Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/16/2001 7:03:07 PM EDT
Dear AK-47.net Members
The web site specifically the web board has become a huge financial burden upon me. I am currently in college and cannot afford to pay $3000.00 a month for a server. My current provider had been kind enough to allow the site to remain until we find a solution. Unfortunately the cost and time required to maintain this site exceeds my budget at this time. I will consider offers to sell the site, however they must be in the best interests of the site. Unfortunately I am forced to close the forums until a solution can be found. Please make inquires to: [email protected].

Sincerely
Webmaster
View Quote
Link Posted: 5/16/2001 7:12:59 PM EDT
[#1]
and here I thought it was just a fed profiling honey-pot[;)]
Link Posted: 5/16/2001 7:13:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Man I lost one of my home away from home sites!!![v]
Link Posted: 5/16/2001 7:24:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Yeah, I love that site.  This stinks.  [:(]

GunLvr
Link Posted: 5/16/2001 7:33:29 PM EDT
[#4]
SHIT!!!!   :*(
Link Posted: 5/16/2001 7:41:55 PM EDT
[#5]
I emailed the webmaster and sugested charging a membership fee.  Will anyone else do the same?
Link Posted: 5/16/2001 7:48:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By BATF AGENT1:
I emailed the webmaster and sugested charging a membership fee.  Will anyone else do the same?
View Quote

It might do a lot to stopping the trolls from frequenting the site, but I doubt they could get enough people to make it work. I wouldn't pay to go there.
Link Posted: 5/16/2001 7:54:33 PM EDT
[#7]
WELL FU&# ME,what are we gonna do now?
Maybe GRIN or ANTI would like to buy it.[:D][:D]
Link Posted: 5/16/2001 7:57:51 PM EDT
[#8]
[B)]

Ouch my home page is gone!

Sniper out!
Link Posted: 5/16/2001 8:23:13 PM EDT
[#9]
Wait, wait,  are you sure it is not a faith based organization?  I love my gun and I have faith in my gun.  Surely, government funding is quick to follow.

What, not the correct faith?  Why is that not surprising?  
Link Posted: 5/16/2001 8:59:35 PM EDT
[#10]
I am deeply saddened by this...  also for the fact that it was costing him so much to run it... So many of us here including myself takes for granted the cost and efforts involved in maintaining a site... and also all the effort and money the Avila's put out...  

Thanks Avila's....

realist/wolfowner
Link Posted: 5/16/2001 9:06:10 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 5/16/2001 9:19:14 PM EDT
[#12]
theres another smaller AK site, that deals strictly with the AK-47 rifle the adress is

[url]http://pub53.ezboard.com/bak47union[/url]

also feel free to check out our site

[url]www.floridashootersnetwork.com[/url]

Link Posted: 5/16/2001 10:06:24 PM EDT
[#13]

Originally posted by ED AVILA SR

Oh my God!A couple of weeks in close contact with nature and this guy is thanking me? What about my mule(private joke),doesn't she count? LOL
Hey realist,my email has changed,but my computer is still crap!

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

ED... You and your Mule are burning the late night candle tonight!   Your gonna pay for that tomorrow... don't you know there's a required amount of sleep needed for gains [:D]

Thanks for the heads up on your email..  I guess the last one I sent is lost in cyberspace ..... [IMG]http://www.multimania.com/jujulm/rolleyes.gif[/IMG]

realist

Mine as always... [email protected]
Link Posted: 5/16/2001 10:22:30 PM EDT
[#14]
No thanks
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top