Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 1686
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 9:50:51 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By apexcrusade:

Was able to dump my high cost shares at 7.81at least.  Man some crazy price action going on, trades in the 5's and low 6's and then next in the high 7's, huge spreads and such
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By bradpierson26:
Originally Posted By Scrote:
Up 30%

February 02, 2023
7:15 am ET
Genius Group Announces $10 Per Share Blockchain-based Digital Discount Coupon (NFT) Per Share

https://www.globenewswire.com/news-release/2023/02/02/2600343/0/en/Genius-Group-Announces-10-Per-Share-Blockchain-based-Digital-Discount-Coupon-NFT-Per-Share.html

SINGAPORE, Feb. 02, 2023 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Genius Group Limited (NYSE American: GNS) (“Genius Group” or the “Company”), a leading entrepreneur edtech and education group, announces today a plan approved by the Board for a $10 Blockchain-based Digital Discount Coupon (Non Fungible Token “NFT”) per ordinary share to all shareholders as a move to reward shareholders and as part of the ongoing prevention measures being implemented by the company’s Illegal Trading Task Force.

Under the proposed plan, the company will follow a three step process to issue the $10 per share reward to shareholders:

Step One: Dual Listing of Genius Group shares on Upstream

This week Genius Group began the application process to dual list its shares on Upstream, the revolutionary trading app for digital securities and NFTs powered by Horizon Fintex (“Horizon”) and MERJ Exchange Limited (“MERJ”). The Company already has a relationship with MERJ, with group subsidiary Entrepreneur Resorts Ltd publicly listed on the MERJ main board. Approval to be listed on Upstream is subject to approval by MERJ. However as a current NYSE issuer and MERJ Issuer, Genius Group may be eligible for an expedited listing process, and anticipates approval within the month of February 2023.

The planned dual listing on Upstream is designed to provide the Company the opportunity to access a global, digital-first investor base that can trade using USDC digital currency along with credit, debit, PayPal, and USD. Through this dual listing, Genius Group can then issue NFT digital coupons to all its investors.

Step Two: Issuance of $10 NFT Coupons per share to Genius Group shareholder

Once the dual listing process is complete, Genius Group will issue $10 NFT coupons per share to shareholders on Upstream. Shareholders will receive their coupons through a simple process of downloading the Upstream app, following a short KYC process, verifying their identity and being issued their coupons.

The count date (record date) to confirm all shareholders is being set for February 28, 2023, and the coupons issued will be based on the shares each shareholders owns on that date. A full briefing of the process will be provided at Genius Group’s next Investor Meeting in February. The digital coupons are not securities and are issued as ERC721 tokens, which are a standard for representing ownership of non-fungible tokens (NFTs), that is, where each token has a unique identifier. The digital coupons may not be withdrawn or transferred from the Upstream app and are only redeemable using the Upstream app.

Step Three: Redemption of $10 NFT Coupons for course discounts

Once shareholders have received their $10 NFT Coupons, they can then redeem the tokens for GEMs (Genius Education Merits) on Genius Group’s Edtech platform, GeniusU. GEMs operate as a digital credit system similar to airmiles or Roblox’s ‘Robux’ in which students earn GEMs which can then be redeemed for discounts in further courses or products.

Shareholders will have 90 days to convert their $10 NFT Coupons into GEMs, through a simple login and credit procedure on GeniusU, and a further 90 days to redeem their GEMs. The GEMs are for the use of each named investors and neither the $10 NFT tokens or GEMs can be transferred, traded or sold.

This plan rewards the investors of Genius Group with valuable credits that can be used towards Genius Group’s range of entrepreneur education and investor education courses and products. The company’s full product range will be presented to all investors both at an upcoming Investor Meeting in February and at the time the GEMs are issued. The GEMs will have certain conditions in terms of maximum amount of credits to be used per purchase and a full prospectus of courses, products and discounts available will be provided at Genius Group’s next Investor Meeting in February, and published on its website.

