Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 9:48:42 PM EDT
[#1]
As long as race-baiting is a multi-million dollar industry, it will never go away.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 9:49:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Fuck no.

People just use racism to push whatever agenda or appease whatever self hating issues they have going on.

To a lot of people it feels good to be a victim.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 9:50:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Lol, no

Link Posted: 5/29/2020 9:50:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Oh, please.

R vs. D is all political theater anymore, because there is only one Side or Team. The bad news is that none of us are on it, only those who profit from setting is at each other’s throats.

Imagine what would happen if We The People decided not to play along anymore, and instead turned on those who would have us fighting each other for their amusement and profit.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
That's what the left keeps saying, that's what most of the media keeps saying/implying. I just heard Tucker discuss the premiss and the fallacy therein. Well, is America essentially racist?
As long as there are Democrats in America there will always be racists because Democrats are the Racists.

Oh, please.

R vs. D is all political theater anymore, because there is only one Side or Team. The bad news is that none of us are on it, only those who profit from setting is at each other’s throats.

Imagine what would happen if We The People decided not to play along anymore, and instead turned on those who would have us fighting each other for their amusement and profit.

You ain't wrong!
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 9:51:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Most educated, foreign-born people I know (including my wife), laugh and say that Americans are amateurs when it comes to racism. My foreign travels tend to align with their observations.
View Quote

My ex wife is Asian and could easily join the klan.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 9:52:58 PM EDT
[#6]
The WORLD is racist..  and I use the word racist to mean, one race (black, white, asian, etc ) predjudicial against a different race
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 9:54:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
A young hard working black man graduating with a technical degree from almost any college in the US has to be the most sought after prize in the world.  I cannot even imagine the piles of liberal white women he would plow through while fending off job offer after offer.
View Quote

I work at an IT company.  They hired an intern for their infosec department who is a woman and minority.  She has not taken one single class in infosec or any certs or experience.  I was flabbergasted when I found out.  I am still trying to get in and am almost done with my degree.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 9:55:12 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
As long as there are Democrats in America there will always be racists because Democrats are the Racists.
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/29/2020 9:55:43 PM EDT
[#9]
Yes and no.  This country was built on institutional racism.  The effects of it are and will be long lasting.  That said, this country as a whole has come a long way and for the most part, success is there for the taking regardless of race.  Yes, it may be harder for some due to lingering effects of the past (pyschological effects included), but equality of opportunity is largely present.  There can never be equality of outcome.  Some places are still backassward, but they are primarily the exception.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 9:57:05 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Most educated, foreign-born people I know (including my wife), laugh and say that Americans are amateurs when it comes to racism. My foreign travels tend to align with their observations.

One of the most Jew-hating, racist rants I've ever heard came from the mouth of an Indian(as in one from the actual subcontinent)shipping clerk. I don't remember how we got on the subject of politics, but he uncorked this stream-of-consciousness tirade about how the Jews have taken over the world, they are enslaving the world, etc., stuff straight out of the 'Protocols of the Elders of Zion'.

Any Klansmen who would have been in earshot would have told him to tone it down a little, it was that offensive.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 9:57:05 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
YES!!!!

Enough said.
View Quote

No, not enough said.

You post is a flaming pile of trash. An annoying mix of capital letters, exclamation marks and absolutes.

Arguably the worst post I’ve seen in a long time. Man the fuck up and defend your position rather than pull out some bullshit old dupe account for a hit and run.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 10:00:16 PM EDT
[#12]
I honestly think its a human condition, and for sure not just in America. If you treat someone differently due to their race (whether positively or negatively), you are a racist.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 10:00:31 PM EDT
[#13]
As long as claiming racism allows someone to get their way or shuts down opposing views or gets others to ignore their individual shortcomings, there will be claims of racism.

It's used as a crutch.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 10:01:29 PM EDT
[#14]
Are there racists?  Absolutely.  Do they come in different colors?  Absolutely.  Are they a minority?  Yes.  Are they a majority?  No.  

It's the media and politicians that fan the flames and create division.    

Link Posted: 5/29/2020 10:05:52 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Claims of racism will never, ever go away.  Never.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 10:05:58 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

One of the most Jew-hating, racist rants I've ever heard came from the mouth of an Indian(as in one from the actual subcontinent)shipping clerk. I don't remember how we got on the subject of politics, but he uncorked this stream-of-consciousness tirade about how the Jews have taken over the world, they are enslaving the world, etc., stuff straight out of the 'Protocols of the Elders of Zion'.

Any Klansmen who would have been in earshot would have told him to tone it down a little, it was that offensive.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I used to work at a job where I was one of two white guys and the rest were black.  We were standing in a circle smoking and joking with about 7-8 of my black coworkers and some the topic of Jews can up, not from me.  Like a symphony they all started talking about the same type of stuff.  About 2ish minutes  they all stop and look at me and ask if I am Jewish. Lol, I am not.  But it was crazy.  

