Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 6/20/2020 7:26:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Ordered 6/11.  Shipped 6/16.  Arriving 6/22.  Was supposed to arrive today but USPS is a mess right now.  

All the bits and pieces are waiting.  Just need to decide if I want to use my chopped carry handle rear sight or the Troy folding battle sight...
View Quote

The cut carry handle. I got several of the Colt carry handles from the member that’s been selling them for $45, and cut most of them down. Makes the perfect RBUIS if you are co witnessing.
Link Posted: 6/21/2020 9:31:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Deleted
Link Posted: 6/21/2020 9:39:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

@Lorenzo300

You need to take the pics down. You weren’t given permission to use them and I don’t want to have anything to do with someone overcharging people for these barrels.

https://i.imgur.com/xBOXNYK.png
View Quote

I thought it would be the guy that bought 30.
Link Posted: 6/21/2020 9:47:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote

Haha, that was my first thought. This is the kind of sh** that makes me just not want to share deals or pics publicly. I’m just going to keep a list of members to reach out to in the future lol we saw the same thing with the Rem Socom barrels. We’re our worse enemy when it comes to price gouging.
Link Posted: 6/21/2020 9:50:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote

Here’s another. Trying to figure out who this is now. I’ve seen that carpet before lol ...https://www.gunbroker.com/item/872098247
Link Posted: 6/21/2020 9:58:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Here’s another. Trying to figure out who this is now. I’ve seen that carpet before lol ...https://www.gunbroker.com/item/872098247
View Quote

Looks like the pics on this listing were just removed actually.
Link Posted: 6/21/2020 10:05:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

@Lorenzo300

You need to take the pics down. You weren’t given permission to use them and I don’t want to have anything to do with someone overcharging people for these barrels.

https://i.imgur.com/xBOXNYK.png
View Quote

Balls.

That's fucked up.
Link Posted: 6/21/2020 10:06:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Still showing for me.
Link Posted: 6/21/2020 10:15:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Still showing for me.
View Quote

There was another user that had stole them that has since removed them. Lorenzo still has them up. He’s going to shit himself when I send him an invoice for the pics. I’ll give it until morning.
Link Posted: 6/21/2020 10:20:57 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

There was another user that had stole them that has since removed them. Lorenzo still has them up. He’s going to shit himself when I send him an invoice for the pics. I’ll give it until morning.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Still showing for me.

Yeah, the pics on the listing that you linked saying they were removed still show (with the gray/white rug).

Or did that listing have your pics as well? Maybe I wasn't tracking?
Link Posted: 6/21/2020 10:25:41 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Yeah, the pics on the listing that you linked saying they were removed still show (with the gray/white rug).

View Quote

There were 2 or 3 pictures that were taken from OP's first post. Those were the ones that were taken down in several minutes.
Link Posted: 6/21/2020 10:25:41 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yes, it had a mixture of my pics and I’m guessing pics that the user took himself (the pics with the rug). I’m not seeing my pics in the mix anymore though.
Link Posted: 6/21/2020 10:30:25 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

There were 2 or 3 pictures that were taken from OP's first post. Those were the ones that were taken down in several minutes.
View Quote

Quoted:

Yes, it had a mixture of my pics and I’m guessing pics that the user took himself (the pics with the rug). I’m not seeing my pics in the mix anymore though.
View Quote

Gotcha now.
Link Posted: 6/21/2020 10:48:36 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Haha, that was my first thought. This is the kind of sh** that makes me just not want to share deals or pics publicly. I’m just going to keep a list of members to reach out to in the future lol we saw the same thing with the Rem Socom barrels. We’re our worse enemy when it comes to price gouging.
View Quote

Man, that sucks. Usually I just pass it on and buy stuff I want to build. Glad the pictures got taken down
Link Posted: 6/21/2020 10:50:31 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote

Hey brother, do you still have a line on that Colt Canada furniture? If so send me a PM
Link Posted: 6/21/2020 11:00:32 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Hey brother, do you still have a line on that Colt Canada furniture? If so send me a PM
View Quote

One of the users took the pics down, but one still has them up. The one that took them down was only using a couple of them. The one that’s still has them up is 100% my pics other than one pic of the barrel in a sealed bag...