Roger Hamilton, CEO of Genius Group, stated “Our investors have traditionally been retail investors who began as our students and partners, and we have had a history of providing rewards to them to acknowledge their support. With this $10 NFT Coupon per share reward, investors gain the additional benefit of participation in both Upstream’s blockchain-powered stock exchange, where shares can be individually verified. They also benefit from a free account on GeniusU, where they can join our Entrepreneur Campus or Investor Campus to connect with our 4.3 million students around the world, giving additional opportunity to learn, connect and attend Genius Group’s 2023 Impact Investor Summit and Global Entrepreneur Summit.”

Not sure that has any value to me, other than causing the share price to move

This
I’m out at 7.38
Let’s see what happens

Was able to dump my high cost shares at 7.81at least.  Man some crazy price action going on, trades in the 5's and low 6's and then next in the high 7's, huge spreads and such

Schwab won’t let me seek premarket for some reason so I guess I still have 200 shares over there lol
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 10:13:53 AM EDT
[#2]
Man,  MVIS should give out a fake dividend!
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 10:18:31 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By CajunMojo:
View Quote

$10 coupons to attend pillow-talk with Sumit S!
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 10:28:32 AM EDT
[Last Edit: bradpierson26] [#4]
Originally Posted By CajunMojo:
View Quote

ETA: freakin FREQ ugh
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 11:29:31 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Osprey61:

We're far from a stock price, hard prospect and revenue level that will dissuade the shorts.

I'd bet they peel off a good 10% to 15% early tomorrow. I'd love to be wrong. If it's of any comfort, there are plenty of punters on R/MVIS who seem to believe I'm wrong (not directly, lots of hopium)...and who knows, at three dollars some of the 'tutes may come back to the table. That'd be fun.
View Quote

Well, my Cramer-esque reverse barometer is showing results. We're going to come close to hitting the daily volume in the first hour, and the NAS is up 270...both critical ingredients in buoying the share price.

Little early to be counting chickens, but encouraging.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 11:30:31 AM EDT
[#6]
That GNS action was a nice start to the morning. Trying to decide how many times that roller coaster is worth buying in to.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 11:32:27 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Kuraki] [#7]
Did they fucking halt Mavis?  Scratch that
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 11:32:56 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Kuraki:
That GNS action was a nice start to the morning. Trying to decide how many times that roller coaster is worth buying in to.
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/2/2023 12:03:38 PM EDT
[#9]
Almost back to my $3.44 avg share price. Encouraging for sure. Up almost a dollar in the last few days. Hoping it keeps going this direction for a while longer.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 12:06:36 PM EDT
[#10]
View Quote

With this one anytime any news comes out it rallies - I think this will continue at least until 16 Feb
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 12:15:52 PM EDT
[#11]

View All Quotes

Didn't you get some ARBKL? I might be thinking of someone else.   It just paid quarterly interest.   Can you imagine if this returns to par , or close to par, say $23 or so?   I would cash it out, that would be about a 15 bagger for me
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 12:36:53 PM EDT
[#12]

Didn't you get some ARBKL? I might be thinking of someone else.   It just paid quarterly interest.   Can you imagine if this returns to par , or close to par, say $23 or so?   I would cash it out, that would be about a 15 bagger for me
View Quote

Yeah, just a tiny bit
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 12:50:39 PM EDT
[#13]
Getting realllllllly tempting to jump out if the rest of my 1.58 GNS. Already pulled out enough to get my initial investment back.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 12:56:07 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By kered:
Getting realllllllly tempting to jump out if the rest of my 1.58 GNS. Already pulled out enough to get my initial investment back.
View Quote

House money would be thought to pull out of.  It’s still going crazy
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 12:56:15 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By kered:
View Quote

I just can't decide.  I'm in at .561 and 1.45 and a later buy at 4.92,  I know one day the gains will go away, just not sure when that will be.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 12:58:17 PM EDT
[#16]

View Quote

What is the impact to shorts on the issuance of the NFTs?  Is it like a dividend, where shorts need to pony up?
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 12:59:03 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By shblackdragon:

What is the impact to shorts on the issuance of the NFTs?  Is it like a dividend, where shorts need to pony up?
View All Quotes

Yep, they would need records of ownership
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 1:13:03 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By Porkchop_Sandwiches:

View All Quotes

Just to ensure I have this clear, anyone who is short GNS on Feb 28th will need to provide a $10 NFT, which is likely several times greater than the share proces shorts are in at?

