BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 1687
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 9:10:58 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By apexcrusade:

What do you consider longer? Most of what I am watching is above my price point, but  I invest to hold indefinitely and to create long term income so I can get out of the workforce, so look for dividend/interest paying equities, fixed income, etc.  at good prices.  Lately I have been sucked into this thread, though and now am a flaming day trader!    I wrote a long post I was going to put on here about it lastnight but decided not to burden everyone with it.
Some of my best ideas are finding companies that are beaten down and have a good chance to recover over the next 3-6-12 months or so, since the financial crisis there are a multitude of these companies - I call them special situations - some have stopped their dividend, price crashes, buy near the low, they restart dividend and you make a 400% capital gain on it.  I have a bunch of these I keep an eye on.  PEI and XAN-C are two examples.  Thinking of getting into PEI again.  I bought that at 25 cents and sold out at 1,13.  Might do that again at a higher level now.  If you don't mind holding, this is trading at 5% of its pre crisis price.
View Quote

PEI is in retail real estate.  That isn't coming back.  It was dead before the crisis.  
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 9:12:19 AM EDT
[#2]

I think the way to do this is with a stock that you wouldn't mind holding for the long term if you got stuck with it.  So, maybe one that pays interest or dividends.   You get a nice return while you are waiting for it to go into green for you.   So, you have two avenues, a quick trade in and out for cap gain, or hold for regular income while you wait if the trade doesn't pan out.  This has been the best way I've found to do it.   So, the many penny stocks here would not qualify for that.   Those I've traded purely on the momentum and don't really want to get stuck long term with them
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Whippet06:
Originally Posted By mitsudriver:
Anyone else been using MVIS as an ATM?  Place a buy GTC between $6.50 and $6.75.  Place a sell GTC around $7.  Rinse and repeat.
Every time I've tried to do that with a stock I always seem to get burned. I buy the dip and then it goes just a little bit lower and just sits below my buy in or I sell and it continues to go up and never comes back down.

I think the way to do this is with a stock that you wouldn't mind holding for the long term if you got stuck with it.  So, maybe one that pays interest or dividends.   You get a nice return while you are waiting for it to go into green for you.   So, you have two avenues, a quick trade in and out for cap gain, or hold for regular income while you wait if the trade doesn't pan out.  This has been the best way I've found to do it.   So, the many penny stocks here would not qualify for that.   Those I've traded purely on the momentum and don't really want to get stuck long term with them

How do you find companies that pay dividends? Just have to research before buying?

I don't think I have a nut big enough to make it worth it at the moment, I couldn't hold enough shares to make the dividend worthwhile.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 9:24:07 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By sitdwnandhngon:

How do you find companies that pay dividends? Just have to research before buying?

I don't think I have a nut big enough to make it worth it at the moment, I couldn't hold enough shares to make the dividend worthwhile.
View Quote

Do you have TD Ameritrade? If you look up a stock, EFT, etc. it will tell you if the security pays dividends, how much and how frequently, etc.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 9:33:02 AM EDT
[#4]
Every time I've tried to do that with a stock I always seem to get burned. I buy the dip and then it goes just a little bit lower and just sits below my buy in or I sell and it continues to go up and never comes back down.
View All Quotes
Anyone else been using MVIS as an ATM?  Place a buy GTC between $6.50 and $6.75.  Place a sell GTC around $7.  Rinse and repeat.

I've been about 50/50 with it.  I did that a couple of times and timed it well.  Other times were as you said.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 9:33:21 AM EDT
[#5]

6-12 months minimum, longer if they continue to rise.

Obviously finding the next TSLA and holding it will be almost impossible for most people, but if something is going to continually grow for months or years after becoming a company that is likely to get huge, it would be cool to hold a small stake.

I'm thinking anything EV or AI related might be a good bet right now.
View All Quotes
What are you guys thinking for longer holds?

I think BNGO for awhile, maybe some uranium, other that that I'm not too sure.

What do you consider longer? Most of what I am watching is above my price point, but  I invest to hold indefinitely and to create long term income so I can get out of the workforce, so look for dividend/interest paying equities, fixed income, etc.  at good prices.  Lately I have been sucked into this thread, though and now am a flaming day trader!    I wrote a long post I was going to put on here about it lastnight but decided not to burden everyone with it.
Some of my best ideas are finding companies that are beaten down and have a good chance to recover over the next 3-6-12 months or so, since the financial crisis there are a multitude of these companies - I call them special situations - some have stopped their dividend, price crashes, buy near the low, they restart dividend and you make a 400% capital gain on it.  I have a bunch of these I keep an eye on.  PEI and XAN-C are two examples.  Thinking of getting into PEI again.  I bought that at 25 cents and sold out at 1,13.  Might do that again at a higher level now.  If you don't mind holding, this is trading at 5% of its pre crisis price.