Yes, and as bad as I want to get it myself to do a C7 clone, I’ll get you in touch with the guy so that you can get it lol He’s a good guy. Has an account on here, but doesn’t get on much. I’ll reach out to him tomorrow. Send me a message sometime in the morning to remind me. He was asking $350 CDN plus shipping. If you have PayPal, you should be able to get an awesome exchange rate on that to bring it closer to $250 plus shipping. I don’t unfortunately, and got raped on the exchange rate.
Link Posted: 6/21/2020 11:08:23 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

One of the users took the pics down, but one still has them up. The one that took them down was only using a couple of them. The one that’s still has them up is 100% my pics other than one pic of the barrel in a sealed bag...

Yes, and as bad as I want to get it myself to do a C7 clone, I’ll get you in touch with the guy so that you can get it lol He’s a good guy. Has an account on here, but doesn’t get on much. I’ll reach out to him tomorrow. Send me a message sometime in the morning to remind me. He was asking $350 CDN plus shipping. If you have PayPal, you should be able to get an awesome exchange rate on that to bring it closer to $250 plus shipping. I don’t unfortunately, and got raped on the exchange rate.
View Quote

No problem; PM you in the morning
Link Posted: 6/21/2020 11:40:48 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote

Not me, but one word for both of you snowflakes:

EATADIK
Link Posted: 6/21/2020 11:51:10 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Not me but one word for both of you:

EATADIK
View Quote

Haha I specifically said it wasn’t you. I just thought it was funny that someone else had the same thought. Don’t get mad because people think it’s ridiculous to buy up a bunch of barrels at retail just to resell a week or two later at 50%+ the cost (especially BSing on the listing about how you just had change of plans with the barrel just to post 3 more after the first one sells). It’s price gouging and one of the reasons prices are the way they are. There’s more respectable and even easier ways to make some money. I mean, do what you have to do, but it looks bad. I really didn’t think you bought 30 anyways. Figured you were trolling since we called you out in the Remington thread.
Link Posted: 6/21/2020 11:54:39 PM EDT
[#20]
I recover settlements from copyright infringements several times each year. I don't recommend reaching out to anyone, or making amy threats, ever.

If you want to capitalize of poor decisions made by others, head over to Pixsy.com, create a free account, register copyrights on your images, and start opening cases.

I passively took in mid-5 figures last year through their platform and spent very little time on it.
Link Posted: 6/21/2020 11:56:41 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I recover settlements from copyright infringements several times each year. I don't recommend reaching out to anyone, or making amy threats, ever.

If you want to capitalize of poor decisions made by others, head over to Pixsy.com, create a free account, register copyrights on your images, and start opening cases.

I passively took in mid-5 figures last year through their platform and spent very little time on it.
View Quote

Thanks! I figured it wasn’t a good idea to say anything, but let it get to me. I’ll take your advice.
Link Posted: 6/22/2020 12:03:03 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 6/22/2020 12:08:36 AM EDT
[#23]
LOL, clownshoes
Link Posted: 6/22/2020 12:08:57 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Haha I specifically said it wasn’t you. I just thought it was funny that someone else had the same thought. Don’t get mad because people think it’s ridiculous to buy up a bunch of barrels at retail just to resell a week or two later at 50%+ the cost (especially BSing on the listing about how you just had change of plans with the barrel just to post 3 more after the first one sells). It’s price gouging and one of the reasons prices at the way they are. There’s more respectable and even easier ways to make some money.
View Quote

That's why I directed it at both of you. I'm confused though, you posted a thread for a link, for members to buy barrels, but then complained about members here buying barrels. Irony.

