Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 31
Link Posted: 8/12/2020 8:54:33 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I guess I would have to try one to know - but honestly I can not imagine managing to keep all that weight up on my waist without suspenders.  That said, I have everything I want to put on my plate carrier and can easily imagine wanting to put a few more things on my belt.  I currently use a reinforced belt - but this would be more convenient.

too bad demand is high and production slow.  I hate ordering stuff and wondering how many months before I should wonder if it is every coming.
View Quote

Quite a few have loops for suspenders. Mine does. I've never felt like I needed them though, even with a heavy, loaded pistol, two rifle mags, and two pistol mags.
Link Posted: 8/12/2020 8:58:00 AM EDT
[#2]
I'm starting to rethink my dump pouch. Or, at least it's position.

I really need a smaller IFAK; I can barely sit in my vehicle with it.
Link Posted: 8/12/2020 8:58:31 AM EDT
[#3]
I do. I think it’s a good option to have sitting around that allows for an immediate response to home invasions or drive by’s (of which I think more are coming) without forcing you to  walk around geared up all the time. Good “grab and go” option.
Link Posted: 8/12/2020 8:59:34 AM EDT
[#4]
View Quote

What are these little guys?

Link Posted: 8/12/2020 8:59:54 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Actually you can Donald Duck an esstac belt because there's an inner and outer.

That's why I bought it.

Mags on the left, pistol on the right, dong in the middle
View Quote

I prefer the coyote tan pmag between my cheeks method.

keeps my cheeks spread out so the air gets in there and keeps me cool.

coyote tan so no one sees that I shit myself as soon as the first round from antifa went whizzing past my head
Link Posted: 8/12/2020 9:00:19 AM EDT
[#6]
Yeah, I have a belt setup (with suspenders even).  pistol, couple of rifle mags, knife, blowout kit.  It's the "1st line" thing... it's all based on how much time I have to grab stuff if shit goes sideways.

Very little time:  Grab the belt.  Even if I didn't have the rifle, I at least have a live weapon, a bottle of water and basic bleed control.  If I did grab the rifle I've got a couple of spare mags.

Little more time:  Plate carrier.  Now I will definitely have the rifle, with more mags, more water, better med gear, a few basic tools, and level IV plates.

Little more time:  Helmet/NODs.  Now I can see in the dark and my dome is a little safer.

Little more time:  Ruck.  Now I have some food, more ammo, comfort stuff, more tools, more med gear...
Link Posted: 8/12/2020 9:01:52 AM EDT
[#7]

@WhiskersTheCat what belt/width is this?
Link Posted: 8/12/2020 9:06:06 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I don’t wear armor.  I wear a LBV.

I prefer to have my LVB for “full” SHTF, as opposed to a battle belt for “diet” SHTF.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I don’t see the point.

You can take off your armor and still have your pistol, mags and med kit for a SHTF moment.

I don’t wear armor.  I wear a LBV.

I prefer to have my LVB for “full” SHTF, as opposed to a battle belt for “diet” SHTF.  

Yeah, as far as I can tell, if a person's everyday carry can't handle the impending situation it's time to put on the full kit.
I don't really see a middle ground. If you know a big fight is coming, why go without full kit?
Link Posted: 8/12/2020 9:06:12 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Esstac 1.75"

I almost didn't tell you because you should be a dog smoking a cigarette, which is one of my favorite avatars.
Link Posted: 8/12/2020 9:07:21 AM EDT
[#10]
I’m running the Vtac raze . It’s small enough so it fits in my day pack loaded. It’s tough enough to carry the weight with no issues.https://www.vikingtactics.com/product-p/vtac-rz.htm
Attachment Attached File

Very easy to wear concealed , as that is its intended purpose.
Link Posted: 8/12/2020 9:08:45 AM EDT
[#11]
Damn I’m glad I got in on this shit. I’ll be interested to see how I like it. Looks like a need a dedicated holster for my 19x now.
Link Posted: 8/12/2020 9:14:19 AM EDT
[#12]
Guess I’ll add to this. They’re great if they’re set up right. Mine is set up to compliment my plates. If they’re minimalist and part of your overall kit, they’re awesome. If they’re just being used to carry a bunch of dumb shit, there are better ways to do it.

Mine is pretty minimalistic. It has a Glock, two reloads, one 20rd rifle mag (A 30 sticks out too far for me), an IFAK, and a pair of gloves. My plates can now be svelt and minimalistic (my JPC has three 30rd mags, a tourniquet, and a camelbak), and the two compliment each other well.
Link Posted: 8/12/2020 9:23:39 AM EDT
[#13]
Closest I have is my old LC1 and LC2 gear.  It goes over the plate carrier comfortably.  I will update the pouches some day.  It's a pain to wear in the truck though.
Link Posted: 8/12/2020 9:53:34 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I'm not really complaining, their website was pretty clear that there would be a lengthy delay.  