6-12 months minimum, longer if they continue to rise.

Obviously finding the next TSLA and holding it will be almost impossible for most people, but if something is going to continually grow for months or years after becoming a company that is likely to get huge, it would be cool to hold a small stake.

I'm thinking anything EV or AI related might be a good bet right now.

It's tough to findreally  good candidates since the market is so high.  If you create watchlists, while you are waiting for a good entry price you can monitor the ones on it and keep adding to it,  of companies that you've vetted and would like to own, but the price is too high now.  One day a chance will come to get into one of those.   There are a dozen or so I am waiting on to either get in to or to add to what I already have when/if the price goes down.  
If you are into TESLA, tech, AI and so forth, the stuff I would recommend would probably bore you.   I have some regional banks, baby bonds, REITs, etc for long term holds for income.  So that works for me.  I get about 9% return on one portfolio, so am building that up to pay out income - my next target is 10K/Year.  This is a slow process since I want companies that are stable and will be around longer than I will.   These are T, MO, PRU, ABBV, TSE, NEWT, ARCC,.  I love baby bonds, these have a fixed price you will get paid at the maturity date, so if you get in at a good price there is a cap gain at the end.  A good example I had was MFO. (baby bond of MFA)   Got in at around $18, collected 9% or a while and the company just called them all paying me $25 per share.  I wanted to hold for much longer but they called them early.  I have RCA, RCB, RILYZ, etc all in under $20, they will all be called at the end at $25, so a built in profit and in the meantime paying 9% or so. .  I made 3 portfolios with TDAmeritrade, each with sort of a different character, one is a ROTH, so have probably 80 stocks total in all 3.   All them either pay me regular income, or as I mentioned above are the day trading ones I;ve gotten sucked into from this thread.

Sorry so long on this.  The whole concept of making money in the market is fascinating to me.  You have to have a plan, though, before you buy something, which includes an exit plan and stick to it.  Failures occur when something emotional happens in the interim causing you to not follow your plan.

Link Posted: 1/21/2021 9:45:07 AM EDT
[#6]

View All Quotes

You definitely need to engage with some online resources, your broker should be able to help.  But consider something - if you could only buy even a couple of shares of a dividend paying stock, have the dividends automatically reinvested and then just forget about it and move to the next one.  Your shares in that stock will compound and grow all by themselves and the additional shares will pay income to buy more and more, etc.   You have to start somewhere.     I wish I could recommend something, pretty much everything I have or want is above my buy price.    But I would buy more MO, or KNOP, or OXLC at the moment for some examples.   I am pondering that.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 9:45:18 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Stantonizm:

Schwab charged me $50 for the Australian mining co that was mentioned yesterday. I called and the customer service girl gave me back a $50 credit and said if it happened again just call.
View Quote

I called last night and they weren't interested in crediting my account.  I may try again today.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 10:00:02 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Scare_Crow] [#8]

View Quote

OXSQ, OXLC, GLAD pay monthly. These are high % and some say risky because of that

XOM SPY QQQ and many others.

You can google best dividend stocks. Most pay 3% to 7% on the good ones, yearly on the quarter.

I have $5k in OXSQ and OXLC and they are paying me about $56 a month
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 10:06:29 AM EDT
[#9]
UNIT is starting to look good again.  I am in at a higher price and they are coming out of a 2 years long legal nightmare, but I see the price going back up and the dividend increasing over the next 6 months or so.  I had this as a long term hold and the legal situation killed it.  fortunately I held through all of that and now it is showing some strength.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 10:09:40 AM EDT
[Last Edit: apexcrusade] [#10]
Originally Posted By Scare_Crow:

OXSQ, OXLC, GLAD pay monthly. These are high % and some say risky because of that

You can google best dividend stocks. Most pay 3% to 7% on the good ones, yearly on the quarter.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Scare_Crow:

OXLC is definitely starting to look good lately.  They've declared dividends through March.  I split about 5K between ECC and OXLC long ago.  Wish I would have went all in on OXLC.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 10:28:06 AM EDT
[#11]
CRSR had a public offering that tanked the stock .Was in the mid $40's and seems to have stabilized at $36
It hit $50+ in November
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 10:29:29 AM EDT
[#12]
I sold ATOS yesterday for small gains, but I'm going to buy back in this morning.