I'm also confused about something else. Is it also ridiculous if I bought real estate, that say developed 50k in equity over a month or year (time makes no difference), then proceeded to flip or sell the real estate in order to receive the profit? Or is selling with the market considered price gouging too? Considering you don't know the price point at which I purchased or sold the 3 or 4 barrels I listed I'd venture to say you're reaching with your opinion of me price gouging anything. The market dictates the price things will sell and sit for, I can only set a price when I list something in the EE.

Also I do appreciate your conjecture but I didn't BS on my listing. For those barrels I had listed, I did indeed have a change of plans. The FSBs were all slightly canted on that batch except the last one which was a leftover that didn't get built up into a rifle for a customer that backed out. For your piece of mind I haven't listed, nor do I plan on listing these barrels at any time ever, as the reason for such a large order was not to flip and "price gouge" members as you have accused me of doing; not that it would be any of your business what I decide to do with them. However if I do have any left from this batch I'll make it known on this thread, for members in the thread to have first dibs on them, at cost + shipping & insurance.

Link Posted: 6/22/2020 12:23:11 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

That's why I directed it at both of you. I'm confused though, you posted a thread for a link, for members to buy barrels, but then complained about members buying barrels. Irony.

I'm also confused about something else. Is it also ridiculous if I bought real estate, that say developed 50k in equity over a month or year (time makes no difference), then proceeded to flip or sell the real estate in order to receive the profit? Or is that considered price gouging too? Considering you don't know the price point at which I purchased or sold the 3 or 4 barrels I listed I'd venture to say you're reaching with your opinion of me price gouging anything.

Also I appreciate your conjecture but I didn't BS on my listing. For those barrels I had listed I did indeed have a change of plans, as the FSBs were all slightly canted on that batch except the last one which was a leftover that didn't get built up for a customer that backed out. I haven't listed nor do I plan on listing these barrels at any time ever, not that it would be any of your business what I do with them.

View Quote

Never did I complain about people buying them. Don’t twist it. It’s buying several just to sell them in the EE for 50%+ over cost a week or two later that I complained about. The real estate example isn’t even close. This would be more like someone buying a house worth $80k, not doing a thing to it, and then listing it a week later for $130k. See the difference yet? You have the freedom to capitalize. I’m not arguing otherwise, but some business practices are shady, or lazy at best. It screws up prices for the rest of us, just as someone listing an $80k house for $130k a week after buying it and finding a sucker that will pay it could affect the prices of other homes in the area. I think we can all agree that it’s BS when companies price gouge over night due to panic. No difference.
Link Posted: 6/22/2020 7:12:47 AM EDT
[#26]
Nvrmnd.  

Link Posted: 6/22/2020 6:01:00 PM EDT
[#27]
never mind
Link Posted: 6/25/2020 4:48:00 PM EDT
[#28]
back in stock...

Buyer beware. Soft index pins. Got it snug, proceed to line up for gas port, index pin sheared off. I have built A LOT of uppers and have never had this happen.

Link Posted: 6/25/2020 8:41:28 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Never did I complain about people buying them. Don’t twist it. It’s buying several just to sell them in the EE for 50%+ over cost a week or two later that I complained about. The real estate example isn’t even close. This would be more like someone buying a house worth $80k, not doing a thing to it, and then listing it a week later for $130k. See the difference yet? You have the freedom to capitalize. I’m not arguing otherwise, but some business practices are shady, or lazy at best. It screws up prices for the rest of us, just as someone listing an $80k house for $130k a week after buying it and finding a sucker that will pay it could affect the prices of other homes in the area. I think we can all agree that it’s BS when companies price gouge over night due to panic. No difference.
View Quote

I agree... It's a pretty shi××y thing to do IMHO especially in the current climate. You're buying up extra stock that other fellow or new gun owners could buy just to resell it to them for 50% more. It's well within their right, but it's a dirt bag move IMHO. The fact that  they STOLE your pics is further proof of lack of morals and how much of a dirt bag they are... Of course they'll try and rationalize it all in their heads to make them feel better about themselves, but that doesn't change the fact that they're pieces of crap...

