Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/16/2001 12:57:50 PM EDT
Anyone heading to the big race on Saturday night?   Can't wait to see all the new paint schemes and that crazy NASCAR shoot-out!!!
Link Posted: 5/16/2001 2:23:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Sorry I'm a NHRA guy.
Link Posted: 5/16/2001 2:52:43 PM EDT
[#2]
too comersal for me these days .i quit watching about 10 years ago or so.they change paint scheams to sell more die cast miniatures.their money grubers these days and until they get rid of the restrictor plates at daytona and taledega....they aint racin to me.just bunchin up.
Link Posted: 5/16/2001 3:15:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Sorry, not a pro wrestling fan and NASCAR is nothing but pro wrestling on wheels.  I like it when drivers actually have to drive, such as on a road course.
Link Posted: 5/16/2001 4:53:01 PM EDT
[#4]
chipster, my wife and i made a trip down last year for the race (after going to  the nra convention in the morning/afternoon.  you are in for a great time.  although i will agree the sport is too commercial anymore.  i do miss the days when they still ran at north wilkesboro and weren't trying to develope the sport outside the south.  sloth
Link Posted: 5/16/2001 9:53:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Wish I was going
Link Posted: 5/17/2001 1:32:32 AM EDT
[#6]
Hay we got a lot race fans here.  NOT.
I love the races.
Wish i could go.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top