1. FPNI
2. Being ahead of the news cycle

It is why I keep surfing the forum.

Condolences to the OP
Link Posted: 11/5/2019 11:25:41 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Can't help but wonder if we end up snatching Obrador like Noriega before this is all said & done.  He is 1) clearly on the payroll of at least one cartel faction, 2) actively hostile to US interests

In short, there is no reason for us to tolerate a weak nation like Mexico on our border putting the likes of him in charge.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
The US military will be fighting the Cartels in Mexico within 24 months, just to keep it on that side of the border. That is my prediction and I hope I'm wrong.
At least one US Cavalry Regiment has been put on notice to prepare for just that.
Can't help but wonder if we end up snatching Obrador like Noriega before this is all said & done.  He is 1) clearly on the payroll of at least one cartel faction, 2) actively hostile to US interests

In short, there is no reason for us to tolerate a weak nation like Mexico on our border putting the likes of him in charge.
Snatch the Mexican president - yeah, THAT would help the overall situation.  
Link Posted: 11/5/2019 11:28:36 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Wow, the story gets worse. Prayers for those families.

https://i.imgur.com/zEUjAgr.png
View Quote
I hope Trump takes them out. Declare them a terrorist org and put the bombers in the air. If Mexico wont do it then we should.
Link Posted: 11/5/2019 11:29:39 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
This was a hit. This was a hit to trigger chaos. Watch the waterfall of events and talking points that come from this. In fact, my tin foil is already wrapped tight with the PV Epstein vid today so I'll go ahead and say that Mitt Romeny played a hand in this. With Mormons being involved, border politics, and his dislike for Trump and subservience to the DNC communists my money is on him being involved to a varying degree here.
View Quote
Link Posted: 11/5/2019 11:30:01 AM EDT
[#5]
Were I president,  there would be a National address on every television station. The videos of this would be shown to everyone. A map would be shown where this took place.
" Your representatives are against protecting you from this".
Followed by an announcement that an expeditionary force was on it's way to retrieve our citizens, and any force that did not want to die should not interfere.
Link Posted: 11/5/2019 11:30:02 AM EDT
[#6]
The best possible outcome to this is to lock our border down with military. Dropping JDAM's or cruise missiles on them is only going to kick things up significantly in this country, much like the middle east we'd kill the leaders and a create a power vacuum and they'd soon be replaced with someone else. The videos of cars shot up in Mexico would be common daily things in this country.
Link Posted: 11/5/2019 11:34:28 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Translation2: Mexico is culturally so worried about looking like the US’ bitch that they won’t accept help even if it’s offered freely, even if they know they’re in over their heads.
View Quote
It's this.  Inviting the Gringos into Mexican affairs?  You're dead, politically.
Link Posted: 11/5/2019 11:37:14 AM EDT
[#8]
https://m.facebook.com/DonaldTrump/posts/10163436096680725?d=m

Trump says time to send in the US military
Link Posted: 11/5/2019 11:38:24 AM EDT
[#9]
Local news carried this story, I was shocked!  This site is about 2 days ahead of the media, must take a few days to get the story to line up with their views.
Link Posted: 11/5/2019 11:42:46 AM EDT
[#10]
OP - I'm sorry for your friend's loss. This is truly sickening.

This story all over local Cleveland, OH talk radio today (not just nationally syndicated news but local shows as well).  This story has gotten the attention of the nation.  With the attention from POTUS and the media I hope that something positive is done as a result.  It will no doubt be too little, and too late for your friends family but at this point there is going to need to be an accounting of some sort.
Link Posted: 11/5/2019 11:44:12 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
The best possible outcome to this is to lock our border down with military.
View Quote
….and put the US military into close physical contact with the dudes who can literally wave a brick of $100 bills at NCOs and JOs.  That's not a great solution.
Link Posted: 11/5/2019 11:44:31 AM EDT
[#12]
Considering the slanted media I'm surprised the attention this is getting already. Even a Tuscon site has it up.
Link Posted: 11/5/2019 11:47:38 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
….and put the US military into close physical contact with the dudes who can literally wave a brick of $100 bills at NCOs and JOs.  That's not a great solution.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The best possible outcome to this is to lock our border down with military.
And you're immune to that same thing?
Link Posted: 11/5/2019 11:47:38 AM EDT
[#14]
Probably a hell of a lot cheaper for our "go fast" guys to get live fire training in northern Mexico than shipping them all the way to the middle east.