Can they evade this, or will they need to cover before feb 28th?

Naked shorts will get exposed i'd think, since there is an owner record for the share that sold, even if it doesn't exist.  

It seems to good to be true.

Link Posted: 2/2/2023 1:19:48 PM EDT
[#19]
Somebody missed this opportunity yesterday @Malbec
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 1:27:06 PM EDT
[#20]

Just to ensure I have this clear, anyone who is short GNS on Feb 28th will need to provide a $10 NFT, which is likely several times greater than the share proces shorts are in at?

Naked shorts will get exposed i'd think, since there is an owner record for the share that sold, even if it doesn't exist.  

View All Quotes

That’s why the price is nuts, because GNS is going to give away a proprietary item.  

So everyone is driving it up because the naked shorts will have to cover.  At least that’s the thought process
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 1:29:43 PM EDT
[#21]

Well, my Cramer-esque reverse barometer is showing results. We're going to come close to hitting the daily volume in the first hour, and the NAS is up 270...both critical ingredients in buoying the share price.

Little early to be counting chickens, but encouraging.
View Quote

That's why my $2.99 buy didn't hit!
Well we've been stuck on "copium" for so long, it's nice to see the hopium on the upswing!

Isn't mvis a part of the NAS100? are we pumping that index?
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 1:48:56 PM EDT
[#22]
Bought 100 of MVIS (I know, it’s not much) this morning and nice to see it’s up 15% for me already. Most stocks go down after I buy them so this is a nice change.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 1:53:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Psoas] [#23]
Is anyone watching aprn? How far can it go?
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 1:59:21 PM EDT
[#24]
I've been under the weather this week. I will try to do better.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 2:01:10 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By Malbec:
View Quote

I just knew it!
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 2:05:13 PM EDT
[#26]
Seems like the market feels a 25 point bump is practically QE again.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 2:07:55 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By Malbec:
View Quote

I feel terrible but maybe go lick some doorknobs or hang out at a preschool after you're feeling better.
Correlation is causation.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 2:09:28 PM EDT
[#28]

That’s why the price is nuts, because GNS is going to give away a proprietary item.  

So everyone is driving it up because the naked shorts will have to cover.  At least that’s the thought process
View All Quotes

Link Posted: 2/2/2023 2:13:05 PM EDT
[#29]

View All Quotes

I'm really taking a shine to Roger..
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 2:17:55 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By Psoas:
Is anyone watching aprn? How far can it go?
View Quote

I got a quick 15%
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 2:20:53 PM EDT
[#31]
food for thought

Link Posted: 2/2/2023 2:23:36 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By oldno7:
food for thought

https://i.gyazo.com/158628516cb2908bde0f831c073a0d3b.png
View Quote

Given the radical advances in trading technology, I wonder if those figures hold true today
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 2:32:07 PM EDT
[#33]
Looks like shorts and saving up to hit mvis tomorrow
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 2:43:12 PM EDT
[#34]

Given the radical advances in trading technology, I wonder if those figures hold true today
View Quote

Yes, I believe methodology has changed a great deal as well,

BUT--I believe market psychology is redundant.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 3:06:17 PM EDT
[#35]
TGTX has been strong last couple of days - I believe there is one price target of 25 out there,  maybe this is a long term hold and accumulate
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 3:22:25 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By goodasgone81:
View Quote

This is a 'uge day on the NASDAQ...up like 385 points the last time I looked.

That "rising tide raises all boats" thing is playing out pretty strongly. DOW has be lack-luster the last two days, and it sure looks like money is flowing back into tech. Hard to know whether this is a head fake, or the real thing, but it sure feels good right now.

Amazon reports after market close today. I'm kind of nervous about that one. They still haven't used that $10B stock buy back they authorized back in March of 2022. This might be a good time to deploy it if the numbers aren't good...and there's some speculation they won't be.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 3:40:52 PM EDT
[#37]

That "rising tide raises all boats" thing is playing out pretty strongly. DOW has be lack-luster the last two days, and it sure looks like money is flowing back into tech. Hard to know whether this is a head fake, or the real thing, but it sure feels good right now.

