Link Posted: 1/18/2021 12:04:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Stop going to .com/feed

Only the main page is up

https://parler.com/
View Quote
Thanks LP. I kept getting 404. Feel better now.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 8:02:57 PM EDT
[#5]
3 more home page posts

Amy Peikoff
01/18/2021
@AmyPeikoff
"But though I was initially disappointed at being categorized as an extremist, as I continued to think about the matter I gradually gained a measure of satisfaction from the label. Was not Jesus an extremist for love ... Was not Amos an extremist for justice: 'Let justice roll down like waters and righteousness like an ever-flowing stream.' ... And John Bunyan: 'I will stay in jail to the end of my days before I make a butchery of my conscience.' And Abraham Lincoln: 'This nation cannot survive half slave and half free.' And Thomas Jefferson: 'We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal....' So the question is not whether we will be extremists, but what kind of extremists we will be. Will we be extremists for hate or for love? Will we be extremists for preservation of injustice or for the extension of justice? In that dramatic scene on Calvary's hill three men...were [all] crucified for the same crime--the crime of extremism. Two were extremists for immorality, and thus fell below their environment. The other, Jesus Christ, was an extremist for love, truth, and goodness, and thereby rose above his environment. Perhaps the South, the nation, and the world are in dire need of creative extremists."

-- Martin Luther King, Jr., "Letter from Birmingham Jail"

Might this be the year that all of us, regardless of political belief, become extremists for freedom of expression and privacy? Wouldn’t that turn 2021 on its head?

John Matze
01/18/2021
@John
Our return is inevitable due to hard work, and persistence against all odds. Despite the threats and harassment not one Parler employee has quit. We are becoming closer and stronger as a team.

Dan Bongino
01/18/2021
@dbongino
We will NEVER stop fighting. NEVER. This fight is bigger than me, and it’s bigger than Parler. If they’re allowed to silence us, they can silence anyone. It stops now. Please stand with us in this fight for liberty, truth and freedom.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 8:15:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
3 more home page posts

Amy Peikoff
01/18/2021
@AmyPeikoff
"But though I was initially disappointed at being categorized as an extremist, as I continued to think about the matter I gradually gained a measure of satisfaction from the label. Was not Jesus an extremist for love ... Was not Amos an extremist for justice: 'Let justice roll down like waters and righteousness like an ever-flowing stream.' ... And John Bunyan: 'I will stay in jail to the end of my days before I make a butchery of my conscience.' And Abraham Lincoln: 'This nation cannot survive half slave and half free.' And Thomas Jefferson: 'We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal....' So the question is not whether we will be extremists, but what kind of extremists we will be. Will we be extremists for hate or for love? Will we be extremists for preservation of injustice or for the extension of justice? In that dramatic scene on Calvary's hill three men...were [all] crucified for the same crime--the crime of extremism. Two were extremists for immorality, and thus fell below their environment. The other, Jesus Christ, was an extremist for love, truth, and goodness, and thereby rose above his environment. Perhaps the South, the nation, and the world are in dire need of creative extremists."

-- Martin Luther King, Jr., "Letter from Birmingham Jail"

Might this be the year that all of us, regardless of political belief, become extremists for freedom of expression and privacy? Wouldn’t that turn 2021 on its head?

John Matze
01/18/2021
@John
Our return is inevitable due to hard work, and persistence against all odds. Despite the threats and harassment not one Parler employee has quit. We are becoming closer and stronger as a team.

Dan Bongino
01/18/2021
@dbongino
We will NEVER stop fighting. NEVER. This fight is bigger than me, and it’s bigger than Parler. If they’re allowed to silence us, they can silence anyone. It stops now. Please stand with us in this fight for liberty, truth and freedom.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/20/2021 12:11:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Is it up?  App opens but I get a blank white screen and a request denied connection time out error.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 12:15:15 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Is it up?  App opens but I get a blank white screen and a request denied connection time out error.
View Quote

Not yet
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 10:44:50 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Not yet
View Quote

I see posts from Sean Hannity and Rand Paul from today
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 9:58:14 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I see posts from Sean Hannity and Rand Paul from today
View Quote

They are not us average joes

THey contacted John themself to make those posts
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 10:07:15 AM EDT
[#11]
My app doesn’t work, do I need to update? Not sure Apple will let that happen.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 10:32:32 AM EDT
[#12]
Serious question time.  

