BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 5
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 8:10:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

It blows me away that a non-emergency vehicle is authorized to obstruct vehicle traffic on major arterial roads for the complete non-emergency purpose of off loading passengers at a pre-planned stop.
View Quote
Attachment Attached File

See the license plate?
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 8:12:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

It blows me away that a non-emergency vehicle is authorized to obstruct vehicle traffic on major arterial roads for the complete non-emergency purpose of off loading passengers at a pre-planned stop.

If the children being offloaded are so young that there is a reasonable possibility they will inexplicably leave the sidewalk and charge into traffic they have no business departing a school bus on their own, absent direct adult supervision in the first place.

It is not the job of society at large to protect your unsupervised children from motor vehicle hazards, it is your job to supervise your children properly, or the job of the school district adult in charge of them.

This is an unpopular opinion in nanny state America, but I stand by it.

I also think camera enforced traffic infractions are bullshit and traffic infractions not witnessed by a police officer should be considered dead in the water. In my state there are a ton of actual misdemeanor crimes I cannot make a custodial arrest for if they occur outside my presence, yet it's okay to install a camera at a red light and issue civil infraction tickets after the fact by follow up investigation? Bullshit.
View Quote
I hate trains too, and those fugkers don't even unload kids, just chicom freight.
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 8:19:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

If the children being offloaded are so young that there is a reasonable possibility they will inexplicably leave the sidewalk and charge into traffic they have no business departing a school bus on their own, absent direct adult supervision in the first place.

It is not the job of society at large to protect your unsupervised children from motor vehicle hazards, it is your job to supervise your children properly, or the job of the school district adult in charge of them.

I also think camera enforced traffic infractions are bullshit and traffic infractions not witnessed by a police officer should be considered dead in the water. In my state there are a ton of actual misdemeanor crimes I cannot make a custodial arrest for if they occur outside my presence, yet it's okay to install a camera at a red light and issue civil infraction tickets after the fact by follow up investigation? Bullshit.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It blows me away that people still pass stopped school buses.

This.
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 8:20:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 8:25:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Is it a crime, or a ticket (civil infrction)?

In MI, if it doesn't happen in the presence of the cop you only get to scold the guy.
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 8:32:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Funny thing, they used to teach kids to look before crossing the street.  You know, where cars belong and people don't.

We complain about sissy kids and liberal indocrination, then we treat them exactly they way we complain about and hope that people get penalties for not following big government laws.
View Quote
One of the most peculiar hills to die on.....
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 8:35:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 8:38:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
They just selected the jury of the girl who ran 4 kids over almost a year ago.

LINK
View Quote
Of course they were suddenly able to move the bus stop off the major road after 4 kids get killed and multiple lives are ruined.
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 8:45:11 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
How about you don't run red lights, blow through stop signs, or pass a flashing red school bus and there won't be issues.

Jesus Christ I can't believe I have to defend NOT PASSING a school bus picking up/dropping off little kids. What the fuck is wrong with you?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Agreed. Part of me thinks it should be jail time if you pass a flashing red school bus. Or treat them like a DUI or something: huge fines; increased insurance; and special plates to let everyone know you're okay with potentially running over a kid to save a few minutes.

If you’re really that concerned for your kid you wouldn’t let them ride to school in a giant aluminum tube that has to get exemptions to pass crash safety tests, doesn’t require seatbelts, and is driven by someone making $9 an hour.

You’d drive them to school yourself.
How about you don't run red lights, blow through stop signs, or pass a flashing red school bus and there won't be issues.

Jesus Christ I can't believe I have to defend NOT PASSING a school bus picking up/dropping off little kids. What the fuck is wrong with you?
Exactly.  GD never disappoints.  Fucking idiots show up everywhere.

In CT, it's $450 plus court fees.  Also four points on your license from DMV.  And insurance companies go insane on your rates.  When I first started out in infractions court, I was merciless to people who did this if I had sufficient evidence to convict them.
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 8:51:32 PM EDT
[#10]
That is something worth smacking someone with a big ticket for.  Our county has the cameras on the buses too, and I'm all good with it.
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 8:58:29 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Divided highway with an actual median and the bus is on the other side? = Keep rolling

Divided highway with a suicide lane and the bus is on the other side? = Stop

Any other situation = Stop

Also, the cameras are a civil matter and not moving violations.

