Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 7/11/2020 8:14:30 AM EDT
[#1]
For me, it's the magazines. The best big retailer magazine. I even ask for extra magazines and the staff is so friendly and more than willing to oblige.
One time I asked for magaziness and they gave me three. I said, "Wow, three for free!" and the nice friendly Brownell’s worker laughed and said, "I'm going to call you 3-for-free!".
Now the staff greets me with "hey it's 3-for-free!" and ALWAYS give me three magazines. It's such a fun and cool atmosphere at Brownell’s, I go there at least 3 times a week for magazines, 1-2 times for ammo on the weekend, and maybe once for free stickers when I'm in a rush but want a great magazine that is affordable, fast, and can match my daily operational needs.
I even dip my magazines in Brownell’s oil, it's awesome! What a great retailer.
Link Posted: 7/11/2020 8:14:42 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/11/2020 8:17:15 AM EDT
[#3]
This is what they sent my bolt in.
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 7/11/2020 8:28:06 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/11/2020 8:32:18 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
@BSOG1 Please IM me your order number and email me pics of the damage at [email protected] and I'll see what I can do to make it right.
View Quote

Screen name, join date, post count.
Link Posted: 7/11/2020 8:54:53 AM EDT
[#6]
I never buy there because its always cheaper elsewhere and their website sucks donkey balls.
Link Posted: 7/11/2020 9:14:26 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
@BSOG1 Please IM me your order number and email me pics of the damage at [email protected] and I'll see what I can do to make it right.

I think it’s legit, isn’t this an industry symbol?  They post in the industry section. There is another Brownell’s account too I think.  

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/11/2020 9:31:42 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Yep, their site is like navigating DU. Type one letter into the search box and you get pop-ups no end. It's easily the most aggravating gun parts site on the web.

Brownells laughs at my pop-up blocker.  
View Quote

@1srelluc what browser are you using?  I use Chrome and DuckDuckGo and get zero pop-ups.
Link Posted: 7/11/2020 9:48:19 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
If I need something Brownells is the Last place I will buy from, only if no one else has what I need.
View Quote

This. I buy from MidwayUSA instead. Good website and fast shipping. I had a bunch of 1911 parts I split between Brownells and Midway. Worked out Midway didnt have a couple of key parts I needed.
I had the Midway order and installing the parts before I received a shipping notification from Brownells.

The damned website is a fucking example of how not to build a commerce site.
Link Posted: 7/11/2020 10:06:13 AM EDT
[#10]
Pictures?

I'm curious that's all

Link Posted: 7/11/2020 10:08:18 AM EDT
[#11]
Well COVID is the excuse every other place uses to be super shitty now.

So COVID!
Link Posted: 7/11/2020 10:16:50 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Brownells is the Amazon of the gun world. They have almost everything but you’re sure to get fucked over somehow if you order from them.

Places like Primary Arms and SG take care of you so there’s not a problem in the fire place.
View Quote

At least Amazon's web site works and is newer than 1996.
I rarely by from Brownell's purely because the web site sucks for finding anything. It's as bad as DU.

ETA: I see I'm not the only one.
Link Posted: 7/11/2020 10:24:51 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I think it's legit, isn't this an industry symbol?  They post in the industry section. There is another Brownell's account too I think.  

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/473532/8E437BE4-7FC0-43B6-B8EB-40162FFC2B4B_jpe-1498911.JPG
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think it's legit, isn't this an industry symbol?  They post in the industry section. There is another Brownell's account too I think.  

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/473532/8E437BE4-7FC0-43B6-B8EB-40162FFC2B4B_jpe-1498911.JPG
Link Posted: 7/11/2020 10:25:19 AM EDT
[#14]
if i put a customer on hold, for two hours... id be fired. and we are a small Company in HVAC. my Boss isnt buying Arfcom.
if we ship parts in bags, id be fired. if my guys pack them like shit i get hammered. and thats a ten dollar limit switch. not a 240 dollar so called
Colt upper. this is for a build i been waiting five years to complete. waited for the Knights front sight that long. let me get the Colt upper, do it right....

i didnt want to post it here. but being on hold for two fkn hours....trying to work with a phone in my hand.
when the girl finally answered, it got disconnected... i almost threw the phone across the warehouse. i always thought of Brownells as the big boys in the industry.
now i dont know what to think. i been in the game since 1987.
Link Posted: 7/11/2020 10:25:46 AM EDT
[#15]
I don't understand how you guys have all these problems finding and ordering on Brownell's website.  How is it that much different than any others?  I've never had a problem finding what I'm looking for, and there are enough filters to narrow it down.  Last order I placed with them was a barrel for my recent rifle project.  It was easy to find, and shipped within 24hrs.  