This is Prax by the way...
Link Posted: 6/26/2020 12:00:57 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

I agree... It's a pretty shi××y thing to do IMHO especially in the current climate. You're buying up extra stock that other fellow or new gun owners could buy just to resell it to them for 50% more. It's well within their right, but it's a dirt bag move IMHO. The fact that  they STOLE your pics is further proof of lack of morals and how much of a dirt bag they are... Of course they'll try and rationalize it all in their heads to make them feel better about themselves, but that doesn't change the fact that they're pieces of crap...

This is Prax by the way...
View Quote

Your real first name must be Ed? You must also be special too, right? I suggest you check out youtube, where you can watch videos in order to learn how to read. After you're done first learning your ABC's and how they form complex words, you can come back here and see if your reading comprehension is good enough to understand my responses. Start with the one I wrote at 6/21/2020 8:40:48 PM MST, then work your way down. ;)
Link Posted: 6/26/2020 12:15:53 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
back in stock...

Buyer beware. Soft index pins. Got it snug, proceed to line up for gas port, index pin sheared off. I have built A LOT of uppers and have never had this happen.

https://imgdump5.novarata.net/800x941/pvkkf0.jpg
View Quote

Oh that sucks! Thanks for the heads up. I just bolted my barrel to an upper the other day, didn't have any problems. Granted I'm using a Daniel Defense RIS II FSP so I don't have to line up the gas port but this made me double check. Funny, I got into a discussion with someone on YouTube who posted a BS comment about how a barrel that's loose in the barrel extension will make the feed ramps not line up if the barrel spins. I told him the only way for that to happen is if you sheer the index pin. This proves another point I made. The barrel nut acts on the barrel extension and not the barrel. Sure a barrel loose in the extension would be bad but it won't mess with the feed ramps. Even more ridiculous, this was a 9mm PCC which doesn't even have timed feed ramps like an M4.

Have you contacted DTT? I think they are OOS now so I wonder what their response will be.
Link Posted: 6/26/2020 12:27:12 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 6/26/2020 12:29:48 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Oh that sucks! Thanks for the heads up. I just bolted my barrel to an upper the other day, didn't have any problems. Granted I'm using a Daniel Defense RIS II FSP so I don't have to line up the gas port but this made me double check. Funny, I got into a discussion with someone on YouTube who posted a BS comment about how a barrel that's loose in the barrel extension will make the feed ramps not line up if the barrel spins. I told him the only way for that to happen is if you sheer the index pin. This proves another point I made. The barrel nut acts on the barrel extension and not the barrel. Sure a barrel loose in the extension would be bad but it won't mess with the feed ramps. Even more ridiculous, this was a 9mm PCC which doesn't even have timed feed ramps like an M4.

Have you contacted DTT? I think they are OOS now so I wonder what their response will be.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
back in stock...

https://imgdump5.novarata.net/800x941/pvkkf0.jpg

@ InsaneAuto86

Did you use a clamshell?
Link Posted: 6/26/2020 2:01:09 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

No problem bro; have you removed the FSB to see if the barrel is parkerized?
View Quote

Here it is. I will have to grab one.
Link Posted: 6/26/2020 2:50:45 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote

Used a reaction rod, the TQ from the barrel nut against the extension must have taken it off. Very strange. The upper index hole was undamaged. It must be super soft since the upper is aluminum and barrel is steel with NO marring on the upper.

Contacted DTT ext 2 and 4, no answer, line goes dead. Email returned dead as well.
Link Posted: 6/26/2020 3:00:37 PM EDT
[#36]
Thanks for posting this I ordered one
Link Posted: 6/26/2020 3:02:02 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote
I need to look into this. I own a picture as part of a product I own that has ended up in places used by others.
Link Posted: 6/27/2020 5:18:56 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Used a reaction rod, the TQ from the barrel nut against the extension must have taken it off. Very strange. The upper index hole was undamaged. It must be super soft since the upper is aluminum and barrel is steel with NO marring on the upper.

