BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/18/2001 11:11:05 AM EDT
Link Posted: 5/18/2001 11:14:03 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/18/2001 11:16:58 AM EDT
[#2]
Fantastic GIBrat!
Happy to see that you will be able to get your boys out of a bad situation.  Hard to believe your ex picked her husband over her own kids, unbelievable.  Just says how much better they will be with you.  
guns762
Link Posted: 5/18/2001 11:18:38 AM EDT
[#3]
Congrat's GI Brat [:)]

CPS is basically a woman's charity group, they don't give a damn about the kids! They don't want to upset any of the Woman Groups, by giving custody to the father. CPS is basically a bunch of numb-nuts, who can't get a real job.

Hey CPS [-!-]
Link Posted: 5/18/2001 11:21:16 AM EDT
[#4]
Make sure to get her to sign a stipulation and get a modified decree entered by the court.  Otherwise she can whip them out of your hands next time she feels like it.
Link Posted: 5/18/2001 11:23:40 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/18/2001 11:50:07 AM EDT
[#6]
My congratulations to you, and the best of luck to you.

Why do women want to screw thier kids up, then just expect to dump the problem they created onto someone else and wash their hands of the matter?

Anyhow I hope their not too far gone that a little fatherly sterness won't just whip them up to be fine young men.
Link Posted: 5/18/2001 11:53:15 AM EDT
[#7]
Good for you!  Now make the bitch pay child support!
Link Posted: 5/18/2001 11:56:37 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 5/18/2001 11:58:25 AM EDT
[#9]
CONGRATS GI NOW GO BUY EACH ON A NEW RIFLE!!!!
Link Posted: 5/18/2001 12:08:37 PM EDT
[#10]
I was contemplating a post asking if there were any single parent fathers out there but figured it would be a waste and I was the only one.

I have 100% custody of my 3 year old daughter and 6 year old son. Makes life interesting being a single daddy raising two children in a society set up to support single women. Hey I am not complaining I love a good challenge and my children are being raised right.

Welcome to the club Bro!

Hunter out...

Link Posted: 5/18/2001 12:20:26 PM EDT
[#11]
It always does my heart good to see that sometimes the assholes of the world end up with what they truly deserve...................nothing.

I hope that one day we can be so lucky with my step-son.

I would shed no tears if a train hit his dad.

A big [red][size=6][b]CONGRATULATIONS[/RED][/B][/SIZE=6] to you.

Now,  take them boys a shootin'
Link Posted: 5/18/2001 12:22:07 PM EDT
[#12]
May God bless you men.

My children will always come first too.
Link Posted: 5/18/2001 12:38:25 PM EDT
[#13]
Good for you. In thinking back on growing up, it takes a man to teach a boy to be a man.

Teach them well.

Ron
Link Posted: 5/18/2001 12:48:31 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By GI Brat:
My boys hate their step-father because he is an A**HOLE and used my oldest son as a punching bag, while mother just stood by.
GIB
View Quote

[beer][<]:)]Congratulations[beer][<]:)]

Make sure your oldest is doing o.k.
Link Posted: 5/18/2001 4:41:42 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 5/18/2001 4:47:01 PM EDT
[#16]
Good job!!! I fought for my 2 boys and won 10 years ago!!! It's been tough at times but well worth it!!!
BRAVO TO YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 5/18/2001 5:02:43 PM EDT
[#17]
Congratulations!  My ex has our two boys.  Your story gives me encouragement to try for custody in court.  My ex doesn't like me owning guns either but my sons and new wife like the guns.

Thank you for sharing the good news!
Link Posted: 5/18/2001 5:31:04 PM EDT
[#18]
HHOOOAAAHHH!!!!!!!!!!!![beer]Teach them to fear God, shoot straight, and speak the truth.....
 My dad passed away when I was 8.  Women cannot make men out of little boys.  It takes  a man to raise a man.  Stand tall, and set a good example.
Link Posted: 5/18/2001 5:38:35 PM EDT
[#19]
Congradulations GI Brat. There is some justice in this world. I'm sure they will be much much better off with you than with the ex-B.

Now the second order of business. Kick the shit out of that step-asshole.

What goes around comes around.
Link Posted: 5/18/2001 6:02:05 PM EDT
[#20]
Congratulations GI Brat! Make sure you do what Imposter said and make sure the stip is modified by the court. My ex sent my son to live with me when he was 4. He's 14 now, and I shudder to think how he could have turned out had he stayed with her.

Enjoy your sons! [<]:)]
Link Posted: 5/18/2001 6:03:40 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 5/18/2001 6:11:03 PM EDT
[#22]
Excellent news!

