Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 7
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 8:34:18 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Did you inform the officer that he has a bright future as a GD mod?
View Quote
Lol
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 8:37:02 AM EDT
[#2]
A proper pre/post trip inspection on your vehicle would have prevented this from happening to you OP.
It’s 100% up to you to keep your vehicle safe and compliant, not the police.
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 8:37:46 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 8:41:43 AM EDT
[#4]
I have been pulled over for that one several times.  It was always just an excuse to pull me over and check to make sure I wasn't drinking.  Always got a quick "be on you way and get that fixed, ok?"  Never gotten more than a verbal warning.

Did you go all "I know my rights" on them?
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 8:42:28 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

It's the principle, not the person.
View Quote
Then that guy can feel free to edgy and angsty about it. I will sleep peacefully regardless
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 8:43:30 AM EDT
[#6]
Shouldn’t have been out after dark, buddy. Nothing good happens after midnight 4:30pm.
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 8:45:58 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
So that your plate is visible during hours of darkness
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Never understood why those lights are even needed

Stupid ticket, guy sounds like an asshole
So that your plate is visible during hours of darkness
It has a reflective as fuck coating and you have headlights on it
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 8:48:30 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I'd write you a ticket.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Protected and served the shit out of you.

Man, getting paid by the government with stolen money to go harass people for dumb shit, and extorting them if they violated a law most people don't even know about sure sounds like a sweet gig.
I'd write you a ticket.
Better hope MO doesn’t pass a magazine ban.
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 8:53:12 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Classic fishing trip stop hoping to find something else, they do it around here all of the time..  The one they get me on all the time is "Can't Read Your License plate" which it normally has mud on it, because I live several miles back in the woods and travel at a minimum of 20 miles a day on gravel muddy roads.

Getting pissed won't get you anywhere, but it can end up costing you a night in jail for contempt if you are a big enough asshole.

After about the 4th or 5th time of spending the night in jail, figured it was easier just to make sure it is clean and if I have to go to court answer questions with yes Sir, yes Mame or no Sir no Mame

Haven't had to spend the night in the clink for a few years now.
View Quote
Would hooking up a additional washer tank and pump to periodically rinse plate help?  Just an idea..
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 8:59:41 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 9:02:19 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
PSA: I would only pull over for that if I thought the person was OWI but for me to think the person was OWI I would have to see a lot more things than a burned out LP bulb.
View Quote
Then what difference do the plate lights being burned out make in this scenario?

Link Posted: 10/16/2019 9:07:00 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 9:07:55 AM EDT
[#13]
You should have just said no hablo englies, and pretended like you were an illegal, then you would have gotten out of it.
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 9:10:39 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
yep. coulda shot you thru the window
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Look on the bright side: The cop didn't murder OP.  I'd call that a win.
yep. coulda shot you thru the window
Gotdamn. (Noob noob)
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 9:11:13 AM EDT
[#15]
Calafornika... who'da thunk?
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 9:13:56 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
You would have to ask the officer that pulled him over.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
PSA: I would only pull over for that if I thought the person was OWI but for me to think the person was OWI I would have to see a lot more things than a burned out LP bulb.
Then what difference do the plate lights being burned out make in this scenario?

You would have to ask the officer that pulled him over.
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 9:17:22 AM EDT
[#17]
The #1 bullshit pretext to pull you over. I just replaced 3 of them in 2 of my vehicles recently, I don’t let that shit become a problem.
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 9:17:31 AM EDT
[#18]
Were you driving through Wisconsin by any chance?

Hey, on the bright side he didn't murder you.  So I guess it's a win over all.
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 9:27:49 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 9:29:00 AM EDT
[#20]
Youngest son works a night shift. Goes home for lunch. Got stopped one night because 1 of his 2 tag lights were out. It was a simply bring it by police station to show it's fixed, but I still thought it was a reach...
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 9:29:00 AM EDT
[#21]
I was pulled over once after flashing my lights at oncoming traffic to warn people of the speed trap just over the hill.  It was dark and I didn't see that one of the cars was another police cruiser.
The officer pulled me over, I am thinking well this ought to be a good discussion as he approaches my window.  He asks me if I knew what I did wrong and I replied "no officer I have no idea". He had a long pause while he looked me in the eyes..........."You have a tag light out.......... You should get that fixed"
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 9:31:40 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Many times I pull up to people and let them know they have a headlight, tail light, brake light out and they had no clue. I imagine a lot of people could avoid being stopped by police for those things if they would do a once around of their POV once every two weeks or so.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The #1 bullshit pretext to pull you over. I just replaced 3 of them in 2 of my vehicles recently, I don’t let that shit become a problem.
Many times I pull up to people and let them know they have a headlight, tail light, brake light out and they had no clue. I imagine a lot of people could avoid being stopped by police for those things if they would do a once around of their POV once every two weeks or so.
No doubt. We have 3 vehicles that my wife and I drive, but we rarely follow each other. Every time my wife backs out of the shop at night I do a quick light inspection since it faces the living room.
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 9:32:53 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
In my state it's a fixit ticket that's dismissed when you fix the deficiency
View Quote
I got pulled for that about a year ago, and my wife got it last week. Officer asked if I knew it was out, I politely joked I usually drive from behind the wheel, not the trunk. He said fair enough, please get it fixed. Didn’t even write the equipment failure ticket.

