Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/19/2001 3:22:07 PM EDT
Took my new Bushy Dissipator to the range today and read on the little target supplied with the gun that it should have been sighted in at the factory.  Boy was that wrong!  At 100 yards on the lowest setting the thing shot about 16 inches high!  Anybody else had this problem?  What kind of front sight tool do I need to lower the friggin bullet impact point?
Link Posted: 5/19/2001 4:06:23 PM EDT
[#1]
The front sight is designed to be adjusted with a cartridge tip.  If you raise the front sight post as far as you can and it's still too high, send it back for warrantee work.
Link Posted: 5/19/2001 4:11:37 PM EDT
[#2]
no, but i guess you cant belive everything you read.
Link Posted: 5/19/2001 4:15:55 PM EDT
[#3]
My dissipator was dead on out of the box.
Luck of the draw I guess.
Jaginga
Link Posted: 5/19/2001 4:41:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks a bunch for your replys guys!
Link Posted: 5/19/2001 5:21:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Check your bullet weight and see if it is the proper bullet weight for your barrel turns. A rule of thumb is, 1x9 turns can use up to 69 grain bullets. Some 1x9 barrels might still be accurate shooting heavier bullets though, you have to experiment.
Link Posted: 5/19/2001 5:49:36 PM EDT
[#6]
well, at least its not over to one side by about 18 or twenty clicks on the rear sight. bushmaster used to have that problem. just use regular 55g. fmj ammo. and raise the front sight up untill it is zeroed. for me, i prefer to have the point of impact at about 3 inches over where the front sight post is aimed. old eyes do that to 'ya. it also gives you a better sight picture, to be able to see the entire dot, (about a six inch black dot, i use an old coffee can cut out at both ends, and spray paint a paper plate), rather than trying to cut it in half, place the front sight post at the very bottom of the black. obviously, if you have to adjust up so far that the front sight has few threads left for engagement, send it back. [:D]
Link Posted: 5/19/2001 5:58:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 5/19/2001 6:25:21 PM EDT
[#8]

Take a deep breath -

Sight in at 25M /Yards
2 inches above Point of aim - gets you on Target - for up to 435 meters - Center of Mass

Link Posted: 5/19/2001 7:11:45 PM EDT
[#9]
I read the manual and is says that for each click of the front sight that should change the point of impact 1 and 3/8 inches at 100 yards.  That makes for about 8-10 clicks to shoot dead on at 100 yards.  So upon trying this with my new rifle, I found that after approximately 4-5 clicks that the front sight had worked it's way so far out that it was no longer properly engaging the threads; I could then wiggle the front sight most perceptively back and forth with little effort.  I could only imagine what kind of groups I would then shoot if the front sight was wiggling back and forth.  I have enough problems shooting accurately, I don't need this kind of help.  I guess I'll just have to return it for warranty work.  I was shooting 55 gr fmj South African which I have had excellent success with before with other AR's.
Link Posted: 5/19/2001 7:52:26 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
My dissipator was dead on out of the box.
Luck of the draw I guess.
Jaginga
View Quote

Mine too-surprisingly accurate for a 16" bbl.  If yours is hitting that far off, sounds like warranty time to me.
Link Posted: 5/26/2001 5:35:59 PM EDT
[#11]
As a follow up I called Bushmaster and they said that the barrel had to be replaced.  So this was indeed warranty work.  Thanks for the input everyone.
Link Posted: 5/26/2001 5:52:08 PM EDT
[#12]
There was another post recently about a
defective Bushmaster. Is this a trend?
QC seems to be fading at Bushmaster.
Tell them to return your money and go buy an
ARMALITE or COLT.
Link Posted: 5/26/2001 5:55:19 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Sitting Bull:
Took my new Bushy Dissipator to the range today and read on the little target supplied with the gun that it should have been sighted in at the factory.  Boy was that wrong!
View Quote

I would have to personally speak to the person that shot that target.
Link Posted: 5/26/2001 7:29:13 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Originally Posted By Sitting Bull:
Took my new Bushy Dissipator to the range today and read on the little target supplied with the gun that it should have been sighted in at the factory.  Boy was that wrong!
View Quote

I would have to personally speak to the person that shot that target.
View Quote

Maybe it was fired at from 1 yard.
Link Posted: 5/26/2001 9:32:25 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Tell them to return your money and go buy an
ARMALITE or COLT.
View Quote

Your either STONED or kidding!!
Armalite = Yes
colt = NEVER

Bushmaster is FAR better than colt in quality.
As a matter of fact I cant think of one good thing about colt. Can you? Lets hear it.

Colt is nothing but a name that sells to misinformed people.
Link Posted: 5/27/2001 7:34:29 AM EDT
[#16]
Yeah your just paying for the little horse on the side of it
Link Posted: 5/27/2001 12:55:08 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 5/27/2001 1:03:34 PM EDT
[#18]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top