Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 415
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 10:38:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Brees is averaging 4.1 yards per pass attempt.

If the Saints are going to have a shot at winning he might have to do a little better.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 10:38:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Brees has thrown several other balls tonight that were flirting with being picked besides the 2 that he actually has given up
View Quote

He has not looked good.  

I haven’t watched super closely but I think NO should have picked off Brady at least twice.  

I know both these defenses are tough but both QBs look like game managers.

Brees can barely throw the ball.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 10:39:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

brady had a very good year, huge bounce back from last year which by regular QB standards was a solid year, and he's had two great play off games.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Brees and Brady should both retire after this game.

brady had a very good year, huge bounce back from last year which by regular QB standards was a solid year, and he's had two great play off games.

I haven’t seen much of him this year. His arm is still more lively than Brees but he is a shadow of what he was.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 10:41:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Brees INT #3 should do it.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 10:41:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Brees needs to sit down for a bit...
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 10:41:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Kinda sad to see Brees end like this
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 10:41:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Picked again.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 10:42:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I haven’t seen much of him this year. His arm is still more lively than Brees but he is a shadow of what he was.
View Quote

he's definitely not the brady when he was throwing to Moss and he had no shortage of weapons this year but he had one hell of a year. definitely a top five QB if not a top 3.

Link Posted: 1/17/2021 10:43:46 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

It is.  It reminds me of Peyton Manning at the end.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 10:46:53 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

he's definitely not the brady when he was throwing to Moss and he had no shortage of weapons this year but he had one hell of a year. definitely a top five QB if not a top 3.

View Quote

I didn’t see much of him this year and what I did see he was bad. I know he put up some good numbers too but I didn’t see those games.

Jameis Winston put up huge numbers with this team last year, but being an idiot, he threw too many picks.  

I suspect quite a few QBs would have done well with this offense.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 10:47:37 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

Not me.  

I use to be a Brees fan, but after his comments and his actions... fuck Brees.   Soak it up, you pussy.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 10:48:03 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I didn’t see much of him this year and what I did see he was bad. I know he put up some good numbers too but I didn’t see those games.

Jameis Winston put up huge numbers with this team last year, but being an idiot, he threw too many picks.  

I suspect quite a few QBs would have done well wik this offense.
View Quote

one of those guys got fired and became a back up, the other helped lead the team to the NFC champ game.

brady still has gas in the tank.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 10:48:44 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Not me.  

I use to be a Brees fan, but after his comments and his actions... fuck Brees.   Soak it up, you pussy.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not me.  

and his initial comments weren't even bad... god damn.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 10:49:12 PM EDT
[#14]
lol.. brady leaves the AFC just to fuck with Rodgers in the NFC champ game.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 10:51:43 PM EDT
[#15]
And, in what could be his last game ever, here are Brees' numbers in a playoff loss as a home favorite:

19 for 34

134 yards

3.9 yards per attempt

1 TD

3 INTs

38.1 passer rating
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 10:52:39 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

one of those guys got fired and became a back up, the other helped lead the team to the NFC champ game.

brady still has gas in the tank.
View Quote

If he is smart he calls it quits soon and goes out on top.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 10:55:00 PM EDT
[#17]
Bills @ Chiefs: Chiefs -3

Bucs @ Packers: Packers -4

Link Posted: 1/17/2021 10:58:13 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Not me.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not me.  

Yeah that was a bunch of horseshit, and I'm not a personal fan of his. Just recognize his on-field contribution to the league over a long time span.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 10:59:06 PM EDT
[#19]
Looks like some solid football next weekend
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 11:00:58 PM EDT
[#20]
Saints just got Buc-fucked.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 11:01:32 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
And, in what could be his last game ever, here are Brees' numbers in a playoff loss as a home favorite:

19 for 34

134 yards

3.9 yards per attempt

1 TD

3 INTs

38.1 passer rating
View Quote

Meh,  he still got his team to the Divisional round, there are 12 other QBs in the NFC that couldn't do that. I am not going to shit on the guy. We all knew it was probably his last year, he had an amazing career and turned the Saints into contender in the conference. Good for him and good luck to him in the future.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 11:02:40 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

AFC is 1 & 2 seeds

NFC is 1 & 5 seeds

Only one team that wasn't a 1st or 2nd seed

ETA Also 3 of the 4 remaining QB's have won a SB
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 11:04:50 PM EDT
[#23]
Obligatory meme dump:

Link Posted: 1/17/2021 11:16:45 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Meh,  he still got his team to the Divisional round, there are 12 other QBs in the NFC that couldn't do that. I am not going to shit on the guy. We all knew it was probably his last year, he had an amazing career and turned the Saints into contender in the conference. Good for him and good luck to him in the future.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

19 for 34

134 yards

3.9 yards per attempt

1 TD

3 INTs

38.1 passer rating

Yeah, because that's how Hall of Fame QBs should be judged. Whether or not their team reached the divisional round.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 11:21:55 PM EDT
[#25]
Some fun football history was made today.

