BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 5082
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 10:32:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Hollywood_Shooter:
Meet Timmy.   Timmy has an AR-15.  That's a nice AR-15, Timmy.  Timmy says it's a good day for walking, and he's taking his AR-15 with him.  Timmy says walking is good for you.  So are lots of mags.  Timmy says he has 12-magazines with him today for his walk.  Timmy likes to walk.  Timmy likes to say hello to all the friendly people he meets on his walks.  Some of the people however are not so friendly.  Timmy sometimes has to shoot these people.  Timmy is a good shot.  Good shooting, Timmy!  Got another one!  Timmy knows when he's shot 180-rounds, it's time to turn around and head for home.  That only leaves 180 rounds for stacking commies on the way back.  Timmy knows it's important to be home before dark, because that's when shit gets weird.  Timmy doesn't like shit.  Unless it's on a commie pillow.  Timmy knows, the only good commie, is a commie waiting for a helo ride.  Timmy likes his AR-15.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/17/2021 10:33:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Doodles] [#2]
Weird misfire
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 10:33:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By evo7011:

11 mags are heavy AF. Combat effective load for an infantryman is 7 mags (210 rounds), which is what we trained and fought with. Many times my normal loadout was 9 mags, plus a few M9 mags. Missions changed sometimes, and during an overwatch it was common to have another 8 mags or so in an assault pack, but we were stationary and not walking around.

My current PC only has 3 mags on it, but I'm trying to figure out a way to add another mag pouch on it, and my belt will have 2 more mag pouches, so that will be a total of 7 mags whenever I get everything together and sorted out.
View Quote
yeah - but you had support.      Besides, I'm about the 87th most in-shape 55-year old I know.  I'm only taking ammo, water, and snacks.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 10:34:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Doodles:

Can you put a BFG Ten Speed mag pouch on the side of cummerbund?
View Quote

Not sure, I'm running the Crye JPC and still waiting on a cummerbund from Beez. Whenever that gets here I'll figure out how to mount an ESSTAC pouch on my right side.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 10:34:54 PM EDT
[#5]

View Quote

I have the Ferro cb that has built in elastic pockets sized for mags
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 10:34:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Meet Timmy.   Timmy has an AR-15.  That's a nice AR-15, Timmy.  Timmy says it's a good day for walking, and he's taking his AR-15 with him.  Timmy says walking is good for you.  So are lots of mags.  Timmy says he has 12-magazines with him today for his walk.  Timmy likes to walk.  Timmy likes to say hello to all the friendly people he meets on his walks.  Some of the people however are not so friendly.  Timmy sometimes has to shoot these people.  Timmy is a good shot.  Good shooting, Timmy!  Got another one!  Timmy knows when he's shot 180-rounds, it's time to turn around and head for home.  That only leaves 180 rounds for stacking commies on the way back.  Timmy knows it's important to be home before dark, because that's when shit gets weird.  Timmy doesn't like shit.  Unless it's on a commie pillow.  Timmy knows, the only good commie, is a commie waiting for a helo ride.  Timmy likes his AR-15.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 10:35:30 PM EDT
[#7]
View Quote

Be like Timmy.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 10:35:35 PM EDT
[#8]

why preferred?   easier to shoulder?  more accurate?  quicker to reload?

jelly as fuk.;  hate you, now more than ever.  please go on.
View Quote

Longer barrel for another 50m max range and easier too use as a light mortar. Sling is marked with range lines on inside (angles of fire). I step on range for lobbing over obstacles into dead space. Problem I had during GW1 with M16/M203 was forgetting it’s there. As during training your always pulling the 5.56 trigger not 40mm during force on force. It’s a training issue however. Give me a M79 for a deadicated gunner.  Mk13 6 shot revolving GL is just too bulky. Mk13 FN EGL for the SCAR only seen once and not fired. Just don’t like the short barrel on the M320 and forget about putting it on a M4

CD
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 10:35:36 PM EDT
[#9]

View Quote

so to answer your question -- not my cb.   the cb would have to have molle or velcro to make that work.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 10:36:32 PM EDT
[#10]

Not sure, I'm running the Crye JPC and still waiting on a cummerbund from Beez. Whenever that gets here I'll figure out how to mount an ESSTAC pouch on my right side.
View Quote

Cool, that's what I'm doing with the Ten speed.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 10:36:44 PM EDT
[#11]
yeah - but you had support.      Besides, I'm about the 87th most in-shape 55-year old I know.  I'm only taking ammo, water, and snacks.
View Quote

