Site Notices
Page / 1687
Link Posted: 5/19/2022 1:36:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: PepePewPew] [#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By KaiK:

Calls out of the money now?
View Quote

Always out of the money. I don't recall it going much over 3.40 on the 6th, and that was about the peak yesterday too.

78 3.5s and 26 4.0s. I got over $5k when I sold them a couple weeks ago. Seemed like free money at the time, but it prevents me from swing trading.

I bought a 4.0 this morning to free up 100 shares and see if I could trade BBIGV and TYDEV.
Found out Vanguard's system didn't recognize those tickers. Called support and was told they could place trades for me if I remember my security words, or they should be on the platform in a day or two.

Got busy and never checked to see if they're valid tickers on IB, but I suspect they are.
Link Posted: 5/19/2022 1:39:52 PM EDT
[#2]
We will end up with two tickers and the aggregate price for both will be about $3.  BBIG AND TYDEV that is.
Link Posted: 5/19/2022 1:56:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Premarket they were about 1.60 and 14.44, or $3.04 total. When BBIG pre-dividend was going 2.60.
But too illiquid to arbitrage probably.

Surprisingly, it seems like last year's $10 valuation on TYDE might have been conservative.
I was expecting more like $5 and hoping to eventually get my money back on BBIG and keep the TYDE as my profit.
Link Posted: 5/19/2022 2:16:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By PepePewPew:

Always out of the money. I don't recall it going much over 3.40 on the 6th, and that was about the peak yesterday too.

78 3.5s and 26 4.0s. I got over $5k when I sold them a couple weeks ago. Seemed like free money at the time, but it prevents me from swing trading.

I bought a 4.0 this morning to free up 100 shares and see if I could trade BBIGV and TYDEV.
Found out Vanguard's system didn't recognize those tickers. Called support and was told they could place trades for me if I remember my security words, or they should be on the platform in a day or two.

Got busy and never checked to see if they're valid tickers on IB, but I suspect they are.
View Quote

I can see them on IB, did NOT try to trade any...

Link Posted: 5/19/2022 2:16:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Mvis up almost 7% to 3.30 and I can't even sell a 3.50 call for tmr for 6c
Link Posted: 5/19/2022 2:32:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Scare_Crow:
View Quote

Borrow rate just jumped from 8 to 20 on IB. Pps just barcoding along.
Link Posted: 5/19/2022 2:51:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Have a look at GOGL, ZIM, DAC and SBLK, BTI and TSE!  These investments are getting me through this horrendous bloodletting, this incessant  caterwauling  and  state of anxiety hallmarked by alternating bouts of vicious ego destruction with the self-inflicted malaise of turning inward from the existential threats that surround us,    so unique to the insignificant space of time we now inhabit.
Link Posted: 5/19/2022 2:58:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By apexcrusade:
Have a look at GOGL, ZIM, DAC and SBLK, BTI and TSE!  These investments are getting me through this horrendous bloodletting, this incessant  caterwauling  and  state of anxiety hallmarked by alternating bouts of vicious ego destruction with the self-inflicted malaise of turning inward from the existential threats that surround us,    so unique to the insignificant space of time we now inhabit.
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/19/2022 3:03:11 PM EDT
[#9]
Gun money account is the exact same it was 4 hours ago.

Link Posted: 5/19/2022 3:23:51 PM EDT
[#10]
We will end up with two tickers and the aggregate price for both will be about $3.  BBIG AND TYDEV that is.
View Quote

Once tyde hits the open market I suspect price will pump before settling down. Depending where it opens and what it reaches, I will be looking for a sell opportunity.
Link Posted: 5/19/2022 3:29:28 PM EDT
[#11]

View Quote

Mine are in  the money a little. But they are far out. I'm almost dead even today on them and the stock.
Link Posted: 5/19/2022 3:30:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: KaiK] [#12]
Originally Posted By Scare_Crow:
View Quote