I'm just looking forward to getting it, and easing the daily routine. Especially since my place of employment is a no go for ccw, but also happens to be right next to a place of veneration for St. Floyd.
View Quote

@motormouth

I ordered mine on June 10th, and it's finally out for delivery today.  As others said, I just got to figure out how to set it up.  I got the dual inner/outer and already have an estac 2-1 pistol/rifle kywi pouch and pistol holster, but cannot find micro IFAKs in stock anywhere.

For me, this will be something I plan to use at the range and training, but will live in the truck, so it will be handy if needed since I won't always have my PC with me.
Link Posted: 8/12/2020 9:54:34 AM EDT
[#15]
newb here learning, lots of options out there.  whats the preference for more of a competition belt i.e. 2 gun and 3 gun?  Not as many accessories hanging on as a shtf belt.
Link Posted: 8/12/2020 9:55:44 AM EDT
[#16]
I’ll be another to say that I like reloading from the belt and having a belt set up is nice for range use. It makes it easy to carry a handgun around plus mags and other crap you want. I like the G code soft shell scorpion mag carriers and Safariland holsters.
Link Posted: 8/12/2020 9:56:55 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Damn I’m glad I got in on this shit. I’ll be interested to see how I like it. Looks like a need a dedicated holster for my 19x now.
View Quote

Wait, you have duty guns that don't have holsters?

I'm not a collector so all of my toys have lights/zeroed optics/slings/holsters.

I'm not Mexican carrying a 509T and running with an unslung AR at the mixer.
Link Posted: 8/12/2020 9:58:06 AM EDT
[#18]
I don't have a PC yet so yeah, i have a battle belt.  Quick to clip on and gives me a couple reloads for my rifle, 1 for my pistol, and a pistol to go with my main blaster.
Link Posted: 8/12/2020 10:02:35 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 8/12/2020 10:05:46 AM EDT
[#20]

3" IR chemlights
Link Posted: 8/12/2020 10:07:34 AM EDT
[#21]

I wish to subscribe to your newsletter sir... as that is absolute GENIUS!
Link Posted: 8/12/2020 10:14:47 AM EDT
[#22]
Im using my old DAA competition belt. It's the inner/outter and it's stiff as shit, so stuff stays on. I have it with 2 pistol mag holsters, pistol holster, AR 20 round mag and holder. It's the first level of gearing up beyond grabbing whatever off the rack. Nice to have all that stuff handy and having shot USPSA and 3 gun for years I have a million reloads off my belt. Much faster than chest rig for me.

I have a PC and that's got 3 mags on it. Honestly I imagine I'd load off my belt first and refill from the chest if the need arises, but I'm hoping it doesn't.

Link Posted: 8/12/2020 10:21:46 AM EDT
[#23]
I've got one set up for an all-in-one grab and go kit.

Handgun, three mags, IFAK, flashlight, dump pouch.  No rifle stuff, because if I can't grab my rifle, then rifle stuff on the belt just becomes useless weight.  And giant AR mags sticking 9 inches up from your waist and pressing into your ribs suck.

Plate carrier is set up for rifle: three mags, IFAK, flashlight.

If there's no time, I can grab the belt and have everything I need.  

If I think there's time, I can put on the plate carrier and grab my rifle.

And if it looks like I have a lot of time I can put on the plate carrier, then the belt, and grab my rifle.
Link Posted: 8/12/2020 10:21:53 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I'd go fighting without a chest rig but I'd never go without my belt
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/12/2020 10:24:29 AM EDT
[#25]
I have a padded one and it has too much shit on it
Link Posted: 8/12/2020 10:31:54 AM EDT
[#26]
I have an inexpensive but stiff nylon clasp like belt with my Glock 17 with Streamlight TLR HL light in a Safariland thumb release Duty holster and two mag reloads on the other side.  I keep it all rolled up under my bed on my side and can put the whole rig on in seconds.

19 rounds in the pistol with 2 17 round reloads.  

Very comforting to have it.  It does look pretty funny when I tried it on in my underwear in front of the wife one night.  

Sorry, no pics.

Link Posted: 8/12/2020 10:32:26 AM EDT
[#27]
Just here to check out the super clean gear
Link Posted: 8/12/2020 10:34:43 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
How do you guys keep your kit so clean? Is there something you do?

