BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 6
Link Posted: 5/13/2020 7:53:19 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By benw8887:
I got the newsletter to my Hotmail yesterday. 

View Quote

Not yesterday, but yesterday per OP
Link Posted: 5/13/2020 2:29:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By benw8887:
I got the newsletter to my Hotmail yesterday.

View Quote
Same here for my CompuServe account......
Link Posted: 5/15/2020 1:53:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Comcast has always worked for me.
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 3:14:34 AM EDT
[Last Edit: DV8] [#4]
Post removed:  Spam  - DV8
Link Posted: 5/22/2020 4:26:36 PM EDT
[#5]
You can add me to the list of victims.  I forgot my password and tried to reset it with Hotmail.  Nothing happened.  I finally had to send a personal email to Aimless, who forwarded and saved my but.

Thank you Aimless and Striker
Link Posted: 5/27/2020 4:11:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: aeroworksxp] [#6]
You all should be using protonmail
No issues with blocking from them. I think project vertas uses them too.

Shame that MS has this issue. I don't like the trend towards censorship the world is going.
Link Posted: 6/3/2020 5:02:02 PM EDT
[#7]
I've tried to reset my STORE account so I can re-up my subscription, but no dice.

I can't change that email.
Link Posted: 6/4/2020 1:29:58 PM EDT
[#8]
Just make a new store account. I've had to do it once or twice.
Link Posted: 6/4/2020 5:16:44 PM EDT
[#9]
Switched to a Comcast email address. Notifications working as expected now.
Link Posted: 6/7/2020 10:14:56 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Greenspan:
Why they block?
View Quote

youKnowWhy.gif
Link Posted: 6/11/2020 9:33:09 AM EDT
[#11]
Hi new member here. I'm pretty active on multiple forums and found it odd that I couldn't use my yahoo or gmail account. Anyhow, I used my work email which is an microsoft outlook exchange account. I didn't receive anything in the first hour and figured maybe work flagged it. Oddly enough 12 hours later I received my email with activation link.

Just thought I'd share that.
Link Posted: 6/12/2020 3:23:57 AM EDT
[#12]
Does this mean I can have my old account back?
Link Posted: 6/30/2020 1:23:22 PM EDT
[#13]
Meh...there is nothing worthwhile in the newsletter anyway...
Link Posted: 7/3/2020 6:56:49 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Dog1:
Meh...there is nothing worthwhile in the newsletter anyway...
View Quote

I get the newsletter but, I can't access my account. Arf doesn't respond for a password reset.
Link Posted: 7/5/2020 6:56:05 PM EDT
[#15]
https://mxtoolbox.com/domain/ar15.com/?source=findmonitors

The dmarc stuff shouldn’t be necessary but have the mail server admin/devops guys take a look at the other errors.
Link Posted: 7/6/2020 5:43:19 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 7/7/2020 3:08:38 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By Striker:

did you check your spam folder?
View Quote

Nothing there.
Link Posted: 7/7/2020 9:15:14 AM EDT
[#18]
Thanks!
Link Posted: 7/8/2020 2:47:32 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 7/9/2020 10:27:30 AM EDT
[#20]
I had a msn account.  I missed several EE email sent items before I realized this thread applied to me, too.

Gmail seems to be working fine now.
Link Posted: 7/12/2020 9:54:37 AM EDT
[#21]
This appears to be more related to  not adhering to mail server configuration standards than it does censorship.  Running your own mail servers is not what it used to be 10 years ago, as a lot of the big players decided to start enforcing good practices.  

Link Posted: 7/18/2020 3:11:49 PM EDT
[#22]
but we cant use gmail
Link Posted: 7/21/2020 2:58:48 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By cthulhu:
This appears to be more related to  not adhering to mail server configuration standards than it does censorship.  Running your own mail servers is not what it used to be 10 years ago, as a lot of the big players decided to start enforcing good practices.  