Link Posted: 5/29/2020 10:06:35 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Claims of racism will never, ever go away.  Never.
View Quote

^
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 10:08:16 PM EDT
[#18]
I’m convinced all these Americans who claim America is the most racist country have never been overseas. Go overseas and see what real racism looks like. Anywhere in Asia is a good place to start.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 10:09:29 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don’t have any idea how they view Jews, but India has a caste system.  On that basis alone it has some of the highest discrimination in the world that would make any institutional racism in America pale by comparison.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 10:09:58 PM EDT
[#20]
No but Liberals are.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 10:12:32 PM EDT
[#21]
According to Jesse Jackass, Al Sharp-TON, and Louis Farra-CON.

Those clowns have done more to harm their own people, and destroy relations between black folks and white folks, than help either.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 10:13:49 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Institutional racism is disparities regarding wealth, income, criminal justice, employment, housing, health care, political power and education by race.

View Quote

I think this is basically how the left sees it - disparities in outcomes in those areas = 'institutional' racism. However, the only way actual racism can exist is if the inputs to the system are equal, while outcomes are unequal. We know that is not true. Each individual regardless of race/ethnicity will have variances in the inputs they drive into and through such systems, which will result in unequal outcomes, even between people who are in the same group/race/ethnicity/class/etc.

It basically disproves itself.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 10:15:59 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

I thought you got banned for some reason. Glad you're still kickin around.
View Quote

That's funny
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 10:16:08 PM EDT
[#24]
Nearly all the countries on this planet contain one or more "marginalized ethnic groups".  Of course, there are a few exceptions, but we are not that.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 10:19:38 PM EDT
[#25]
Not just the left saying it, but conservatives™ too

Just so we remember, Ted Cruz picked this woman to be his would-be VP

Link Posted: 5/29/2020 10:19:53 PM EDT
[#26]
No. America is institutionally stupid. This is manifested in conditions perceived as racist.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 10:24:58 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

I think this is basically how the left sees it - disparities in outcomes in those areas = 'institutional' racism. However, the only way actual racism can exist is if the inputs to the system are equal, while outcomes are unequal. We know that is not true. Each individual regardless of race/ethnicity will have variances in the inputs they drive into and through such systems, which will result in unequal outcomes, even between people who are in the same group/race/ethnicity/class/etc.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Institutional racism is disparities regarding wealth, income, criminal justice, employment, housing, health care, political power and education by race.

Remove race from the equation for a minute.

Take a white person born, raised and educated in a trailer park.

Now take a white person born, raised and educated in a wealthy suburb.

Pretend they have equal natural intelligence, athletic ability, and physical attractiveness.

The fact is, the person coming from the wealthy family is statistically more likely to succeed.  The poorer person certain can succeed and many do, but it is less likely.

We are a product of our environments to a certain extent, even if we have the same natural ability.

So if you then consider that more black people come from poorer environments (which is just a fact) it stands to reason that fewer will succeed.  It’s not racist in the sense that people dislike black people or deliberately hold them back.  It’s just that where we stand today, there are a higher percentage of poor blacks than poor whites.

So the inputs to the system will never be equal (even if the people had exactly the same natural ability).

I don’t think it’s necessarily a bad or good thing.  It’s certainly not deliberate.  It’s just life.  Life is not fair.  
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 10:27:09 PM EDT
[#28]
if America turned off it's generosity the world would immediately feel it's effects - a racist country would not be as giving as we are.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 10:31:51 PM EDT
[#29]
Western civilization was built on conquest and subjugation.

All empires are.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 10:34:38 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Yes. Against whites.
View Quote

It’s obvious that for many black Americans equality is not the goal so much as the chance to make white people feel how they were made to feel during the worst times for them in this country.

White Americans will never be allowed to forget slavery. Anything bad that happens to someone white courtesy of someone black is just karma being repaid.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 10:41:30 PM EDT
[#31]
No, but the DNC IS an institution of racism.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 10:41:35 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Pretend they have equal natural intelligence, athletic ability, and physical attractiveness.

The fact is, the person coming from the wealthy family is statistically more likely to succeed.  The poorer person certain can succeed and many do, but it is less likely.

We are a product of our environments to a certain extent, even if we have the same natural ability.

So if you then consider that more black people come from poorer environments (which is just a fact) it stands to reason that fewer will succeed.  It’s not racist in the sense that people dislike black people or deliberately hold them back.  It’s just that where we stand today, there are a higher percentage of poor blacks than poor whites.

So the inputs to the system will never be equal (even if the people had exactly the same natural ability).

