Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/17/2001 9:08:02 PM EDT
I posted a letter about the new uppers from POI, and I forgot to mention that I don't live to far from them about 80 miles or so. I figured If I am going to tell everyone that their stuff is good (wich I have had great success with)and being that I don't live far from them I would call them and ask if I could go to the factory and check it out. So I called them and they said as long as I made an appointment with the foreman I could come and see first had the opperation. So I did just that! I will have about one hour I was told to tour the factory. I think this is great and will get to see if they are all that technical or not! Would anyone like me to report on what I see next Monday? let me know, maybe their in a garage!
Link Posted: 5/17/2001 9:14:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Get an explanation from them as to WHY they didn't use the AR-15 bolt and carrier to begin with.  

I think that this might have saved them a TON of issues with their products.
Link Posted: 5/17/2001 9:19:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Get an explanation from them as to WHY they didn't use the AR-15 bolt and carrier to begin with.  

I think that this might have saved them a TON of issues with their products.
View Quote

You bet I will ask them that and what they have done to fix the problems of breaking bolts. thanks
Link Posted: 5/17/2001 9:23:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Ask them why my NEW, "out of the box" type 21 rifle stovepiped & would not eject...

Beautiful looking, $1000 gun that won't shoot...

Already got rid of it, & won't buy another...

Just my 2 cents...
Link Posted: 5/17/2001 9:34:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Ask them why my NEW, "out of the box" type 21 rifle stovepiped & would not eject...

Just my 2 cents...
View Quote

I agree that this sucks, but you have also said on multiple occasions that they offered to fix it for you if you sent it in, and you did not, and would not. You said that you weren't comfortable sending firearms in the mail. While new out of the box malfunctions suck, I think you slamming them every chance you get is a little unfair since it was in fact you who refused their offer for a free reapair or replacement. Not bustin your balls, but in my opinion to repeatedly slam someone offering to repair or replace is a little out of line. Just my .02

By the way, my rifle spits 'em with no malfunction. Did you follow their ammo suggestions?

Matt
Link Posted: 5/17/2001 9:58:36 PM EDT
[#5]
good info, I WAS thinking of trading for one...this is very interesting.
Link Posted: 5/17/2001 10:35:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just my 2 cents...
View Quote

I agree that this sucks, but you have also said on multiple occasions that they offered to fix it for you if you sent it in, and you did not, and would not. You said that you weren't comfortable sending firearms in the mail. While new out of the box malfunctions suck, I think you slamming them every chance you get is a little unfair since it was in fact you who refused their offer for a free reapair or replacement. Not bustin your balls, but in my opinion to repeatedly slam someone offering to repair or replace is a little out of line. Just my .02

By the way, my rifle spits 'em with no malfunction. Did you follow their ammo suggestions?

Matt
View Quote

I respect your opinion as well, and I'm not offended by your reply...

I also failed to mention that it took well over a week for a reply from them, and the reply was nothing more than "send in your stuff"...
My reason for posting my dis-satisfaction with the gun is simply because I feel if I spend over $1000 on a gun, it should work without any tinkering...and damn good too...
I'm sure, not all of thier guns are failure-prone, but mine was, so therefore I WILL share my experience with others...
This IS what we are here for,right?
To share good/bad experiences & info??
I don't only repeatedly knock the guns that don't work, but I also repeatedly praise the ones that do...  
I've heard others with negative comments on the CAR-15 also, so I'm not alone...
My 20" Bushmaster, 20" Colt HBAR Olympic, MAK-90 and Romanian AK-47's shoot fantastic and 100% ALL THE TIME...
If they didn't, I would certainly share it with folks...

BTW...My PMP ammo meets SAAMI & CIP specs, and works fantastic in my other AR's...so, It's definately NOT the ammo...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top