Link Posted: 5/1/2020 5:33:25 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/1/2020 8:09:54 AM EDT
[#2]
This went up pretty good in after market trading
Link Posted: 5/1/2020 8:42:13 AM EDT
[Last Edit: rlltd42] [#3]
I’m up 100%

This has been more fun than watching tiger king, and that’s saying something lol

It’s stop loss time
Link Posted: 5/1/2020 8:51:14 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By rlltd42:
I’m up 100% 

This has been more fun than watching tiger king, and that’s saying something lol

It’s stop loss time
View Quote

I was thinking the same thing. Not sure what to set it at though.
Link Posted: 5/1/2020 9:01:08 AM EDT
[#5]
Up bigly in pre market
Link Posted: 5/1/2020 9:44:37 AM EDT
[#6]
thanks OP, pretty much the only damn trade I got on the right side for any real percentage gain during the past couple of months
Link Posted: 5/1/2020 9:54:03 AM EDT
[#7]
Best returns on anything I have bought in the last month or so. 608 shares, enough profit to buy a few beers but that is all.
Link Posted: 5/1/2020 10:19:12 AM EDT
[#8]
In at 0.22 & out at 0.45.

Sitting on money now and waiting for it to fall back to 0.29 (which it will).  Rinse & repeat.
Link Posted: 5/1/2020 10:49:44 AM EDT
[#9]
In at 0.22 & out at 0.45.

Sitting on money now and waiting for it to fall back to 0.29 (which it will).  Rinse & repeat.
View Quote

Already halfway there.
Link Posted: 5/1/2020 11:07:28 AM EDT
[#10]
up, down, up, down. This stock is weird. At least I know my Ford stock is consistently down.
Link Posted: 5/1/2020 11:37:27 AM EDT
[#11]
lots of volume today. I'ma gonna let it ride to see the roller coaster myself.  I was in at .30  up $2600

Link Posted: 5/1/2020 11:56:05 AM EDT
[#12]
Bump for update on original post.

CEO is begging for yes votes on reverse split this morning...never seen that happen...means the split is in serious jeopardy.

Stock is up 41% right now on today's trading.

Stop loss order isn't a bad idea, but be careful about setting it too close to the current price.
Link Posted: 5/1/2020 12:04:13 PM EDT
[#13]
Did a stop loss at .45 doubled my money. I'll be kicking myself if it keeps climbing
Link Posted: 5/1/2020 12:10:20 PM EDT
[#14]
I'm up 115 percent. Trying to figure out how greedy I'd like to be.
Link Posted: 5/1/2020 12:23:48 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By rlltd42:
In at 0.22 & out at 0.45.

Sitting on money now and waiting for it to fall back to 0.29 (which it will).  Rinse & repeat.
View Quote

LOL, I don't trade much, I'm more of a buy, hold and collect dividends, but I did the exact same.
Bought in a few a .23, sold this morning at .45...  I made enough for a cheap lunch.   I almost set it at 50, but wasn't sure it'd get there.
Link Posted: 5/1/2020 12:34:25 PM EDT
[#16]
Was going to let it ride, but put in a sell at .50 - made a cool $3k in a day! Thanks OP!
Link Posted: 5/1/2020 12:40:39 PM EDT
[#17]
Up to .52
Link Posted: 5/1/2020 12:41:18 PM EDT
[#18]
I've made back $5,100 of my paper loss so far today. Need .84 per share to break even...Lord, if you're reading this, if you make me whole I promise to stop being so grouchy all the time.

10,000 shares here, 10,000 shares there and before too long you're talking about real money
Link Posted: 5/1/2020 12:43:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: torstin] [#19]
Without the reverse split, won't they lose their NASDAQ listing?

Earnings due May 7. What to expect?

Either way, it's nuts. Great thread and OP though.
Link Posted: 5/1/2020 12:49:22 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By Osprey61:
Bump for update on original post. 