I don’t think it’s necessarily a bad or good thing.  It’s certainly not deliberate.  It’s just life.  Life is not fair.  
View Quote

You're arguing my point - differences in the input are what will primarily affect the outcome, even among people where MOST factors are equal, race being one of them. It's not the system that determines the outcome, but the input. Sure, being born to a wealthy family will afford you more/better opportunities positively affecting the outcomes... but that's not dependent on race.

Inputs will never be equal, like you said, so trying to judge the system(s) solely by the outcomes is futile.

It's not the system that is bad, nor is it necessarily the disparity in inputs... it's the classification (and the condemnation) of the system based solely on disparities in outcomes between peoples of different groups, as if their group membership(s) is the only factor. It's first looking at it from the wrong end, and secondly vastly oversimplifying whatever processes are in place.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 10:49:45 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

That's funny
View Quote

I think iwasinthearmy is who I'm thinking of
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 11:03:04 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

You're arguing my point - differences in the input are what will primarily affect the outcome, even among people where MOST factors are equal, race being one of them. It's not the system that determines the outcome, but the input. Sure, being born to a wealthy family will afford you more/better opportunities positively affecting the outcomes... but that's not dependent on race.

Inputs will never be equal, like you said, so trying to judge the system(s) solely by the outcomes is futile.

It's not the system that is bad, nor is it necessarily the disparity in inputs... it's the classification (and the condemnation) of the system based solely on disparities in outcomes between peoples of different groups, as if their group membership(s) is the only factor. It's first looking at it from the wrong end, and secondly vastly oversimplifying whatever processes are in place.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I’m not arguing against your point, rather expanding on it.  

I think poverty is the driver, not individual racism.  But as long as a greater percentage of one race starts life in poverty that race as a whole will be naturally disadvantaged.

It’s a cycle that is nearly impossible to break.  Any method of breaking it has hugely negative effects in which society loses more than it gains.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 11:07:41 PM EDT
[#35]
A bunch of liberal idiots here in MN were claiming that George Floyd's murder was because of "systemic racism".  They get pissed when I point out that in Minneapolis the police chief, the sheriff, the mayor, the governor, the city council, the Congressional districts and Senators are all democrats.  If there is systemic racism, it's a democrat system, because they own it, top to bottom.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 11:09:49 PM EDT
[#36]
No.

But Black Americans keep teaching their children that they can't succeed because the white man will always keep them down.  My wife knew an anesthesiologist woman who is black.  The woman is rich.  She owns a nice house in Columbia MD, another house in FL, and drives a Mercedes.  But all she talks about is how bad the white people treated the blacks.

Then we have millionaire athletes who bitch about how hard it is to be black in America.

I'm fed up of this crap.  The #1 think keeping Black Americans from succeeding is their culture.  They don't value education, they have broken families, they have no respect for anyone or anything, and they don't take responsibility for their own actions.  I've met black people from Africa who feel the same way about Black Americans.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 11:32:07 PM EDT
[#37]
The answer is yes and anybody that says no is living in denial. When is the last time you watched White Entertainment Television?

hp6 - you contradicted yourself ^ you said 'no' then gave examples of 'yes'.

Link Posted: 5/30/2020 4:13:25 AM EDT
[#38]
The liberals are masters at "soft racism"

That said, no, America as a whole is not racist

Link Posted: 5/30/2020 4:22:21 AM EDT
[#39]
Unfortunately, institutional racism is still alive and well; and propagated in the form of affirmative action, elimination of standards and testing, the media ignoring news that doesn't fit the story, and others which tend to support the government favored groups.
Link Posted: 5/30/2020 4:26:10 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Oh, please.

View Quote

This sounds like the demoralization Bezmenov was talking about.  There are other posters who are also fond of something like this - the "horseshoe theory" nonsense.

Could you elaborate on where the "profit" is that these two groups get?

Saying R vs D doesn't matter ignores that there are very real consequences for places ruled by D vs those governed by R.  It's self-evident in everything from rule of law to business climate to quality of life.  Those who've gone through the transition of somewhere that's changed from D to R have seen it firsthand - ask the old Californians.

I can understand the frustration, and there's regions where R vs D can be nothing more than political theater (usually involving RINOs/weak GOPe), but to say it all is ignores that there really isn't one side, and there isn't one team, and that the differences in regions and politics are substantive and demonstrative.  It was well on display when we were watching the differences in states opening/closing due to COVID between R & D, and it's even more apparent now with national riots ongoing.
Link Posted: 5/30/2020 4:40:23 AM EDT
[#41]
I've spent the majority of my adult life overseas, living and working in multiple countries in Africa, the ME, Europe and Asia.

America is by far the most generous and least racist country I've experienced.  Racism in many countries around the world is defined as wholesale slaughter, visceral discrimination and outright visible hate.  In many other scenarios, particularly in Northern Europe, its much more subtle.