Historically they jump up to the high 3's in the spring, and they are currently working on a nasal spray for at home Covid treatment. It's been trending up for awhile.
View Quote

@sitdwnandhngon
I got in yesterday at 1.38. Thanks for the tip.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 10:36:36 AM EDT
[#13]

Zomedica is one popular stock in Robinhood as company fortifies liquidity
Jan. 21, 2021 9:29 AM ETZomedica Corp. (ZOM)

Despite a ~393.5% rise in the past 30-day period Zomedica (NYSEMKT:ZOM) reigns supreme in the Robinhood trading platform by clinging to its position as one of the 100 most popular stocks.
   The development stage company focused on veterinary health recently announced that it raised $40M after investors exercised outstanding warrants. It also regained compliance with NASDAQ listing standards, informed Zomedica CEO Robert Cohen in a letter to shareholders.
   The company continues to lose money at the operating level, but with the recent exercise of warrants by shareholders, cash and equivalents have jumped to over $90M compared to ~$1.5M at the end of 2019.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 10:40:09 AM EDT
[#14]
INUV looks like it might drop today, the offering is supposed to close before tomorrow

I jumped the gun a bit, my average is 1.55 now, if it gets to 1 or less I'm going to add more though.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 11:00:34 AM EDT
[#15]
Got out of GSAT $1.37
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 11:02:35 AM EDT
[#16]
INUV is dropping like a rock this morning.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 11:04:10 AM EDT
[#17]
View Quote

New shares are priced at a buck ten, correct?
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 11:06:41 AM EDT
[#18]

View All Quotes

Looks like it.

https://www.globenewswire.com/news-release/2021/01/20/2161420/0/en/Inuvo-Prices-6-25-Million-Common-Stock-Offering.html
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 11:30:20 AM EDT
[#19]
BIOL is running hard out of the gate again. I knew I should've hit it at .43
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 11:33:59 AM EDT
[#20]
ATOS looks like it's going to gain ground again today.

I'm just going to watch what happens with everything I have for the next few days, except GSAT. If it makes another run I'm unloading it.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 11:44:41 AM EDT
[#21]
Mavis tanking.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 11:54:07 AM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By Vengeance6661:
Mavis tanking.
View Quote

Buying opportunity!
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 11:57:39 AM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By Mak_380:

Buying opportunity!
View Quote

It looks like it is being manipulated.   Higher volume selling dropping the price and then a slow climb back up.  Looks like someone is trying to get in.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 12:05:30 PM EDT
[#24]
Sold my 2 shares of excelon and bought atos, so its going to drop and excelon will go up.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 12:08:07 PM EDT
[#25]
I just bought a million shares of PDOS just to say I have a million shares of something lol. . Should be a fun ride but with some spare cash in my etrade account and Marvel and DC cooling off a bit could get lucky with their comic library.

Picked up 100k shares of TSOI as well.

I think i'm about tapped out on penny stocks and penny crypto though. The nice thing about the lockdown is all the money I would have pissed away at bars, travel, eating out, and strippers i've just thrown long into some higher risk/reward stocks and crypto. So even if they do nothing or lose i'm still coming out ahead lol.

I promise I'll try to be a good little speculator from here on out.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 12:17:10 PM EDT
[#26]
Mavis tanking.
View Quote

I bought more Jan20 2023 $1 calls
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 12:40:43 PM EDT
[#27]
POWW is down almost $2 from last week, I wish I had more buying power I would throw some money at it.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 12:44:50 PM EDT
[#28]
IDK about you guys but I'm bleeding today.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 12:47:39 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By ThePitt:
View Quote

Mine looking like a heartbeat, up, down, up, down, after a pretty good jump right before closing yesterday.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 12:49:10 PM EDT
[#30]
GME zipping through the 40 dollar range!
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 12:51:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FelisTacet] [#31]
ASDN (Astro Aerospace Inc.) is doing great today.

I bought 3,000 shares a few weeks ago after it was mentioned here.  It’s been pretty dead up until today.

They’re a drone company kind of like UAVS (Ageagle Aerial Systems Inc.)