IANAL, YMMV
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
GA recently change the danged law to where no one knows when/where to stop.  It's like trying to get the ATF to interpret a ruling.  Asinine.

That said a friend got popped for $225 by them and yes they were quite well.
Divided highway with an actual median and the bus is on the other side? = Keep rolling

Divided highway with a suicide lane and the bus is on the other side? = Stop

Any other situation = Stop

Also, the cameras are a civil matter and not moving violations.

IANAL, YMMV
You forgot the grass median.

Also the law you quote was after they had to clarify it.  Still very co fusing for some.
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 9:03:19 PM EDT
[#12]
some drivers are reasonable others well... I used to get stuck behind a sped bus... that put its sign out when it stopped at an intersection for like 5 minutes... for a kid in a wheelchair with an attendant... WTF
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 9:09:13 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote
preach my brother!!
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 9:10:41 PM EDT
[#14]
Smoke the driver with a new asshole. Any one that passes a bus with the lights on needs to be jailed.
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 9:13:48 PM EDT
[#15]
Its been a big problem in Beloit, WI on US51 heading north. 45 zone with houses all over. I came to a stop behind the bus in the left lane last year. Next thing you know 2 cars went flying around me and the bus at high speed, as in near 60 mph. Both looked like they were gonna clip the bus. Was a story about crap like this in the paper last year.. Around 30-40 reports of people not stopping on this road that year in the 1st 3 months of the school year. Bus company now has cameras.

Reports of this are down this year on this road since they fucked up the layout of the road. They resurfaced it totally this year and changed the layout. Was a 4 lane road. Now its single lane each direction with a left only turn lane in the center. Also made the shoulders HUGE. Their reasoning is for safety of people trying to turn left. Actually they made it more dangerous. 30-35yrs ago it was set up like this. Lots of crashes. Changed it to 4 lanes and things mellowed. Didn't have to follow some idiot going 10 under for a couple miles.
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 9:39:34 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Had a kid I went to middle school with killed by a school bus passer.

Also have a 7 year old getting on and off the bus daily.
Good citation.

If someone blew the school bus stop arm at my daughters stop, I’d have a hard time not hopping in my car, running them down, and beating them to death.
View Quote
I am truly sorry for your loss.

Middle school age is what, 11 – 15 depending on location?

When did we stop teaching children to look both ways before crossing?
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 9:42:56 PM EDT
[#17]
Tyranny

Don’t forget to get his tail light too
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 9:44:33 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Well if he has a twin brother, he can prove it in court.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
How can you be sure you ticket the correct driver?
Well if he has a twin brother, he can prove it in court.
So he is guilty until proven innocent? How clear is the picture of the driver?
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 9:45:45 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

If someone blew the school bus stop arm at my daughters stop, I'd have a hard time not hopping in my car, running them down, and beating them to death.
View Quote
You should not own firearms.
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 9:46:04 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

When did we stop teaching children to look both ways before crossing?
View Quote
Seriously, dude?
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 9:48:01 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

-So any public busing transportation? Doesn't have to be a school bus.

-Some kids have to cross the street when getting on and off the bus. It's not about 'inexplicably leaving the sidewalk,' it's about crossing the street and and not being struck by two tons of car in the process.
View Quote
For your first point, public transportation in general is a massive money hole that would completely go away if it were required to pay for operating costs via fares. If it were efficient and profitable, private local bus services would exist. They do not, that is called a clue.

I also believe it is bullshit that tax subsidized homeless person transport crawlers AKA city buses jam up the roadway, have dedicated lanes, and constantly fucking stop and hold up traffic to load/unload and merge like idiots cutting off other drivers. It's a completely inefficient commie transport system that takes twice as long to get somewhere as driving a car and it only exists to convenience poor people, the indigent, and transportation hipsters who think they are saving the environment.

As to your second point, if children are old enough to safely ambulate from their house to a school bus stop they can be expected to cross the fucking street safely one last time without a giant flashing stop sign being deployed, since they crossed a bunch of streets to get there in the first place.