Only two teams have ever hosted three consecutive conference games:

The 2002-2004 Philadelphia Eagles.

The 2018-2020 Kansas City Chiefs.

Both of those teams were coached by Andy Reid.

The icing on the cake? The Eagles moved to The Linc before the 2003 season, therefore, the only stadium in the league to ever host three consecutive conference championship games is:

Arrowhead Stadium.

I guess it also goes without saying that, Patrick Mahomes has been a starting QB for three years, and he's never been eliminated before the AFCCG.

The Chiefs also now have more playoff wins in the Patrick Mahomes era than they did in the 47 years between the NFL merger and him becoming the starter.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 11:25:12 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Brees: yes.

Brady has shown he still has some gas left in the tank.
View Quote

Agreed, but he really needs to work out the kinks on those INT's and "almost" INT's.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 11:26:30 PM EDT
[#27]
Tom Brady has now reached his conference title game 14 times: '01, '03, '04, '06, '07, '11, '12, '13, '14, '15, '16, '17, '18, '20.

Or, put another way, nine out of the last ten years.

I do not see the Bucs winning next week, however. They barely beat a team whose quarterback could not throw a 15 yard pass and now they face Aaron Rodgers in Green Bay.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 11:27:48 PM EDT
[#28]

The don't hire Daboll. They don't hire Bienemy. They hire a dude with one year of experience as a DC that wasn't on anyone's coaching carousel radar, and they're going to entrust that guy with their promising rookie QB?

Alrighty then.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 11:27:51 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Agreed, but he really needs to work out the kinks on those INT's and "almost" INT's.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Brees: yes.

Brady has shown he still has some gas left in the tank.

But that's true for pretty much every QB though.  I think it was the Packers/Bears game where I saw Rodgers throw back-to-back passes that hit a DB in both hands.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 11:30:22 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Tom Brady has now reached his conference title game 14 times: '01, '03, '04, '06, '07, '11, '12, '13, '14, '15, '16, '17, '18, '20.

I do not see the Bucs winning next week, however. They barely beat a team whose quarterback could not throw a 15 yard pass and now they face Aaron Rodgers in Green Bay.
View Quote

You can bet the Packers at -200 ML if you're feeling confident.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 11:33:28 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

https://media4.giphy.com/media/CiYImHHBivpAs/giphy.gif

https://media4.giphy.com/media/rI9O6UXkCjvTG/giphy.gif

The don't hire Daboll. They don't hire Bienemy. They hire a dude with one year of experience as a DC that wasn't on anyone's coaching carousel radar, and they're going to entrust that guy with their promising rookie QB?

Alrighty then.
View Quote

I don't this hire, either. He better find some guys who can develop Herbert
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 11:35:45 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote

That is a crazy stat. He carried some of those teams and was carried by others.  It is freakish. I think he sold his soul to the devil.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 11:37:53 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

The icing on the cake? The Eagles moved to The Linc before the 2003 season, therefore, the only stadium in the league to ever host three consecutive conference championship games is:

https://www.kansascity.com/latest-news/21wcrp/picture242729701/alternates/LANDSCAPE_1140/KCM_ChiefsTitans_7027_011920.JPG

Arrowhead Stadium.

I guess it also goes without saying that, Patrick Mahomes has been a starting QB for three years, and he's never been eliminated before the AFCCG.

The Chiefs also now have more playoff wins in the Patrick Mahomes era than they did in the 47 years between the NFL merger and him becoming the starter.
View Quote

Wow, even historic Lambeau Field can't claim that even if you included the pre-superbowl era championships.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 11:40:17 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://media4.giphy.com/media/CiYImHHBivpAs/giphy.gif

https://media4.giphy.com/media/rI9O6UXkCjvTG/giphy.gif

Alrighty then.

Boy. It sure would be a shame if they don't.

Speaking of poverty franchises doing poverty franchise things, the Lions are apparently moving forward with hiring the Saints TE coach as their HC:

Link Posted: 1/17/2021 11:41:17 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote

I don't want to jinx it or anything, but I also have a feeling some serious film study was done on the loss from earlier this season. It's not often Rodgers gets confused by a defense and I'm positive that he has/is going to figure out how they did it. They're going to need some new wrinkles I think.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 11:41:35 PM EDT
[#36]
Just realized another thing about Brady re: conference championship games.