I wanted in on UAVS but never did jump in, but they’ve steadily climbed until today.  Odd, as ASDN basically did the complete opposite today.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 12:51:38 PM EDT
[#32]
yeah, everything down a bit except for my FORD.  Luckily I got into it under $5 last year as one of my first "too big to fail" bets.

I'm up +140% on that but not for a whole lot of volume.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 12:59:27 PM EDT
[#33]
POWW is down almost $2 from last week, I wish I had more buying power I would throw some money at it.
View Quote

That's what margin is for
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 1:00:33 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By FelisTacet:
ASDN (Astro Aerospace Inc.) is doing great today.

I bought 3,000 shares a few weeks ago after it was mentioned here.  It’s been pretty dead up until today.

They’re a drone company kind of like UAVS (Ageagle Aerial Systems Inc.)

I wanted in on UAVS but never did jump in, but they’ve steadily climbed until today.  Odd, as ASDN basically did the complete opposite today.
View Quote

This is the way. I too own 2,000 shares, finally making gainz!

No news from them, not sure whats going on.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 1:01:14 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By mks99:
yeah, everything down a bit except for my FORD.  Luckily I got into it under $5 last year as one of my first "too big to fail" bets.

I'm up +140% on that but not for a whole lot of volume.
View Quote

I sold when it hit $10, held for damn near a year but made a bit on it.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 1:12:29 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By colt_thompson:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By colt_thompson:

Link Posted: 1/21/2021 1:14:07 PM EDT
[#37]
View Quote

It's so damn bipolar.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 1:18:23 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By KaiK:

It's so damn bipolar.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By KaiK:

It's so damn bipolar.

I keep getting my hopes dashed.  There is a battle royale going on with that stock.   If I had the requisite cahones I'd load up at about $35 and unload at $42.  It's been doing this for a while.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 1:24:10 PM EDT
[#39]
View Quote

AITX is up quite a bit.  AAPL and BNGO up a little.

Everything else I have is down today.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 1:27:01 PM EDT
[#40]

I keep getting my hopes dashed.  There is a battle royale going on with that stock.   If I had the requisite cahones I'd load up at about $35 and unload at $42.  It's been doing this for a while.
View Quote

I'm wondering if the investors are starting to unload to the shorts.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 1:39:33 PM EDT
[#41]
Mavis tanking.
View Quote

Lighten up. Notice I haven't changed the thread title?
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 1:50:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: mikkojay] [#42]
Originally Posted By mikkojay:
Not a buy suggestion, but may be one to research- BUSXF
Brand-new ticker in the US

From https://grandewest.com

The digital voice of this channel is a little annoying, but this guy was pro-ZOM long before the hype:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-OBYTJDIVY

I found this a little interdasting

Cheers!
View Quote

Anybody hit this?  I bought in at 2.26 when I posted this on 1-12, 3.60 at the moment.
It is an OTC though, so I don't know if it would be available on Robinhood, etc.

(edit) aaand as soon as I mention it, it starts to flounder- I swear...
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 2:28:28 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By Osprey61:

Lighten up. Notice I haven't changed the thread title?
View Quote

I'm light baby, in fighting shape for Mavis. No worries here.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 2:30:36 PM EDT
[#44]
ENZC is up 25% today
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 2:32:28 PM EDT
[#45]
On a ZOM note, anyone see the daily chart over the last 3 hours?

It looks like a pulse train on an oscilloscope.  Literally up and down one cent hundreds of times in a short time frame, making a very inorganic chart.

Barcode Pattern Candlesticks

I have heard this referred to as "barcoding" and it is evidence of algorithmic manipulation apparently.  I don't know much about it, but it has a bad feel.  I'm long on ZOM, going to hold out for a while.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 2:35:16 PM EDT
[#46]
View Quote

Bleeding for 3 days here.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 2:36:26 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By Stantonizm:
ENZC is up 25% today
View Quote

Heck yes, helping to keep things green overall today.  Not sure where I heard about this one first, but if it was here, thanks to whomever it was.  I have a small position but it is looking nice.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 2:37:28 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By Layer60:

Bleeding for 3 days here.
View Quote

So many jokes....
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 2:38:03 PM EDT
[#49]
So, is ZOM being manipulated?!
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 2:39:23 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By espantoonMP:
So, is ZOM being manipulated?!
View Quote

that trace looks like machine trading, no idea how/why in this case.
Page / 1687
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top