View Quote

As someone who works in IT marketing, this is very true.
Link Posted: 7/24/2020 8:35:40 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By pc-ops:
but we cant use gmail
View Quote

Latest update from Goatboy now allows Gmail.
Link Posted: 8/2/2020 10:01:48 AM EDT
[#25]
You guys need to work on your dns zone file, fix some errors, and I bet MS stops blocking emails from your domain.

https://mxtoolbox.com/domain/ar15.com/

Link Posted: 8/4/2020 3:17:32 PM EDT
[#26]
Why they block?
View Quote

Because they are generally incompetent assholes.

Very recently, I had a misconfiguration that allowed open relay - that is, anyone could send email to anyone else (as opposed to only people on my sever).
Spammers continually look for this and immediately point their spam generators at such servers.

This was spotted, and fixed within a couple of hours. In that time, some spammer had sent many, many spam emails.

Mail providers such as gmail, yahoo etc. did the right thing, they throttled reception from my server, so stuff just piled up in the queues.
That made it easy for me to just go delete all the thousands of queued spam emails.

But ... hotmail ... nope. They just plain blocked my mail server.

Took me ages to find any contact info for Microsoft mail systems. The initial response was that there was no way to unblock. If they EVER detect any spam, you get blocked - forever.
After complaining that this was unreasonable, and just screwing their customers, I eventually found a tech in India who was prepared to listen. After an explanation of what had occurred and what had been done to fix it, he manually fixed it.

I think this was an exception to their usual process (what process???).
Link Posted: 8/12/2020 7:41:51 PM EDT
[#27]
I am not getting ee notifications either with a Hotmail account.   Guess they blocked me as well.  Really don't want to add another email account to check daily.   Has there been any resolution to this issue with hot mail
Link Posted: 8/14/2020 5:25:56 PM EDT
[#28]
Still not getting any emails...
Link Posted: 8/27/2020 12:51:13 AM EDT
[#29]
Think this may get be my EE issue. Will work on this tomorrow. Is Comcast still blocking?
Link Posted: 8/27/2020 11:08:29 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By fire_medic:
Think this may get be my EE issue. Will work on this tomorrow. Is Comcast still blocking?
View Quote
Worked for me when I switched back in June.
Link Posted: 9/11/2020 3:44:55 PM EDT
[#31]
So what's the short list of the email folks that will allow freedom of speech.
I find myself in this boat and wish to choose wisely. I REALLY suck at this computer stuff & need some assistance  
Thanks guys
Link Posted: 9/14/2020 5:16:28 AM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By fire4fx:
So what's the short list of the email folks that will allow freedom of speech.
I find myself in this boat and wish to choose wisely. I REALLY suck at this computer stuff & need some assistance  
Thanks guys
View Quote

Proton Mail.

Fed proof email , extremely strong privacy policy, and hosted in Switzerland.
Link Posted: 9/14/2020 6:17:54 AM EDT
[#33]
This thread pops back up and each time I am hoping there will be a reply from the Admins stating the issue is resolved.

With regards to various e-mail accounts, are any actually useful in filtering out the Spam e-mails?

I keep flagging the same e-mails as phishing within hotmail but they still get through.
Link Posted: 10/2/2020 3:53:51 PM EDT
[#34]
Switched to my gmail account which is working fine, for now...
Link Posted: 12/9/2020 12:34:41 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AlterEgo2] [#35]
Buy yourself a 2yr domain + email package. GoDaddy and others have low cost solutions. This way you have full control over your email, etc.

Heck, these days you can use Amazon AWS free-tier and park a email server there for your own use, and then just buy a 99cent domain and point DNS MX record to that server in AWS.

Do not let the commi's  (Mycrudsoft, Google crime bot, etc etc) scrub/read your email .
Link Posted: 12/9/2020 2:42:07 PM EDT
[#36]
I use AOL, but that ain't sayin' much. Maybe they will get around to screwing things up to.
Link Posted: 12/9/2020 2:48:30 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By 3uzzard:

I get the newsletter but, I can't access my account. Arf doesn't respond for a password reset.
View Quote

I just changed my PW about 15 minutes ago. Sometimes things can be sqirrelly though. I think that I had to try it about 5 times.
Link Posted: 12/11/2020 9:44:38 AM EDT
[#38]
Guys use Protonmail or fastmail.

