BCM
User Panel

Page / 7
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 9:27:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

He was a "Gentle Giant"...

Who held a pistol to a Grandmothers head in a Home Invasion Robbery ...

Who was of size 6'6" & build to work as a Bouncer at a club.

Who was trying to pass Funny Money.

Who decided to "Fight the Power" and not get in the Police Car when he was arrested.  (it's not like he didn't know the drill being a Felon & all)

Who was on Drugs...

And he is being Canonized (along with Trayvon Martin & Michael Brown) as a "Saint"...

View Quote

So you support Officer Chauvin's actions?
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 9:28:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

The average for all adult humans during phonation 100mL /s to 200mL per second of flow.

The average total lung volume is 6L but the average tidal volume is only 500mL.

This means if you can make a voice for 2.5 to 5 seconds you can move the same amount of air as it takes to breath at a normal rate.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Still waiting for the blue crew to take the 8min challenge and prove that it shouldn’t kill a person.

It would have killed an Olympic swimmer. Humans usually can’t hold their breath for 8 minutes.

He may have had a heart attack but as long as he was speaking, his airway was open.  

If you can talk you can breathe, albeit with greater energy expenditure. The weight on his thorax was more stressful than knee on his neck.

I bet you have a phone that can take videos.

I am not saying that the cops actions werent wrongful/unlawful/murdery/etc

I am saying his airway remained patent for the duration at least until he uttered his last word.

If he had screamed “i can’t breath” while he was suffering an abdominal aortic aneurysm and bleeding out inside, the cause of death would be hemorrage not asphyxiation.

Also, good luck to the cops and emts trying to figure that one out in time to make a difference.

The “if he can talk he can breathe” crap is just a distraction. Being able to exhale does not mean a person can fill their lungs with enough air to live.

You cannot expel air unless you can draw air in.

How many videolaryngoscopes have you witnessed or performed?

In before “he swallowed a CO2 cannister just before the cops killed him which gave him 4 minutes of agony breath”

Oh so you think he hit the ground with empty lungs.
I think we are back to needing a video example of how it was survivable.

As long as he was saying “i can’t breathe” he was able to breathe. This is a medical fact.
That is why the international sign for choking is “guy silently grabbing own neck while eyes are bulging out” rather than shouting “heimlich now!!!”

Bullshit
It is a medical fact that his airway is not obstructed that is it.
Like I said you have a phone take a video and prove your point.

Vocal cords can’t make sound without air flow ( a k a breathing).

How much airflow?
And how much airflow is required to keep a person alive during a stressful situation?
I guarantee you there’s a difference.
But hey you are confident I eagerly await your video.

The average for all adult humans during phonation 100mL /s to 200mL per second of flow.

This means if you can make a voice for 2.5 to 5 seconds you can move the same amount of air as it takes to breath at a normal rate.

And how much is required during a stressful situation?
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 9:29:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Who decided to "Fight the Power" and not get in the Police Car when he was arrested.  (it's not like he didn't know the drill being a Felon & all)

Who was on Drugs...

And he is being Canonized (along with Trayvon Martin & Michael Brown) as a "Saint"...

Shitbags murder other shitbags all the time.

It is far more common than a saint murdering a saint.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 9:30:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Not sure which quote you are responding to.  The gist is this-  He  wasn't suffocated and he didn't die of asphyxiation.  The guy had heart issues and died from it while resisting and being restrained.  

Not murder...likely not even criminal on the officer's part.  Not ideal restraint...but they had a large guy who wouldn't go in the car.  

View Quote

The legal verbiage for MN's Murder in the Third Degree has already been posted in this thread. Are you deliberately avoiding reading it, or just refusing to acknowledge it?
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 9:31:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Still waiting for the blue crew to take the 8min challenge and prove that it shouldn’t kill a person.

It would have killed an Olympic swimmer. Humans usually can’t hold their breath for 8 minutes.

He may have had a heart attack but as long as he was speaking, his airway was open.  

If you can talk you can breathe, albeit with greater energy expenditure. The weight on his thorax was more stressful than knee on his neck.

I am saying his airway remained patent for the duration at least until he uttered his last word.

If he had screamed “i can’t breath” while he was suffering an abdominal aortic aneurysm and bleeding out inside, the cause of death would be hemorrage not asphyxiation.

Also, good luck to the cops and emts trying to figure that one out in time to make a difference.