Have they fixed their shit security?    
Do they own their own servers now?  
What country are the servers located in?  I'd really like some facts to smack the left with on the Russian server accusations.

Link Posted: 1/21/2021 12:36:02 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
My app doesn’t work, do I need to update? Not sure Apple will let that happen.
View Quote

App still not up yet they are thinking the end of January or the beginning of February

Quoted:
Serious question time.  

What country are the servers located in?  I'd really like some facts to smack the left with on the Russian server accusations.

View Quote

They are on Epik now, so mostly usa

I don't know about security, they are starting from scratch infustructure wise though, they have all our accounts saved at least
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 12:45:37 PM EDT
[#14]
Gab seems to be pretty alive, whats better about parler?  - other than stickin' it to aws if it survives.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 1:10:41 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Gab seems to be pretty alive, whats better about parler?  - other than stickin' it to aws if it survives.
View Quote

Community i say.

At least for my kind, A overwhelming majority of log cabin republicans flocked to Parler instead of gab.

Who's to say now though since gap has like what 25-30 million people on it now?

Maybe it's more friendly to us now.

But the fact that the main man behind gab is quite the fire and brimstone Christian will always make the idea of joining for some, uncomfortable, John Matze is just more appealing to many people.

I will join gab if parler never comes back online though.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 1:13:51 PM EDT
[#16]
Thanks LP.

From the Wiki on Epik.

"Epik is a domain registrar and web hosting company known for providing services to websites that host far-right, neo-Nazi, and other extremist content. "

I hate communists soooo much.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 1:18:36 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Thanks LP.

From the Wiki on Epik.

"Epik is a domain registrar and web hosting company known for providing services to websites that host far-right, neo-Nazi, and other extremist content. "

View Quote

Interesting news with that is they just booted off the daily stormer "a legit nazi site" so they have more server space

After the go daddy shenanigans ar15 is on epik too
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 1:20:24 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Thanks LP.

From the Wiki on Epik.

View Quote

Yep, Wiki is a serious problem.  I knew when everyone started citing this "free community" encyclopedia that WE COULD ALL CONTRIBUTE TOO.  It was going to be a problem.  

Wiki= "An online encyclopedia company that spreads far-left, marxist, communist, and other extremist content. "
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 1:21:26 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Arfcom was kicked off the registrar, Parler was kicked off the server, two completely different circumstances.  If Amazon kicks Arfcom it won't be quick to rebuild either.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Something is going on, but not much.

Someone in their IT department finally found 2 brain cells and after a week figured out they could repoint their domain to a static page on a different server.  That is something that should have been within a matter of hours, just like GoatBoy did with Arfcom last week.  

Arfcom was kicked off the registrar, Parler was kicked off the server, two completely different circumstances.  If Amazon kicks Arfcom it won't be quick to rebuild either.

I was talking about repointing the Parler domain.  Parler didn't lose their domain registration from what I know, which would actually take longer to re-establish.  It should have taken them less than 15 minutes to repoint it to a different server from a different hosting company which had a static message and then a couple hours for the DNS update to take place.  There was no reason for their site not be resolved for a week.  

Link Posted: 1/21/2021 1:34:29 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I was talking about repointing the Parler domain.  Parler didn't lose their domain registration from what I know, which would actually take longer to re-establish.  It should have taken them less than 15 minutes to repoint it to a different server from a different hosting company which had a static message and then a couple hours for the DNS update to take place.  There was no reason for their site not be resolved for a week.  

View Quote

I thought they did lose their domain?

I mean everything was wiped out save for the acount info themselfs which was on John's company group computers

Video, pics, posts, just poof, all cloud storage.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 2:04:41 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Serious question time.  

View Quote

What shit security are you referring to?  They didn't get "hacked".  Someone just scrapped all the posts that the Parler users posted to the freaking internet.  You know stuff that anyone in the world could see.   How is that a security issue for Parler?
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 2:42:27 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

What shit security are you referring to?  They didn't get "hacked".  Someone just scrapped all the posts that the Parler users posted to the freaking internet.  You know stuff that anyone in the world could see.   How is that a security issue for Parler?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Serious question time.  