I wouldn't want to max pain for tomorrow was $4. Might go well over $3.5.
Link Posted: 5/19/2022 3:44:30 PM EDT
[#13]
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Total53:

https://media.giphy.com/media/3otPoKltsrSK5HOV8I/giphy.gif

Haha.  That is hilarious because it's very subtle..  Gif master.
Link Posted: 5/19/2022 4:13:50 PM EDT
[#14]

Haha.  That is hilarious because it's very subtle..  Gif master.
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/19/2022 4:19:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Vengeance6661] [#15]
Some new twits from MVIS recently. Wonder why now?
Link Posted: 5/19/2022 4:25:57 PM EDT
[#16]
RMSL.

Your welcome. Should have FDA approval of their sleep apnea mask - Delta Wave, within about two weeks

Also has uplisting and CPAP sales news coming soon. Could 2-3X from here.
Link Posted: 5/19/2022 4:38:20 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By Tengo1:
RMSL.

Your welcome. Should have FDA approval of their sleep apnea mask - Delta Wave, within about two weeks

Also has uplisting and CPAP sales news coming soon. Could 2-3X from here.
View Quote

Where have I heard once we get FDA approval well be flying high before? Hmmm sens sounds familiar and they're not even an otc
Link Posted: 5/19/2022 4:48:10 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By Vengeance6661:
Some new twits from MVIS recently. Wonder why now?
View Quote

I just about choked when I saw that open position list at the top of 1368. Thirty-one new hires, three in Germany? I'll give Sumit one thing, he doesn't do things in half measures, and it looks to me like he's about to swing for the fences.

My greatest concern right now is timing. I'd hate to see them release the greatest news in the company's history on one of these blood-running-in-the-streets market days. I know they're watching both the share price and the market fairly closely...Sumit has said as much...so with luck they launch on a rising tide.
Link Posted: 5/19/2022 4:58:58 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By Osprey61:

I just about choked when I saw that open position list at the top of 1368. Thirty-one new hires, three in Germany? I'll give Sumit one thing, he doesn't do things in half measures, and it looks to me like he's about to swing for the fences.

My greatest concern right now is timing. I'd hate to see them release the greatest news in the company's history on one of these blood-running-in-the-streets market days. I know they're watching both the share price and the market fairly closely...Sumit has said as much...so with luck they launch on a rising tide.
View Quote

That coupled with the fact that they have a German translate button on the site now.....something big is brewing in Deutschland.

Osprey, have you been a buyer at these low prices lately?
Link Posted: 5/19/2022 6:25:03 PM EDT
[#20]

That coupled with the fact that they have a German translate button on the site now.....something big is brewing in Deutschland.

Osprey, have you been a buyer at these low prices lately?
View Quote

I have, but it wasn't completely intentional. Wife left a placeholder bid open for 1K at $2.50, and it hit

It should have been for 4K, I'm rounding up to 40K shares on the next good smack MVIS takes. We seem to be basically in a holding pattern between $2.50 and about $4.00...I intend to take advantage of the lower end of that band.
Link Posted: 5/19/2022 11:07:27 PM EDT
[#21]
Premarket they were about 1.60 and 14.44, or $3.04 total. When BBIG pre-dividend was going 2.60.
But too illiquid to arbitrage probably.

Surprisingly, it seems like last year's $10 valuation on TYDE might have been conservative.
I was expecting more like $5 and hoping to eventually get my money back on BBIG and keep the TYDE as my profit.
View Quote

My problem is I bought BBIG way too high (I am like $9 average), so I would need BBIG to get back near the $10 range to make much off it, and if TYDE comes out at $10, with the 10-1 dividend, still not enough to come out ahead.
This will be a bag I hold for a while for sure.

