BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 8
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 7:05:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I called it. Saying you "can't breath" means you can breath. He's not the gem everyone played him out to be. The optics are terrible, but facts are facts.
View Quote

If you are able to speak, doesn't that mean you can get air and breathe?
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 7:05:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Yes, someone running over a person with a car is the same as police restraining a combative suspect.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Lol, reminds me of the retards who argued that Heath Heyer (Charlottesville) died from a heart attack. I mean, the blunt force trauma to the chest that caused the heart attack wasn't murder, she died from a heart attack because she was fat, right?

Seems like this is textbook manslaughter, unintentional homicide, however you want to put it. First degree murder would be going too far, but his negligent and extraordinary actions led to death - underlying health conditions mean jack shit.

Yes, someone running over a person with a car is the same as police restraining a combative suspect.

You're drawing the wrong similarity. The similarity is this idea that somehow cause doesn't follow effect.

"Getting shot didn't kill him, blood loss did!"
"Getting run over didn't kill her, a heart attack [caused by getting run over] did".
"Getting his neck sat on didn't kill him, the underlying health conditions [triggered by having his neck knelt on] did".

It's a gallery of the fucking absurd.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 7:06:21 PM EDT
[#3]
What gets me is that he was arrested for passing a bad $20 bill.  Unless it's obvious, then most of the time they just take your info and ask you where you got the money from.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 7:06:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

The article I read said that the actions of the police also "contributed".
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
...strangulation, says Floyd had underlying medical conditions that contributed to his death.

Ut oh, sounds like murder/manslaughter may be an invalid charge.

Funny way of saying the dude wouldn’t have died if officer McMurderer hadn’t been kneeling on his neck.

It’s manslaughter or murder 2, depending on how you look at it.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 7:06:30 PM EDT
[#5]
They get to burn it all down again when he's let off.

Of course he didn't get choked out from that. Really dumb for the cop to do because it looks bad, but it did no damage. Cokehead with heart disease.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 7:07:17 PM EDT
[#6]
I think the DOJ needs to send in their own doc to do an autopsy. I do not believe the man would be dead but not for the officers actions. The cop ignored everything being told to him about the mans condition.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 7:08:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I called it. Saying you "can't breath" means you can breath. He's not the gem everyone played him out to be. The optics are terrible, but facts are facts.
View Quote

Can breath?  Yes.  Can breath sufficiently to sustain life?  Not always.  Can breath without so much strain that it may cause other medical issues?  Not always.

This stupid shit gets repeated all the time but in reality someone saying "I can't breath" in a clearly panicked tone is a good sign that something is very wrong.  No shit they aren't going to take the time to say "I'm having a hard time breathing!" if they are fighting for every little bit of air.

If you are restraining a guy face down and he starts to say "I can't breath" in a labored or panicked tone you better take it seriously and start to assess the guy.  You sure as fuck don't want to be the retard kneeling on his neck while he is saying that and then carry on about it business as usual.  You DEFINITELY don't want to be the fucking retard that doesn't realize the guy has been unresponsive for 3+ minutes and you're on camera having not checked a single vital or at least any sort of response.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 7:08:15 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Hmmm...just like I said before being I was attacked by the arfcom know it alls. The knee wasn’t what killed him. Either an underlying issue or excited delirium, in conjunction with proper medical care being withheld.

To clarify, I still think the the actions and lack there of by the officer were reprehensible. The lack of compassion or care of a person in his custody when he was in obvious distress rises to the level of at least man daughter IMHO
View Quote

No, nothing could be as bad as man daughter from this incident!

Being able to talk and adequately breathe are two very separate things. Why cops aren’t taught this by now I have no idea.
He wasn’t strangled by the neck hold, but staying on him and keeping him pinned for MINUTES after he stopped Responding and breathing With no chest rise inspiration definitely contributed to his death and all those cops legal and moral duties were not upheld . You could tell he made a show of pinning him harder when the crowd started to complain.

Link Posted: 5/29/2020 7:08:18 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
They get to burn it all down again when he's let off.

Of course he didn't get choked out from that. Really dumb for the cop to do because it looks bad, but it did no damage. Cokehead with heart disease.
View Quote

Cocaine can cause heart problems.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 7:08:28 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

You're drawing the wrong similarity. The similarity is this idea that somehow cause doesn't follow effect.

"Getting run over didn't kill her, a heart attack [caused by getting run over] did".
"Getting his neck sat on didn't kill him, the underlying health conditions [triggered by having his neck knelt on] did".

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Lol, reminds me of the retards who argued that Heath Heyer (Charlottesville) died from a heart attack. I mean, the blunt force trauma to the chest that caused the heart attack wasn't murder, she died from a heart attack because she was fat, right?

Seems like this is textbook manslaughter, unintentional homicide, however you want to put it. First degree murder would be going too far, but his negligent and extraordinary actions led to death - underlying health conditions mean jack shit.

I didn't draw anything. You tried to compare apples and oranges to make a point, you failed!
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 7:09:43 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

That wouldn't prove anything as that's not what happened.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Willing to let someone kneel on your throat for 8 min to prove your hypothesis?