Amazon reports after market close today. I'm kind of nervous about that one. They still haven't used that $10B stock buy back they authorized back in March of 2022. This might be a good time to deploy it if the numbers aren't good...and there's some speculation they won't be.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By goodasgone81:

I have some tech heavy funds that needed a 3% up day, they don't come around often enough.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 4:04:53 PM EDT
[#38]
I have a 500 share sale price at 3.49.  I don't think it will hit today.  Profit taking but hopium abounds

Link Posted: 2/2/2023 4:52:15 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 4:55:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bradpierson26] [#40]

Perpetual doomer
*the big short is one of my favorite movies.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 5:17:45 PM EDT
[#41]

Perpetual doomer
View All Quotes

Perpetual doomer

What the hell is he referring to?  Christian Bale was good in that film
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 6:26:28 PM EDT
[#42]
She's dead, Jim
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 6:28:22 PM EDT
[#43]
She's dead, Jim
View Quote

What happened??
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 6:30:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: apexcrusade] [#44]
Originally Posted By Rustyprop:

What happened??
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Rustyprop:
She's dead, Jim

What happened??

The closing bell rang and now everything's mellow.  I'd rather prefer earlier when there were more possibilities.  MVIS got pushed down and GNS is stuck under 7
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 6:54:22 PM EDT
[#45]
Pretty surprised AMZN didn't take a complete crap after that earning call.

Only down 1.5% AH.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 7:59:22 PM EDT
[#46]
Pretty surprised AMZN didn't take a complete crap after that earning call.

Only down 1.5% AH.
View Quote

Spoke too soon, 4.3% now...not looking forward to tomorrow.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 8:15:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Osprey61] [#47]
This, on the other hand, makes me very happy. It's from a corporate MSFT release: Committed

"On behalf of the Mixed Reality team at Microsoft, I wanted to share some important context and insights on the Mixed Reality program at Microsoft. The intent of this note is to help provide clarity to this community on our commitment to HoloLens 2 and the broader Mixed Reality program.

We continue to produce and support HoloLens 2, inclusive of monthly software updates to ensure our enterprise customers can leverage HoloLens 2 and the supporting platform to complete critical work. We also continue to update Dynamics 365 Guides and Remote Assist to address the needs of those customers. HoloLens and Dynamics 365 are key components of Industrial Metaverse deployments, connecting the benefits of digital transformation to frontline workers in field service, factory operations, and many other use cases. For more information, see our recent blog post highlighting some of the progress on the HoloLens platform and how customers are seeing real-world benefits."

- and -

Lastly, there is important and exciting work we are doing to support the Integrated Visual Augmentation System (IVAS) program. We recently contracted with the U.S. Army to revise the IVAS product design to address soldier feedback, a testament to our partnership with the government, commitment to the program, and ability to rapidly iterate on product designs to achieve results. IVAS is a great example of technology sharing between commercial products and fit-for-purpose government programs. While HoloLens and IVAS are very different devices, they both build on Microsoft’s long history of developing best-in-class Mixed Reality technologies.

Some douchebag on ST is claiming there was a recent teardown of H2/IVAS and MVIS may not be in it due to "unmarked parts", whatever that means. S2upid tuned him up. The H2 Stupid tore down was actually manufactured by MVIS, which is no longer the case. We now just license the IP to MSFT for almost exactly what we sold to them. That's why they're unmarked.

"That guy on ST is an idiot, and is wrong 24/7. God bless /u/gaporter for fighting the good fight on that idiot who should be in jail. The ASICs built into the hololens 2 and IVAS that MVIS has developed is a huge part of why MSFT has to pay royalties to MVIS. It's not just a mirror and laser driver component, but there's eyetracking and image correction in realtime which is all part of MVIS family jewels that Sumit is so proud of.

If you think MSFT can just swap out a "part" and not have to re-write the analog ASIC that took MVIS the better part of 3 years to develop (that cost the better part of $28 million dollars) with a highly specialized team (that MSFT doesn't currently have), that is insane. You think MSFT could re-do all that work with a smaller team, in less than 12 months? You're better off blocked that idiot. MSFT themselves (Zulfi Alam) mentioned they did not have the expertise to do it themselves. All of that work is seamlessly integrated into Microsoft's HPU 2.0 which was developed by Micron also.