No, America isn't inherently racist. America is soft and has been manipulated by the left, through schools, the media, etc.., to believe that serious racism exists.  This manipulation has little to do with race. It has to do with "fundamentally changing" America.  

Don't ever forget that the left never sleeps. The left will never find common ground nor will they negotiate their positions.  They will work diligently to take power on any level they can.  Once the left holds true power we will then get too see what real brutality and in many cases, real racism looks like.
Link Posted: 5/30/2020 7:30:02 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I’m convinced all these Americans who claim America is the most racist country have never been overseas. Go overseas and see what real racism looks like. Anywhere in Asia is a good place to start.
View Quote

Or they can stay local, find a Puerto Rican man, and call him Mexican to his face.  You’ll hear a racist rant in response that would make Klansmen blush.
Link Posted: 5/30/2020 7:38:18 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 5/30/2020 7:41:04 AM EDT
[#44]
Institutional power in America belongs to the left at every level of government and in the private sector as well.

The left wants you to believe that deep down, all their own problems and failures are really the fault of hidden white racists who are sabotaging their efforts.
Link Posted: 5/30/2020 7:46:30 AM EDT
[#45]
TL;DR

Humans are engineered to be inherently biased against anyone not from “our tribe” or village or hunting pack.

It’s a defense mechanism from way back.

Why do Yankees fans despise Red Sox fans? Why do Michigan fans hate OSU fans? (I mean, other than being obnoxious fuckers...)

Race is just another marker for exclusion. It doesn’t preclude us having friends of other races, we’re just wired to view non-tribe members as a threat.

The Libtards think we’ve evolved to a higher plane and should be beyond that. We haven’t, IMO.

TC
Link Posted: 5/30/2020 7:53:26 AM EDT
[#46]
I wouldn't say racist.  I would say well intentioned, but completely wrong in  our approach to what to do about blacks and their inability to successfully integrate into our society.

Whatever chance most blacks had of successfully integrating into the existing social economic structure of this country were destroyed when the liberals decided to start paying them not to have families and jobs.

Think about it.   Slavery couldn't kill the black family.   But, liberals did.

And, it's spilled over now, to other demographics.

The American Dream was never supposed to be, to get paid to have lots of kids you can't afford, live in crappy, but free housing, and get "free" money to buy your beer, cigarettes and drugs with.  But, that is what it has become for most blacks (and a ton of whites and Hispanics).

Daniel Patrick Moynihan saw this coming, wrote about it in the 60's, and became the most hated liberal by liberals in the whole country.
Link Posted: 5/30/2020 7:56:39 AM EDT
[#47]
Human beings worldwide are mostly racist.  America is somewhat unique in our efforts to overcome racism.
Link Posted: 5/30/2020 7:57:09 AM EDT
[#48]
I have travelled and lived around the World. The U.S. is about the LEAST “racist” nation on Earth. Even compared to relatively homogeneous countries, the U.S. stands out because of it’s tolerance and equal opportunities for success for all. That is why so many people risk everything just to get here!

Our problem is that we have allowed Leftists make us feel bad for being so great.

We are a nation of 330,000,000 and on Monday ONE asshole with a badge murdered someone and has now been charged with that crime. That is NOT evidence of “institutional racism”

Riddle me this; Where is the outrage over a young Black man beating the shit out of an elderly White man in a nursing home earlier this month? https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/24/us/detroit-nursing-home-beating-charges/index.html

Link Posted: 5/30/2020 8:05:38 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

I think poverty is the driver, not individual racism.  But as long as a greater percentage of one race starts life in poverty that race as a whole will be naturally disadvantaged.

It’s a cycle that is nearly impossible to break.  Any method of breaking it has hugely negative effects in which society loses more than it gains.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Poverty is driven largely by culture.  You don’t have to go too far back in history to get to a time when the vast majority of people in this country were worse of than those in what we call poverty today.  Some put in the work to give their children a better life.  Some whine about their circumstances and wait for a handout.
Link Posted: 5/30/2020 8:10:18 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
That's what the left keeps saying, that's what most of the media keeps saying/implying. I just heard Tucker discuss the premiss and the fallacy therein. Well, is America essentially racist?
View Quote

To be honest we probably are to some extent.

However I think as a society the word racism is just so ingrained in our culture and tossed around so much that it's lost some meaning.

I work with a black girl, and learned early on to be very careful what I say around her..This stems from the fact that I overheard some conversation she had where she was crying racism because she wasn't allowed to go into her gym for one reason or another.  

Than there is the black guy that comes into service the mass specs in our department.  I have absolutely no reason to say anything to him or to interact with him at all...None. Even if I wanted to I am frankly far too busy at my job during the day to even give him a second thought.  He complained to someone that I was racist because I wouldn't talk to him or say hi to him...All I could think when I heard that was "why the hell does this black guy want some random white dude chatting him up for no reason"
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top