Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/17/2001 3:25:44 PM EDT
This weekend there's a gunshow and I rented two tables for the first time ever. I am so excited about this. It's not required by law in the state the show is held but I'm going to use a FFL'er to run the NICS and 4473's for me. The auditorium provides one as I think it's their policy to close the evil "gun show loop hole" anyway. If it was solely up to me I think I would have the paperwork done on the handguns but no way on the rifles. I even heard the ATF has called in advance to announce that they are going to be there checking up on the FFL'ers (not me, I'm just a private joe smoe). That's going to be weird meeting these pig face devils in person for the first time. I'm sure they're gonna love me too being unlicensed, but since I will be having the checks done what can they say. Here's some of the stuff I'm selling. Tell me what you think of my prices and selection.
Robinson Arms M-96 LNIB w/ factory tactical sling & steel 20rnd mag $999
Savage Scout Rifle w/ Redfield EER scope & Harris bi-pod also LNIB $450
Russian M44 Very Good $100
Walther P99 .40 cal LNIB w/ 2 low caps and one 12 rnd. standard cap $499
Glock 27 LNIB w/ 3 mags (one has plus one ext.)
$450
Pso-1 Russian scope $99
Romanian laminate stock set $39
Centurary Arms L1A1 complete lower receiver (all internals) w/ thumbhole stock $40
Bushmaster buttstock set (buffer,spring tube, everything) new take off $50
Bushmaster V-match Alum Handguard $50
Benchmade CQC7 Good condition but factory resharpened (very early model Emerson) $50

Lots of other cool stuff I never use. I liked the M-96 but want more AR's instead and the Walther is really cool so unless I get the full price I'll hold on to that. The LNIB's are really that nice so tell me if I should start higher and let them work me down some. I won't sell some of the best stuff if all I'm gonna get is crack head offers, but I wanted the prices low enough to move the stuff. A big bill came up is why I'm doing this and it sure beats getting 50% on what I paid if I try to trade this stuff in at a gun store. Besides, I may end up missing maybe two of the guns I will be selling but other than that it should be really cool to do this. Any advice will be appreciated. BTW-I will be clearing actions anytime I hand to or take back friearms from customers.
Link Posted: 5/17/2001 3:28:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Sounds like you just got a table here for free
Link Posted: 5/17/2001 3:36:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Those are decent for gun show prices. Hope you beat out the ripoff artists.

radioman
Link Posted: 5/17/2001 3:48:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Oh man, you know some of the dealers will be pissed! Either they will buy everything up first or bitch and moan about hacks like me messing with their livelyhoods. So sorry.
Link Posted: 5/17/2001 4:00:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Sounds a little high on the M44. The rest of the stuff sounds pretty good. What caliber is the Savage?
Link Posted: 5/17/2001 4:10:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Savage is low. Figure the rifle is worth around $400 since it's the scout. The redfield & mounts are $150 plus. You make more money spliting the scope & rifle. The scope is never what the guy wants & he will dick you over that. Leave no slings on the guns. They add nothing to the deal & will hang on stuff, maybe pulling something off the table. Put the sling in the misc pile & make $10 off it. Little shit will make table money for you. Be prepared for all the newbie questions & lowball offers. Don't get mad, its just a game to beat the dealer. Keep some cash to pick off the deals that walk by. Guys will be so sick of the lowball prices the dealers offer for their guns, you can offer just a bit more & the dude will sellit to you "Cause you're not a dealer".
Any questions, let me know. I've been there & done that. Good fun & you can build your collection.
Scott
Link Posted: 5/17/2001 4:11:33 PM EDT
[#6]
The Savage is .308
Link Posted: 5/17/2001 4:13:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Gun-fan,
Really good advice. Thank you!
Link Posted: 5/17/2001 4:34:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Don't let it worry you any, but the ATF is there to check up on [b]everybody[/b], no just dealers.

Remember, this is just [b]your private collection[/b], you [b]need the money[/b] for doctor's bills, school, vacation, whatever.  It's your [b]first time[/b] to ever do this, and [b]no[/b] I'm not going to be buying [b]any more firearms[/b] with any money I might make.