The “if he can talk he can breathe” crap is just a distraction. Being able to exhale does not mean a person can fill their lungs with enough air to live.

In before “he swallowed a CO2 cannister just before the cops killed him which gave him 4 minutes of agony breath”

As long as he was saying “i can’t breathe” he was able to breathe. This is a medical fact.
That is why the international sign for choking is “guy silently grabbing own neck while eyes are bulging out” rather than shouting “heimlich now!!!”

Bullshit

How much airflow?
And how much airflow is required to keep a person alive during a stressful situation?

If you are having a heart attack, you could be ventilating 1 liter x RR35 of pure oxygen, but the oxygenated blood doesnt reach your heart muscle and you still die.

And you can still say “i cant breathe” right up until you black out from lack of blood flow to brain.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 9:32:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Around 50,000 deaths a year in the US from fentanyl, most without the contributing factors of meth, heart disease.

Evidence is still coming out (body cam footage?). Beyond reasonable doubt is the standard. Can you say you have no doubt the fentanyl alone didn't kill him? If you and 11 like-minded people agree, he'll go away.

I'd wait for the trial, and all the facts. He's probably guilty, but it's not the home run it was a week ago. No way I'd serve on that jury.
View Quote

Have you read MN's statute for Murder in the Third Degree? It's already been posted in this thread, so should be easy to find.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 9:32:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The cops knee on his neck was restricting blood flow to and from his brain. Had nothing to do with his airway and ability to talk/breathe. Did you even watch the video and see what actually happened?
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 9:33:33 PM EDT
[#8]
Doesn't change anything.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 9:34:44 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

What he said isn't a lie.  

Are people really experiencing this for the first time?  People die in custody on a fairly regular basis.  This is not the first go round...and when politics come in, you get Baltimore where all the officers walked after the riots and show trial.  

in the majority of cases, unhealthy people can live a long time as long as they don't stress their system...then they fight the cops and go to max stress level on their heart and body.  It is a runaway train of lactic acid and shock.  You would have to have them in an ER right then to even hope to save them.  The usual cause of death is Excited Delirium.  Nice way of saying they overloaded their unhealthy system.  

The guy was super unhealthy...and used meth and fentanyl...and was likely having a heart attack before he even went to the ground.  Look at what he said-  I can't breathe...everything hurts.  That's because his heart is failing and not giving oxygenated blood to his body that is trying to fight cops and needs max blood flow.  His perception is that he can't breathe...but breathing isn't the problem.  The problem is his heart.  

In the end, he had a heart attack and died.  Bottom line...his actions...his choices (drugs, fighting) are what killed him.  The officer will walk free.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So that’s now a death sentence executed on the spot by police...for a counterfeit bill?

Well, yea, if you resist arrest while your heart is exploding from meth and fent and cardiovascular disease lol.   But tha copz killed him.

Why do you have to lie?

What he said isn't a lie.  

Are people really experiencing this for the first time?  People die in custody on a fairly regular basis.  This is not the first go round...and when politics come in, you get Baltimore where all the officers walked after the riots and show trial.  

in the majority of cases, unhealthy people can live a long time as long as they don't stress their system...then they fight the cops and go to max stress level on their heart and body.  It is a runaway train of lactic acid and shock.  You would have to have them in an ER right then to even hope to save them.  The usual cause of death is Excited Delirium.  Nice way of saying they overloaded their unhealthy system.  

The guy was super unhealthy...and used meth and fentanyl...and was likely having a heart attack before he even went to the ground.  Look at what he said-  I can't breathe...everything hurts.  That's because his heart is failing and not giving oxygenated blood to his body that is trying to fight cops and needs max blood flow.  His perception is that he can't breathe...but breathing isn't the problem.  The problem is his heart.  

In the end, he had a heart attack and died.  Bottom line...his actions...his choices (drugs, fighting) are what killed him.  The officer will walk free.  

Lol.  Be careful what you wish for.....the citizens will be firing up D-9’s if these guys walk
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 9:35:16 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Shocking. But that neither justifies nor excuses what was done to him.
View Quote

I have to agree.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 9:35:31 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

It changes the charge. Can't be charged with murder if you didn't kill him.
View Quote

Again, read the text for Murder in the Third Degree.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 9:36:04 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Where are you getting your info?

“The combined effects of Mr. Floyd being restrained by police,”
View Quote

“Combined effects” doesn’t mean the knee on the back of the neck was the singular cause - it means what FedDC is saying.

