BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 5
Link Posted: 7/13/2020 1:56:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Patients are being actively enrolled now. Spike protein monoclonal antibody is being actively tested in both infected as a cure and non-infected patients as prevention.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
What happened to all the vaccines that were supposedly being produced? For a few weeks I was reading about them every day or two. The last few weeks I don't think I've seen one story on them.

Patients are being actively enrolled now. Spike protein monoclonal antibody is being actively tested in both infected as a cure and non-infected patients as prevention.

its too bad that the S-1 spike protein they chase around is the same protein spike on a lot of other conorna virus's that just cause common colds and flu.

this whole antibody testing is a bunch of crap, its not specific to  SARS Cov2
Link Posted: 7/13/2020 2:06:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Umm, I don't know where you're getting your information from, but that is most certainly the case.

But one example from Google: https://justthenews.com/politics-policy/coronavirus/virginia-begin-double-counting-positive-coronavirus-cases
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, it fucking doesn't - unless they're using multiple identities

Positive cases are submitted to the state health departments with identifying information.

The shit some of you come up with is mind boggling.

Umm, I don't know where you're getting your information from, but that is most certainly the case.

But one example from Google: https://justthenews.com/politics-policy/coronavirus/virginia-begin-double-counting-positive-coronavirus-cases

He thinks he is the resident expert on coronavirus.  

Fact:  In the state of Ohio people that have been tested multiple times count as more than one case.  
Link Posted: 7/13/2020 2:11:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I believe the state is trying to do this. But when a person can go to a pop-up tent, a TXMedClinic, then CVS, I don't believe the state is nearly efficient enough to sort and consolidate all of these. There are just too many testing facilities now, with too many people wanting to have the highest number of cases possible.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

?      Your position is not accurate.

Yes, it is. At least here in Texas, multiple tests on the same individual are not counted as separate cases.

I believe the state is trying to do this. But when a person can go to a pop-up tent, a TXMedClinic, then CVS, I don't believe the state is nearly efficient enough to sort and consolidate all of these. There are just too many testing facilities now, with too many people wanting to have the highest number of cases possible.

We have a winner.
Link Posted: 7/13/2020 2:26:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

That is what Fauci and the other "experts" were telling Trump early on.

Starting on Sunday, Trump began touting a scary figure that his staff had shared with him as it created models to judge the outcome of the coronavirus pandemic  2.2 million deaths.
https://www.politico.com/news/2020/04/01/trump-coronavirus-millions-saved-160814

At 5.7%, the US currently has the world's highest death rate for the new coronavirus, compared with a global average of 3.4%.
https://www.businessinsider.com/us-worlds-highest-coronavirus-death-rate-limited-testing-2020-3
View Quote

A few thoughts;

1. The absolute worst case, taking ZERO precautions, 2.2 million might die. The absolute worst case scenario. No one thought we were going to do nothing about it so did you really think that many were going to die? This is somehow evidence of what?

2. The second article did not ‘predict’ a death rate of 5%. It states right up front that number was expected to go down.

Maybe I am reading into things but I took your post as a ‘they said the sky is falling and all their stats turned out to be bs’.
Link Posted: 7/13/2020 2:29:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I want to know what percent have been tested
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/13/2020 2:34:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Actually, yes.
View Quote

I'm certainly not seeing rampant serial testing.  The only time we retest in the hospital is prior to discharge IF they're going back to a facility not set up to take positive cases

Quoted:

View Quote

What he described is what happens locally.  All positives are run through the county health department and they're running the numbers to the state health department.
Link Posted: 7/13/2020 2:37:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

They are. For example, before a Covid patient can be discharged from hospital to nursing home, they must have 2 negative tests in a row. Had a guy stay in icu without symptoms for about 43 days. That’s 43 positives in one man. Btw, 85 and beat it.
View Quote

That sounds real retarded.  We don't do discharge covids until we're near discharge AND they are labeled as discharge SARS/Covid and not included in the positive data given to health department
Link Posted: 7/13/2020 2:38:47 PM EDT
[#8]
All I really care about is that the nothing burgers have shut their nonsense up. There is no dispute at this point the Rona is worse than the flu.  Killed more folks and more have and will be contracting it.  