I settled for shared custody ( my daughter is here half the time) after a three year battle, figuring that either the ex would get her shit together and all would be well, or she'd eventually cut her own throat, or get tired of the single mom thing, and I'd end up with full custody.

I'm pleased to say that the ex HAS gotten her shit together, and for now anyway, I don't have to worry about what happens when our daughter is with her.

The brews are on me tonight!

[beer][beer][beer][beer]
Link Posted: 5/18/2001 6:31:21 PM EDT
[#23]
It just doesn't have to do with boys.  I had to leave my two daughters with my ex- and her boyfriend to come over here to Korea, back in May of last year.  Leaving them to stay with her was the hardest thing I've ever had to do, but there was no choice.

They were only with her and him for six months, but you couldn't comprehend how bad the situation became.  Fortunately I was able to arrange to have them here with me, and it was worth everything that I had to go through to get it done.  

I've been a single-parent now for the last three years, except for the six months they were with her.  At times it's hard, but if you're ever going to sacrifice and not have a problem with it, it's going to be for your kids.  

"Wives come and go, but your children are your blood".

My girls will not be living with their mother in the foreseeable future, and they (and I) have no problems with that at all.  

Chris
Link Posted: 5/19/2001 2:12:56 AM EDT
[#24]
Good for you.   It's a challenge but I can tell you it can be the best thing you ever do in your life.

When my son's mom moved out of state for 'a while' I became his almost-only parent.  Well, she never came back except to get her stuff and eventually she wanted to take him away to the East Coast.  I went to court to keep this from happening, and thousands of $ later it was decided he would be here with me except for major holidays and most of Summer.

It's been hard sometimes, and lonely, but I never regretted it for a minute.  We've had great times together even though lately we knock heads in a health way.  It's great to see them growing and then finally maturing.  

As for Mom, he recognizes that she made her decision to put her own needs ahead of his and though they both care about each other he knows I'm the one always there for him, while she was bouncing from state to state and job to job until finally setting root.

Sure, it was financially devastating for a while.  But the times we've spent together and helped each other, whether at home or out fishing or hunting or whatever, there's no way that could be replaced.  Now his older brother is back in town, and it's better yet.
Link Posted: 5/19/2001 2:29:31 AM EDT
[#25]
[beer] [beer] [beer] [beer]

Good for you!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 5/19/2001 2:49:36 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 5/19/2001 8:46:01 AM EDT
[#27]
Godspeed.
It's a one in a gazillion chance.
Take advantage of a new life with the boys.
Link Posted: 5/19/2001 4:00:23 PM EDT
[#28]
Congrats! Got my 2 boys away from the pyscho ex about 3 years ago.

Make sure to get her to sign a stipulation and get a modified decree entered by the court. Otherwise she can whip them out of your hands next time she feels like it.
View Quote

Definitely on the "must do" list. Don't let it slide.

Good for you! Now make the bitch pay child support!
View Quote

She has a legal obligation to support her children also. Make sure she honors it.

Congrats again! [beer]

Link Posted: 5/19/2001 4:52:12 PM EDT
[#29]
As a newly remarried, former single parent of a 10 yr old son, I say congrats!!  My ex and I get along better now than when we were married and her new husband is good to my son - my new wife loves him and vice versa.  I REALLY hope all works out great for you.  Again - congrats.

Tate
Link Posted: 5/19/2001 4:57:17 PM EDT
[#30]
GLAD TO HEAR IT BRO, IV HAD MY SON 7 YEARS NOW AND IT HAS BEEN INTERESTNG TO SAY THE LEAST.DIDNT EVEN HAVE TO FIGHT FOR HIM,SEEMS HIS MOM LOVED THE CRACKPIPE MORE THAN HER KIDS.I LOVE MY SON WITH ALL MY HEART AND SHUDDER TO THINK WHAT WOULD HAVE BECOME OF HIM IF SHE HAD SKIPPED TOWN WITH HIM.ENJOY[cheers]
Link Posted: 5/19/2001 5:51:38 PM EDT
[#31]
I got sole custody of my son back in '77 when it was not real common. The judge spent a lot of time asking basically "do you think you are capable of raising a child?"
My answer was that I had been doing it before we split, and had been doing it since we split, and he's still alive".

I got him.

He's 30 now, has a family of his own, a house and a good, profesional job.
Any "scars"? Sure, it wasn't always easy, and looking back, I was too tough. But he's never been in real trouble, and he is a well liked person at work and with his social circle.
Given the times, (men did not have the social network and understanding to raise kids at that time.) I think we did real well.
My dad wasn't around when I was young so I always guessed on what was right. I told my son to start with the good that I did, and to correct himself where I was wrong. He's a great dad, better than me,  and I'm happy with the result. Hang in there, you can do it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top