I doubt Chauvin(sp?) will be acquitted On all charges simply because the state is going to have to be able to say he will serve time in some facility to appease the masses.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 9:36:06 PM EDT
[#13]
If not the Cop...  The Corona could have finished him off in short order - considering that list of pre-existing conditions.

Link Posted: 6/1/2020 9:37:21 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Sshhh.  Let the closet racists expose themselves.
It doesn't matter if the guy just murdered someone. The cops job is to stop him and arrest him.  Once the arrest is made, the prisoners safety is the officers responsibility.

It's also the officers responsibility to be able to detect that the person is whacked out on something and ensure that proper force and precautions are taken. If there guy was fighting and he got KOed by a punch and cracked his head open on a curb, then that's on the bad guy for fighting/resisting. The arrest was made, he wasn't a threat.
I'm soooo glad i didn't become a cop.  Went through all the training, then got an opportunity for a much better paying career. The hours aren't any better though :(
View Quote

Well.  After hearing your riveting story of training , you sound amply qualified to give a your opinion. JFC.  Do you know that he wasn’t fighting prior to the video?

Decisions are easy to second guess with more available information.

For the record-Based on what I’ve seen, the officer fucked up.  With that said, I wasn’t there and didn’t see the whole situation.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 9:37:47 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

The cops knee on his neck was restricting blood flow to and from his brain. Had nothing to do with his airway and ability to talk/breathe. Did you even watch the video and see what actually happened?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes, but if that were the case he could still “breathe” he just couldn’t perfuse.

Respiration =\= ventilation =\= perfusion

I am simply saying that as long as he was speaking, he was breathing.

Let the autopsy determine what actually killed him.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 9:38:41 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Who was on Drugs...

Do you support Officer Chauvin's actions?

You seem to be going to great lengths to defend him.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 9:39:15 PM EDT
[#17]
I love how even the pastors they bring on air make it out like "brother Floyd" was such a great role model for all of us. Malarky. The guy was a druggie with a history.

Was he murdered and should the cops involved face justice? Yes.
Was he the saint the media and protestors make him out to have been? Doubtful.

I don't know too many good natured meth heads, but maybe when he wasn't counterfeiting money he was a gentle giant.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 9:39:22 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

If you are having a heart attack, you could be ventilating 1 liter x RR35 of pure oxygen, but the oxygenated blood doesnt reach your heart muscle and you still die.

And you can still say “i cant breathe” right up until you black out from lack of blood flow to brain.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bullshit

How much airflow?

How much airflow is required during a stressful situation?
Changing the subject or avoiding the question does not make you right.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 9:40:43 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

“Combined effects” doesn’t mean the knee on the back of the neck was the singular cause - it means what FedDC is saying.

I doubt Chauvin(sp?) will be acquitted On all charges simply because the state is going to have to be able to say he will serve time in some facility to appease the masses.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Where are you getting your info?

“The combined effects of Mr. Floyd being restrained by police,”

Funny I didn’t see “exploding heart” as a cause.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 9:42:43 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Who, from Houston, hasn't done time for an armed home invasion? (looking at you HPD...)

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yeah supposedly he did time for armed home invasion in Houston.

Who, from Houston, hasn't done time for an armed home invasion? (looking at you HPD...)

Target target!  Cease fire, driver back up!
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 9:44:55 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote

Please use PowerPoint to show exactly where Chauvin’s knee was on Floyd’s neck and how the arteries & veins were compressed - I couldn’t tell in the video.

I have to wonder if the crowd’s hostilities played into the delayed response after Floyd lost consciousness.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 9:47:13 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Funny I didn’t see “exploding heart” as a cause.
View Quote

I must have missed the literal interpretation that applied to Floyd....
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 9:48:42 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Who was on Drugs...

I absolutely do not support chauvin’s actions.

I would not be surprised at all if something he did (whether on camera or not) materially contributed to the death of Floyd and I am sure if that is the case it violates some law (don’t know if murder 1 given no evidence of premeditation).

I am just discussing the physiology of phonation.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 9:48:43 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
https://www.fox29.com/news/hennepin-county-medical-examiner-declares-george-floyd-death-homicide

The new report also notes other significant conditions such as arteriosclerotic and hypertensive heart disease; fentanyl intoxication; and recent methamphetamine use.
View Quote
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 9:49:12 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I love how even the pastors they bring on air make it out like "brother Floyd" was such a great role model for all of us. Malarky. The guy was a druggie with a history.