My honest thoughts are that legalization of drugs is the only way to end the cartels.  That much money can corrupt almost anyone it comes into contact with.  Politician, military, businessman, et al.
Link Posted: 11/5/2019 11:48:26 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
There are thousands of current and former cartel members here in CONUS, and tens of thousands more of relatives of cartel members. Do you really think the US military can wipe out a cartel element in Mexico without our civilian population paying the price in blowback here in CONUS?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
There are thousands of current and former cartel members here in CONUS, and tens of thousands more of relatives of cartel members. Do you really think the US military can wipe out a cartel element in Mexico without our civilian population paying the price in blowback here in CONUS?
Do you think we're not already paying the price?  FFS, even buying avocados is giving money to the cartels.

Quoted:
looking at an unwinnable war.
Yeah, may as well just give up and vote for Hillary.  Right?
Link Posted: 11/5/2019 11:49:28 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote
Your tinfoil is prescient, valid and prognosticative.
Link Posted: 11/5/2019 11:49:31 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
JSOC can handle the cartel pretty easy if they got the green light
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
That situation sounds like a shit sandwich. Guessing the authorities ain't doing much?
The Mexican authorities tend to either be beholden to the cartels or terrified of the cartels.

Very little law enforcement activities take place when the Mexican cops are afraid of finding their families tortured or killed in ways that would make a Saw movie seem humanitarian.
I know, maybe the military might be more reliable. Hell if the farmers have money they could hire mercs. They would be better off most likely.
Hiring a private army is not cheap.

There is no easy answer to the cartel situation. The cartels have tacit approval from most Mexican authorities, are extremely well armed, have absolutely no restraint in terms of rules of engagement, and have a near limitless supply of labor.

Fighting back against the cartels is the stuff action movies are made of, and the cartels recover from any loses so quickly that the juice isn't worth the squeeze.
I know, eventually if the Mexican government wont to the job, the US military will.
A large scale US military deployment in Mexico would make the Vietnam War seem like a pleasant memory.

The cartels are estimated to have around half a million people in their direct employment. We have around 2 million armed forces, including reservists, and just under one million sworn law enforcement officers. Even if we pulled every military service member back from overseas, activated every eligible reservist, you're still looking at an unwinnable war. Our border is porous, we have an unknown number of enemy combatants already spread out inside our nation, and while we may honor civilized rules of engagement, the enemy does not. It would be impossible to maintain offensive operations while simultaneously protecting the families of law enforcement and military personnel.
Not saying it would be a good move. We may have to act if it gets bad enough is all.
But it won't.

The cartels are not stupid. Americans will tolerate all levels of barbarism, so long as it remains south of the border. The cartels know this, they also know they have us by the short and curly hairs. So long as they keep the worst of the violence on their side of the border, Americans will continue not to care, and the cartels will continue to grow in size and power. Even though they can cause extreme damage to us if we chose to fight them directly, it would be bad for business and would not serve their interests to bring on such a fight.

Eventually the cartels will converge into a more cohesive and unified front. When that happens, all bets are off.
JSOC can handle the cartel pretty easy if they got the green light
I think that's an oversimplification of the scope of the problem.
Link Posted: 11/5/2019 11:50:18 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote
I'm sure that would happen but with enough oversight and rotations it should minimize it.
Link Posted: 11/5/2019 11:50:49 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

And you're immune to that same thing?
View Quote
Not at all.  My point was that "garrison the border" is a solution that generates as many problems as it would address....and would have knock-on effects that don't involve the Border.
Link Posted: 11/5/2019 11:51:49 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 11/5/2019 11:52:02 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
This was a hit. This was a hit to trigger chaos. Watch the waterfall of events and talking points that come from this. In fact, my tin foil is already wrapped tight with the PV Epstein vid today so I'll go ahead and say that Mitt Romeny played a hand in this. With Mormons being involved, border politics, and his dislike for Trump and subservience to the DNC communists my money is on him being involved to a varying degree here.
View Quote
so romney is sacrificing a bunch of his own people? he's a piece of shit, but not that big of a one.
Link Posted: 11/5/2019 11:52:15 AM EDT
[#22]
Last time Mexico got our help was Øbama and Fast and Furious.  That was a smashing success.
Link Posted: 11/5/2019 11:52:49 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

so romney is sacrificing a bunch of his own people? he's a piece of shit, but not that big of a one.
View Quote
Dude dragged a dog to his bloody death.
Link Posted: 11/5/2019 11:52:59 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Wikipedia says these people are a violent cult - any truth to this?  I'm guessing this is just a smear campaign against religious people they don't like