I am at a point that I am not comfortable with any more "play" money, so it really sucks with these low prices and I am not buying, but as many have said, if I can't afford to loose it, don't play with it.
Link Posted: 5/19/2022 11:24:36 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By blupupher:

My problem is I bought BBIG way too high (I am like $9 average), so I would need BBIG to get back near the $10 range to make much off it, and if TYDE comes out at $10, with the 10-1 dividend, still not enough to come out ahead.
This will be a bag I hold for a while for sure.

I am at a point that I am not comfortable with any more "play" money, so it really sucks with these low prices and I am not buying, but as many have said, if I can't afford to loose it, don't play with it.
View Quote

I bought 100 BBIG at 11.22, and another 100 at 10.80. At least I didn't buy any over $12.
It took 7 months of option selling and a willingness to turn a $2k bag into a $30k bag to get my average cost down to 2.90.
If I can get $35-40k out of 10,500 shares I'll be very relieved.
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 2:25:15 AM EDT
[#23]

Where have I heard once we get FDA approval well be flying high before? Hmmm sens sounds familiar and they're not even an otc
View Quote

I’m already up 130% in six weeks. I’ll circle back in a few weeks with an update.
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 7:55:39 AM EDT
[#24]

I'm already up 130% in six weeks. I'll circle back in a few weeks with an update.
View All Quotes

I'm already up 130% in six weeks. I'll circle back in a few weeks with an update.
I hope it works out for you, don't get greedy.  

I do see the humor in the FDA approval thing, it bit a few of us

OTC stonks are something I'm trying to get out of, they seem to just tie up my money.  For all the profits I make on one, the losses all wash it out.  
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 8:23:25 AM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By Porkchop_Sandwiches:
I hope it works out for you, don't get greedy.  

I do see the humor in the FDA approval thing, it bit a few of us

OTC stonks are something I'm trying to get out of, they seem to just tie up my money.  For all the profits I make on one, the losses all wash it out.  
View Quote

That dumb ass CEO of Sensonics tossed us (retail investors) like fish guts into a grinder.
I really wanted SENS to be a long term type investment but now have "trust" issues.
Dexcom is running mid $300s and if SENS could hit 10% of that in 1 - 2 years it would be great.
All except for trusting them, 1st green and I'm out, kind of sucks.

Link Posted: 5/20/2022 8:30:36 AM EDT
[Last Edit: apexcrusade] [#26]
UAN.  Looks like distribution is a function of cashflow or net income and so probably why price has dipped.  Short term traders look at the distribution reduction and sell out.  Similar to ZIM perhaps.  They paid off a lot of debt with the remaining cash

CVR Partners (NYSE:UAN) had declared $2.26/share quarterly dividend, -56.9% decrease from prior dividend of $5.24.
Payable May 23; for shareholders of record May 13; ex-div May 12.
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 9:21:44 AM EDT
[#27]
UAN.  Looks like distribution is a function of cashflow or net income and so probably why price has dipped.  Short term traders look at the distribution reduction and sell out.  Similar to ZIM perhaps.  They paid off a lot of debt with the remaining cash

CVR Partners (NYSE:UAN) had declared $2.26/share quarterly dividend, -56.9% decrease from prior dividend of $5.24.
Payable May 23; for shareholders of record May 13; ex-div May 12.
View Quote

I'm still comfortable holding shares and fall options on UAN, MOS and IPI
#fertbros
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 9:42:52 AM EDT
[#28]
Reminder.... be aware of your brokerage policies

I have a bad habit of not keeping my brokerage funded until I'm ready to make a move,  fidelity let's you issue a transfer and then go right into making a trade (or so I thought)

Decided last week to add more mvis below $3, so transfered over a few hundred dollars and went to make the trade as I've done many times..... nope stocks trading below $3 they require the funds to be settled

Sooooo that cost me a few hundred shares of mvis at around $2.50.... couple that with my 25 contracts sold as market order only netting me a dollar a contract and I've been managing my mvis poorly
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 9:50:06 AM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By goodasgone81:

