Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 5
Link Posted: 5/27/2020 8:47:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I took the wrong exit and wound up in East St. Louis.

Never again.
View Quote

Home of Rap Snacks and tha Hustler Club!

I don’t blame you.

Link Posted: 5/27/2020 8:48:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Ancient Buddhist cemetery somewhere near Cambodian border...
Link Posted: 5/27/2020 8:49:01 PM EDT
[#3]
This place is pretty creepy at night...………….my wife and I stayed here, and it is pretty spooky at night

Omni Parker House
Link Posted: 5/27/2020 8:49:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Nothing crazy but it does remind me when we rolled into Bolinas, CA on our way to hike Alamere Falls. Stopped at the local store the for some food.  There was a real weird vibe we all felt, like it was a town out of a horror movie where you get killed.  It didn't help that it was dark and misty that day either. Then I Google it out of curiosity and wiki has this:

The community is known for its reclusive residents. It is only accessible via unmarked roads; any road sign along State Route 1 that points the way into town has been torn down by local residents
Link Posted: 5/27/2020 8:49:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Since folks are sensitive, RACCOON hunting, brother in law and myself with "Patches" One night Patches got a tad rambunctious and we had to split up to slow her down. Well, I found her and was walking back, ended up in a clearing-in the middle of a small graveyard. It was a full moon, I'm 16, no gun and in the middle of nowhere. Guess it may have been my imagination, but the chill, the hair raising on my neck and the feeling of not being alone. Yeah, at the time it was scary and probably would be again today.

Even all of the years hunting, chasing and catching every type of felon, never felt like I did that night.

I visited Dachau when I was stationed in FRG, it wasn't scary from the sense above but from the standpoint of how evil some can be. I didn't have to see it to believe it though.

A family friend who was a Vietnam veteran, USMC, saw extensive combat and became a NY State Trooper told us when he was sent to NYC during the blackout, he thought he wouldn't make it out alive. That says something about that crap hole
Link Posted: 5/27/2020 8:50:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Sedlec Ossuary in Kutna Hora, Czechia

Link Posted: 5/27/2020 8:52:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The solitary confinement area of the old Ohio State Reformatory in Mansfield. Most of the old prison is pretty cool and it's fun to see. However the solitary confinement part is reputedly the most paranormally active area, and it's dank and cold and miserable just walking through it.
View Quote

This.

I was part of a photography group that had the run of the place for a few hours one Sunday afternoon.  “The hole” freaked me out.
Link Posted: 5/27/2020 8:53:20 PM EDT
[#8]
My mother in laws condo.

It was haunted by an evil witch.
Link Posted: 5/27/2020 8:54:43 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

There are a lot of lost souls at Gettysburg.
View Quote

The Confederate side of the rock wall at the Angle. I got chills knowing I was standing where so many men had died trying to go over that wall.
Link Posted: 5/27/2020 8:55:38 PM EDT
[#10]
FALAKA ISLAND kUWAIT

THE island was taken by air assault by Saddam in 91 & never reopened to anyone I was there in 20032 weeks after 4 or 5 marines were killed by terrorist there,

I had to pull guard in the abandoned hospital one night there was still blood on the walls & DSHKAs rusting on the sidewalks.  there was no wind yet the leaves never stop blowing around
Link Posted: 5/27/2020 8:56:01 PM EDT
[#11]
The basement of my in-laws house
Link Posted: 5/27/2020 8:56:28 PM EDT
[#12]
The Queen Mary.

I stayed the night there as a kid.

That place was the creepiest place at night.

Link Posted: 5/27/2020 8:57:10 PM EDT
[#13]
Pennhurst when it was abandoned.

