Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/16/2001 7:17:50 PM EDT
Anybody know anything about the new remington model 710?  Is it as accurate as the 700?  Reliable? Any good tests done on it already?
Thanks
Link Posted: 5/16/2001 7:24:58 PM EDT
[#1]
I got to fool around with one at my local gunstore.  Damn, i'm impressed.  Remington has a winner on this one.  The whole polymer feel is great.  The bushnell 3-9 is well you get what you pay for.  The best thing?  the trigger pull.  Try it, you'll love it.

NSF
Link Posted: 5/16/2001 7:29:02 PM EDT
[#2]
It does not compare to the 700 in accuracy.reliability is good .this rifle is good enough for hunting which was the purpose and was to be low priced.Not much potential in the accuracy to improve.just the basics.
Link Posted: 5/16/2001 7:34:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/16/2001 9:48:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I got to fool around with one at my local gunstore.  Damn, i'm impressed.  Remington has a winner on this one.  The whole polymer feel is great.  The bushnell 3-9 is well you get what you pay for.  The best thing?  the trigger pull.  Try it, you'll love it.

NSF
View Quote

Now that's funny!
Link Posted: 5/17/2001 3:38:03 AM EDT
[#5]
It is totally utilitarian. In a G&A review the best they could get was 2" at 100.  If you want a cheap truck gun or one to start a young'n on then it is a good deal, otherwise I would stay with the 700.
Link Posted: 5/17/2001 4:36:43 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 5/17/2001 6:44:12 AM EDT
[#7]
Well, let's see,
the barrel is pressed into the reciver which is made from a peice of seemless tubing (pipe), the bolt is a casting and the bolthead is pinned onto the bolt body, and to make it feel smooth, they put a plastic sleeve in the reciver for the bolt to ride on, all if this and the best you'll get out of it is 2" at 100yds, You'd be better of buying a surplus Mosin-Nagant, they'll shoot better than that and you'll save $2-300.00, The 710 is a peice of junk,Remington should be ashamed of it,
Link Posted: 5/17/2001 7:41:52 AM EDT
[#8]
I don't care about the polymer or how they made it. All I know is that it the bolt throw felt "stickier" to me than well polished steel, and it's not very customizable. I don't recall being very impressed with it's trigger compared to a 700's. To anyone wishing to buy, I'd recommend passing and buying a used 700 ADL.
Link Posted: 5/17/2001 7:48:24 AM EDT
[#9]
I haven't seen one but over on huntchat.com nobody has had anything good to say about the 710.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top