That wouldn't prove anything as that's not what happened.

Video says otherwise.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 7:10:57 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Of course they did, did the guy resist though?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Of course they did, did the guy resist though?

I mean, there's literally video. I guess laying on the ground is resisting?

If the video was 30 seconds long you could certainly argue "what happened before that". But wasn't he on his neck for like 8+ minutes? So what happened before that was.. "Laying on ground.." "More laying on ground" "Gasping". "Laying on ground". "Laying on ground gasping." Count each of those for a minute, and you have 3 more minutes of that. During which of those 8 minutes did he stop being a threat?
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 7:11:40 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Nope.  That's the Opposite of what the report said.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Fuck.

Here let me help you

"The combined effects of Mr. Floyd being restrained by police, his underlying health conditions and any potential intoxicants in his system likely contributed to his death."

Which means, if the cops hadn't knelt on his neck for 8 minutes he wouldn't have died. Since those underlying conditions describe most American adults over 40 its not hard to realize how much of an impact the restraint had. Also just because he didn't asphyxiate doesn't mean their actions did not cause his death.

Also the polices absolute refusal to render care when he was unresponsive lead do his death

Or for you. Herp derp, deerp Herp Herp derp derpity Herp. Herp derp derp.

Link Posted: 5/29/2020 7:11:51 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Can breath?  Yes.  Can breath sufficiently to sustain life?  Not always.  Can breath without so much strain that it may cause other medical issues?  Not always.

This stupid shit gets repeated all the time but in reality someone saying "I can't breath" in a clearly panicked tone is a good sign that something is very wrong.  No shit they aren't going to take the time to say "I'm having a hard time breathing!" if they are fighting for every little bit of air.

If you are restraining a guy face down and he starts to say "I can't breath" in a labored or panicked tone you better take it seriously and start to assess the guy.  You sure as fuck don't want to be the retard kneeling on his neck while he is saying that and then carry on about it business as usual.  You DEFINITELY don't want to be the fucking retard that doesn't realize the guy has been unresponsive for 3+ minutes and you're on camera having not checked a single vital or at least any sort of response.
View Quote
Since we're speculating...
The cops may have let him up after he first said that "I can't breathe".   And when he caught his breath, he started swinging at them.  
So they put him down again.  And then the iphone recordings began...
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 7:12:58 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No. "can't breath", as someone above pointed out, could mean "I am having problems breathing". You can intermittently choke someone and they can gasp out their distress in words, doesn't mean they aren't having trouble breathing.

Maybe don't choke people or put them in breathing distress if you don't want to cause heart attacks and get charged with murder, but that's just me.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 7:13:34 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You are still functioning, just not the way the system is designed to. Your volume is reduced. So then the blood/ CO2 exchange is reduced. It's very distressing. When it happens to you.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 7:13:50 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

We obviously need more evidence.
The TBL crowd should recreate the event and show us just how survivable it is.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 7:14:23 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Another tragic Coronavirus death.
View Quote

Coro-knee Virus Relted Death.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 7:16:40 PM EDT
[#19]
If Floyd died from underlying circulatory conditions "exacerbated by being held down by Minneapolis officers," that means he probably (definitely) wouldn't have died if Officer McKneely hadn't used excessive force for an excessive length of time.  It is now the DA's job to prove a manslaughter charge on those grounds, the defense's job to argue "but not beyond a reasonable doubt," and a jury's job to decide what "reasonable" means.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 7:16:55 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I suspected it was restriction of blood flow, not restriction of air.  Not sure there is a real difference.
View Quote

Agreed, breathing was fine but that pressure on blood vessels...
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 7:17:08 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
The cops may have let him up after he first said that "I can't breathe".   And when he caught his breath, he started swinging at them.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He was handcuffed, and they didn’t even have to let him up.

Get off his neck and roll him into his side. Or even start with getting off his neck.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 7:17:32 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Fuck.

Here let me help you

Which means, if the cops hadn't knelt on his neck for 8 minutes he wouldn't have died. Since those underlying conditions describe most American adults over 40 its not hard to realize how much of an impact the restraint had. Also just because he didn't asphyxiate doesn't mean their actions did not cause his death.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fuck.

Here let me help you

"The combined effects of Mr. Floyd being restrained by police, his underlying health conditions and any potential intoxicants in his system likely contributed to his death."

So why are you having such a problem understanding that the make it or break it part of the case is the couple of minutes before he was taken to the ground?  We haven't seen that video yet but you are making assumptions on incomplete information.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 7:17:34 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Fuck.

Here let me help you

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fuck.

Here let me help you

So your new standard is that if you intend to restrain someone you must know their health conditions.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 7:18:23 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 7:18:26 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Fuck.

Here let me help you

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fuck.

Here let me help you

So let me make it simple for you, if he hadn't taken the drugs that he took then he wouldn't have been in that situation.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 7:20:38 PM EDT
[#26]
Cops deal with the mentally ill all day long.  They probably need more training on how to handle the mentally ill and dogs.  But they seem to do a pretty good job most of the time considering that they aren't mind readers.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 7:21:13 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

So why are you having such a problem understanding that the make it or break it part of the case is the couple of minutes before he was taken to the ground?  We haven't seen that video yet but you are making assumptions on incomplete information.
View Quote

Because that's not really relevant. When the police take people into custody they bear the responsibility for the health and safety of the detainee.