Like I said to 1serelluc, I use Chrome and DuckDuckGo, (with Bitdefender as my antivirus) and I don't get any pop-ups on their site at all.  

Link Posted: 7/11/2020 10:32:07 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 7/11/2020 10:34:58 AM EDT
[#17]
They spent all of their money buying us.

Now they can't afford quality packing materials. It's our fault.
Link Posted: 7/11/2020 10:40:15 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 7/11/2020 10:45:49 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 7/11/2020 10:47:17 AM EDT
[#20]
i get that. but if your that busy, bring in the workers and let them take off when it slows down. make hay when the sun shines...or hire a few more.
two hours on hold was ridiculous. in a business sense i lost more money then the upper was worth.

Link Posted: 7/11/2020 10:48:48 AM EDT
[#21]
scratches are on the back edge of receiever. should i send it back for exchange ? i have to go to work in ten minutes.
i appreciate it your help. if it was a 40 dollar upper i wouldnt care. but it was 240

Quoted:
Thanks for posting pics of the packaging--can you please take some pictures of the scratches you mentioned?
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/11/2020 10:53:16 AM EDT
[#22]
A lot of haters on here.  I've never had any issues with any Brownells orders and I've been ordering from them for decades.  If I ever did have an issue I'd would send an email or call them, not bitch on an internet forum.
Link Posted: 7/11/2020 10:53:33 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 7/11/2020 10:53:59 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 7/11/2020 10:54:31 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
scratches are on the back edge of receiever. should i send it back for exchange ? i have to go to work in ten minutes.
i appreciate it your help. if it was a 40 dollar upper i wouldnt care. but it was 240

View Quote

Provide a picture with the scratches as they are not visible in the photo you posted.
Link Posted: 7/11/2020 10:55:54 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 7/11/2020 10:57:09 AM EDT
[#27]
damage or not, it was shipped in a plastic bag , stand by, ill forward you my order. the shipping was listed as ''economy'' LOL

Quoted:
Please send me the pics of the damage and an IM with your order number so I can show customer service and get a replacement set up for you.  

View Quote

Link Posted: 7/11/2020 11:00:01 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 7/11/2020 11:00:46 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
damage or not, it was shipped in a plastic bag , stand by, ill forward you my order. the shipping was listed as ''economy'' LOL

View Quote

Damage or not?  So is their even any damage or are you pissed that it was shipped in a plastic bag?  

Drama Queen!
Link Posted: 7/11/2020 11:04:34 AM EDT
[#30]
I’ve never had any issues with Brownells. Ordered quite a bit from them and everything arrived fine and in a timely manner, for the most part.  One of my last orders took a little longer, but I dont think it was Brownells.  It was the carrier.  I watched the tracking and it arrived in Jacksonville I believe, then was shipped to Memphis. The package took an extra 2 day trip around the southeast for some unknown reason.
Link Posted: 7/11/2020 11:05:08 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 7/11/2020 11:05:32 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
A lot of haters on here.  I've never had any issues with any Brownells orders and I've been ordering from them for decades.  If I ever did have an issue I'd would send an email or call them, not bitch on an internet forum.
View Quote

This right here,  I send an email or call and they make me happy 100% of the time.  

Pro tip here for the millenials and the poors complaining about getting merch shipped in a bag,  BUY more than one item seriously my stuff comes in a box.
Link Posted: 7/11/2020 11:07:28 AM EDT
[#33]
Brownells always is the best for small parts
Link Posted: 7/11/2020 11:09:42 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I get the shock of seeing something shipped in a plastic bag if you believe it warrants something more.  I feel the same, no matter who I order from.      

I need to see the pictures of damage before I can get a replacement sent out.  Take your time if you're off to work; nothing will be able to be done until Monday at the earliest, anyways.  I'm just trying to make sure you're not left hanging with a problem and no answer over the weekend.