Contacted DTT ext 2 and 4, no answer, line goes dead. Email returned dead as well.
View Quote

I bought two of these barrels, and was going to build one for my best friend who beat cancer. Never had a barrel index pin sheer off and not looking forward to it. Anyway to make sure it is not soft metal or casting?
Link Posted: 6/27/2020 11:27:45 PM EDT
[#39]
Still have a feeling that these are incompleted contract barrels that DTT acquired and had thrown together.

Wouldn't be the first such stunt.....

FSB markings, bbl extension markings, blued bbl nut, now index pin....just a feeling.
Link Posted: 6/28/2020 2:33:39 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Anyway to make sure it is not soft metal or casting?
View Quote

If you hit it with a file the file should skate off it and not dig in. You can also try a center punch, a light strike won't deform the surface much if its correctly hardened.
Link Posted: 6/28/2020 2:38:18 AM EDT
[#41]
Shitshow thread
Link Posted: 6/28/2020 2:59:34 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Still have a feeling that these are incompleted contract barrels that DTT acquired and had thrown together.

Wouldn't be the first such stunt.....

FSB markings, bbl extension markings, blued bbl nut, now index pin....just a feeling.
View Quote
not to mention the taper pins not seated like how we're used to.

maybe this is why the military didn't take delivery.  sub-par, not up to snuff.
Link Posted: 6/28/2020 3:49:56 AM EDT
[#43]
Or the soft index pin and FSB taper pins are why the barrels were not delivered/accepted.
Link Posted: 6/28/2020 11:36:52 AM EDT
[#44]
Typical of DTT, things are not always clear.

Suspect at a minimum.
Link Posted: 6/30/2020 9:53:48 PM EDT
[#45]
Site is down now too.
But on a note mine went together fine and pins where easier to remove but not too easy, and seem to be holding well once reinstalled after RIS rail. About to do pin and weld but may opt to go test on a SBR lower first.

EDIT: sites back up
Link Posted: 7/4/2020 12:56:32 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote

I have to look into this. I opened an account there. I own an image that I have had trouble controlling
Link Posted: 7/5/2020 9:56:51 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Yes, be interested to see how they compare accuracy wise. Please let us know.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Did the exact same thing will have to compare it to my Colt Socom barrel Block 2 I just built when this one is done.

Yes, be interested to see how they compare accuracy wise. Please let us know.
Well just ordered a second. Can't get enough of the SOCOM profile barrels. I already have two Colts and now two MMC barrels so to make comparison fair I will have one Colt and one MMC barrel in the Block II FSB builds and one Colt and one MMC in Block I clone all setup exactly the same. Ill even get all barrels pinned by the same guys so I guess ADCO gets to pin the new Block I and I'll have RetroArms do the second Block II. That should be a pretty straight up test. Aside not I had no issues with the pins being weak on my extension or the FSB. Easy to drive out with appropriate tools yes but not soft and solid when driven in fully after assembly with a FSB RIS rail.
Link Posted: 7/6/2020 10:09:51 AM EDT
[#48]
Mennie Machine Company 14.5" SOCOM U.S. Government Contract Barrel Physical

TL/DW significant pitting and corrosion in the barrel.
Link Posted: 7/6/2020 2:30:09 PM EDT
[#49]
I looked in my example using a bore scope and didn't find the same pitting shown in the above video.
Link Posted: 7/7/2020 1:05:05 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u39EiwU0-QQ

TL/DW significant pitting and corrosion in the barrel.
View Quote

That is some pretty severe corrosion, especially for a new barrel

Since we are getting technical, can this discussion be moved into the rifles, lowers, and barrel section again?
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top