You can't just pick these parts off the shelves and put something together. If it was that easy Apple wouldn't have indefinitely delayed their AR headset due to technical challenges.

The only thing you missed is that users constant lies, and why Stocktwits protects those agents is a reason why they'll end up becoming obsolete with no growth in users. IMO Stocktwits administrators are going to be in big trouble with the SEC one day."

S2upid is correct, MSFT gutted most of the engineering team responsible for H2 and IVAS. The revisions to product design the Army wants are mostly ergonomic (ski strap to helmet mount, and lightening) and some sensor honing unrelated to the projection system. This bodes extremely well for the contract renewal negotiations, which are probably in at least the preliminary stage now.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 9:04:03 PM EDT
[#48]
This, on the other hand, makes me very happy. It's from a corporate MSFT release: Committed

"On behalf of the Mixed Reality team at Microsoft, I wanted to share some important context and insights on the Mixed Reality program at Microsoft. The intent of this note is to help provide clarity to this community on our commitment to HoloLens 2 and the broader Mixed Reality program.

We continue to produce and support HoloLens 2, inclusive of monthly software updates to ensure our enterprise customers can leverage HoloLens 2 and the supporting platform to complete critical work. We also continue to update Dynamics 365 Guides and Remote Assist to address the needs of those customers. HoloLens and Dynamics 365 are key components of Industrial Metaverse deployments, connecting the benefits of digital transformation to frontline workers in field service, factory operations, and many other use cases. For more information, see our recent blog post highlighting some of the progress on the HoloLens platform and how customers are seeing real-world benefits."

- and -

Lastly, there is important and exciting work we are doing to support the Integrated Visual Augmentation System (IVAS) program. We recently contracted with the U.S. Army to revise the IVAS product design to address soldier feedback, a testament to our partnership with the government, commitment to the program, and ability to rapidly iterate on product designs to achieve results. IVAS is a great example of technology sharing between commercial products and fit-for-purpose government programs. While HoloLens and IVAS are very different devices, they both build on Microsoft’s long history of developing best-in-class Mixed Reality technologies.

Some douchebag on ST is claiming there was a recent teardown of H2/IVAS and MVIS may not be in it due to "unmarked parts", whatever that means. S2upid tuned him up. The H2 Stupid tore down was actually manufactured by MVIS, which is no longer the case. We now just license the IP to MSFT for almost exactly what we sold to them. That's why they're unmarked.

"That guy on ST is an idiot, and is wrong 24/7. God bless /u/gaporter for fighting the good fight on that idiot who should be in jail. The ASICs built into the hololens 2 and IVAS that MVIS has developed is a huge part of why MSFT has to pay royalties to MVIS. It's not just a mirror and laser driver component, but there's eyetracking and image correction in realtime which is all part of MVIS family jewels that Sumit is so proud of.

If you think MSFT can just swap out a "part" and not have to re-write the analog ASIC that took MVIS the better part of 3 years to develop (that cost the better part of $28 million dollars) with a highly specialized team (that MSFT doesn't currently have), that is insane. You think MSFT could re-do all that work with a smaller team, in less than 12 months? You're better off blocked that idiot. MSFT themselves (Zulfi Alam) mentioned they did not have the expertise to do it themselves. All of that work is seamlessly integrated into Microsoft's HPU 2.0 which was developed by Micron also.

You can't just pick these parts off the shelves and put something together. If it was that easy Apple wouldn't have indefinitely delayed their AR headset due to technical challenges.

The only thing you missed is that users constant lies, and why Stocktwits protects those agents is a reason why they'll end up becoming obsolete with no growth in users. IMO Stocktwits administrators are going to be in big trouble with the SEC one day."

S2upid is correct, MSFT gutted most of the engineering team responsible for H2 and IVAS. The revisions to product design the Army wants are mostly ergonomic (ski strap to helmet mount, and lightening) and some sensor honing unrelated to the projection system. This bodes extremely well for the contract renewal negotiations, which are probably in at least the preliminary stage now.
View Quote

Let’s go!
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 10:45:25 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 11:03:46 PM EDT
[#50]

Forget where I read it, but it was recent. Oems basically saying a roof bump is a non starter for them. I'm not worried and eff that lesbian looking Austin Russell.
Page / 1686
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top