True, and snacks are very important. Speaking of, I need to stock up on Kind bars incase the SHTF this week.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 10:37:13 PM EDT
[#12]

I have the Ferro cb that has built in elastic pockets sized for mags
View Quote

Sweet.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 10:39:26 PM EDT
[#13]
View Quote

This makes some excellent copy pasta!
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 10:40:26 PM EDT
[#14]
I got some groceries, some peanut butter,
To last a couple of days
But I ain't got no speakers, ain't got no headphones,
Ain't got no records to play

Life During Wartime (2005 Remaster)
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 10:40:33 PM EDT
[#15]

Yes please but they make me gassy.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By FCSD2162:

Nope, it certainly did not.

OK, I will. Thank you, Grandfather. Would you like another Ensure?

Yes please but they make me gassy.

Our grandson is out of control.
What to do?
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 10:42:34 PM EDT
[#16]

Be like Timmy.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/17/2021 10:44:02 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By Combat_Diver:

Longer barrel for another 50m max range and easier too use as a light mortar. Sling is marked with range lines on inside (angles of fire). I step on range for lobbing over obstacles into dead space. Problem I had during GW1 with M16/M203 was forgetting it's there. As during training your always pulling the 5.56 trigger not 40mm during force on force. It's a training issue however. Give me a M79 for a deadicated gunner.  Mk13 6 shot revolving GL is just too bulky. Mk13 FN EGL for the SCAR only seen once and not fired. Just don't like the short barrel on the M320 and forget about putting it on a M4

CD
View Quote

Did you ever finger the china lake launcher?
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 10:44:04 PM EDT
[#18]

yours is better
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Cecenrse:

yours is better

I was taking a brief break from shitposting, had lost interest. However, going shooting today reignited that spark in me.

I learned from the master. You inspired me.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 10:44:29 PM EDT
[#19]
I’ve had it with PT NEWS. That idiot does nothing but whine and complain.  I think his liberal wife has rubbed off on him.

Salty Cracker on the other hand is awesome. He’s a fighter and funny.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 10:45:42 PM EDT
[#20]

Nope, it certainly did not.

OK, I will. Thank you, Grandfather. Would you like another Ensure?
View Quote

I'm old. Make it a mocha Monster energy drink and I'll accept your offer.  

Link Posted: 1/17/2021 10:46:19 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By zach_:

What to do?
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/17/2021 10:47:34 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By dbmers:
I’ve had it with PT NEWS. That idiot does nothing but whine and complain.  I think his liberal wife has rubbed off on him.

Salty Cracker on the other hand is awesome. He’s a fighter and funny.
View Quote

Agreed. Thanks to PT news, I am constantly bombarded with ads for shitty armor and crap I don't need. JeffMAC is another decent streamer.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 10:49:14 PM EDT
[#23]
View All Quotes

What to do?

https://media.giphy.com/media/Ll2fajzk9DgaY/giphy.gif

I tried Benadryl. It makes him want to listen to Barney.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 10:49:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Hollywood_Shooter] [#24]
Originally Posted By Willmar:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Willmar:

a slightly improved version then:

Meet Timmy.   Timmy has an AR-15.  That's a nice AR-15, Timmy.  Timmy says it's a good day for walking, and he's taking his AR-15 with him.  Enjoy your walk, Timmy! Timmy says walking is good for you.  So are lots of mags.  Timmy says he has 12-spare magazines with him today for his walk.  Timmy likes to walk.  Timmy likes to say hello to all the friendly people he meets on his walks.  Some of the people however are not so friendly.  Timmy sometimes has to shoot these people.  Timmy is a good shot.  Good shooting, Timmy!  Got another one!  We call these people "communists".  Timmy thinks combat reloads are wasteful.  Timmy knows when he's shot 180-rounds, it's time to turn around and head for home.  That only leaves 180 rounds for stacking commies on the way back.  Timmy knows it's important to be home before dark, because that's when shit gets weird.  Really weird, and Timmy doesn't like shit.  Unless it's on a commie pillow.  Timmy knows, the only good commie, is a commie waiting for a helo ride.  Don't be like a commie.  Timmy likes his AR-15, for stacking commies.  Be like Timmy.  
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 10:49:55 PM EDT
[#25]

View Quote

Link Posted: 1/17/2021 10:50:58 PM EDT
[#26]

That's what she said.
View All Quotes

Y'all are too much!

