Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/18/2001 3:04:59 PM EDT
What the hey is so fascinating about stock car racing? Or any auto racing for that matter. Seems a bit inane. Do those things burn gasoline?
Link Posted: 5/18/2001 3:16:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/18/2001 3:25:10 PM EDT
[#2]
i agree with mike.  stock car racing used to be just a bunch of good ole boys driving fairly stock cars around a track.  now they goto wind tunnels and fly from race to race.  many of the drivers today aren't even from the south.  i think the demise of nascar really hit around the time they stopped running at north wilkesboro and the king retired and jeff gordon started driving.  in my mind that general time marked a sharp decline in nascar in my mind.  on the good side you can still catch a lot of those old races on "victory lane" -i forget the cable channel that carries it.  sloth

Link Posted: 5/18/2001 3:38:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top