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Wikipedia says these people are a violent cult - any truth to this?  I'm guessing this is just a smear campaign against religious people they don't like

A dispute over water between the LeBaron "family" and neighboring peasants belonging to El Barzon broke out in violence when members of the family shot at a group of 500 peasants who wanted to destroy illegal wells on the ranch.[38] In May 2018 El Barzon accused the LeBaron family and other large agribusinesses of violating a 1957 agreement by drilling 395 illegal wells in Namiquipa, Riva Palacio, Buenaventura, and Ahumada municipalities. They are also accused of using false documents to back their claims.
"Peasants?"  

Reads like propaganda, though water rights is a tense topic everywhere.  Highly likely there's a grain of truth to the claim.  Sounds like they drive off a rioting mob that wanted to steal their shit under a minor pretense, if you ask me.  Probably a mob on cartel payroll, seeing as cartels have been pulling agricultural interests into their portfolio.
Link Posted: 11/5/2019 11:53:57 AM EDT
[#25]
Some good news-

All of the injured kids were transported to Tucson, there was concern they would be sent to a Mexican hospital, fortunately that didn’t happen.

It looks like the death toll is 7 kids and 3 adults.  The wounded kids will be ok, whatever that means.

Donald Trump is communicating directly with the family.
Link Posted: 11/5/2019 11:54:08 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Anyone with a the most basic understanding of Syria knows why.

ISIS controlled the oil wells and used the revenue to fund genocide.

Who ever controls those oil wells gets the revenue.

Do you want Jihadi's to get the money and start this cycle all over again?

https://i.imgur.com/IorG4Gu.png
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Right now, we have American forces patrolling Syrian oil fields. The vast majority of Americans are wondering why they are there.
Anyone with a the most basic understanding of Syria knows why.

ISIS controlled the oil wells and used the revenue to fund genocide.

Who ever controls those oil wells gets the revenue.

Do you want Jihadi's to get the money and start this cycle all over again?

https://i.imgur.com/IorG4Gu.png
Most Americans don't have a 'basic understanding' of why though and ISIS while still a terrorist threat is no longer the de-facto state it was in 2014. Also, the popularity of continuous conflicts in the Middle East continues to wane in the US. Getting involved in Mexican affairs directly would have more of an effect on American security, but as stated before, it's a non-starter. Mexican Machismo makes it impossible for them to accept any overt help from the Gringo regardless of how bad the dumpster fire continues to grow. They also want to make sure they don't allow Trump any kind of symbolic victories too.
Link Posted: 11/5/2019 11:55:00 AM EDT
[#27]
NOTHING will change until our politicians children are the one killed and burned. The slimy bastards are making money off the cartels. No doubt.
Link Posted: 11/5/2019 11:55:47 AM EDT
[#28]
An all out war would be foolish and probably unwinnable.

However a targeted strike and rescue team to try and save RIGHT NOW any other Americans that were kidnapped and potentially alive NEEDS TO HAPPEN.  If Mexico doesn't want our help so be it, but we should be taking care of our own regardless of what they say. Send them in NOW. Save our people and burn alive anyone responsible.
Link Posted: 11/5/2019 11:56:14 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Probably a hell of a lot cheaper for our "go fast" guys to get live fire training in northern Mexico than shipping them all the way to the middle east.

My honest thoughts are that legalization of drugs is the only way to end the cartels.  That much money can corrupt almost anyone it comes into contact with.  Politician, military, businessman, et al.
View Quote
The crazy thing is, that cartels will seek to control ANYTHING that makes money.

Want to hear a weird one? Avocados

Yep, they manipulate and control lots of people, land, and production...of freakin avocados because of the big boom in popularity and all the money being made from them
Link Posted: 11/5/2019 11:56:45 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Sure they will...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
"President Andrs Manuel Lpez Obrador thanked Trump for the offer of assistance, but said Mexico would act with "independence and sovereignty" in pursuing the criminals behind the attack."
Sure they will...
In the past, these types of attacks against US citizens have usually resulted in the arrests of the "responsible" party. My guess is, someone that was responsible will either give themselves up or be arrested, just like last time.

