BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 60
Link Posted: 10/19/2019 2:26:50 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Are we allowed to post it here or is it an instaban?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That video is making rounds on other forums.
Are we allowed to post it here or is it an instaban?
Given the results of the last attempt...
Link Posted: 10/19/2019 2:40:15 AM EDT
[#2]
Was it in NY state?

http://dailyorange.com/2019/10/state-law-aims-prevent-gun-violence-firearm-confiscation/

Link left cold - no video afaik
Link Posted: 10/19/2019 2:49:31 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/19/2019 3:09:15 AM EDT
[#4]
Man I stepped in a shit storm. I can’t believe this thread hasn’t been nuked yet.
Link Posted: 10/19/2019 3:11:34 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Man I stepped in a shit storm. I can't believe this thread hasn't been nuked yet.
View Quote
It kind of can't be without creating massive Streisand effect.
Link Posted: 10/19/2019 3:17:44 AM EDT
[#6]
Extorris for site staff.  Can I get a second?

Link Posted: 10/19/2019 3:22:29 AM EDT
[#7]
I just want to say that I think krpind is a stand up dude, was a fair moderator and didn't seem to have favorites in his clique that could get away with anything. He seemed very level headed and was a real asset when it comes to site staff and I'm sad to see him go.
Link Posted: 10/19/2019 3:27:49 AM EDT
[#8]
deleted by user
Link Posted: 10/19/2019 3:29:03 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote
+ DanTSX!
Link Posted: 10/19/2019 4:29:31 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I just want to say that I think krpind is a stand up dude, was a fair moderator and didn't seem to have favorites in his clique that could get away with anything. He seemed very level headed and was a real asset when it comes to site staff and I'm sad to see him go.
View Quote
It is telling when someone respected and fair like krpind feels he needs to step away from being a mod.

The cringey 'circle the wagons'/TBL crowd the site drafted to be mods is also telling in a bad way.

Site has gone to shit leadership-wise over the past few years especially. Like when it was finally publicly admitted that TBK1 was using his staffer powers to enforce his own politics.
Link Posted: 10/19/2019 4:46:25 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Let's call it mutual.

I'm not willing to volunteer to help if what appears to be the official policy is to allow a certain segment of the membership to post in support of an accused murderer while at almost the exact same time saying "people are watching, we can't get too crazy in our support of the 2nd Amendment". And those may not be exact quotes for the pedantic, but that is the gist of it.

I'm not mad and don't be mad for me.

That isn't what I signed up to do. Honestly, I have wanted to "retire" for a while and the timing just seemed right.

I'm proud of what I did here, but let's be honest, I didn't do shit anymore like I used to do. I won't be missed from an official standpoint. There are a lot of good moderators here that really want the best for the site. There are some that I could not disagree with more on just about every single issue, but I believe they want what is best for the site as well. We may not agree on what that is, but that is my belief.

Also the change in the site has nothing to do with the new owners. Trust me. I think they might actually have to force a change eventually, but time will tell on that I suppose.
View Quote
Unfortunately, this site just lost one of the good ones by you stepping down. A few of the other mods/staff could use a few lessons from you.

I am glad that you are still going to stick around.
Link Posted: 10/19/2019 5:18:09 AM EDT
[#12]
All good things must come to an end
Link Posted: 10/19/2019 5:29:27 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

It is telling when someone respected and fair like krpind feels he needs to step away from being a mod.

The cringey 'circle the wagons'/TBL crowd the site drafted to be mods is also telling in a bad way.

Site has gone to shit leadership-wise over the past few years especially. Like when it was finally publicly admitted that TBK1 was using his staffer powers to enforce his own politics.
View Quote
To me the really sad part of the TBK1 incident was the statement that if he wants to return, he would be welcomed back and immediately reinstated as Site Staff.

That was when I began questioning how much I wanted to continue participating on the Site. I no longer post anywhere near as often as I once did and gave up my Live PD threads entirely.
Link Posted: 10/19/2019 5:33:36 AM EDT
[#14]
Moderation should be unbiased, how can a LEO be a Mod in a thread about cops ?

When i first joined i was in a cop thread and the Mods who were cops was really obvious. I got the feeling that any thoughts expressed negatively towards cops would be viewed with a bias by the Moderator in that thread.

Its just like having a Patriot fan moderating a forum for NY Giants fans.