Read that last part back to yourself again and you can find the answer to your question.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 2:47:40 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Read that last part back to yourself again and you can find the answer to your question.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Serious question time.  

How is that a security issue for Parler??????? People read what they posted on Parler. I assume they posted what they did because they WANTED people to read it. Once again, explain how that is a security issue with Parler.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 3:26:30 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Serious question time.  

I must be missing something.  Please explain your point and or issue with people making a public post on Parler and anyone being able to archive it to review/search later.  Someone scraping posts on Parler is NOT hacking and that is not a "security" issue that ANY website needs to mitigate.  Seriously, please explain your concern, I do not see it.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 4:42:33 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 4:43:10 PM EDT
[#26]

Link Posted: 1/21/2021 4:45:53 PM EDT
[#27]
Just heard that judge said Amazon does not have to bring it back online.

Welcome to Bidens America!
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 9:12:29 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote

Can't say I'm shocked anymore.

If you are not a leftist, your voice doesn't matter.. not even to the "courts".
Link Posted: 1/31/2021 12:35:03 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 1/31/2021 12:56:44 PM EDT
[#30]
The people who ran Parler must not have been active gun owners or participated in the gun community.  That is the only explanation for why they were so unprepared even with what they saw happen to Gab.  When did eBay ban gun sales?  Sometime in the early 2000s.  Then they banned gun parts and accessories.  Then PayPal banned gun sales.  Then Amazon banned accessories.  I remember Bank of America black listing all gun dealers and businesses.  Anything the liberals found controversial from conservatives has been banned or blacklisted by liberal owned companies for close to 20 years now.  All that lead up to what they did to Gab.  Then Parler comes along and ignores everything from that 20 years of history.
Link Posted: 1/31/2021 8:49:12 PM EDT
[#31]

not yet but it is indeed sleeping
Link Posted: 2/3/2021 7:33:20 PM EDT
[#32]

The CEO of the controversial Parler app, John Matze, says he’s been fired from his position by the company’s board.

“On January 29, 2021, the Parler board controlled by Rebekah Mercer decided to immediately terminate my position as CEO of Parler. I did not participate in this decision,” Matze wrote in a email to staff, which was obtained by Fox News. “I understand that those who now control the company have made some communications to employees and other third parties that have unfortunately created confusion and prompted me to make this public statement.”

“Over the past few months, I’ve met constant resistance to my product vision, my strong belief in free speech and my view of how the Parler site should be managed. For example, I advocated for more product stability and what I believe is a more effective approach to content moderation. I have worked endless hours and fought constant battles to get the Parler site running but at this point, the future of Parler is no longer in my hands. I want to thank the Parler employees, the people on Parler and Parler supporters for their tireless work and devotion to the company. They are an amazing group of diverse, hardworking and talented individuals and I have the utmost respect for them. Many of them have become my second family.”

“After that, I’ll be looking for new opportunities where my technical acumen, vision and the causes I am passionate about will be required and respected,” he wrote in closing. “I want to thank all the people of Parler that supported me and the platform. This has been the true American Dream: an idea from a living room to a company of considerable value. I’m not saying goodbye, just so long for now.”
Link Posted: 2/3/2021 7:40:58 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

The CEO of the controversial Parler app, John Matze, says he’s been fired from his position by the company’s board.

“On January 29, 2021, the Parler board controlled by Rebekah Mercer decided to immediately terminate my position as CEO of Parler. I did not participate in this decision,” Matze wrote in a email to staff, which was obtained by Fox News. “I understand that those who now control the company have made some communications to employees and other third parties that have unfortunately created confusion and prompted me to make this public statement.”

“Over the past few months, I’ve met constant resistance to my product vision, my strong belief in free speech and my view of how the Parler site should be managed. For example, I advocated for more product stability and what I believe is a more effective approach to content moderation. I have worked endless hours and fought constant battles to get the Parler site running but at this point, the future of Parler is no longer in my hands. I want to thank the Parler employees, the people on Parler and Parler supporters for their tireless work and devotion to the company. They are an amazing group of diverse, hardworking and talented individuals and I have the utmost respect for them. Many of them have become my second family.”