Kneeling on a dudes neck, with two dudes on top of him after he became unresponsive is doing neither. What he did before that doesn't matter. The officers were very aware Mr Floyd was in trouble and did nothing. Nothing to help him except grin at the camera and let him die.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 7:22:22 PM EDT
[#28]
He was straight up murdered.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 7:23:42 PM EDT
[#29]
So he would have died just by laying down then?
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 7:24:55 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Because that's not really relevant. When the police take people into custody they bear the responsibility for the health and safety of the detainee.

Kneeling on a dudes neck, with two dudes on top of him after he became unresponsive is doing neither. What he did before that doesn't matter. The officers were very aware Mr Floyd was in trouble and did nothing. Nothing to help him except grin at the camera and let him die.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep. If after he went lights out the officers relented and he still died, this would be a completely different ballgame.

But the argument about resisting arrest don’t hold much weight when you are talking about an unconscious man.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 7:24:58 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

When the police take people into custody they bear the responsibility for the health and safety of the detainee.

That's true but they also have an obligation to the safety of everyone around them and that part of the puzzle is still missing.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 7:25:20 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 7:25:33 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

So your new standard is that if you intend to restrain someone you must know their health conditions.
View Quote

If a detainee loses consciousness and dies while you're putting most of your weight on his neck and you do literally nothing to help him you've contributed to his death

"One of Chauvin's colleagues suggested rolling Floyd on to his side but Chauvin allegedly said, "No, staying put where we got him.”

When Floyd stopped moving, Officer J. Alexander Kueng "checked Mr. Floyd’s right wrist for a pulse and said, 'I couldn’t find one.' None of the officers moved from their positions," the complaint said"

Cops cannot do that
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 7:26:32 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

He was handcuffed, and they didn't even have to let him up.

Get off his neck and roll him into his side. Or even start with getting off his neck.
View Quote

How do you know what happened before the cops handcuffed him?  
The cops could have been wrestling with him before they were able to handcuff him.  
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 7:26:36 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
He was straight up murdered.
View Quote

Maybe, the question is was it because he was black?  That is the narrative.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 7:27:51 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

That's true but they also have an obligation to the safety of everyone around them and that part of the puzzle is still missing.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

When the police take people into custody they bear the responsibility for the health and safety of the detainee.

Yea because handcuffed unconscious people pose such a huge risk to people.

Jesus fuck, how do you even walk down the street at night knowing so many people are sleeping behind every door? Must be terrifying.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 7:28:41 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Sounds like bullshit.  He didn't just happen to have a cardiac arrest on the spot for no reason.
View Quote

And how do four people with CPR training,  three of them directly touching the individual, not notice the individual is in cardiac arrest?

Kharn
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 7:28:54 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
NG on scene, curfew in affect. Riots should be calming down.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/499084/29922471_jpg-1438011.JPG
View Quote
If they can enforce a curfew, why can't they enforce the laws against B&E, burglary and arson? This won't do shit unless they literally bring in paddy wagons and start tossing people in wholesale. And they won't.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 7:29:01 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fuck.

Here let me help you

Not really seeing how what happened before the 8+ minutes of restraint, 3 minutes of which he was unconscious, impacts this at all...
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 7:29:13 PM EDT
[#40]
Well, would you look at that, once again the hoodlums rioted for no reason other than they need to be shot.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 7:29:40 PM EDT
[#41]
Forecast says category 5 shit hurricane inbound...
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 7:30:12 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fuck.

Here let me help you

Yes, restraining someone reasonably and kneeling on their neck for 8 minutes are the same thing, perfect analogy.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 7:30:24 PM EDT
[#43]
If true, and the officer is acquitted at trial, the rioting will be EPIC!
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 7:30:41 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Well, would you look at that, once again the hoodlums rioted for no reason other than they need to be shot.
View Quote

I swear to god I need to set up a literacy program for arfcom.

The number of you who can’t read plain English that’s right in front of you is astounding.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 7:30:46 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

The cops could have been wrestling with him before they were able to handcuff him.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He was handcuffed, and they didn't even have to let him up.

What's your point?
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 7:30:51 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

So let me make it simple for you, if he hadn't taken the drugs that he took then he wouldn't have been in that situation.
View Quote

Still doesn't matter.

When the police detain you they take responsibility for you. These officers literally let a man die underneath them and are listed as a contributing factor in his death.

They chose to take no action even after being made aware he was in trouble.

Link Posted: 5/29/2020 7:31:25 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View Quote

Says another one unwilling to get kneeled on for 8min.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 7:31:51 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote

Once you have cuffs on and on the ground you are restrained.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 7:32:03 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
His knee was on his neck for 8 minutes 45 seconds.  Approximately 3 after he was unresponsive.  That cops is a murderer.
View Quote

yep.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 7:32:23 PM EDT
[#50]
At least with Trump it will be investigated accurately.
The SJW will riot when the racist Science proves that he died of bad health
Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top