with at least 50,000 Twitter or Facebook followers who would join the site; receiving no takers, he later increased this amount to $20,000.[2][16]"

Parler refers to users of its service as Parleyers.[3] Parler is one of a number of alternative social network platforms, including Minds, MeWe, Gab, and BitChute, that are popular with people banned from mainstream networks such as Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, Reddit, and Instagram.[40][41] Deen Freelon and colleagues writing in Science characterized Parler as among alt-tech sites that are "dedicated to right-wing communities", and listed the site along with 4chan, 8chan, BitChute, and Gab. They noted there are also more ideologically neutral alt-tech platforms, such as Discord and Telegram.[42]
View Quote
and Twatter plus Fuckbook aren't same thing for the libtards and Commies?????
Link Posted: 11/9/2020 12:01:59 AM EDT
[#26]
Can't even log in
Link Posted: 11/9/2020 12:03:24 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 11/9/2020 12:18:29 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 11/9/2020 12:28:13 AM EDT
[#29]
Don't have to join Twitter to read most posts but to read any post on Parler you have to join, no thanks.
Link Posted: 11/9/2020 12:29:43 AM EDT
[#30]
Attachment Attached File

F150LOWLIFE
Link Posted: 11/9/2020 4:41:12 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote

Facebook shows you shit when and if they want to.  I see shit that was posted 2-6 days ago so it's old news.  

The advantage of twitter and parler is that you'll (hopefully) see everything that is posted.
Link Posted: 11/9/2020 4:55:47 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Yeah it’s glitchy tonight
View Quote

They are getting massive amounts of traffic
Link Posted: 11/9/2020 5:06:21 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah it’s glitchy tonight

Some of it is commies from Twitter signing up to "troll". So far it's all pretty low effort and low energy "trolling".
Link Posted: 11/9/2020 5:54:23 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Logging into Parler is a pain in the ass. Email/password>Captcha>code sent to phone. Screw that.
View Quote

After the first login for me, it is open every time I run it.
Link Posted: 11/9/2020 6:06:06 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 11/9/2020 6:24:45 AM EDT
[#36]
I've been giving it a test run for the past couple of days. I've never messed with Twitter, so it's taking some getting used to.
Link Posted: 11/9/2020 6:31:35 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
This, as soon as it asked for my phone number I shut the page and moved on.
View Quote

Any way around this?  Tried to get a burner Google voice number, but they wanted a number as well.
Link Posted: 11/9/2020 6:42:52 AM EDT
[#38]
Wife and I downloaded the app last night. I'm diabloblanco7 on there
Link Posted: 11/9/2020 6:47:34 AM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 11/9/2020 7:57:24 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 11/9/2020 8:09:43 AM EDT
[#41]
I messed around with this WeMe site. I think it has potential to replace Facebook.
Link Posted: 11/9/2020 8:31:53 AM EDT
[#42]
Bigbadjon82
Link Posted: 11/9/2020 8:55:37 AM EDT
[#43]
Working better today. No under_score!

Link Posted: 11/9/2020 9:06:26 AM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 11/9/2020 9:08:28 AM EDT
[#45]
Following all you guys. I need to build my base.

@Joash1611
Link Posted: 11/9/2020 9:14:12 AM EDT
[#46]
I'm just waiting on Trump to start his own social media company.
Link Posted: 11/9/2020 9:15:09 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
The Parler site sucks.  They better get their act together as people are advertising a mass exit from Facebook to Parler on Nov 13th.  I finally got through the registration process, followed a few people, read some messages, went to update my profile and it just sat and spun.  Refreshed, you are not authorized login again.  I go to login, no account associated with that email address.  I go to recreate the account the next button is grayed out because the email and phone number are already in their system.
View Quote

Like ZOOM when the pandemic hit and everyone started using it. They weren't ready for it and had some major issues but over time they resolved them and it is running bigly now. I'm sure Parler will be the same as it has it's growing pains.  I trust Parler more than I do Twitter and Facebook and YouTube are on that crap list too.
Link Posted: 11/9/2020 9:20:56 AM EDT
[#48]
Does anyone use LBRY as an alternative to YouTube? https://lbry.tv/
Link Posted: 11/9/2020 9:21:42 AM EDT
[#49]
@scdigger1

Mostly relic hunting and artifact stuff
Link Posted: 11/9/2020 9:29:51 AM EDT
[#50]
Been there for a couple of weeks.
Page / 14
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top