Nothing is for free.

Protect your data.
Link Posted: 12/15/2020 11:03:52 AM EDT
[#39]
It is going to get worse. Nothing is perfect but check out tutanota.com. Offers end to end encryption.
Link Posted: 12/15/2020 12:13:19 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By svtfast:

Nothing is for free.

Protect your data.
View Quote

If the person on the other end isn't using proton doesn't that defeat the purpose???
Link Posted: 12/15/2020 3:28:07 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By JThompson:

If the person on the other end isn't using proton doesn't that defeat the purpose???
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By JThompson:
Originally Posted By svtfast:

Nothing is for free.

Protect your data.

Yes.

ProtonMail also has a history of giving up the data they collect to governments before they receive a warrant.

Transparency Report

Email is insecure by design.
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 1:34:03 AM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By 1787:

Yes.

ProtonMail also has a history of giving up the data they collect to governments before they receive a warrant.

Transparency Report

Email is insecure by design.
View Quote

This, 100%.

If you didn't not encrypt the email yourself using open source encryption protocols, on software and hardware disconnected from the email provider, you really cannot know be sure it can only be read by the person that holds the private key, and so it can not be considered secure.

Not only that, but email is very low hanging fruit now when it comes to encrypted communications, there are already better methods availible, and more in development.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 4:36:39 AM EDT
[#43]
Why they block?
View Quote
These shenanigans from big tech aren't new, but they are ramping up...big time
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 5:00:36 PM EDT
[#44]
@Striker - have you found out what blacklisting services have the ARF domain listed?  Microsoft and Google might maintain their own blacklist, but most smaller domains generally use a 3rd party blacklist.  It's generally better to appeal to the 3rd party blacklist operator itself to have your domain removed than fight with each and every domain to individually whitelist your domain.  

I remember back in the early 2000's the blacklist vendor we used had princeton.edu listed; and Princeton was a customer of ours...so we never got any of their emails.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 8:23:20 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 9:53:39 PM EDT
[#46]
AFAIK comcast and microsuck are the only 2. Comcast denies they are and microsuck won't do anything to remove us from theirs..
View Quote

Would probably be easiest to attack it as a customer and not a 3rd party.  Just sign up (as an individual) for a Comcast account, then using that sign up for an ARF account....obviously it won't work.  Then as a customer call Comcast and request that you need a site unblocked and put in (and PUSH) that trouble ticket as one of their paying customers.

Contacting them as a representative of ARFCOM would be confrontational and they have no reason to even give a 3rd party website the time of day.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 9:55:35 PM EDT
[#47]
AFAIK comcast and microsuck are the only 2. Comcast denies they are and microsuck won't do anything to remove us from theirs..
View Quote
Has MS acknowledged that the domain is blacklisted and won't remove it, or have they not even acknowledged that it's blacklisted?
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 3:39:41 PM EDT
[#48]
Howdy..!
A VPN email is the best you can do.  Change the VPN credentials every time you use it.

To make harder to track:
Then set up your own email server(s) which you move between hosting sites and connect the dots.

It will only slow down the enemy... diversion...

Change Password daily, at different times...

That will make it a little harder for them.. but you are a sitting duck.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 10:32:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Wangstang] [#49]
Originally Posted By Muad:
You guys need to work on your dns zone file, fix some errors, and I bet MS stops blocking emails from your domain.

https://mxtoolbox.com/domain/ar15.com/

View Quote

@Goatboy @Striker @Aimless

Did you guys look into this?
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 12:46:00 AM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By Wangstang:

@Goatboy @Striker @Aimless

Did you guys look into this?
View Quote
The glaring issue I see is the SORBS blacklist.
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top