Was he murdered and should the cops involved face justice? Yes.
Was he the saint the media and protestors make him out to have been? Doubtful.

I don't know too many good natured meth heads, but maybe when he wasn't counterfeiting money he was a gentle giant.
View Quote

Was he making the counterfeits? Or did he just pay for something with one? Did he even know it was fake?
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 9:50:04 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
They injected that after he was killed
View Quote

@ilikeporkchops

+1

Or it was Chauvin’s blood sample.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 9:50:17 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

I disagree. The video provides clear evidence of Murder in the Third Degree, regardless of anything else that happened prior.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I disagree. The video provides clear evidence of Murder in the Third Degree, regardless of anything else that happened prior.

There is no such thing as regardless.

The deceased complained of breathing problems while standing and being cuffed...before anyone had him on the ground (clue- he was starting to go down medically as his heart cold not keep up)...he then had his moments of panicking due to what he himself said was claustrophobia...more panic...and his heart attack is ongoing here...(clue 2- he is now on the ground and listen to what he said...he hurts everywhere...everything hurts).  

Ever see someone describe a full on heart attack...pain...everywhere...pain.  

He says he can't breathe (clue 3- He is feeling the lack of oxygenated blood due to his heart and it manifests as can't breathe).  This wasn't due to the officers...but he attributed it as such because he was unaware of his heart attack.  The officer looking at him couldn't know about the heart attack and could hear breathing...so he assumed the guy was just talking and talking is breathing...no need to move.  

Guy dies...ZOMG...murdered by police.

In reality, murdered by heart attack, drugs, fighting cops, excited delirium.

Watch the trial...that is exactly what will get him off.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 9:52:11 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bullshit

How much airflow?

Why do you insist he died due to lack of flow?

You can’t measure airflow from a cellphone video, at least not without a hell of a lot of post processing.

He could have had a ruptured brain aneurysm secondary to 200/150 BP secondary to cocaine and meth.

He could have had a pulmonary embolism secondary to vegetative endocarditis secondary to IV drug abuse and homelessness.

Why do we even have pathologists if you can determine cause of death from cell phone videos ?
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 9:52:50 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

@ilikeporkchops

+1

Or it was Chauvin's blood sample.
View Quote
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 9:55:15 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Please use PowerPoint to show exactly where Chauvin’s knee was on Floyd’s neck and how the arteries & veins were compressed - I couldn’t tell in the video.

I have to wonder if the crowd’s hostilities played into the delayed response after Floyd lost consciousness.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They would have compressed a vein And impeded return long before Compressing The carotid arteries. Also, there are two carotid arteries and the circle of willis so you need to encircle the neck to Stop cerebral bloodflow in most cases.

And indeed you will compress trachea and stop respiration (and phonation) before either.

He didnt have a neck tourniquet.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 9:55:35 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Yes, but if that were the case he could still “breathe” he just couldn’t perfuse.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You are correct about the breathing. But restricting blood flow to the brain doesn't stop someone from breathing until they are unconscious.
Deputy dipshit knelt on the side of his neck, pinning the other side of his neck to the ground for 8 minutes, give or take a little. Death results when that happens. Any cop knows this. Shit, the fact that the guy pissed himself before the paramedics got there should have been an indication that he was dead.
And from what I understand, the cop stayed on the guy while the EMTs were trying to take his vitals.
Watching the cops behavior in the video shows that he was enjoying what he was doing. Anyone that can't see that is blind.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 9:57:47 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

You can’t measure airflow from a cellphone video, at least not without a hell of a lot of post processing.

He could have had a ruptured brain aneurysm secondary to 200/150 BP secondary to cocaine and meth.

He could have had a pulmonary embolism secondary to vegetative endocarditis secondary to IV drug abuse and homelessness.

Why do we even have pathologists if you can determine cause of death from cell phone videos ?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bullshit

How much airflow?

Why do you refuse to answer a simple question.

You know the “if you can talk you can breathe” argument is horse shit and yet you insist on perpetuating it.

I don’t know which knee killed him could have been the one on the neck could have been the 3 on his back, could have been a combination. What I do know is that he should not have died on that street.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 9:57:54 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You clearly didn't watch the video I did, or you wouldn't make such a stupid statement.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 9:58:48 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote

What about Officer Chauvin’s other knee of Mr. Floyd's back?