“After that, I’ll be looking for new opportunities where my technical acumen, vision and the causes I am passionate about will be required and respected,” he wrote in closing. “I want to thank all the people of Parler that supported me and the platform. This has been the true American Dream: an idea from a living room to a company of considerable value. I’m not saying goodbye, just so long for now.”
View Quote

Well shit

I guess gab it is
Link Posted: 2/3/2021 7:45:52 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Well shit

I guess gab it is
View Quote

I've signed up for Gab. Haven't learned how to navigate or use it well enough to be active necessarily.  But I'm sure I'll get there.
Link Posted: 2/3/2021 7:48:23 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

The CEO of the controversial Parler app, John Matze, says he's been fired from his position by the company's board.

"On January 29, 2021, the Parler board controlled by Rebekah Mercer decided to immediately terminate my position as CEO of Parler. I did not participate in this decision," Matze wrote in a email to staff, which was obtained by Fox News. "I understand that those who now control the company have made some communications to employees and other third parties that have unfortunately created confusion and prompted me to make this public statement."

"Over the past few months, I've met constant resistance to my product vision, my strong belief in free speech and my view of how the Parler site should be managed. For example, I advocated for more product stability and what I believe is a more effective approach to content moderation. I have worked endless hours and fought constant battles to get the Parler site running but at this point, the future of Parler is no longer in my hands. I want to thank the Parler employees, the people on Parler and Parler supporters for their tireless work and devotion to the company. They are an amazing group of diverse, hardworking and talented individuals and I have the utmost respect for them. Many of them have become my second family."

"After that, I'll be looking for new opportunities where my technical acumen, vision and the causes I am passionate about will be required and respected," he wrote in closing. "I want to thank all the people of Parler that supported me and the platform. This has been the true American Dream: an idea from a living room to a company of considerable value. I'm not saying goodbye, just so long for now."
View Quote
Well now I am regretting the hoops I jumped through to be verified on there, no telling who that information will be handed off to now.
Link Posted: 2/3/2021 7:52:23 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 2/3/2021 7:55:37 PM EDT
[#37]
Game of Thrones episode 214.
Link Posted: 2/3/2021 7:58:37 PM EDT
[#38]
Thrownhammer on Gab.

Guess it's time to delete that Parler app.
Link Posted: 2/5/2021 11:35:34 AM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 2/5/2021 12:07:10 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote

With, or without, big brother oversight though?  That is the million dollar question...

Are they coming back online because they agreed to the terms to be "allowed" to come back online?
Link Posted: 2/5/2021 4:25:33 PM EDT
[#41]
Well, we will see how it goes,  Perhaps the new management won't change how things operate
Link Posted: 2/5/2021 4:26:11 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

With, or without, big brother oversight though?  That is the million dollar question...

Are they coming back online because they agreed to the terms to be "allowed" to come back online?
View Quote

Indeed
Link Posted: 2/5/2021 4:30:50 PM EDT
[#43]
Epik still hosting them?
Link Posted: 2/5/2021 4:34:09 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote
I'd be surprised if somebody like co-owner Dan Bongino caved to the demands of the left.
Link Posted: 2/5/2021 4:35:36 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
I'd be surprised if somebody like co-owner Dan Bongino caved to the demands of the left.
View Quote

It's not Bongino I'd worry about, it's the Mercer bitch who's calling the shots. I don't trust her AT ALL to keep the algorithms out.
Link Posted: 2/6/2021 6:44:28 AM EDT
[#46]
Andrew Torba at gab had some interesting things to say about the current state of affairs wrt Parler.

https://gab.com/a/posts/105681061666273218
Link Posted: 2/6/2021 8:58:53 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Andrew Torba at gab had some interesting things to say about the current state of affairs wrt Parler.

View Quote

Huh
Link Posted: 2/6/2021 9:30:42 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote
Well, that puts a different spin on things.
Link Posted: 2/6/2021 10:33:11 AM EDT
[#49]
I cannot get Gab to load at all lately, anyone else having issues?
Link Posted: 2/6/2021 10:35:43 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
I cannot get Gab to load at all lately, anyone else having issues?
View Quote

Same.

Assuming the champions of free speech are attacking them 24/7.
Page / 14
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top