CEO is begging for yes votes on reverse split this morning...never seen that happen...means the split is in serious jeopardy.

Stock is up 41% right now on today's trading.

Stop loss order isn't a bad idea, but be careful about setting it too close to the current price.
View Quote

The CEO also confirmed that they are seriously considering a sale and implies he wants to buy time so it's not a fire sale.  I don't think delisting is as catastrophic as they are making it out to be.    The management team is not incentivized to sell this thing below their incentive option prices.
Link Posted: 5/1/2020 12:51:03 PM EDT
[#21]
Guess we better pump this bitch to a dollar then
Link Posted: 5/1/2020 12:54:35 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By stillerfan:

The CEO also confirmed that they are seriously considering a sale and implies he wants to buy time so it's not a fire sale.  I don't think delisting is as catastrophic as they are making it out to be.    The management team is not incentivized to sell this thing below their incentive option prices.
View Quote

Market cap is at 69M now, if it holds ten days, the delisting is cancelled.  No clue why it went up, but they just need that voodoo to hold a little while.
Link Posted: 5/1/2020 12:56:07 PM EDT
[#23]
I just cashed out with a 130% gain.  Made enough to go out to a nice dinner with the family once restaurants open back up. Thanks OP!
Link Posted: 5/1/2020 12:59:22 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By shblackdragon:

Market cap is at 69M now, if it holds ten days, the delisting is cancelled.  No clue why it went up, but they just need that voodoo to hold a little while.
View Quote

that only resolves the market cap piece.  stock price over 1.00 is still looming
Link Posted: 5/1/2020 1:05:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Osprey61] [#25]
Originally Posted By torstin:
Without the reverse split, won't they lose their NASDAQ listing? 

Earnings due May 7. What to expect?

Either way, it's nuts. Great thread and OP though.
View Quote

Short answer, they've been given a reprieve from the NASDAQ until well into August to get back into compliance. That's a share price of $1.00 and a market cap of XXX dollars (don't remember the figure off the top of my head). Two ways to regain compliance are share price appreciation, or a reverse split.

Microvision had gone to the NASDAQ and been granted an extension (this just prior to Covid-19), believed to be based on a pending contract for an interactive speaker/projector that was also believed to be coming from Amazon. Whoever the manufacturer was, they postponed the contract to retrench, and in the process knocked the bottom out of one of five "verticals" (product channels) Microvision was developing. It gutted the share price.

They do continue to collect royalties from projector sales to Microsoft for Hololens II. At least one poster here believes that's a doomed venture...but as he believes Apple will eventually produced the "right" solution we've gone back and forth over the position. As it stands, Microvision's earnings are convoluted; they took a substantial payment up front, and are chewing their way through that. I don't think anyone has a real solid feel for what they will report.

New CEO is pushing solid-state, phased array (no spinnie thing) LIDAR to the automotive industry for self driving cars. Kind of like the vision Arnie has in Terminator, it lets a computer "see" the world in three dimensions. MVIS is working with STM on this...watch the vid I'm attaching below...it looks crude (and has, in fact, been refined. The point cloud is 24,000,000 individual dots now, the tech measuring the time to impact-and-return of each of them) but in reality is a step forward in computing that will drive some seriously crazy applications.

Okay, not a short answer. I can tell you this, many day traders have gotten rich on the share price appreciation on the run-up to the ASM and/or quarterly report. Volatility draws shorts and day traders to MVIS like Rosie O'Donnell to donuts. Exercise extreme caution.

MicroVision MidRange LiDAR Demo

Here's the vid I was looking for... Bear in mind, this isn't any form of camera or video image, it's literally a computer seeing the time-of-flight of 24M individual points of light. Cutting edge tech. BTW, the new Apple camera has a ToF sensor much cruder than this. Know they're watching.