Though, things could change considering AMLO doesn't want any further bloodshed.
Link Posted: 11/5/2019 11:57:28 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Some good news-

All of the injured kids were transported to Tucson, there was concern they would be sent to a Mexican hospital, fortunately that didn’t happen.

It looks like the death toll is 7 kids and 3 adults.  The wounded kids will be ok, whatever that means.

View Quote
Good to hear they were evacuated to US. Trump giving this attention is a good thing.
Link Posted: 11/5/2019 11:57:33 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
The US military will be fighting the Cartels in Mexico within 24 months, just to keep it on that side of the border. That is my prediction and I hope I'm wrong.
At least one US Cavalry Regiment has been put on notice to prepare for just that.

Is his administration helping the overall situation, or actively working to oppose ours?

We've toppled governments for far less in the past.
Link Posted: 11/5/2019 11:58:43 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
This is the same family whose patriarch was beaten to death in front of them by cartels 10 years ago.  Silly to think this was "random".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Benjamin_LeBaron

Benjamín "Benji" Franklin LeBaron Ray (October 4, 1976 – July 7, 2009) was an anti-crime activist and community leader in a Colonia LeBaron community, Galeana, Chihuahua, Mexico, who had founded the advocacy group SOS Chihuahua (Sociedad Organizada Segura or Secure Organized Society). LeBaron, 32 and a citizen of both Mexico and the United States, was murdered along with his brother-in-law Luis Carlos "Wiso" Widmar Stubbs, 29, on 7 July 2009, by a group of assailants.

After LeBaron's death, the movement has operated without a single figurehead. Mexico has strict gun control laws but began to train and supervise armed citizen's patrols among the Chihuahua religious enclaves. This would be an extension of an existing program that trains members of remote Mexican indigenous tribes to man such patrols. SOS Chihuahua's media contact, Karyn Longhurst of Nuevo Casas Grandes, Chihuahua, said the group desires rapid response to kidnappings (presently the police must await a police report's being filed), the forfeiture of the assets of convicted kidnappers, mechanisms for reparations to victims, tightening of judicial and sentencing loopholes used by those suspected or convicted of kidnapping, increased prosecutions and punishments for those aiding and abetting kidnapping, including through official corruption

Benjamin was killed on July 7, 2009 by a local drug cartel. Benjamin was captured and beaten by the cartel, which included 10 men, all armed, in front of his family. They terrorized the wife and children and took him outside. When one of his brothers-in-law, Luis Widmar, heard the commotion, he ran to help Benjamin. They were both taken by the cartel and were later found beaten and shot to death outside of town.
View Quote
The family in this attack was traveling a few miles south of where another armed group went into the bordertown and shot it up. The family were traveling in a convoy of 3 SUVs, there really is a big possibility this was an accident.
Link Posted: 11/5/2019 11:59:19 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Some good news-

View Quote
That is good news that they’re in AZ. They have a fighting chance of recovery there.

SCW, sorry for your loss.
Link Posted: 11/5/2019 12:01:42 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

The family in this attack was traveling a few miles south of where another armed group went into the bordertown and shot it up. The family were traveling in a convoy of 3 SUVs, there really is a big possibility this was an accident.
View Quote
Not an accident.  
The ambush was going to kill whomever drove into it, it just happened to be two car-loads of women and kids.

Also, it appears they had all of them get out of the car before they were shot to death.  Some reports the women were raped first, but I don't know if that's been substantiated.
Link Posted: 11/5/2019 12:01:49 PM EDT
[#36]
Don't know if this was posted already:

14 in the group, 9 dead (3 adult women, 6 children ages >1yr to 14), 5 still in hospital is the US.
Link Posted: 11/5/2019 12:02:39 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Some good news-

All of the injured kids were transported to Tucson, there was concern they would be sent to a Mexican hospital, fortunately that didn't happen.

View Quote
Thanks for the update @SCW - Going to send you an IM.
Link Posted: 11/5/2019 12:03:35 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

The crazy thing is, that cartels will seek to control ANYTHING that makes money.