After watching lots of film from when the mentally ill were there, raped, abused, murdered, buried there etc.
Link Posted: 5/27/2020 8:58:07 PM EDT
[#14]
A half mile into a cave quickly filling up with water with only a lighter to find my way out.
Link Posted: 5/27/2020 8:58:37 PM EDT
[#15]
The old Sheldon Center and Northville Tunnels in Northville, MI. Abandoned youth mental facility. This was back in the 90s. I believe they finally tore it down and built houses in its place.
Link Posted: 5/27/2020 9:00:52 PM EDT
[#16]
There was a river bed in Afghanistan where the bodies would float to In the winter and rainy season and decomposed in the summer. It was nothing but dry bones. Pure white. It was also the only road way so you’re stuck driving over them. That was hellish and surreal.
Link Posted: 5/27/2020 9:05:41 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Tuol Sleng prison
View Quote

Yeah.  And the killing fields.  
Link Posted: 5/27/2020 9:09:33 PM EDT
[#18]
An illicit trip up the inside of a smokestack of a small, in-commission steam plant.  I think it fired up about 45 minutes after we got out of there.  Those ladder rungs were so rusted.  More than one dislodged under load.
Link Posted: 5/27/2020 9:10:52 PM EDT
[#19]
The DMZ in Korea was a tad creepy, at least during the Cold War era.
Link Posted: 5/27/2020 9:11:12 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
The gas chamber at Auschwitz. When I was there as part of the tour they would shut the doors on the group. There was a presence in that room.
View Quote

This
Link Posted: 5/27/2020 9:11:36 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I was inside one of the Auschwitz train cars. It was extremely eerie.
View Quote

Yeah, I'll take your word for it.

No desire to find out myself.
Link Posted: 5/27/2020 9:13:41 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 5/27/2020 9:15:41 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Same, Dachau.

Glad I went but never want to go back.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
The gas chamber at Auschwitz. When I was there as part of the tour they would shut the doors on the group. There was a presence in that room.

Came here to say gas chamber, except at Dachau.

Same, Dachau.

Glad I went but never want to go back.

Yes, definitely. I was born in Dachau in 1977. Went to the concentration camp in 2012 and you cannot describe the feeling in the gas chamber.  

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/27/2020 9:19:27 PM EDT
[#24]
I've been inside this hotel:
Attachment Attached File

Baker in Mineral Wells.
Link Posted: 5/27/2020 9:21:12 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I don't believe in any supernatural events because I've never had one.

The spookiest time for me was when I peered into the glowing rods of uranium of a A4W reactor from about five or six feet.  

That shit is the most magic I have ever seen - fission.
View Quote

I've always wanted to see that in person.
Link Posted: 5/27/2020 9:31:40 PM EDT
[#26]
Working the graveyard shift one summer, cleaning out a warehouse basement.  

Saw a rat as big as a Holstein calf.
Link Posted: 5/27/2020 9:34:44 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Never again.
View Quote

did the same thing, towing a camper.
Link Posted: 5/27/2020 9:35:55 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
The basement of a former mental hospital in Va...
View Quote
St. Albans? I was going to write about it here.
Link Posted: 5/27/2020 9:35:59 PM EDT
[#29]
Paradise, California. During the Camp Fire.
Link Posted: 5/27/2020 9:39:45 PM EDT
[#30]
An apartment. Came home one day to literal plague of flies from Exodus.
Link Posted: 5/27/2020 9:40:12 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Byberry State Hospital in Phila.  When I was going to K9 school, the hospital had been closed because of the ACLU.  We were doing night work, running searches in the abandoned buildings before they were demolished.  We had to go through the basement of every building before we started, because some of the former patients had come back and were living there.  Place was creepy even when it was open, had a definite horror movie castle vibe, but abandoned, no power and psych patients roaming around unspervised?
View Quote

Same but Pennhurst.
Link Posted: 5/27/2020 9:42:53 PM EDT
[#32]
Jailcell. Me and 3 white dopers that each weighed 100 pounds and 38 brothers. On the night during the trump campaign when the old guys were pushing the young black girl around. It was on the news on repeat. It got diceu for a bit.
Link Posted: 5/27/2020 9:43:16 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Working the graveyard shift one summer, cleaning out a warehouse basement.  

Saw a rat as big as a Holstein calf.
View Quote

Ayuh.
Link Posted: 5/27/2020 9:46:21 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote

The museum in DC was bad enough for me, can’t image being there. The ride in the elevator that only went up one floor took like two minutes and we were packed in there. Started getting kinda anxious not going to lie.
Link Posted: 5/27/2020 9:55:34 PM EDT
[#35]
Two places I won't ever go back... Because... Well, stuff.