Link Posted: 5/1/2020 1:09:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ThrustMyStoma] [#26]
bought in at 24 and 29. debating how much to sell if it hits $1.00

Thoughts?

eta: set a sell limit for 1.50 for a 1/4 of my holdings.

this is fun
Link Posted: 5/1/2020 1:28:00 PM EDT
[#27]
guess I shouldn't have sold at open, oh well
Link Posted: 5/1/2020 1:36:52 PM EDT
[#28]
I just made 10 bucks. Sold because I've lost on companies doing reverse splits and not getting out soon enough. I'll buy in when it drops again.
Link Posted: 5/1/2020 2:40:33 PM EDT
[#29]
It's not going back down. I kinda wish I didn't sell
Link Posted: 5/1/2020 6:23:50 PM EDT
[#30]
...and up another 11% in after hours?  is there some news I'm missing?
Link Posted: 5/1/2020 6:27:57 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By shblackdragon:

...and up another 11% in after hours?  is there some news I'm missing?
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/1/2020 7:26:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: IceStationZebra] [#32]
@Osprey61

With today's surge, I passed 100% return on a relative lot of money for me.  My play is all based on an average basis of .258.

I've gambled a lot with full knowledge it could go sideways.  If the company went away as in share price to zero--which it will not--my downside after after the tax benefit of the losses would be $20k total.

On the other side $4.9 makes me a millionaire.  $6.9 and I make a profit of $1m.  Wouldn't you gamble $20k on a solid chance that you would become a millionaire?  I would and did.

The price is going to run up ahead of the earnings call Friday because the boneheads expect an announcement that msft is buying.  I don't think they have made it that far and they are evaluating multiple suitors

I hope the market cap takes away the reverse share split idea and they announce something soon.  My worry at this point is this stock runs up to $2-3 ahead of the call and tanks if no announcement is made.

I wish I had a crystal ball.

Link Posted: 5/1/2020 8:05:27 PM EDT
[#33]
Guess I was wrong about it giving up all the gains.  Wish I hadn't bailed at 0.45 but oh well lol.
Link Posted: 5/1/2020 9:33:26 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By IceStationZebra:
@Osprey61

With today's surge, I passed 100% return on a relative lot of money for me.  My play is all based on an average basis of .258.

I've gambled a lot with full knowledge it could go sideways.  If the company went away as in share price to zero--which it will not--my downside after after the tax benefit of the losses would be $20k total.

On the other side $4.9 makes me a millionaire.  $6.9 and I make a profit of $1m.  Wouldn't you gamble $20k on a solid chance that you would become a millionaire?  I would and did.

The price is going to run up ahead of the earnings call Friday because the boneheads expect an announcement that msft is buying.  I don't think they have made it that far and they are evaluating multiple suitors 

I hope the market cap takes away the reverse share split idea and they announce something soon.  My worry at this point is this stock runs up to $2-3 ahead of the call and tanks if no announcement is made.

I wish I had a crystal ball.

View Quote

@IceStationZebra, congrats, and I hope it continues to go vertical for both of us.

You're a grown man, but so were a couple of friends in the AF that thought I had the Midas touch with stocks. They got badly burned and I severely regretted ever turning them on to MVIS.

We come out ahead, and I'll buy the first round
Link Posted: 5/1/2020 9:43:35 PM EDT
[#35]
Anyone following the discussion on Reddit, keep your eye on a brand-new poster using QQPenn.

Man claims to have been in for a long time, but never saw fit to weigh in prior to today. He uses his mouth prettier than a $20 hooker. He also has a couple of brand-new posters congratulating him for his "calm and balanced opinion"...including one who changed his mind, and voted yes with his 525,000 shares

Almost had me going until he mentioned he voted "yes" across the board today, to include the executive bonus portion of the vote. Told you this is high stakes...he's almost certainly a paid partisan, my guess would be either, MVIS Investor Relations, Craig-Hallum (the merger go-between), or any number of hedge funds looking to short MVIS.

