Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/20/2001 6:28:40 PM EDT
I invited her to go, and she said she would go, but would probably just sit back and not be very much into it. Well, I think I may have to get some new pistols, because she took to it like a duck to water. She had never fired before, so I gave her the basic operating instructions, and quick class on safe handling and general safety rules, and then handed her the Buckmark .22. She was really digging it, and hitting very well for a first timer(no doubt due to excellent instruction hee hee!). She must have gone through 200 rounds, and then I opened the HK box and broke out the USPC 40. Her eyes got big, and she got this funny grin, which usually means a long and fun night for me, and she burned off a good bit of ammo with that. She did not shoot as well with the .40, but so what, because she wants to go again soon. I think I may have a fresh convert on my hands. She said she never would have expected it to be fun, but was really surprised at how she felt "empowered". I'm sure proud of her for having an open mind to something she considered to be pure evil, and learn the joys of shooting. On the way out, she was looking over new pistols in the case, and was making eyes at a Kimber, and that ugly new Walther P99. Not bad taste I say.
Link Posted: 5/20/2001 6:39:37 PM EDT
[#1]
revrat----to keep her in the mood, put a little Hoppe's #9 behind each ear tonight.

Good plinking [;)]
Link Posted: 5/20/2001 6:39:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Ok, so now you have to get her to pose for some photos with your guns.
Link Posted: 5/20/2001 6:43:03 PM EDT
[#3]
This is the reaction of most 'anti-gun' people the first time they go shooting.  And women are usually better shots than men, they don't have an ego problem like men do.  Good going, rather see a convert than ex-GF.
Link Posted: 5/20/2001 6:44:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Then I opened the HK box and broke out the USPC 40. Her eyes got big, and she got this funny grin, which usually means a long and fun night for me, and she burned off a good bit of ammo with that.  
View Quote

And they said size didn't matter. Sure the .22 was fun, but how soon they forget and have that gleem in their eyes when they see the .40
Link Posted: 5/20/2001 6:45:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Convert & Multiply!
My wife burns through too much ammo and she gets pissed when I trade in a gun she bought me for a better one.
Link Posted: 5/20/2001 7:15:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Wait'll you give her the shotgun to try out!  You DO have a shotgun, don't you?  
"Perhaps a little plinking with the AR-15, my dear?"
I'm glad for ya!
Link Posted: 5/20/2001 7:24:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
She must have gone through 200 rounds, and then I opened the HK box and broke out the USPC 40. Her eyes got big, and she got this funny grin, which usually means a long and fun night for me, and she burned off a good bit of ammo with that. She did not shoot as well with the .40
View Quote

The recoil of a 40S&W is quite a bit snappier than your 22LR. I have the same problem with my friend’s 40 Baretta 96, all she needs is just a bit more practice.

Quoted:
Convert & Multiply!
My wife burns through too much ammo and she gets pissed when I trade in a gun she bought me for a better one.
View Quote

I wouldn’t complain too much if my wife burns thru a lot of ammo.  Maybe you should learn how to reload.  You can reload your plinking rounds for a lot less than the factory load, plus you can download it a bit to make comfortable shooting.  Trading in a gun she bought for you?  Maybe you should just keep it and tell her how great it is. Just like telling her how beautiful she looks, etc…
Link Posted: 5/20/2001 7:30:12 PM EDT
[#8]
they all pretend to like what you do  before you get married and then its don't you have enough guns already!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 5/21/2001 11:36:08 AM EDT
[#9]
Perhaps you can show her the benefits of a good "guide rod".  [:D]
Link Posted: 5/21/2001 11:43:08 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
This is the reaction of most 'anti-gun' people the first time they go shooting.  And women are usually better shots than men, they don't have an ego problem like men do.  Good going, rather see a convert than ex-GF.
View Quote
                     The scenario is repeated so many times.....you have to wonder how many anti`s have taken on a cause for something they have never experienced.......something like..."don`t knock it till you try it".........[uzi]
Link Posted: 5/21/2001 11:43:44 AM EDT
[#11]
Besides teaching her to handle a weapon, make sure she's not voting liberal too!
Link Posted: 5/21/2001 2:14:11 PM EDT
[#12]
She will come around if you are patient and "sensitive" to her issues with guns.  My fiancee was not much of a gun person, but I can get her to go out to the range now and she has a pretty good time.  

I think she likes shooting my USP .45 the best, who would have guessed?
Link Posted: 5/21/2001 2:31:42 PM EDT
[#13]
Ya.
Link Posted: 5/22/2001 4:52:14 AM EDT
[#14]
Glad to hear it. My wife looked at me like I had lost my mind when I brought home my first AK. Now she gets mad when I sell stuff before she gets a chance to shoot it.

Link Posted: 5/22/2001 8:18:09 AM EDT
[#15]
Same experience here.  My wife was never exposed to guns...so I took here to Thunder Ranch last year(which took a bit of energy to convince here)...Holy Shiat...within the first hour on the range she traded in the Glock 23 I brought for her and picked up her new Les Baer TR Special .45. Shot it the whole time (1500 rds), she was an animal.  There's nothin sexier than a woman shootin a .45 (well maybe if she was shooting an AR...).  I agree too, listen to her issues about shooting, self-defense, whatever.  It was the only way I got my wife through the training(she kicked ass tho and was extremely thankful that she did it).
Link Posted: 5/22/2001 8:53:53 AM EDT
[#16]
To understand how liberal she truly is; I believe we need pictures.
Link Posted: 5/22/2001 9:02:18 AM EDT
[#17]
naked...
Link Posted: 5/23/2001 6:55:11 AM EDT
[#18]
....naked and her cleaning the guns....carbon smuges all over her....

[whacko]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top