The old  Russell County Courthouse, in Seale Alabama.  I don't believe in ghost per say, but I saw someone in a stripped prisoner's jumpsuit, walking down the hall... in a barred up, padlocked building thats been abandoned since 1930 something.

The second is Crybaby Hollow, Decatur.  I'm not saying we heard babies screaming, in the woods, at night... but we heard something, and we got the loving hell out of there.  

...fuck both of those places.
Link Posted: 5/27/2020 10:14:02 PM EDT
[#36]
Navajo Nation in northern Arizona after dark on a solo motorcycle trip and Transylvania at sundown and after dark in late 80s Communist Romania I would rank as a tie.

The embassy in Romania could get pretty spooky too late at night alone on watch.  
Link Posted: 5/27/2020 10:18:04 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
The Ridges in Athens, OH.
View Quote

Tell me more. I hunt in nelsonville area
Link Posted: 5/27/2020 10:22:03 PM EDT
[#38]
USS Arizona. Visited the memorial as a kid in the 70s. Too young to fully grasp the enormity of the december 7th attack, but I sensed something that was very disturbing like sadness or despair and began to sob uncontrollably.

Sailed past it on a Navy ship in '91. We were "manning the rails" to render honors. I did not feel the same feeling as I did the first time, rather I felt priveleged to be in uniform and honored to be able to pay my respects. The eerie thing was what our ship did. It got quiet. If you have ever been aboard a ship, you know it has a regular, normal, everyday sound, like it is alive in a way. When we sailed past the Arizona, hundreds of sailors and Marines at attention giving a hand salute, the ship got quiet. It was as if the ship was paying respects as well. Eerie as fuck when I realized what happened and the hair stood up on the back of my neck.
Link Posted: 5/27/2020 10:26:06 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote

This, and the grounds at the much larger Auschwitz II down the road.  That entire place had a heaviness in the air that I’ve never felt anywhere before.

I’m not a very spiritual person but the entire Auschwitz and Auschwitz II complexes were filled with bad juju.
Link Posted: 5/27/2020 10:30:18 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dachau was bad, but to me Auschwitz was much worse.  There is something about that place that haunts me to this day to think about it.
Link Posted: 5/27/2020 10:30:46 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote

Similarly, my visit to Dachau. That whole place was eerie, the gas chamber and crematory especially so.
Link Posted: 5/27/2020 10:31:46 PM EDT
[#42]
Downtown Birmingham circa ‘92 at 2am. The freaks come out at night.
Link Posted: 5/27/2020 10:35:40 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Never again.
View Quote

Damn, for good reason.

I once made a wrong turn in Richmond, VA. Wound up in a very bad looking neighborhood. I had my family with me. Never again also.
Link Posted: 5/27/2020 10:39:05 PM EDT
[#44]
Haunted Mansion, Disneyland
Link Posted: 5/27/2020 10:47:14 PM EDT
[#45]
Driving Texas to Pennsylvania when the Interstate sign said all traffic must exit and we were in Memphis at 2am.
Link Posted: 5/27/2020 10:51:54 PM EDT
[#46]
I was squirrel hunting in a bog off the north fork of the Calcasieu river in Louisiana. I came across two dead crows standing upright with their wings extended and cupped toward each other. They were in a circle of small rocks. I got the creepiest feeling I was being watched. I bid a hasty retreat and never went back.
Link Posted: 5/27/2020 10:54:14 PM EDT
[#47]
Death row at the old Ottawa Jail
Link Posted: 5/27/2020 10:58:51 PM EDT
[#48]
One summer I was paddling in northern Canada. I was alone. It was windy during the day, so I paddled a lot a night. It wasn't really dark, just a long drawn out twilight.
It must have been 3-4 in the morning, when I was looking to camp. Lot of the ground was muskeg and stunted trees. Finally, I came up to a clearing along the shore.

There was an old, old log cabin set back from the shore. Very small. Sod roof caved in.
Out front of the cabin were two mounds. Over grown, hard even to see.
These mounds were about two feet wide by six feet long.

I paddled on.
Link Posted: 5/27/2020 10:59:09 PM EDT
[#49]
Branch Davidian Compound, Waco, Texas.
Link Posted: 5/27/2020 11:03:28 PM EDT
[#50]
My ex-wife’s bedroom.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top