Mine looks like shit with old mud, blood and sweat even when I try and wipe everything down.
View Quote

You take the picture right after you set it up. If you reuse gear on a new setup you either roll with the grunge or angle it so the old stuff isn't as obvious.
Same with guns. New one, all setup, snap pics... two range trips later it's got dirt in places you need a needle to clean out and you're wondering if a pressure washer is going too far.
Link Posted: 8/12/2020 10:38:02 AM EDT
[#29]
View All Quotes

Holy fucking pixels, Batman!
Link Posted: 8/12/2020 10:39:00 AM EDT
[#30]
Yes..I'm honestly surprised you have that many plate carriers etc and not a belt..
I say this because I got a belt first and honestly when I go-to the range and forget it I kick myself.
It's probably one of the most handy things I've bought/set up and use shooting..
My trash can bottom of the barrel condor dump pouch holds a stapler, marker, staples etc..
Hell sometimes I put an extra beer and empty magazines in it also.

Link Posted: 8/12/2020 10:52:59 AM EDT
[#31]
I like them for hunting as well
Attachment Attached File

And for comps or training
Attachment Attached File

I have a low pro one too that I use with a pad. I dobt like inner belts because I like being able to throw on over clothes
Link Posted: 8/12/2020 10:56:56 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
cant wear a belt if you dont wear pants.

my boog load out is my rifle and an extra mag stuck between my ass cheeks
View Quote

Wrong

I've walked around the house in drawers and belt to show off to my wife.  She shook her head and called me a weirdo
Link Posted: 8/12/2020 10:58:46 AM EDT
[#33]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I’m trying to justify setting one up. Do I need one? Am I going to be mad I don’t have one when the commies want to fuck around and find out?

I have a bunch of shit in my cart from HSGI but give me your wisdom GD. Should I fo!?

Good thing is I have like 5 plate carriers with plates. So I can wear on each of my extremities should I need to for lacking in the battle belt dept.

Yes. They're awesome.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/425212/20200526_121731-1542562.jpg

What belt is that?
Link Posted: 8/12/2020 11:00:30 AM EDT
[#34]
My battle belt has an old school H-harness attached...

But to be fair I use it for hunting rather than battle....
Link Posted: 8/12/2020 11:05:30 AM EDT
[#35]
Tag for interest. I ended up having an extra mag pouch after setting up my new plate carrier so I ordered a Raptor Tactical Odin for it

Just got shipping on it last night
Link Posted: 8/12/2020 11:09:55 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
How do you guys keep your kit so clean? Is there something you do?

Mine looks like shit with old mud, blood and sweat even when I try and wipe everything down.
View Quote
Put it in the bathtub with some warm water and some dish soap and hit it with a scrub brush to knock the chunks off. Alternately, take a shower with it on and scrub it while still on your body. (This works better when you aren't responsible for cleaning the showers.
Link Posted: 8/12/2020 11:11:19 AM EDT
[#37]
Someone sell me a Coyote Tactical STOMP in Gray please ....

Link Posted: 8/12/2020 11:18:25 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
newb here learning, lots of options out there.  whats the preference for more of a competition belt i.e. 2 gun and 3 gun?  Not as many accessories hanging on as a shtf belt.
View Quote

I use mine for matches. It's a big, padded cover that a rigger's belt winds through. An unusual feature is that the rigger's belt can go over or under the molle sections. This opens up lots of options for holsters. I have two pistol mag holders at the front left, two rifle mag holders behind that, a dump pouch directly to the rear, and my holster is the only thing on the right side. I like a belt with a quick release buckle because I'm lazy and take my battle belt off a lot. I like the wind-thru set up because if I want to streamline things, the rigger's belt is stiff enough to support a lot of weight on its on. If I were doing things over, I would put the rifle mags in a dual mag taco instead of two single carriers.

If SHTF, I can add an IFAK, canteen, knife, or whatever. It's easily worn under a plate carrier too.
Link Posted: 8/12/2020 11:19:50 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

I don't wear armor.  I wear a LBV.

I prefer to have my LVB for "full" SHTF, as opposed to a battle belt for "diet" SHTF.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I don't see the point.

You can take off your armor and still have your pistol, mags and med kit for a SHTF moment.

I don't wear armor.  I wear a LBV.

I prefer to have my LVB for "full" SHTF, as opposed to a battle belt for "diet" SHTF.  
Why not both?

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 8/12/2020 11:23:39 AM EDT
[#40]
Yes, of course.

It is a bit bulky IMO, and can conflict with my chest rig in certain angles.
I would like to upgrade to an HSGI slim.

Really like the look and simplicity.