If they are too young to safely navigate being a pedestrian they need to be supervised by a fucking adult until they are ON THE DAMN BUS, not allowed to loiter unsupervised at a bus stop area and dart across the street when the magical flashing stop sign is deployed.

But we could take care of all school bus related concerns by getting rid of public service school buses entirely along with the rest of the inefficient tax funded communist public transport crawlers and making people drive and/or walk their children to school... a novel concept, indeed.
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 9:51:52 PM EDT
[#22]
Police cars, ambulances, fire engines, and public works trucks have exempt plates too, but they need an actual reason to stop traffic and inconvenience the motoring public other than scheduled, pre-planned passenger loading/unloading
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 9:55:52 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Good!  School zones and buses should be zero tolerance.......Along with running red lights.
View Quote
School zones shouldn't even be a thing.  Kids exist across society.  If they can't look both ways to cross at the school, then we need all speed limits everywhere to be 25 mph, or we need to ban cars.  School zones are retarded.
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 9:55:54 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Good citation.

If someone blew the school bus stop arm at my daughters stop, I’d have a hard time not hopping in my car, running them down, and beating them to death.
View Quote
Mentally unstable people like you are why red flag laws are becoming more popular.
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 9:56:28 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

For your first point, public transportation in general is a massive money hole that would completely go away if it were required to pay for operating costs via fares. If it were efficient and profitable, private local bus services would exist. They do not, that is called a clue.

I also believe it is bullshit that tax subsidized homeless person transport crawlers AKA city buses jam up the roadway, have dedicated lanes, and constantly fucking stop and hold up traffic to load/unload and merge like idiots cutting off other drivers. It's a completely inefficient commie transport system that takes twice as long to get somewhere as driving a car and it only exists to convenience poor people, the indigent, and transportation hipsters who think they are saving the environment.

As to your second point, if children are old enough to safely ambulate from their house to a school bus stop they can be expected to cross the fucking street safely one last time without a giant flashing stop sign being deployed, since they crossed a bunch of streets to get there in the first place.

If they are too young to safely navigate being a pedestrian they need to be supervised by a fucking adult until they are ON THE DAMN BUS, not allowed to loiter unsupervised at a bus stop area and dart across the street when the magical flashing stop sign is deployed.

But we could take care of all school bus related concerns by getting rid of public service school buses entirely along with the rest of the inefficient tax funded communist public transport crawlers and making people drive and/or walk their children to school... a novel concept, indeed.
View Quote
Get some help.
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 9:57:45 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 9:58:58 PM EDT
[#27]
In PA the officer would be in trouble, not for passing the bus, but for not coming to a complete stop before passing the bus.

Essentially the only section of Title 75 officers must obey, even when running code, they must come to a complete stop before proceeding to pass a school bus displaying stop sign & red lights.
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 9:59:31 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Get some help.
View Quote
How exactly is my position on public transportation any more unreasonable than people objecting to their property/income tax funding various other wealth redistribution projects they do not fucking use, like welfare, subsidized housing, subsidized medical care, public schools their children do not attend, earned income tax refunds, farm subsidies, or any other of the thousands of "public service" programs that are really just burn pits for tax money?
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 10:01:03 PM EDT
[#29]
Y’all enforce seat belt laws on the school bus?
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 10:01:20 PM EDT
[#30]
When I was 7 or 8 had someone drive around a bus on out 2 lane street. He was going 100 plus. Killed one of my neighbor and friends sister.

It was a horrible thing to watch. This was before movies had desenistized blood and gore.

The picked her up in several pieces and put her into a basket. Horrible way for a 6 yo to die.

The guy ran. He was caught. Never heard what happened to him.

I hoped he chocked to death on a dick in prison.
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 10:02:28 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Fun trivia question for GD:

If someone has an identical twin will they have the same DNA and fingerprints?  No googling
View Quote
I’m going to say “no”.

The fingerprints are random mutations I think, developed when the tissue is initially formed.  They’re not programmed, I don’t think.

I doubt the DNA can ever be 100% identical.  Given that it’s constantly replicating and might be doing so at a slightly different rate in both bodies, I can’t imagine it would ever be identical
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 10:04:35 PM EDT
[#32]
We’re gonna need an AAR.
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 10:04:59 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
My wife is a teacher and occasionally drives a bus, due to personnel shortages in her district.  She absolutely loves driving a bus.  Not for the extra pay, but being able to spend time with the kids.