Link Posted: 7/13/2020 2:39:24 PM EDT
[#9]
Generally during any given large respiratory infection we would expect even on a pandemic level for only 1% -3% of the population to actively be infected at any given time.  

Source...manufacture antigen and antibody tests.
Link Posted: 7/13/2020 2:40:44 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Yes, it is. At least here in Texas, multiple tests on the same individual are not counted as separate cases.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Same in Wa.

Source: I test people daily and report to doh.
Link Posted: 7/13/2020 2:42:31 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
All I really care about is that the nothing burgers have shut their nonsense up. There is no dispute at this point the Rona is worse than the flu.  Killed more folks and more have and will be contracting it.  

View Quote

It’s still just the flu on steroids
Like I always said
Link Posted: 7/13/2020 2:44:52 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Same in Wa.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Same in Wa.

Our current testing platform with telemedicine, Corp health, government health agencies makes sure to put the data as positive tests and positive patients in different categories.  So when testing for active infection on someone we Know is positive and hope to release may report as a new positive test but not a new positive case.
Link Posted: 7/13/2020 2:45:46 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
All I really care about is that the maskers have shut their nonsense up. There is no dispute at this point the Rona is just the flu.  

View Quote

fixed that for ya.

the one good side to the rona.....nobody gets the flu anymore.
Link Posted: 7/13/2020 2:46:11 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
LoL.  You should not speak on things you know nothing about.  It takes a minimum of two negative swabs to come back to work in the ER here if you test positive.  So a positive swab means you are gong to be swabbed a minimum of 3 times, and get antigen testing.
View Quote

<-- Pulmonary Physician.  I'm on our Hospital COVID task force.  But yeah I'm speaking about things I don't know.  it's 50/50 on which facility is using which

There are 2 options on HCW return to work. CDC recs are.  

Symptom-based strategy:
• At least 3 days (72 hours) have passed since recovery defined as resolution of fever without the use of fever-reducing medications and improvement in respiratory symptoms (e.g., cough, shortness of breath); and,
• At least 10 days have passed since symptoms first appeared.

Test-based strategy:
• Resolution of fever without the use of fever-reducing medications, and;
• Improvement in respiratory symptoms (e.g., cough, shortness of breath), and;
• Negative results of an FDA EUA COVID-19 molecular assay for detection of SARS-CoV-2 from
at least two consecutive respiratory specimens collected at least 24 hours apart (total of two negative specimens).
Link Posted: 7/13/2020 2:47:58 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
What happened to all the vaccines that were supposedly being produced? For a few weeks I was reading about them every day or two. The last few weeks I don't think I've seen one story on them.
View Quote

I doubt there will be a working vaccine in the very near future.  IF this vaccine company pulls it off (someone correct me, but I don't think this main company has ever produced a working vaccine based off their technique, Moderna)  it will be a game changer
Link Posted: 7/13/2020 2:48:13 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Are you familiar with the local new in Austin, about the clinic that had tested thousands. ?  Some with positive results got scared and went to a hospital.  Were all negative...  Do you belive they pulled all those positive results or just left them for dramatic effect. ?  Honesty curious
Link Posted: 7/13/2020 2:49:45 PM EDT
[#17]
Since this all happened during the peak of regular cold and flu season, how did the covid lockdown affect the regular season?
Link Posted: 7/13/2020 2:51:19 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 7/13/2020 2:53:13 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote

I dispute it, based on disability age life years metric. Basically losing an infant is far worse than the elderly. Since seasonal flu kills the old and young but covid is basically meaningless if you're under 45, flu is worse for society. I know some people think all life is equal, but I put kids above those that already have one foot in the grave.
Link Posted: 7/13/2020 2:55:32 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
For perspective, plain old tuberculosis is a lower respiratory disease that's spread by aerosols. It kills around 1.5M every year, roughly 50% of the world is infected, ~90% of cases are asymptomatic, it's highly resistant to antibiotics, and nobody outside the specialized medical community cares in the slightest.
View Quote