Want to hear a weird one? Avocados

Yep, they manipulate and control lots of people, land, and production...of freakin avocados because of the big boom in popularity and all the money being made from them
View Quote
That just means we need to legalize avacados to dry up their revenue.

Wait...
Link Posted: 11/5/2019 12:05:27 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
A wise move would be for the US federal government to legalize marijuana and remove a chunk of cartel revenue.  Instead, I predict we will see a doubling-down on the War On Drugs, which will increase revenue to the cartels and provide increased opportunity for corruption in the US.  I'd love to be wrong though.
View Quote
Meh.... there is still cocaine, heroin, meth, and all kinds of other shit.

Fuck them up good and be done with it for a while.

I don't have personal knowledge, but it might be like fighting the mob.

Hard and fast to make sure they know we ain't digging it.
Link Posted: 11/5/2019 12:05:38 PM EDT
[#40]
The President is connected to the cartels and Trump is putting pressure on him by calling him out. The mexico President is forced to initiate a large response to the situation or appear to be the problem to the Mexico people. It just needs to look good and not hurt his stake holders (cartel).
Link Posted: 11/5/2019 12:06:32 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 11/5/2019 12:06:55 PM EDT
[#42]
Story just came up on OAN / national news.  "Pres. Trump on American family killed in Mexico: U.S. stands ready to 'wage war'"
Link Posted: 11/5/2019 12:07:08 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

A dispute over water between the LeBaron "family" and neighboring peasants belonging to El Barzon broke out in violence when members of the family shot at a group of 500 peasants who wanted to destroy illegal wells on the ranch.[38] In May 2018 El Barzon accused the LeBaron family and other large agribusinesses of violating a 1957 agreement by drilling 395 illegal wells in Namiquipa, Riva Palacio, Buenaventura, and Ahumada municipalities. They are also accused of using false documents to back their claims.
Possible avocado inspired hit?  Family wouldnt fall in line with the cartels new business venture?
Link Posted: 11/5/2019 12:09:40 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 11/5/2019 12:10:09 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Not at all.  My point was that "garrison the border" is a solution that generates as many problems as it would address....and would have knock-on effects that don't involve the Border.
View Quote
It's hard to bribe landmines.
Link Posted: 11/5/2019 12:11:47 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

I don’t doubt that, I’m sure theres a few but not thousands and I’m sure they keep that a secret, this isn’t mexico and cartel members aren’t wanted here and they know that.
View Quote
lol, they're busted here daily. They're LEO, school board members, bankers, politicians, businessmen. Some are very well connected.

Some appear legit until you do a little research. I don't want to go into it here, but the trail goes all the way to Washington for some.
Link Posted: 11/5/2019 12:12:28 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

We will see, I guess, how good he is at pulling off the appearance of action without any substance.
View Quote
he'll probably drop leaflets warning the cartel to leave the areas before the bombing commences.
Link Posted: 11/5/2019 12:13:17 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Right now, we have American forces patrolling Syrian oil fields. The vast majority of Americans are wondering why they are there. One could argue, a limited American SF presence in N. Mexico hunting drug cartel HVIs would have vastly more felt significance in the US and Mexico, aid in stemming the illegal immigrant flow, and would look great for the administration.

But Mexican corruption and pride makes operations there already a non-starter.
View Quote
This post nails it best.
Link Posted: 11/5/2019 12:14:47 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
An all out war would be foolish and probably unwinnable.

However a targeted strike and rescue team to try and save RIGHT NOW any other Americans that were kidnapped and potentially alive NEEDS TO HAPPEN.  If Mexico doesn't want our help so be it, but we should be taking care of our own regardless of what they say. Send them in NOW. Save our people and burn alive anyone responsible.
View Quote
We've stomped the area south of the border into the dirt several times already, pushing allaway to Mexico City, even; it actually works wonderfully to put a damper on northern Mexican insanity like this.  It doesn't "solve" anything (since "it's the people, stupid" and we don't do genocide) but it does tamp the problem down to a level that it won't spill over the US border for several generations.  That's about as good as it gets for foreign policy.
Link Posted: 11/5/2019 12:16:00 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Send those videos to that fucking traitor Romney. Show him what his policies will bring to the US
View Quote
Romney has a bunch of family in those northern Mormon communities.  I am sure he is aware.
Page / 31
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top