Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 7
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 7:13:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
When Clevon Little asked "Where the white women at?". Pretty sure he wasn't referring to her.
View Quote
If he were, he'd have said,"where the white whale at?", and that would be an entirely different movie.
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 7:14:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Equality. Very progressive actually.
View Quote
they can't both be right.

you have to choose.
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 7:18:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Somebody desperately needs 250mcg's, fresh buds, tequila shots and a date night outside the basement!

Jeez, lighten up Francis. Take you panties off and relax. It's fucking satire and has been watched and enjoyed by tens of millions of people around the world.

I may have over-stepped ...seems like a third-grader using grammarly.

My apologies, please don't hit me with the ban-hammer.
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 7:19:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
If you really want to trigger whomever wrote that, send them a link to this thread.  
View Quote
Much scarring would ensue.  Probably ripping and tearing.
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 7:19:43 PM EDT
[#5]
It's a classic that can't be played on TV lol
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 7:20:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Are you kidding me?  First you say you naively watched Blazing Saddles for the first time and say that you're horrified; then make the proclamation that it wasn't right in 1974.  That tells me that you weren't around in 1974.  So how can you draw that conclusion?  I still think it's one of the all time funniest comedies ever made.  You've got to get over yourself and your wokeness.  I've got the DVD of the movie, I think I'll put in in the player tonight just to watch it and torque people like you...
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 7:23:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
https://medium.com/@bethanyhegener/blazing-saddles-and-its-horrors-4ab0ff00d1ba

A few days ago I naively made the decision to join in on watching Blazing Saddles directed by Mel Brooks. The only thing I knew about the movie prior to watching it was that it was rated number 5 among “the top funniest movies ever”. Shortly after the movie began I realized that this was not something I was going to enjoy, but it did give me plenty to say about this weeks media blog, so here we go.

Blazing Saddles is a classic western comedy that makes fun and jokes about literally almost everyone from members of the KKK, African Americans, Native Americans, Chinese, the Irish, women, the LGBTQ community, the Nazi party, Jews, and government officials. It wasn’t okay during 1974 and it definitely still isn’t okay now. My main question was “How can people even like this? How is this funny?” I do not know the answer to those questions still, but I do know that many people do in fact still LOVE the classic western comedy.

As you can clearly see through these quotes, this movie was scarring. Governor Lepetomane refers to Native Americans as “Little red devils”. One of the main women in this movie, Lil Van Schtupp (Madeline Kahn), is portrayed as stupid and talks with a lisp. In one scene she uses the classic “let me go slip into something more comfortable” quote that we talked about in class. Objectifying and sexualizing women are two key themes throughout this movie. The ways in which some races and women were talked about and treated throughout this film was appalling. At the end of the day I would give this a 0/10, do not recommend.
View Quote
It was SCARRING.
View Quote

I wonder if anyone told that idiot that a large chunk of that movie was written by Richard Pryor (a black comedian)?
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 7:25:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Mel Brooks was soured as day they could not make that movie in today's Hollywood.
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 7:25:42 PM EDT
[#9]
My favorite comment on the article:

"Just wait until [she] eviscerates Swift for his problematic proposal."
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 7:27:07 PM EDT
[#10]
lol
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 7:28:38 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
If he were, he'd have said,"where the white whale at?", and that would be an entirely different movie.
View Quote
Truth.

Link Posted: 10/16/2019 7:29:37 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 7:32:39 PM EDT
[#13]
I'll try this again without coc violations

The sheriff is near
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 7:33:13 PM EDT
[#14]
Was a funny movie till they bleeped out the good parts. Where de white wimmin?
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 7:49:00 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
The satire in Blazing Saddles is so obvious even the most PC/Snowflake person would get what Mel Brooks and Richard Prior are poking fun at, I would hope.

I guess people like the author of that review are so sensitive, nothing can be funny.

Can’t fix stupid
View Quote
I bet that is how they imagine the world really is, so it confirms their bias instead of making them laugh like the rest of us.
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 7:50:18 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 8:00:44 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
She is in college now. How does she know it wasn't OK when it was made, decades before she was born?

View Quote
They judge all of history as if their current understanding of "morality" was the only correct view and anything outside of that was "wrong then and wrong now."

Its this air of superiority allotted to them by the teachers and professors who've accomplished little more than self aggrandizing, to adjudicate all of human history through their twisted lense of whats right.
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 8:11:32 PM EDT
[#18]
BRAVO!! well done, internet points awarded!
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 8:11:37 PM EDT
[#19]
What a load of shit. She thinks it's as funny as anyone else does.
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 8:12:33 PM EDT
[#20]
what a pussy.
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 8:14:46 PM EDT
[#21]
Make a copy now because the Left will make it banned within a few years.
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 8:18:05 PM EDT
[#22]
It wasn’t okay during 1974
View Quote

This is where the author was wrong.
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 8:19:03 PM EDT
[#23]
The Number 6 Dance.  Holy shit that's funny.
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 8:22:43 PM EDT
[#24]
Another fucking snowflake who thinks anything which doesn't adhere to their philosophy is appalling.

As a kid I listened  to comics like Lenny Bruce, that little snowflake would have an annurisme hearing that level of commentary.
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 8:25:29 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Is it my imagination or does Hollywood almost not even bother making comedies anymore?
 I look at the movie listings for the theaters week after week and it seems like comedies are few and far between.