These people are fucking ruthless, and have no scruples. The SEC is busy feeding Xanax to Elon Musk.
Link Posted: 5/1/2020 9:51:36 PM EDT
[#36]
@Osprey61

With today's surge, I passed 100% return on a relative lot of money for me.  My play is all based on an average basis of .258.

I've gambled a lot with full knowledge it could go sideways.  If the company went away as in share price to zero--which it will not--my downside after after the tax benefit of the losses would be $20k total.

On the other side $4.9 makes me a millionaire.  $6.9 and I make a profit of $1m.  Wouldn't you gamble $20k on a solid chance that you would become a millionaire?  I would and did.

The price is going to run up ahead of the earnings call Friday because the boneheads expect an announcement that msft is buying.  I don't think they have made it that far and they are evaluating multiple suitors 

I hope the market cap takes away the reverse share split idea and they announce something soon.  My worry at this point is this stock runs up to $2-3 ahead of the call and tanks if no announcement is made.

View Quote

Ballin! Good luck!

If I were to sell now, I could buy dinner for the wife, and dinner for myself with the original investment. I use that term loosely.
Link Posted: 5/1/2020 10:17:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Admiral_Crunch] [#37]
Ended up buying 5000 shares at .21.  I'm currently up over $1200.  

Trying to decide if I should let it ride or sell half and play using the house's money.
Link Posted: 5/1/2020 10:28:50 PM EDT
[#38]
Anyone following the discussion on Reddit, keep your eye on a brand-new poster using QQPenn.

Man claims to have been in for a long time, but never saw fit to weigh in prior to today. He uses his mouth prettier than a $20 hooker. He also has a couple of brand-new posters congratulating him for his "calm and balanced opinion"...including one who changed his mind, and voted yes with his 525,000 shares 

Almost had me going until he mentioned he voted "yes" across the board today, to include the executive bonus portion of the vote. Told you this is high stakes...he's almost certainly a paid partisan, my guess would be either, MVIS Investor Relations, Craig-Hallum (the merger go-between), or any number of hedge funds looking to short MVIS. 

These people are fucking ruthless, and have no scruples. The SEC is busy feeding Xanax to Elon Musk.
View Quote

If'n I wasn't banned on Reddit by geo dick or whatever his handle is, I'd call this guy out.  I do on stocktwits.
Link Posted: 5/1/2020 10:31:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: IceStationZebra] [#39]

@IceStationZebra, congrats, and I hope it continues to go vertical for both of us.

You're a grown man, but so were a couple of friends in the AF that thought I had the Midas touch with stocks. They got badly burned and I severely regretted ever turning them on to MVIS.

We come out ahead, and I'll buy the first round 
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
@Osprey61

@IceStationZebra, congrats, and I hope it continues to go vertical for both of us.

You're a grown man, but so were a couple of friends in the AF that thought I had the Midas touch with stocks. They got badly burned and I severely regretted ever turning them on to MVIS.

We come out ahead, and I'll buy the first round 

@osprey61

If we could get mgmt out of the way, this would go a lot easier.  I'd like to see a suit by the shareholders for incompetence.

They clearly are working against the I best interest of the shareholders and for themselves.  But I think the draw of deep compensation by a buyer might motivate them to put the S/H first.

If it goes sideways and I lose it all, never give it another thought.  If it goes right,  I'll owe you a debt of gratitude.

I'm a single income guy trying to put two kids through college with no fin aid and save for retirement for two people.  At stake with this going right is that I no longer have to worry about finishing paying for college and where my wife's replacement car will come from.  Further,  it means I have a retire at a normal age option that I don't have now.  More than anything it means my wife is going to be okay if I check out early.  Just finished up surgery for prostate cancer so this would be like rebirth for me and would strip me of a lot of worry.  Money doesn't solve everything, but in this case it would truly change my life and that of my wife.
Link Posted: 5/1/2020 10:36:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: IceStationZebra] [#40]
Originally Posted By CajunMojo:

Ballin! Good luck!