If you don't count the two years he wasn't the starting QB for his team ('00 and '08), he has made the conference championship game in 14 out his 19 years as a starter, or 74% of all conf. championship games.

74% of 19 years' worth.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 11:45:40 PM EDT
[#37]

If I'm Bieniemy or Daboll, I probably don't accept the Eagles or Texans jobs.

Both of those guys are coaching for contenders with great futures, and both of those jobs are career suicide.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 11:54:00 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

But that's true for pretty much every QB though.  I think it was the Packers/Bears game where I saw Rodgers throw back-to-back passes that hit a DB in both hands.
View Quote

Let me put it this way...

Rodgers will have a game with one of those "dead to rights should have been picked off" throws occasionally throughout the season. Multiple throws like that in the same game less frequently. Actual multiple INT games even less frequently. He had 1 game with multiple INT this year (TB), 0 in 2019, 0 in 2018, 1 in 2017, 2 in 2016, and 1 in 2015.

Every TB game I've watched this year TB12 has had one of those "dead to rights should have been picked off" throws, most had several throws like that, and 4 games had actual multiple INT's. In 2019 TB12 had 0 multiple INT games, 3 in 2018, 0 in 2017, 2 in 2016, and 1 in 2015. He can clearly be just as efficient, but either that Tampa Bay/Bruce Arians offense is causing it, something to do with WR chemistry, age, or a combination of all of them caused him to not be his normal self this year.

So it is true for every QB, but some need to do it more than others.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 11:55:00 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

I don't want to jinx it or anything, but I also have a feeling some serious film study was done on the loss from earlier this season. It's not often Rodgers gets confused by a defense and I'm positive that he has/is going to figure out how they did it. They're going to need some new wrinkles I think.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They faced Brees three times, and only now made him look like trash. Some of that is Brees, but some is definitely the Buccs.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 11:58:15 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

They faced Brees three times, and only now made him look like trash. Some of that is Brees, but some is definitely the Buccs.
View Quote

They're divisional rivals though.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 12:01:59 AM EDT
[#41]
Just a couple HoF'ers talking after a big game...

Link Posted: 1/18/2021 12:07:26 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

https://www.kansascity.com/latest-news/21wcrp/picture242729701/alternates/LANDSCAPE_1140/KCM_ChiefsTitans_7027_011920.JPG

Arrowhead Stadium.

View Quote

The only thing I took from that was the Eagles played in three home NFC Championships in a row and won 0 Super Bowls.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 12:10:47 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

They're divisional rivals though.
View Quote

Just saying if they can change things up enough to make Brees look like that (a divisional opponent who knows them better than most), it would be silly to think they would try and do nothing but the same game plan as last time against Rodgers.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 12:11:43 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Anyone know when was the last time one team beat another team 3 times in the same season?

Off the top of my head I can only recall the Cowboys beating the Eagles 3 times in 2009.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 12:19:15 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Anyone know when was the last time one team beat another team 3 times in the same season?

Off the top of my head I can only recall the Cowboys beating the Eagles 3 times in 2009.
View Quote

What about when the Jets beat the Pats to get to the AFC champ game ?

Edit: or was it divisional game?
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 12:23:30 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That was 2010.  The Jets won the first game against the Patriots, but lost the second game 45-3.

That was also the last time the Jets made the postseason.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 12:25:57 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

That was 2010.  The Jets won the first game against the Patriots, but lost the second game 45-3.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

oh damn..

i'm trying to think, it would have to be two division rivals (obviously) that both made the post season and faced each other (also obviously).

niners and seahawks come to mind in recent years, atlanta and saints, ravens and steelers...

but i have a feeling if either of them beat each other three times you'd have figured that out.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 12:29:21 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

AFC is 1 & 2 seeds

NFC is 1 & 5 seeds

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

AFC is 1 & 2 seeds

NFC is 1 & 5 seeds

imho these were the two best match ups to come out of this weekend, and if i think back on most of the season, these would be match ups i would've loved to see halfway through the season.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 1:01:19 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

imho these were the two best match ups to come out of this weekend, and if i think back on most of the season, these would be match ups i would've loved to see halfway through the season.
View Quote

Both conference championships were matchups from roughly halfway through the season.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 1:05:46 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Both conference championships were matchups from roughly halfway through the season.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

correct. but i think all four teams are red hot right now and i can honestly see either game going either way.
Page / 415
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top