Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/18/2001 7:14:45 PM EDT
than for other people. I can sleep with a woman and not see or talk with her for two or three days and when I do see her again its like I just saw her a few hours ago. Of course, she generally doesn't feel the same way. Does anybody understand what I'm saying? Is this natural?
Link Posted: 5/18/2001 7:17:15 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't know what the hell you're talking about.

[>:/]
Link Posted: 5/18/2001 7:18:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Days go by like hours, weeks go by like days, and months go by like weeks around here. I can not see her for two weeks and it feels like only yesterday. [:)]
Link Posted: 5/18/2001 7:20:20 PM EDT
[#3]
[(:|)]  [(:|)]  [(:|)]  [(:|)]  No, we have no idea, earthling.

-RoadDog
Link Posted: 5/18/2001 7:21:53 PM EDT
[#4]
man, school out in 2 weeks. i cant freaking stand it. every day feels like the last, and when i find out its not, it really sucks ass.

BTW i have no idea ATF your talking about.
Link Posted: 5/18/2001 7:22:33 PM EDT
[#5]
[:P] [:P] [:P] [:P] [:P] [:P] [:P] [:P] [:P] [:P]

Link Posted: 5/18/2001 7:23:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Very common when you are inhaling the smoke of the cannibis. I'd suggest getting off the "dope" as soon as possible, to avoid any long term memory loss. Besides This consultation is not confidential, so I must inform a enforcing agent right away!  [;)]
Link Posted: 5/18/2001 7:29:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Yea,same for me......
I have'nt talked to any of my friends in two weeks......
When I do it will seem like we had just gotten
together a few days before...
Link Posted: 5/18/2001 7:33:13 PM EDT
[#8]
No, I'm not high. Maybe I worded it wrong. Let's see, mmmm, the woman I got is not the woman I want. She's a nice lady but she likes me A LOT more than I like her. I'M not looking for a long term relationship but every once in a while is fine. Remember, when it comes to sex, women need a reason, men only need a place.
Link Posted: 5/18/2001 7:48:20 PM EDT
[#9]
[(:|)]  [(:|)]  [(:|)]  [(:|)]  We still have no idea what you are talking about, earthling.

-RoadDog
Link Posted: 5/18/2001 7:53:17 PM EDT
[#10]
 [?]
Link Posted: 5/18/2001 8:54:52 PM EDT
[#11]
ALL YOUR SENSE OF TIME ARE BELONG TO US.
Link Posted: 5/18/2001 9:39:07 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
No, I'm not high. Maybe I worded it wrong. Let's see, mmmm, the woman I got is not the woman I want. She's a nice lady but she likes me A LOT more than I like her. I'M not looking for a long term relationship but every once in a while is fine. Remember, when it comes to sex, women need a reason, men only need a place.
View Quote

Tell this woman how you feel. Be honest and tell her its a "every now and then thing" for you. Kinda like a sexbuddy , if she's not with it ..... leave her alone so that she can seek happiness and you do the same. Good luck Brother.  --Rooster
Link Posted: 5/18/2001 9:40:54 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 5/18/2001 9:45:40 PM EDT
[#14]
Does this have to do with Starfleet regulations as in the Wrath of Kahn? The "hours would seem like days" thing and not broadcasting uncoded transmissions when the enemy might be monitoring?

Why do you trekkies take that damn series so seriously? You people piss me off just as much as those failed dot com goatee heads that infest starbucks.
Link Posted: 5/18/2001 10:02:57 PM EDT
[#15]
No Imbroglio, no star trek crap. Just a situation I have going. I think I confused it/her by sleeping with her. If she left tomorrow, forever, it wouldn't bother me much but, if I left tomorrow, forever, I think it would hurt her deeply. How do ya tell someone that?

Imbroglio, I don't expect you to have an answer. [:)]
Link Posted: 5/18/2001 10:09:11 PM EDT
[#16]
thinking with your wrong head
Link Posted: 5/18/2001 10:15:25 PM EDT
[#17]
Tell her how you feel in a way that will hurt her feelings as little as possible.

[i] After [/i] you nail her one last time and take note of [i] every second! [/i] [}:D]
Link Posted: 5/18/2001 10:18:49 PM EDT
[#18]
Some woman loves you enough to want to have sex with you, you screw and now you just want to dump her. That is really nice of you. Why in the hell did you sleep with her in the first place if you didn't love her?