If I were to sell now, I could buy dinner for the wife, and dinner for myself with the original investment. I use that term loosely. 
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By CajunMojo:
@Osprey61

Ballin! Good luck!

If I were to sell now, I could buy dinner for the wife, and dinner for myself with the original investment. I use that term loosely. 

We will see.  This is how I look at it, I have a good sense for these things.  I just do.

When I think back about my trading, it's not the trades I got right that I remember the most, its the ones I got right but didn't execute.

I was day trading my company's stock with my entire 401-k and I put a limit buy in at $115.  Huge dollars. the price fell so fast that I canceled the order.  It hit $114.99 for a few minutes and then within days was at $320 plus.  I'll never forgive myself for that.

So what would be worse?  Losing $20k or sitting back realizing that if I followed my logic and instinct, I would have made a million in profit?  For me I'd rather lose the $20k.

We will see what happens.

If I hit it big, I'll owe @osprey61 big time.
Link Posted: 5/1/2020 10:37:55 PM EDT
[#41]
Guess I was wrong about it giving up all the gains.  Wish I hadn't bailed at 0.45 but oh well lol.
View Quote

They're is still room provided nothing is announced over the weekend.
Link Posted: 5/1/2020 10:39:03 PM EDT
[#42]
Even at .32c buy-in, my 15000 shares are doing ok.

I have an order posted now for 2.5x that number if it drops back to .35 and another 2.5x at .32, which it might with that kind of volatility.

If I lose the entire investment, it won't hurt me, but I would strongly echo OP's cautions about this to others. I lost a sizable amount back when Sabine declared bankruptcy. Stocks can just go *poof* like that, so don't risk more than you can lose and shrug off.
Link Posted: 5/1/2020 11:13:11 PM EDT
[#43]
And a CEO begging for a R/S instead of focusing on growing the business should be fired immediately.

I say this as a CEO.
Link Posted: 5/1/2020 11:20:01 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By Layer60:
And a CEO begging for a R/S instead of focusing on growing the business should be fired immediately.

I say this as a CEO. 
View Quote

Agreed.  I think the current management are a bunch of engineer nerds that sit around telling each other "hey did you know I'm an engineer?" rather than growing the company.
Link Posted: 5/1/2020 11:54:03 PM EDT
[#45]
I have 15 shares in my RH account.  Im making bank right now, About $3.  So it goes, The RH account is fun for me....
Link Posted: 5/2/2020 12:06:38 AM EDT
[#46]
I just opened up my first robinhood account and bought 97 shares.  Let's see where we go from here.
Link Posted: 5/2/2020 1:22:12 AM EDT
[Last Edit: stillerfan] [#47]

Agreed.  I think the current management are a bunch of engineer nerds that sit around telling each other "hey did you know I'm an engineer?" rather than growing the company.
View Quote

If you really believe what you just wrote I would sell while you are ahead instead of gambling without understanding what you're getting into.
Link Posted: 5/2/2020 1:38:30 AM EDT
[#48]
Bought in at .22 sold at .36 made about 50 %. Buy order set at .30, ride the wave.
Link Posted: 5/2/2020 9:59:52 AM EDT
[#49]

If you really believe what you just wrote I would sell while you are ahead instead of gambling without understanding what you're getting into.
View All Quotes

Agreed.  I think the current management are a bunch of engineer nerds that sit around telling each other "hey did you know I'm an engineer?" rather than growing the company.

If you really believe what you just wrote I would sell while you are ahead instead of gambling without understanding what you're getting into.

The only hesitation I have about selling is that they make amazing technology which transcends their incompetence.  It is in great competition because the big players need it in their tech.
Link Posted: 5/2/2020 10:04:56 AM EDT
[#50]
I'm fiscally retarded so bought a few hundred dollars worth at about .30
in for whatever

Page / 1686
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top