Most importantly, what I failed to say in my first response of this thread, is THANK YOU for choosing us.  I'm working to make sure you're happy and made whole.
View Quote
Now bring back the free shipping codes with $X off of $Y purchase!
Link Posted: 7/11/2020 11:11:55 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 7/11/2020 11:12:36 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote

Last time I ordered a detent spring, they sent me a 12”x24”x24” box filled with peanuts and this taped to the top

Link Posted: 7/11/2020 11:14:08 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
then i was on hold for two hours... dudes, if i put a customer on hold for two minutes where i work, my Boss would kill us.
be long fired.
View Quote

Well but sexlines make money per minute so you gotta get on it.
Link Posted: 7/11/2020 11:15:06 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote

There is always at least a $10 off code floating around.  Haven't seen any good codes for a while, but why would there be in this current environment of everything being purchased?
Link Posted: 7/11/2020 11:15:06 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/11/2020 11:16:12 AM EDT
[#40]
So Brownells offered to make right, but OP still hasn't produced pics of damage and is still yelling at the clouds and grandstanding?
Link Posted: 7/11/2020 11:18:26 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 7/11/2020 11:18:53 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 7/11/2020 11:19:27 AM EDT
[#43]
i did buy more then one item , look at picture. a 90 dollar charging handle. im far from a millenial. i been in the game since 1987. do the math...
i have pic of scratch down to metal ill post later and forward my order to the brownells guy.... im at work, cant do much until later.

Quoted:

This right here,  I send an email or call and they make me happy 100% of the time.  

Pro tip here for the millenials and the poors complaining about getting merch shipped in a bag,  BUY more than one item seriously my stuff comes in a box.
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/11/2020 11:21:54 AM EDT
[#44]

Wait, not a full upper?  Just a receiver?  A bag is fine. WTF do you want it shipped in?

I'd be interested in seeing the damage.
Link Posted: 7/11/2020 11:23:08 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Maybe it’s catching?

I placed a order for .22LR target ammo from Midway—12 50 round boxes.  The morons didn’t assemble the shipping box properly, so it was open by the time it was delivered one single box of 50 made it, 11 boxes are out there.....somewhere.....

No more Midway for me.  90’ waiting on hold on to get some knucklehead who couldn’t access the pictures I email of the damaged box & missing ammo, so they’ll look into it....They credited me the shipping & missing ammo.

I placed an order for target ammo with our Brownwellian overlords & they screwed up the packing as well....nothing like getting $20 boxes of ammo & having to repack them because the ammo is spilled lose in a packing box.

SGAmmo & Bone Frog wrap boxes in Saran Wrap like packing wrap to prevent spilling ammo & damaged stuff.

I prefer to buy from folks with an a packing IQ above room temp, like Brownell’s & Midway, but they didn’t have super-douper target ammo.
View Quote

I've been in warehousing 20+ years. One of my former supervisors once told me "package it the way that you'd want to get it". Stuck with me ever since.
Link Posted: 7/11/2020 11:24:05 AM EDT
[#46]
311 bucks worth of stuff shipped in a bag. maybe damage is ok to some of you guys. i dont care if its a handling mark caused by not so great shipping method.
Link Posted: 7/11/2020 11:24:08 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View Quote

You spelt Midwest Gun Works wrong.  The biggest plus is MGW doesn’t use the stupid UPS post office shipping combo that takes three weeks to get lost.
Link Posted: 7/11/2020 11:25:03 AM EDT
[#48]
a fkn box bro... my item, my money my rules if you want to be a dick about it...

Quoted:

Wait, not a full upper?  Just a receiver?  A bag is fine. WTF do you want it shipped in?

I'd be interested in seeing the damage.
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/11/2020 11:25:45 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

There is always at least a $10 off code floating around.  Haven't seen any good codes for a while, but why would there be in this current environment of everything being purchased?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They changed something about 6-8 months ago.  The free shipping codes mostly disappeared, prices went up, restrictions on using codes on certain brands started appearing.  It's been really hard to shop with them since.

I'd pull up my order history to post some numbers, but it looks like their site is being DDOS'd right now.  Front page wont even load.
Link Posted: 7/11/2020 11:25:48 AM EDT
[#50]
THIS, thanks
same here, warehousing, shipping and receiving for 36 years

Quoted:

I've been in warehousing 20+ years. One of my former supervisors once told me "package it the way that you'd want to get it". Stuck with me ever since.
View Quote

Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top