It seems like about once a month or so in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area, we hear of some 'private dealer' getting set up and busted by the ATF,
for selling without an FFL.  Guy's usually charged with multiple felonies, and, as always, they 'agree' to reduce it to just one felony charge, if he rolls over and pleads.  So what? One felony's as good as a dozen from our point of view.

Your tax dollars at work! - Protecting the good citizens from other good citizens.

Eric The(had it up to here)Hun
Link Posted: 5/17/2001 5:12:24 PM EDT
[#9]
What state are you selling at??

idaho-ar15
Link Posted: 5/17/2001 5:12:24 PM EDT
[#10]
Thanks Eric-
I wonder what questions if any I have to answer if they make a special guest apperance at my table. I don't plan on being a bitch for them. I say this now, but we'll see if I don't curl up into the fetal position crying like a little girl when them time comes [puke]
Link Posted: 5/17/2001 5:25:20 PM EDT
[#11]
If this is the show in Lancaster, PA I might want to take a look at that Savage.
Eric
Link Posted: 5/17/2001 5:33:59 PM EDT
[#12]
ATF recently busted a guy at the local gunshow because he was from out of state, buying and selling without an FFL.

Be sure to make sure that everyone you deal with is a resident of your home state (and that you're in your home state, too). [grenade]
Link Posted: 5/17/2001 5:36:10 PM EDT
[#13]
Where is the show?
Link Posted: 5/17/2001 6:10:34 PM EDT
[#14]
Ok, before I mention what state I live in and where the show is here's a question for you.
Everyone can buy rifles in a neighboring state so say I live in PA couldn't I sell a rifle in OH without any problems? How about the fact that all the guns are going thru an FFL the hall has there for private sales? Isn't this just like buying a handgun or rifle from the shotgun news and having a local FFL doing the transfer? Help please. This is one of the reason I posted this thread is to get clear on everything. Thanks to all.
Link Posted: 5/17/2001 6:13:01 PM EDT
[#15]
I have no idea I always buy local.  I am not really with the ATF.  ATF
Link Posted: 5/17/2001 6:25:45 PM EDT
[#16]
WHERE THE HELL IS THE SHOW?
Link Posted: 5/17/2001 6:27:31 PM EDT
[#17]
Hey ATF,
If I hadn't found an earlier post by you and how your last name got booted I might have been sweating it a little, but I knew you weren't ATF.

Well, how do I really know? Sniff, Sniff I smell a rat. Just kidding[pyro]
Link Posted: 5/17/2001 6:31:38 PM EDT
[#18]
Are these guns out of your private collection? If so, why would you require someone to go through the NICS hastle verses selling them privately?
Link Posted: 5/17/2001 6:57:24 PM EDT
[#19]
bwilder10h,
Because like I said in the first posting it's the hall's policy to provide a FFL'er for the unlicensed sellers who are dealing in firearms.

After reading the ATF's web site it is allowed for me a MD resident to sell to other MD residents without the transfer paperwork. I knew that part. Also,it is legal for me to sell firearms at this gunshow in DE as long as I conduct the sale thru an FFL as the gun show's policy requires it anyway even if I was a resident of that state to another resident of that state. So as far as legalities I'm cool.

How about more tips from people that have had a table of their own at some other shows. How did it go?
Link Posted: 5/17/2001 7:30:16 PM EDT
[#20]
Well, if you're going through an FFL dealer that's provided by the Hall, how are you going to handle the paperwork other than by saying that you are 'selling' the firearm to the FFL dealer and the FFL dealer is 'selling' the firearm to the actual customer.

If so, the FFL guy is going to have to collect sales tax (at least he would in Texas, I don't know about elsewhere), from someone, hopefully not you, so remember to price your weapons accordingly.

Lord, I hate the laws these bastids have put upon us.[}:D]

Eric The Hun
Link Posted: 5/17/2001 7:31:05 PM EDT
[#21]
Automatic - Transmission - Fluid ????
Link Posted: 5/18/2001 7:20:28 AM EDT
[#22]
BTT
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top