Here I am stuck with nothing for YEARS yet you throw women away like pieces of trash.

Damn people really piss me off these days.
Link Posted: 5/18/2001 10:40:09 PM EDT
[#19]
As Pete Townsend once wrote in a song [b]"Tell me friend.....why do you stand aloof from your onw heart?"[/b]

Yes, I understand completely.

What you are saying is that with this relationship, such as it is, or with any other normal life event that would typically have most people very excited and enthusiastic you are rather melancholy instead.

The time, having passed you by, leaves you feeling as though you have not really experienced any perceivable "loss" or separation from that person/event/situation etc etc.

You are trapped in an area devoid of any normality.  Your ex is a crazy selfish bitch, your kids are foremost in your mind and you and your body are simply going through the motions of life with very little real attachment.

You have not recently started taking any anti-depressants have you?

They can have that effect on a person in my own expereinces.

To tell the truth I have spent my entire life (adult mainly) exactly like you describe.

Win-lose, success-failure, happy-sad, horny-dead libido.............all the same as it ever was......same as it ever was....same as it ever was.....same..... as.... it..... ever...... was........

Right?
Link Posted: 5/18/2001 10:42:28 PM EDT
[#20]
Maybe thats your problem Imbroglio, you think you have to be in love to have sex. Man, you got a lot to learn.  

Link Posted: 5/18/2001 10:46:19 PM EDT
[#21]
X Kill-----You said it better than I and you don't even know me. All i've been doing lately is reacting, nothing pro-active. When will it go away? And BTW, no drugs and hardly any alcohol.
Link Posted: 5/18/2001 10:52:35 PM EDT
[#22]
Thats really deep... but what the hell does it have to do with AR-15??? [>:/]

Remember, this is the HOME OF THE AR-15 RIFLE not DR. LAURA'S.
Link Posted: 5/18/2001 10:55:37 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
X Kill-----You said it better than I and you don't even know me. All i've been doing lately is reacting, nothing pro-active. When will it go away? And BTW, no drugs and hardly any alcohol.
View Quote

Try the drugs.  Tell you doctor how you feel.  

Your life is passing you by................................
Link Posted: 5/18/2001 10:55:57 PM EDT
[#24]
I own one. And have shown great restraint in not using it unwisely.
Link Posted: 5/18/2001 11:10:49 PM EDT
[#25]
Well Rainman......for me it has, as I stated, always been a part of my life. At least from about the age of 17 up.

Have you always felt this way?

If not, when did it begin?

When I got divorced from my first wife.  She was certifiably bonkers BTW, i went deeply into the same feelings.

You could have burned my house................wait............the bitch took the house.............anyhow......you could have run over my dog in front of me and I'd ahve only said.....yep.......he was a good dog....to bad he's gone and that would have been the end.

My heart would have felt no real pain.

Suppressing the true feelings?  Maybe....maybe not.

Dulled by all of lifes bitches, ups and downs and of banging your ahead against the ever increasingly larger wall of insurmountable odds?

Probably so.

I think the recent torment in your life with the kids has really gotten under your skin to the point that the real you has kinda shut down and the new you, intent only on the preservation of self, has kinda taken over in a way.

It is hard to put real feelings into something.......like this woman for example...........when what you deem to be your world is in turmoil around you and you are basically helpless to affect any desired change upon it.

But, like all things in life that are on a cycle, I have always reconciled myself to the knowledge and fact that this to passes.

Don't question yourself or place blame on yourself for not being what you typically think of as right.

Ride with it, keep your head about yourself, take care of your kids, be a good Dad and do not allow yourself to go postal to any degree at all.

It may sound crazy but level headed thinking can be accomplished while in these doldrums.

I do it almost every single day and I still consdier myself to be a happy guy.

I have a gorgeous wife, a great step-son, nice home and nice truck..........no job.......but hey.........thats another story entirely.

It will pass.

If it does not then see your doctor and explain your feelings to him.

If he is worth his salt then he will be able to help you.

And, despite what you think I do know you quite well.

I think I have proven that already.
Link Posted: 5/18/2001 11:15:03 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Thats really deep... but what the hell does it have to do with AR-15??? [>:/]

Remember, this is the HOME OF THE AR-15 RIFLE not DR. LAURA'S.
View Quote

This is also general discussion forum and home of normal everyday folks with the same universal problems.[;)]

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top