It's easy to treat as long as it isn't MDR/XDR, it takes years to develop active disease.  It is basically a 3rd world disease.  Ive worked TB clinics in the US and very few cases of active TB are Americans.
Link Posted: 7/13/2020 2:55:39 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I dispute it, based on disability age life years metric. Basically losing an infant is far worse than the elderly. Since seasonal flu kills the old and young but covid is basically meaningless if you're under 45, flu is worse for society. I know some people think all life is equal, but I put kids above those that already have one foot in the grave.
View Quote

Right so how come all those folks in their 30's are getting fucked up by this non starter virus then ?  

Clearly its hitting people under the age of 40 pretty damned hard
Link Posted: 7/13/2020 2:58:34 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Right so how come all those folks in their 30's are getting fucked up by this non starter virus then ?  

View Quote

How many under 45 deaths again? The media is basically reporting every single one to keep pumping their narrative. Yes, the far end of the bell curve exists but don't cherry pick data points.
Link Posted: 7/13/2020 3:00:13 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Yeah Cause people are rampantly getting retested.
View Quote

Many employers require 2 negative tests before someone who was positive can return to work.
Link Posted: 7/13/2020 3:02:59 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

If that's your attitude, why don't you go out and find a COVID-positive person to infect you. Get it over with.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lol, why? Unless you're an 80 year old diabetic with heart and lungs issues your chances of dying are about the same as getting in a fatal car wreck.

You do know about 70% of the population is going to eventually get it right? All we're doing is stretching it out the anxiety to infinity.

If that's your attitude, why don't you go out and find a COVID-positive person to infect you. Get it over with.

Is he wrong though?
Link Posted: 7/13/2020 3:03:05 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Are you familiar with the local new in Austin, about the clinic that had tested thousands. ?  Some with positive results got scared and went to a hospital.  Were all negative...  Do you belive they pulled all those positive results or just left them for dramatic effect. ?  Honesty curious
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What story was that?  We’re they the tests that basically 100% of them came back positive no matter what die to how the antigen and buffer reacted?
Link Posted: 7/13/2020 3:05:14 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote

I think there is something to be said about testing issues, there have been several reports or contaminated testing kits or defective. The amount of tests being pumped out at a fast rate, I would not be surprised if it happens. But how frequently? I can't guess
Link Posted: 7/13/2020 3:06:47 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
How many of those "cases" are asymptomatic?

Around here they are begging everyone to get tested.  In fact they are specifically asking people with no symptoms to get tested.
View Quote

Hopefully a lot, and hopefully they isolate themselves after they find out to limit the spread.  I doubt it, when this first started I had a case that drove from an urgent care to the ER with a positive that decided to stop for some fast food.
Link Posted: 7/13/2020 3:07:50 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote

I know someone that told me they were going back for their 3rd test, prior 2 were positive.

And they're essentially free now so why not?
Link Posted: 7/13/2020 3:08:00 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

42 million tests have been performed.   Who knows how many have been tested multiple times or got sick later long after being tested.
View Quote
And therein lies the problem, it isn't a one to one. Most, like me, never tested, other people tested more than once. You can be tested 10 times negative and catch it tomorrow, that is why I only look at hospitalizations, ICU and deaths. Even thinking of dropping hospitalizations now too as people who are now going in for elective non-urgent surgeries like colonoscopies who are subsequently tested and are positive for Covid get counted as a Covid hospitalization.
Link Posted: 7/13/2020 3:10:51 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

I think there is something to be said about testing issues, there have been several reports or contaminated testing kits or defective. The amount of tests being pumped out at a fast rate, I would not be surprised if it happens. But how frequently? I can't guess
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

There was one company that had corrupted transport vials (3.1 million sold of them) and there was a company that basically was 100% positive rate.  Other errors are people not understanding amount of whole blood needed (why we tell people to use the fucking proper places and not these god damn doc in a box), and when or how certain tests should be utilized.