Nobody knows how to lighten up anymore.  And people think we are not headed for a civil war?
View Quote
Joker director Todd Phillips, who shot to fame directing classic R-rated comedies like Old School and The Hangover, says today's "woke culture" is no laughing matter when it comes to making funny movies for mainstream audiences.

In a recent interview with Vanity Fair, Phillips said he stopped making comedy movies because people are too easily offended these days.

“Go try to be funny nowadays with this woke culture,” Phillips said. “There were articles written about why comedies don’t work anymore—I’ll tell you why, because all the fucking funny guys are like, ‘Fuck this shit, because I don’t want to offend you.’”
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 8:29:22 PM EDT
[#26]
Reviewer needs to look in a mirror and figure out why he is so fucked up.  If you can't laugh at BLAzing Saddles, you are one sick person.
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 8:35:44 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
She is in college now. How does she know it wasn't OK when it was made, decades before she was born?

View Quote
She so woke she spent a semester abroad in Spain and basically had everything spoon fed to her.
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 8:51:09 PM EDT
[#28]
I saw Blazing Saddles in the theaters (admittedly, I was a couple years too young to buy a ticket so I paid to see something “G” rated and snuck in instead). The really cool thing about the 1970s is that people couple take a joke. There was some real shit going down in life (Vietnam War, forced school busing, D.B. Cooper, Watergate, Energy Crisis, Gasoline shortages, Jimmy Carter, Iranians taking hostages, etc.) but people had thicker skin. Blacks, Whites, Jews, Indians all laughed their collective asses off watching a Mel Brooks comedy.
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 8:57:35 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 9:04:01 PM EDT
[#30]
Blazing Saddles is epic. It was not racist, it made fun of everyone. It was damn funny, and as far as I am concerned it was one of the five best movies ever made. Any one that did not like Blazing Saddles is so up tight they need to get out in to real life and see what is going on.
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 9:11:01 PM EDT
[#31]
Young Ms Brittany isn't the intended audience of Mel Brooks' genius. She's the target of Mel Brooks' genius.
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 9:13:47 PM EDT
[#32]
There will be door-to-door confiscation of this movie.
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 9:14:05 PM EDT
[#33]
What the hell are these people drinking that makes them nuts? This is one of the best if not best movies ever made!
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 9:14:35 PM EDT
[#34]
I recommended it to a guy I work with who is a nice and really smart guy but also gay and very liberal.

He had the same recoiling type of response to  it as the author of the article did.  He understood it was a satire but he just couldnt get past the language.

I think he's a bit shocked that its one of  my favorite  movies lol .
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 9:15:58 PM EDT
[#35]
Oh, blow it out your ass, Bethany.
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 9:16:03 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
There was a time when America had a sense of humor.
View Quote
this

Blazing Saddles should be required viewing for all until we get it back
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 9:16:34 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Liberals have absolutely no sense of humor, and could suck the fun out of anything.
View Quote
it's half the reason they can't meme, the other half of the reasoning being that a good meme needs an ironic truth and they're only ironic.

"a good meme needs an ironic truth and they're only ironic."
damn, I actually manages to make good sig material, is there a donation thread for people in need of good signatures?
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 9:17:13 PM EDT
[#38]
Oh hi guys, what's going on in this thread?
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 9:17:46 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
The satire in Blazing Saddles is so obvious even the most PC/Snowflake person would get what Mel Brooks and Richard Prior are poking fun at, I would hope.

I guess people like the author of that review are so sensitive, nothing can be funny.

Can't fix stupid
View Quote
Normal people can see Brooks and Pryor are making fun of racists and racism. PC Snowflakes cant comprehend satire.

Qualifications?
Rape, arson, robbery and rape.
You said rape twice.
I like rape.
Hahaha sign here.
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 9:18:29 PM EDT
[#40]
I think we could us a History of the World part II right about now
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 9:18:42 PM EDT
[#41]
The whole goddamn premise of the movie is the differed ethnic groups band together to fight the bad guys.

The message is coming together to fight evil and racism.

Idiots
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 9:20:22 PM EDT
[#42]
He said the sheriff is near.
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 9:27:24 PM EDT
[#43]
Oh, for fuck's sake.

How can I find it funny? Because I'm not an "offended at fucking everything" pussy.

Christ, why doesn't this clown just suck some exhaust?
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 9:28:03 PM EDT
[#44]
Just bought a BluRay copy.  Watching it on broadcast TV is bullshit these days.
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 9:29:12 PM EDT
[#45]
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives"

"Ditto!"

One of the best films ever made.  Anyone that can't find something to laugh at in that film, is not someone I want to know.
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 9:29:27 PM EDT
[#46]
One of my former police commanders played a little kid in that movie. He's proud of being part of it for the time period and what it was.
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 9:29:45 PM EDT
[#47]
Oh and Dom Delouise's wife was hilarious in it also (Mrs Johnson the school marm in the town meeting).
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 9:31:04 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Oh and Dom Delouise's wife was hilarious in it also (Mrs Johnson the school marm in the town meeting).
View Quote
What?  We can't hear you!  Speak up!
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 9:36:05 PM EDT
[#49]
Piss on her I work for Mel Brooks
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 9:38:32 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Stupid cunt,the movie is a classic.

I hope she is never the victim of rape,murder,arson,or rape..........
View Quote
You said rape twice.
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top