Our local sheriff department or the North Carolina Highway Patrol won't investigate someone running a school bus stop arm unless they witness it.

She complains all the time, and every time they give the same reason why they can't do it.
View Quote
That’s fucked. One day a kid is going to get hit and they could have saved him/her by acting regularly.
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 10:05:01 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
When I was 7 or 8 had someone drive around a bus on out 2 lane street. He was going 100 plus. Killed one of my neighbor and friends sister.

It was a horrible thing to watch. This was before movies had desenistized blood and gore.

The picked her up in several pieces and put her into a basket. Horrible way for a 6 yo to die.

The guy ran. He was caught. Never heard what happened to him.

I hoped he chocked to death on a dick in prison.
View Quote
Agree 100%.

However, someone doing 100+, or for that matter going so fast as to be unable to stop and kill a pedestrian in an area with unmarked crosswalks and sidewalks is going to commit vehicular homicide regardless of the presence of a yellow bus with a flashing LED stop sign.
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 10:05:44 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

If someone has an identical twin will they have the same DNA and fingerprints?  No googling
View Quote
DNA yes prints no.
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 10:06:58 PM EDT
[#36]
Nobody should pass a school bus with the sign out.

My issue is with bus drivers not knowing how to use their equipment and causing tickets.

Op looked at the video. I assume bus was stopped with yellow flashers then driver implementing red flashers/signs.  Not abrupt stop an immediate sign out. Some dumb bus drivers around here don’t understand why there are yellow traffic lights, or assume the world stops when they pop the their stop sign out.
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 10:08:06 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
School zones shouldn't even be a thing.  Kids exist across society.  If they can't look both ways to cross at the school, then we need all speed limits everywhere to be 25 mph, or we need to ban cars.  School zones are retarded.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Good!  School zones and buses should be zero tolerance.......Along with running red lights.

Fun fact, that used to be the national speed limit.
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 10:12:51 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Mentally unstable people like you are why red flag laws are becoming more popular.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good citation.

I don’t know about that, but it’s definitely why we have stand your hound laws.
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 10:17:03 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It blows me away that people still pass stopped school buses.

I think a law requiring traffic to stop for a school bus is a reasonable safety precaution.

I also think passing a school bus discharging kids is not necessarily dangerous, even if it's illegal.  I don't understand why people are outraged over a cop going past a school bus with caution.  It's no different than passing kids playing on the street.  Are the kids more likely to get run over when a bus is present than when it's not?
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 10:19:20 PM EDT
[#40]
How much was the camera system?...I know, if it saves....
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 10:20:04 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 10:22:13 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Good citation.

View Quote

Link Posted: 10/16/2019 10:22:18 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
My wife is a teacher and occasionally drives a bus, due to personnel shortages in her district.  She absolutely loves driving a bus.  Not for the extra pay, but being able to spend time with the kids.

Our local sheriff department or the North Carolina Highway Patrol won't investigate someone running a school bus stop arm unless they witness it.

She complains all the time, and every time they give the same reason why they can't do it.
View Quote
North Carolina used to let HS students drive the buses as well
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 10:26:48 PM EDT
[#44]
I’m so happy that i dont work on school bus’s anymore.

Seriously, it was fun all the way up till i got bored of it  a year and a half in. The next 7 years were mind numbing and soul sucking.

Pay was decent though, i was probably one of the highest paid school district mechanics in the country
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 10:49:35 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 10:54:23 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Waste of site resources
View Quote
Well, there are a few mouth breathers here who appear to be.
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 10:57:17 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good citation.

Your username is fitting.
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 11:01:48 PM EDT
[#48]
Eh, I normally don't applaud the jackbooted attention threads, but I'll give you this one.

Proceed with tazing him, bro.
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 11:06:06 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
I thought douchebaggy psa threads were 40xbs job? Did he take the day off ?
View Quote
You don't like the "I busted some kids necking on lover's lane" or "smoking the dubbies" brag threads? They actually give me a chuckle, maybe not in the way OP intended but they do make me laugh.
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 11:17:10 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View Quote
I say different prints and because of the different prints I’m also going to say different DNA.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top