That's what she said.

Link Posted: 1/17/2021 10:52:40 PM EDT
[#27]
View Quote

Don't tease me with a good time.

Link Posted: 1/17/2021 10:53:29 PM EDT
[#28]

What to do?
View Quote

View Quote

View Quote

You'll all be asleep in your recliners before you get this figured out.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 10:54:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Hollywood_Shooter] [#29]

a slightly improved version then:

Meet Timmy.   Timmy has an AR-15.  That's a nice AR-15, Timmy.  Timmy says it's a good day for walking, and he's taking his AR-15 with him.  Enjoy your walk, Timmy! Timmy says walking is good for you.  So are lots of mags.  Timmy says he has 12-spare magazines with him today for his walk.  Timmy likes to walk.  Timmy likes to say hello to all the friendly people he meets on his walks.  Some of the people however are not so friendly.  Timmy sometimes has to shoot these people.  Timmy is a good shot.  Good shooting, Timmy!  Got another one!  We call these people "communists".  Timmy thinks combat reloads are wasteful.  Timmy knows when he's shot 180-rounds, it's time to turn around and head for home.  That only leaves 180 rounds for stacking commies on the way back.  Timmy knows it's important to be home before dark, because that's when shit gets weird.  Really weird, and Timmy doesn't like shit.  Unless it's on a commie pillow.  Also, Timmy is poors and doesn't have NV yet, so.... Timmy knows, the only good commie, is a commie waiting for a helo ride.  Don't be like a commie.  Timmy likes his AR-15, for stacking commies.  Be like Timmy.  
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/17/2021 10:55:33 PM EDT
[#30]

View Quote

Duct tape?  Flex Seal?

Link Posted: 1/17/2021 10:56:15 PM EDT
[#31]

Duct tape?  Flex Seal?

View Quote
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 10:58:00 PM EDT
[#32]

11 mags are heavy AF. Combat effective load for an infantryman is 7 mags (210 rounds), which is what we trained and fought with. Many times my normal loadout was 9 mags, plus a few M9 mags. Missions changed sometimes, and during an overwatch it was common to have another 8 mags or so in an assault pack, but we were stationary and not walking around.

My current PC only has 3 mags on it, but I'm trying to figure out a way to add another mag pouch on it, and my belt will have 2 more mag pouches, so that will be a total of 7 mags whenever I get everything together and sorted out.
View Quote

Yep.

Never did Infantry, but as an advisor we wore one combat load of 7 mags (+3 M9 mags) but carried 3X combat load in the truck for all 5 of us.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 10:59:51 PM EDT
[#33]

Duct tape?  Flex Seal?

View Quote

Absolutely!
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 10:59:57 PM EDT
[#34]
Assuming I'm not walking far, I think I can be combat effective with a max load out of 330 rounds.

3 in the kang pouch
3 stacked on top in a BFG lay flat shingle
2 in the cummerbund (1 on each side)
2 in a BFG lay flat 2-banger side-by-side on the war belt
1 in my pants cargo pocket

----

11 x 30 = 330

How's my math?  Oh.  +1 if I top off a mag with a round in the chamber.

More than that would get awkward.   6-on-the-chest already is.   Maybe 12 if I shoved one in my other pocket.
View Quote

I carry one 20 rd in rifle and 4x30 on BA.  Have multiple 4x30 bandoliers to sling over shoulder if needed

CD
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 11:01:10 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By elcope:

Yep.

Never did Infantry, but as an advisor we wore one combat load of 7 mags (+3 M9 mags) but carried 3X combat load in the truck for all 5 of us.
View Quote

You are reallllly complicating things. Now Timmy needs a driver and a truck.

Link Posted: 1/17/2021 11:01:58 PM EDT
[#36]
Power defy our needs, lift us up, show us now
Show us how amid the rack of confusion

Drive in thoughts of high, satisfy, in a plan
Set it out for all to understand it

We've heard before, but we just don't seem to move
The pressure's on
is there lack of concentration

we are ...
Lost and wondering, maybe, how it is

Seems to me, it's as simple as this
No matter, where you go, you're going to find
You won't see me in front, but you can't leave me behind

Power at first to the needs of each others' days
Simple to lose in the void sounds of anarchy's calling ways
All unaccounted for in the craziness of power
In the craziness

Release all, release all, or abandon your hope for your brother
Release all, release all, or abandon your hope for your sister
Release, release, enough controllers
Show some signs of appreciated loyalties

You're gonna, gonna, gonna, gonna get it right!
Straight jacket, freedom's march, is it all, far beyond
Our reason of understanding

Campaign everything, anti-right, anti-left
Anticipate the love of creation
Stand for every right
Kick it out, hear you shout
Further the right
Of all of creation

Link Posted: 1/17/2021 11:02:55 PM EDT
[#37]

Yep.