Testing throughput is also an obstacle on antigen, i think each of our ThermoFisher Machines run 368 tests/100 minutes and it’s just a drop in the bucket of the demand.  Lab Corp and quest pushing swab results out 14 days now.
Link Posted: 7/13/2020 3:11:37 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
And therein lies the problem, it isn't a one to one. Most, like me, never tested, other people tested more than once. You can be tested 10 times negative and catch it tomorrow, that is why I only look at hospitalizations, ICU and deaths. Even thinking of dropping hospitalizations now too as people who are now going in for elective non-urgent surgeries like colonoscopies who are subsequently tested and are positive for Covid get counted as a Covid hospitalization.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

42 million tests have been performed.   Who knows how many have been tested multiple times or got sick later long after being tested.

We have some employers testing employees weekly.
Link Posted: 7/13/2020 3:12:02 PM EDT
[#32]
Beginners Numbers.  My county is right at 2% and to date we have had 1 death.  Honestly I even question the 2% given the number of people I personally know that have tested possessive.  I would wag it is about 25% of the families that I personally deal with.  Neighbor, son's best friends family, one of my wife's best friends family, one of my God Children's family,  2 of about 4 4 on our Church's music ministry (my wife is one of the 4, and I set up for them).

About the only people I know that have not are direct family, one other neighbor, and 3 other friends of my wife.
---
And I am running the local primary runoff election tomorrow - in person.  By law masks are not required.   Plus I have the county "virtual" state republican convention for 3 days this weekend.  If I don't have antibodies I will soon.
Link Posted: 7/13/2020 3:13:15 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My buddy was mid-40s, no underlying issues, and he came a cunt hair away from dying from it.

I think this is the new flu, we aren’t going to get rid of it. And the antibody studies don’t look good right now. And it’s already killed twice the number that die from the common flu during a ‘highly severe’ flu season. And we haven’t even had flu season with it yet.
Link Posted: 7/13/2020 3:15:09 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Even a tiny fraction of a percent of a large number is still substantial from a "we can make scary news from this" perspective.

3,000,000 cases x .0002 is still 600

For example, in the 2017-2018 flu season, there were 172 deaths of children attributed to flu.  If we hyper focused on those deaths do you think it would be possible to scare people about something that previously never registered on their radar?  I think so.

I'm not saying there aren't serious cases of it and it hasn't impacted people that historically weren't by "the flu", but I think perception of an event can be greatly influenced by how it's reported or positioned.  Same for statistics.  You can massage things to support just about whatever position you want to, particularly if you have some supporting positioning.
Link Posted: 7/13/2020 3:16:49 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Dont forget, if a single person is tested postive fives times, that counts as five cases.  Not one case.

They are, dead cells are showing up. My wife is a NP, this one nurse can't go back to work until she has three neg in a row, all a week apart, twice shes had two - and then tests +. This has been going on for 6 weeks and she's tested positive 4 times since her first.
Link Posted: 7/13/2020 3:17:33 PM EDT
[#36]
CDC estimates that 40% of those 3.3 million covid positive show zero signs of illness.  
Link Posted: 7/13/2020 3:20:57 PM EDT
[#37]
you know 1% does not bode well for the "herd immunity crowd" right?

65%+ of population needs it for the ole herd aspect to play out.

start running numbers and revisit.
Link Posted: 7/13/2020 3:31:42 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

All that’s required for return to work here is 14 days from a positive test.   No mandated testing upon return to work at the hospital.  

View Quote

It's 10 days here, so long as no symptoms in the last 3.
Link Posted: 7/13/2020 3:31:51 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

I doubt there will be a working vaccine in the very near future.  IF this vaccine company pulls it off (someone correct me, but I don't think this main company has ever produced a working vaccine based off their technique, Moderna)  it will be a game changer
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's not just Moderna. Phizer is right in step with them if not ahead now as they have already starting FDA fast track approval when it's ready. Astrazeneca is another that is fairly far along in the race. India is claiming they will be vaccinating their population by AUGUST 15 with something, not sure what but wouldn't want to be one of those Guinea pigs. Lastly there is a China company that has started phase 3 trials but fuck those motherfuckers.
Link Posted: 7/13/2020 3:33:06 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

My buddy was mid-40s, no underlying issues, and he came a cunt hair away from dying from it.