Complete fishing expedition, but I have never done illegal drugs and won’t drive if I’ve even had one drink in the past three hours.
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 9:33:28 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The #1 bullshit pretext to pull you over. I just replaced 3 of them in 2 of my vehicles recently, I don't let that shit become a problem.
This seems typical here.  The few times I've been pulled over for any minor equipment violation I was just given a warning to fix it.  Generally I was unaware of the problem and glad the local guy told me about it before a Trooper pulled me over for it
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 9:33:46 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

I got pulled for that about a year ago, and my wife got it last week. Officer asked if I knew it was out, I politely joked I usually drive from behind the wheel, not the trunk. He said fair enough, please get it fixed. Didn’t even write the equipment failure ticket.

Complete fishing expedition,
but I have never done illegal drugs and won’t drive if I’ve even had one drink in the past three hours.
View Quote
40xb pretty much unintentionally admitted as much.
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 9:38:34 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 9:42:20 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 9:51:11 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
WOW! Never hear of anyone getting a ticket for that.
View Quote
A DUI cop has to write the tickets or a DUI stop for a plate light will be thrown out of court.
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 9:51:44 AM EDT
[#29]
I have used that as a reason to stop a car but never written one of those.  I know people that would though. Hell we had a nearby agency that would stop and cite marked patrol cars from other cities for running (legit) code through that city.
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 9:53:55 AM EDT
[#30]
LOL

Your PMCS skills are lacking
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 9:56:21 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Because we all know that license plate lights are "safety equipment"?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Assuming you have a smartphone, maybe add a quarterly recurring notification for a night time warkaround safety check of your vehicle/s?
Because we all know that license plate lights are "safety equipment"?
Will inoperable license plate lights pass your state's vehicle safety inspection?

No? Fix your shit, op and stop whining about your ticket here in GD.

Yes? Take it up with the judge.
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 9:57:42 AM EDT
[#32]
Well I know I feel safer...
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 10:06:15 AM EDT
[#33]
Either you were a major dick to the cop or the cop is a major dick overall.  That is just not right.  If I were that cops supervisor and saw a ticket like that I would certainly inquire then council him on community policing.
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 10:14:14 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 10:21:42 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 10:22:47 AM EDT
[#36]
I have a friend who gets a ticket every time a cop pulls him over.  Nothing crazy just the usual stuff. 5 over in town, failed to use a signal.  Ticket every time no matter what.

I had a cop catch me doing a rolling stop once and more recently about 17 over the limit on a 65mph Highway (and my insurance card was an old expired one).  Warnings both times.

I think some people are very good at talking themselves into a ticket and others are very good at defusing and de-escalating situations by both body language and words.
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 10:22:52 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 10:24:06 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Don't repeat my mistake, check the lights on your car too. Holy fuck I'm so fucking pissed off right now, the last thing I need is a goddamn ticket jesus fuck.
View Quote
Your post isn't clear.  You were cited for the license plate light being out or was that the reason for the stop and you were cited for something else?  You can likely get the equipment violation dismissed if you fix it.

Not common to cite for the light but it is common to use as PC for a stop.
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 10:26:39 AM EDT
[#39]
thug life
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 10:27:52 AM EDT
[#40]
I had a cop pull up next to me at a stop light, honked his horn and told my my license plate lights were burned out.  That's the way these type of things should be handled but your guy got a ticket credit/civilian contact to his ledger.
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 10:29:01 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 10:30:58 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I got pulled over once because one of the two plate bulbs was burned out.

He was hoping to get a DUI arrest because it was 3am.

I had just left work and wouldn’t let him search my truck.

What a waste of his time.  He even had the K9 come out to sniff around and even his handler decided that I wasn’t worth the effort too.

LED bulbs are where it’s at.
View Quote
Until one partially fails and one of your license plate lights is going all disco inferno. A bright flashing light draws attention from teh popo a lot quicker then one that doesn't work at all.
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 10:32:17 AM EDT
[#43]
Wait till you get a "No seat belt" ticket from a motorcycle cop.
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 10:32:38 AM EDT
[#44]
Wait till you get a "No seat belt" ticket from a motorcycle cop.
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 10:35:40 AM EDT
[#45]
FPNI
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 10:40:08 AM EDT
[#46]
*recognizes user name*

If you acted toward the officer like you act in GD, I know why you got a ticket.
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 10:43:27 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
I have a friend who gets a ticket every time a cop pulls him over.  Nothing crazy just the usual stuff. 5 over in town, failed to use a signal.  Ticket every time no matter what.

I had a cop catch me doing a rolling stop once and more recently about 17 over the limit on a 65mph Highway (and my insurance card was an old expired one).  Warnings both times.

I think some people are very good at talking themselves into a ticket and others are very good at defusing and de-escalating situations by both body language and words.
View Quote
Location, department and situation dependent around here.

CHP= Lights come on, you are getting cited for something. Flipside is I have been stopped for speeding and cited for equipment instead (way cheaper, no points). It is one of the reasons I never fun a front plate (loss leader).
Locals are a mixed bag. I have had everything from a quick 30 second chat all the way up to a walk around fishing/cite for all the things session.

That said, I seem to get pulled over about once every 10 years or so.
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 10:44:38 AM EDT
[#48]
You must not be part of the Politically Protected Groups.
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 10:44:54 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 10:44:55 AM EDT
[#50]
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top