I have a bad habit of not keeping my brokerage funded until I'm ready to make a move,  fidelity let's you issue a transfer and then go right into making a trade (or so I thought)

Decided last week to add more mvis below $3, so transfered over a few hundred dollars and went to make the trade as I've done many times..... nope stocks trading below $3 they require the funds to be settled

Sooooo that cost me a few hundred shares of mvis at around $2.50.... couple that with my 25 contracts sold as market order only netting me a dollar a contract and I've been managing my mvis poorly
View Quote

No margin?
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 9:52:51 AM EDT
[#30]

View Quote

Came here to post this same exact thing. I transferred $500 into my Fidelity on the 12th, it was received on the 13th and here I am at business day 6 and it’s still not settled. I’m chatting with them asking WTF is going on.
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 10:34:03 AM EDT
[#31]

View Quote

I've brought this up in this thread with Fidelity at least five times in the past. It's bullshit. I now keep at least $500 settled funds for the dips.
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 11:17:32 AM EDT
[#32]
Now we are headed the wrong way
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 11:41:03 AM EDT
[#33]
Now we are headed the wrong way
View Quote

Build back better
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 12:07:56 PM EDT
[#34]
I guess it's going to be like that today.
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 12:11:18 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By KaiK:
I guess it's going to be like that today.
View Quote

New 80 week low on the Naz 100 / QQQ?
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 12:27:42 PM EDT
[#36]
In related news Pentagon Federal has a money market cert at 1.75% for 18 mos. 2.25% for 3 yrs.
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 12:31:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Vengeance6661] [#37]
Gonna be a fun lidar ride fellas. Let's hope Sumit unleashes the Zeitgeist soon. Hopefully we hitched our horses to the right cart.

Valeo says next-gen lidar can enable Level 4

TOKYO — Valeo, a pioneer in commercializing lidar technology, is developing a more advanced version of its laser-emitting safety systems for debut in 2024 that promises a twelvefold increase in resolution, a tripling of range and a much wider viewing angle that can see details the human eye, cameras and radar cannot.

The lidar lineup, called Valeo Scala, is part of a big ramp-up Valeo sees through 2030.
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 12:37:37 PM EDT
[#38]
And Valeo is already a big ticket supplier to MBZ, BMW, etc with decades of vendor history.
For example, my 20 year old Benz came with a Valeo alternator.
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 12:44:36 PM EDT
[#39]

No margin?
View All Quotes

No margin?

No margin,  don't need that extra temptation.
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 12:48:04 PM EDT
[#40]

New 80 week low on the Naz 100 / QQQ?
View Quote

Yep. Over a years worth of gains gone.
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 1:09:23 PM EDT
[#41]
Man everything is going to crap.
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 1:54:48 PM EDT
[#42]

No margin,  don't need that extra temptation.
View Quote

Wise man!
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 2:06:42 PM EDT
[#43]
Is Tesla a buy today?
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 2:08:08 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By QwikKotaTx:
Is Tesla a buy today?
View Quote
I added a single share
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 2:08:27 PM EDT
[#45]
Well I'm guessing the calls I sold for today are safe
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 2:23:35 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By 32DOHC:
I added a single share
View Quote

I've bought a share a day the last 3 days as it falls. I've made a bunch off Elon in the past, setting a sell at 1050 and Hold until it hits
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 2:34:24 PM EDT
[#47]
man, this is depressing.     :/
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 2:48:18 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By 32DOHC:
I added a single share
View Quote
More than I have. The last time this kind of shit happened I kept buying AT&T like a crackwhore and was still negative even when the Dow was at 38k or some bullshit. I did ok on MVIS thanks to Osprey but didn't sell at the all time high and don't want to make a mistake on stocks that are down a lot but will splits soon such as Tesla, Google and Amazon.
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 3:09:29 PM EDT
[#49]
SO.  MUCH.  PAIN.
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 3:13:28 PM EDT
[#50]
So whens this BBIG thing go down?
Page / 1687
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top