I think this is the new flu, we aren’t going to get rid of it. And the antibody studies don’t look good right now. And it’s already killed twice the number that die from the common flu during a ‘highly severe’ flu season. And we haven’t even had flu season with it yet.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

My wife is aware of three patients under 50 that came through the ED of her (small, rural) hospital that later died.  These have been in the last 60 days.   She’s spent many hours on the phone with the ID docs discussing management of those that have recovered and later returned because of lingering pulmonary and cardiac issues.  One developed encephalitis and has severe cognition issues as a result.  The disconnect between the severity of what she’s personally seen and those that keep saying “it’s just the flu” is just staggering.  

Link Posted: 7/13/2020 3:36:49 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

All that’s required for return to work here is 14 days from a positive test.   No mandated testing upon return to work at the hospital.  

The “no symptoms in the preceding 72-hours” is also part of the local requirement, and I’m betting they move to 10 days soon.   They’re getting short on providers.  

Link Posted: 7/13/2020 3:36:53 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

It's not just Moderna. Phizer is right in step with them if not ahead now as they have already starting FDA fast track approval when it's ready. Astrazeneca is another that is fairly far along in the race. India is claiming they will be vaccinating their population by AUGUST 15 with something, not sure what but wouldn't want to be one of those Guinea pigs. Lastly there is a China company that has started phase 3 trials but fuck those motherfuckers.
View Quote

How many movies started this way?
Link Posted: 7/13/2020 3:37:10 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/covid19/excess_deaths.htm

That's all cause mortality with the past three years for comparison. Note that there's a reporting delay, so the more recent weeks are likely incomplete. Interpret it as you will.
View Quote
Wow, looks like a huge die off (nursing homes?) in the first couple of weeks of it actually killing people
Link Posted: 7/13/2020 3:38:51 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

The US does that on its Visa process.
View Quote

When my family was getting our green cards we were tested for TB and all came back positive, because we were from the UK where you get TB shots and so of course the antibodies are in us and show up in testing.
Link Posted: 7/13/2020 3:41:43 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

They are, dead cells are showing up. My wife is a NP, this one nurse can't go back to work until she has three neg in a row, all a week apart, twice shes had two - and then tests +. This has been going on for 6 weeks and she's tested positive 4 times since her first.
View Quote

What tests are they running?
Link Posted: 7/13/2020 3:43:11 PM EDT
[#46]
For people who have had Corona and recovered, do you think there will need to be additional testing in the future to see if any permanent lung or other organ damage has been done?  Keep hearing that this damage is a distinct possibility but I don't know that we have planned for this type of testing yet as we are still at the testing for the disease itself stage.
Link Posted: 7/13/2020 3:44:49 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Boy wait until you see the side effects of one of the new options that they’re hopefully reworking.  Not being cheeky but the description was “Long term untreatable allergic reactions in a minority of test subjects” fortunately i believe it was still in animal testing.
Link Posted: 7/13/2020 3:47:12 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
I want to know what percent have been tested
View Quote

As of today 40M tests run.

So, 1 in ten Americans have been tested. Of those, one in ten have it.

This does not take into account the fact that many of those tests and positive results are retests of the same people to see if the virus is gone.
Link Posted: 7/13/2020 3:49:02 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Since you're in Texas, no. Personally identifying information is submitted with every test and the state is not counting them as separate.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I’ve wondered about the multiple tests on the same person.  Especially if different testing centers are reporting the results.

Since you're in Texas, no. Personally identifying information is submitted with every test and the state is not counting them as separate.

Why is the health department recommending people get retested?
Link Posted: 7/13/2020 3:51:57 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Let this sink in.....US population around 330 million.........
Total number of Covid 19 cases so far in the US 3.3 million.

That means only 1% of the population has tested positive for Covid 19.
Make what you want of it . ??
View Quote

Yep, destroy the economy over 1%. This whole thing is a bunch of fake bullshit.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top