View All Quotes

Yep.

It didn't feel heavy.  

but my knees are fucked.  
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 11:03:37 PM EDT
[#38]

View All Quotes
Assuming I'm not walking far, I think I can be combat effective with a max load out of 330 rounds.

3 in the kang pouch
3 stacked on top in a BFG lay flat shingle
2 in the cummerbund (1 on each side)
2 in a BFG lay flat 2-banger side-by-side on the war belt
1 in my pants cargo pocket

----

11 x 30 = 330

How's my math?  Oh.  +1 if I top off a mag with a round in the chamber.

More than that would get awkward.   6-on-the-chest already is.   Maybe 12 if I shoved one in my other pocket.

My work load out is 3 flat on my ballistic vest carrier, 2 on my belt in a Taco and FastMag, and 1 in the rifle.  3 more in a triple mag pouch in my tricky bag.
3 Pistol mags on the vest in front of the AR mags, triple mag carrier on my belt, one in the gun.

Commute load out is AR pistol with 2 D60s: one in the gun, one in the bag.
G23 with 3 mags in my slingpack, G27 in the console.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 11:04:27 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By Combat_Diver:

I carry one 20 rd in rifle and 4x30 on BA.  Have multiple 4x30 bandoliers to sling over shoulder if needed

CD
View Quote

Between the pc and the slinged carbine, I'm adverse to getting tangled in much more than that.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 11:05:00 PM EDT
[#40]

Did you ever finger the china lake launcher?
View Quote

Nope

CD
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 11:06:28 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By BMWBIKR:
My work load out is 3 flat on my ballistic vest carrier, 2 on my belt in a Taco and FastMag, and 1 in the rifle.  3 more in a triple mag pouch in my tricky bag.
3 Pistol mags on the vest in front of the AR mags, triple mag carrier on my belt, one in the gun.

View Quote

oh snap! I forgot I have a Diesel60.   Put that in the gun I suppose.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 11:07:55 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By BMWBIKR:

View Quote

This is the way.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 11:08:54 PM EDT
[#43]

You are reallllly complicating things. Now Timmy needs a driver and a truck.

View Quote

All Timmy has to do is ask.

Link Posted: 1/17/2021 11:09:58 PM EDT
[#44]
with the D60, that gives me the potential for 420 rounds.  

i'm not saying I'm going anywhere like that.  maybe up on the roof?  for a nap?  

If I put 420 rounds down the pipe in short order, I'm either gonna have bacon for breakfast or need a new barrel.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 11:10:51 PM EDT
[#45]

Yeah, uh, pretty much my reaction too. What is "multiracial whiteness"? It sounds like they're saying that whiteness, or being white, isn't about skin color; but a particular set of beliefs or a frame of mind. Which is dumb as shit. I know plenty of folks that aren't white who share my same beliefs. So they're white now? One my best buddies is as dark as a struck match. Is he white now, too? I understand language evolves, but whoever wrote that headline is retarded and/or suffering from a stroke. I need some Tylenol now.
View Quote
According to Pravda, yes.  Liberalism is a mental illness.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 11:11:54 PM EDT
[#46]

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/3446/Driver-1211129.jpg
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/17/2021 11:16:15 PM EDT
[#47]
with the D60, that gives me the potential for 420 rounds.  

i'm not saying I'm going anywhere like that.  maybe up on the roof?  for a nap?  

If I put 420 rounds down the pipe in short order, I'm either gonna have bacon for breakfast or need a new barrel.
View Quote

They make barrels everyday.

Link Posted: 1/17/2021 11:16:49 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By Mariner82:
According to Pravda, yes.  Liberalism is a mental illness.
View Quote

Yeah, well put.

https://i.imgflip.com/4u7ue1.jpg
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/17/2021 11:17:36 PM EDT
[#49]

View All Quotes

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/3446/Driver-1211129.jpg

Link Posted: 1/17/2021 11:18:25 PM EDT
[#50]

They make barrels everyday.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Us0aFUssmTs
View Quote

and now, the bacon.
Page / 5082
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top