Care to argue that his chest wasn't compressed by Officer Chauvin’s knee?
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 10:00:36 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

I would not be surprised at all if something he did (whether on camera or not) materially contributed to the death of Floyd and I am sure if that is the case it violates some law (don’t know if murder 1 given no evidence of premeditation).

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Who was on Drugs...

609.195 MURDER IN THE THIRD DEGREE.(a) Whoever, without intent to effect the death of any person, causes the death of another by perpetrating an act eminently dangerous to others and evincing a depraved mind, without regard for human life, is guilty of murder in the third degree and may be sentenced to imprisonment for not more than 25 years.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 10:05:34 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

There is no such thing as regardless.

Watch the trial...that is exactly what will get him off.
View Quote

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/regardless

It sounds like you would get off on his acquittal, as well.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 10:25:10 PM EDT
[#37]
Floyd might have died of head trauma.

He might have had a spinal cord injury from the knee, or something that happened before or after the video.

The guy in the ambulance may have inadvertently given him the wrong medicine or wrong dose.

Most likely this was a heart attack and with two deadly drugs in the mix you can’t prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that officer numbnuts killed him.

Better people have died as a result of this fiasco than Floyd. He didnt deserve to die. The cop had multiple prior excessive force complaints and should not have been on the street with a badge.

Shit happens every day in a country with 300M people.

Link Posted: 6/1/2020 10:30:27 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Floyd might have died of head trauma.

He might have had a spinal cord injury from the knee, or something that happened before or after the video.

The guy in the ambulance may have inadvertently given him the wrong medicine or wrong dose.

Most likely this was a heart attack and with two deadly drugs in the mix you can’t prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that officer numbnuts killed him.

Better people have died as a result of this fiasco than Floyd. He didnt deserve to die. The cop had multiple prior excessive force complaints and should not have been on the street with a badge.

Shit happens every day in a country with 300M people.

View Quote

Link Posted: 6/1/2020 10:35:02 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Kinda early for tox results.
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/1/2020 10:37:43 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote
The officer clearly killed the man.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 10:40:22 PM EDT
[#41]
I'm guessing you didn't look at the article

MINNEAPOLIS (FOX 9) - The Hennepin County Medical Examiner's report released Monday ruled the death of George Floyd a homicide.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 10:40:59 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

It doesn't, but people don't need to go all apeshit over a deadbeat Felon.
View Quote
What should they do, faced with a video showing a cop kneeling on a man's neck for that long? This event was an outrage, caught on camera, and you denialists just are living in an alternative reality.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 10:43:43 PM EDT
[#43]
Cooperation saves lives
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 10:49:23 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

MINNEAPOLIS (FOX 9) - The Hennepin County Medical Examiner's report released Monday ruled the death of George Floyd a homicide.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 10:51:33 PM EDT
[#45]
The Hennepin County medical examiner said an autopsy listed Floyd's cause of death on May 25 as a "cardiopulmonary arrest complicating law enforcement subdual, restraint, and neck compression."

Am I the only one that actually read the article?
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 11:18:52 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

The riots after Chauvin gets acquitted on Murder 1 charges will make what happened last week look like a summertime kids camp.
View Quote

This.  The prosecution had to find a charge that would stick. It pure strategy.  They did not want to over charge and lose.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 11:26:16 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

This.  The prosecution had to find a charge that would stick. It pure strategy.  They did not want to over charge and lose.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The riots after Chauvin gets acquitted on Murder 1 charges will make what happened last week look like a summertime kids camp.

There's no reason to over charge when this appears to be a textbook case of Murder in the Third Degree.

609.195 MURDER IN THE THIRD DEGREE.(a) Whoever, without intent to effect the death of any person, causes the death of another by perpetrating an act eminently dangerous to others and evincing a depraved mind, without regard for human life, is guilty of murder in the third degree and may be sentenced to imprisonment for not more than 25 years.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 11:28:02 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes, please do.  I've posted it in multiple threads.

intent to kill is not one of the elements
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 11:34:00 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Yes, please do.  I've posted it in multiple threads.

intent to kill is not one of the elements
View Quote

Fwiw, you seemed to be on the fence earlier, but I really admire the fact that you were open-minded enough to actually look at the statute and take that into account. I'm still amazed and saddened by the number of people blindly defending this officer when the video alone clearly meets the definition of Murder in the Third Degree.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 11:34:06 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View Quote

I dont care at this point. The officer will be charged with a lesser offense or acquitted unless he takes a deal.
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top