Link Posted: 8/12/2020 11:36:43 AM EDT
[#41]
I have one that I put together years ago. I have thought about doing a new one that isn't so big and molle based.
Link Posted: 8/12/2020 11:36:56 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

I'm not a collector so all of my toys have lights/zeroed optics/slings/holsters.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have a ton of AIWB holsters and just regular old OWB holsters. I would like a dedicated drop holster like a rangarok or something for this belt.
Link Posted: 8/12/2020 11:46:22 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
For whatever it's worth, my "battle belt" is my primary lifeline. I can't think of a time where it hasn't been my primary line of vital items.

There have been more times than I can remember where a fight started and ended without me needing anything that I didn't have on my belt besides a rifle in my hands. Unless I'm somewhere secure, I'm not going anywhere without it.

A chest rig is great to throw over a carrier if I have a chance. Sometimes situation will make that something I can't manage to do. If there's any chance of ugliness though it's my belt that goest with me.

A good stiff belt, for me, is much better than one of those inner/outer Velcro setups. I prefer something I can clip on quickly and unbuckle to sit in a vehicle, so as soon as I'm getting out, I'm clipping the belt on again. My comms, pistol, medical equipment, and a couple mags for rifle and pistol can get me through a lot.

As a bonus, I have a belly bag...nay, a fanny pack, with supplemental items. I can either attach it to my plate carrier, or I've had it done so there are two tabs on the sides that I can quickly attach at the 11 and 1 o'clock position. That bag has chem lights, extra TQ, batteries, and some other items. I can wear it on its own too if the belt can't come along, and at least have a couple spare pistol mags and a flashlight and TQ.
View Quote
What fanny pack?

I started with a tactical tailor padded belt and was underwhelmed, I switched to an inner and outer Esstac (more competition focused obviously but it was a running through the woods competition) In June it seemed like the big padded belt would be super uncomfortable. Now though I'm thinking of re-setting it up as a full stand alone for bump in the night things. I currently use my Clutch belt for bump in the night but I am wanting to slim that down a bit and a battle belt setup may be better.

Link Posted: 8/12/2020 11:56:36 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I’m trying to justify setting one up. Do I need one? Am I going to be mad I don’t have one when the commies want to fuck around and find out?

I have a bunch of shit in my cart from HSGI but give me your wisdom GD. Should I fo!?

Good thing is I have like 5 plate carriers with plates. So I can wear on each of my extremities should I need to for lacking in the battle belt dept.
View Quote

I strap mine on when I go trampling around in the lower forty.
Link Posted: 8/12/2020 11:58:45 AM EDT
[#45]
Looks like most of these belts have an inner belt to go along with it. What do you guys recommend for a single belt for a lighter setup (pistol, 2 mags, flashlight, maybe a pouch to drop my phone in)? More of a middle of the night setup than fighting commies in the mountains- stumble out of bed, throw the belt on over my awesome pajama pants, limp off to battle. No rifle in this situation.
Link Posted: 8/12/2020 12:00:12 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Wrong

I've walked around the house in drawers and belt to show off to my wife.  She shook her head and called me a weirdo
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
cant wear a belt if you dont wear pants.

my boog load out is my rifle and an extra mag stuck between my ass cheeks

Wrong

Eject.
Link Posted: 8/12/2020 12:01:35 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Someone sell me a Coyote Tactical STOMP in Gray please ....

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/49953412847_2b00ad5698_h.jpg
View Quote
Where'd you get the gray holster?

My PC and original belt were in gray and I want a gray Safariland to re-set that belt.
Link Posted: 8/12/2020 12:20:46 PM EDT
[#48]
I have this rig from playing a cop in a couple movies.
It works so I'm using it.
Chest carrier for AR mags.

Link Posted: 8/12/2020 12:41:02 PM EDT
[#49]
I'd pick belt over carrier if for no other reason than the dump pouch But get both.

Quoted:
I currently do not have a high speed battle belt

Mainly because I can't decide if I want the HSGI slimgrip or the Grey ghost.

I do have a few duty belts setup. 1 Glock, 1 1911's
View Quote
I'm pretty low speed here, but for what it's worth I like the grey ghost.

'Scuse the pistol mag holsters, that was my first ever kydex attempt from a few weeks ago and it's getting replaced.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 8/12/2020 12:44:50 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Early May or late May?

I placed my order mid-July knowing full well, it'd be like ordering from the back of a comic book in the 70s, but that sounds more like 9-12 weeks than 6-8.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
My Warrior Poet(Blue Alpha)  belt finally arrived. I've been waiting since May.

Now I need to figure out the best way to set it up.

Early May or late May?

I placed my order mid-July knowing full well, it'd be like ordering from the back of a comic book in the 70s, but that sounds more like 9-12 weeks than 6-8.

I just checked - placed my order in June. Any day now, I'm sure!
Page / 31
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top