Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/5/2001 5:50:20 PM EDT
I just got a Crockpot and I'm ready to try new recipes!  Give me your favourites please!
Link Posted: 2/5/2001 6:27:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Ar15.com is not what it used to be....
Link Posted: 2/5/2001 6:34:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Works for chicken or pork chops

1 can mushroom soup
1/4 to 1/2 cup white wine
dried mint (to taste)
red  pepper ( to taste)

Place in crockpot on low when you leave for work. Meat will just fall off the bone when done. Juice goes good on rice or mashed taters.

Nocompromise:  We all gotta be domestic sometimes man. [:D]
Link Posted: 2/5/2001 6:49:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Well first you add a touch of salt with a cup of flour, mix.... Ooohhh Shi#t wrong forum!!!![beer]
Link Posted: 2/5/2001 7:16:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Works great for wild rice, the real stuff from Minnesota.  It's the only way I know of to cook it and get it right.
Link Posted: 2/5/2001 9:28:08 PM EDT
[#5]
This is a GREAT recipe that is easy as can be.  Get a Boston butt pork roast, sear it all over in a skillet with just a little oil, put it in the pot, cover with a jar or two, depending on the size of the roast, of CLAUSSEN saurkraut, juice and all (it's in the refrigerated section of the store and it's more expensive than canned, but well worth it), cook on low for 3-5 hrs depending on size.  Totally tender - totally kick ass!!!

Tate
Link Posted: 2/6/2001 10:23:59 AM EDT
[#6]
I just love to cook in a crockpot..........
Link Posted: 2/6/2001 10:32:35 AM EDT
[#7]
Put a beef or venison roast into your crockpot and sprinkle a package of Good Seasons salad dressing mix over it.  No liquid.  Cook on low overnight.  When the meat is falling apart, shred it with a fork.  There shouldn't be a lot of liquid in the pot.  If there is, turn the heat up and cook with the lid off until the meat is moist but not sitting in broth.  Makes tremendous sandwiches w/ fried peppers and onions on hard rolls.
Link Posted: 2/6/2001 10:42:56 AM EDT
[#8]
Crockpots rule for chili!!!
1lb beef
lg can kidney beans
lg onion
lg clove garlic
s&p
can of beer
T Chili powder
T Cumin
green pepper /any other desired chili ingredients
turn on low
go to work
come home from work -OH YEAH!!

Go the easy route...  http://www.crockpot.com/recipes.html

Nuckles.
Link Posted: 2/6/2001 11:00:59 AM EDT
[#9]
The Dish I love the best using a crock pot is....

Cow Tongue, and Beef Heart!

MMMMMMMMM.....  Good !

My local meat market actually sells turkey and chicken nuts....  I tried frying up a
batch in a frying pan... Seasoned and cooked in butter... Not as good as snail... But
defiantly worth a try!

One nice thing about a crock pot is you can cook the toughest meat and make it fall off the bone....  :)
Link Posted: 2/6/2001 11:16:00 AM EDT
[#10]
I want a Crockpot.  I've yet to hear anything but good eating coming from them.
Link Posted: 2/6/2001 12:27:59 PM EDT
[#11]
What's a crockpot?
Link Posted: 2/6/2001 2:24:39 PM EDT
[#12]
Ar15.com is not what it used to be....
View Quote

LMAO!
Link Posted: 2/6/2001 2:30:04 PM EDT
[#13]
Somewhere, Someplace there's a Government Computer Dweeb going nuts trying to figure out WTF code yer usin' and what ya'll are up to.  

[}:D]

Link Posted: 2/6/2001 2:45:25 PM EDT
[#14]
Go buy some beef spare ribs (they are real cheap) put in some wine or beer onion, garlic and anything else you like. When done the beef will fall off the bones A real cheap meal
Link Posted: 2/6/2001 3:59:51 PM EDT
[#15]
i will try to get the wife to part with her bourbon pot roast and corned beef and cabbage receipes keep checking back might take awhile.
Link Posted: 2/6/2001 4:08:28 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 2/6/2001 5:06:18 PM EDT
[#17]
This is a GREAT recipe that is easy as can be.  Get a Boston butt pork roast, sear it all over in a skillet with just a little oil, put it in the pot, cover with a jar or two, depending on the size of the roast, of CLAUSSEN saurkraut, juice and all (it's in the refrigerated section of the store and it's more expensive than canned, but well worth it), cook on low for 3-5 hrs depending on size.  Totally tender - totally kick ass!!!

Tate
View Quote

Have done this one many times. Excellent with Honey Mustard!
Link Posted: 2/6/2001 5:21:57 PM EDT
[#18]
Appetizers:
Take Bryan cocktail smokies and wrap each one with a piece of bacon & spear with a toothpick. Then sprinkle with Brown sugar and cook in crock pot 3 hours.
Yummmm.

Chili:
Brown 2 1/2 lb. hamburger w/ 3 large ONIONS cut up in it, drain fat.
Put in crock pot with:
LARGE can Hunt's tomatoes
2 cans DARK red kidney beans
1 can Hunt's tomato paste
2 packets French's Chili-O
1 can Old Elpaso JALAPENO relish
Lots of Salt & Pepper

Cook on low  2 1/2 - 3 hours.

Have been making this for years, recently won Chili cook-off at local church!
Don't think about using anything but DARK RED Kidney beans, Light red beans do not taste the same. This recipie is not really that hot, had 70 year old women coming back for seconds.

Cheese Dip:
Melt 2lb. Velveeta in Microwave
Add 2 cans Rotel tomatoes & green chilies
Brown 1 lb. hamburger & 1 lb. mild sausage, drain fat, add
Put in crock pot on low, maybe an hour.
EXCELLENT on tortilla chips, serve w/ refried beans.

Makes for some mean farts, but well worth it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top