Now i just dont go into cop threads anymore because i dont want to get banned by a biased Moderator.

I guess the bottom line question is this :

How can a website that is pro 2nd and pro civilian ownership of weapons have the very people that will be tasked with confiscating weapons fairly moderate the website when it comes to threads involving questionable police tactics ? There is a cop or former cop that is allowed to freely roam every thread and obviously trolling and trying to bait members into saying something wrong in the hopes one of the cop Mods will see the post and ban the member.

Is there a non LEO moderating the BOTS forum ?

I know I can say I won't renew my membership and obviously the powers that be don't give a fuck..I can also say that the whole reason I decided to register after reading GD for a few years(besides being laid up due to injury) is the retardation, knowledge and incredible vast amount of people here from all walks of life is vanishing and there is no reason to surf here anymore if the website keeps going in this direction. Pretty soon ArfCom will be exactly what they want, a heavily moderated LEO board with 90% cops patting each other on the back and labeling anyone that dare criticizes them cop haters and that the person must have done something wrong.

If a Moderator is doing a good job moderating, nobody should even know he is a cop.
Link Posted: 10/19/2019 5:45:05 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Value had nothing to do with it. The original comment was in poor taste but I've never seen anything that made me think that it was intended to cause problems on the site. Damcv62’s was and he was told what the outcome was going to be before he posted it.
View Quote
So as i understand it, he committed account suicide to highlight the massive hypocrisy of the rules in regards to what a cop is allowed to say and get away with.
Link Posted: 10/19/2019 5:49:48 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote
Oh, HELL YES!!!!!!!

Toss in Runcible also.
Link Posted: 10/19/2019 6:16:09 AM EDT
[#17]
He’s not going to comply though
Link Posted: 10/19/2019 6:25:45 AM EDT
[#18]
So, just the facts and a couple of questions, how many mods are cops here/what percentage of the total are cops?

And why was this demographic so important to have to be so prevalent?

It can’t have been a coincidence.

@DK-Prof

Maybe the letting things get so out of control for a decade that you admirably admitted earlier, and which was on the mods responsibility, was counter productive for the site, and accumulating a heavy contingent of cops has also been bad for the site, from a cursory look at sentiments about it.

But why?

If you were going to let things get so out of control anyway, why did you need all the cops?

I has a confuse.
Link Posted: 10/19/2019 6:35:29 AM EDT
[#19]
It's really sad to see the shitshow that my beloved arfcom is turning into. First the NRA, now this.
Link Posted: 10/19/2019 6:37:13 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/19/2019 6:40:07 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote
He's exactly the kind of person that should be a moderator, but won't because of current conditions.
Link Posted: 10/19/2019 7:26:30 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Pweasenosteppy got banned s couple weeks ago for posting a video of some police chief supporting gun confiscation or something.  He stated that it was evidence that police were not pro 2A.  Got the ban for LE bashing with no CoC sited.  Thread was nuked so fast I don't think anyone else saw it.  Pretty soon this site will be mostly just LEO rename it brothers of the shield.
Maybe those other forums fit you better?
Link Posted: 10/19/2019 7:31:23 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

When i first joined i was in a cop thread and the Mods who were cops was really obvious. I got the feeling that any thoughts expressed negatively towards cops would be viewed with a bias by the Moderator in that thread.

Its just like having a Patriot fan moderating a forum for NY Giants fans.

Now i just dont go into cop threads anymore because i dont want to get banned by a biased Moderator.

I guess the bottom line question is this :

How can a website that is pro 2nd and pro civilian ownership of weapons have the very people that will be tasked with confiscating weapons fairly moderate the website when it comes to threads involving questionable police tactics ? There is a cop or former cop that is allowed to freely roam every thread and obviously trolling and trying to bait members into saying something wrong in the hopes one of the cop Mods will see the post and ban the member.

Is there a non LEO moderating the BOTS forum ?

I know I can say I won't renew my membership and obviously the powers that be don't give a fuck..I can also say that the whole reason I decided to register after reading GD for a few years(besides being laid up due to injury) is the retardation, knowledge and incredible vast amount of people here from all walks of life is vanishing and there is no reason to surf here anymore if the website keeps going in this direction. Pretty soon ArfCom will be exactly what they want, a heavily moderated LEO board with 90% cops patting each other on the back and labeling anyone that dare criticizes them cop haters and that the person must have done something wrong.

If a Moderator is doing a good job moderating, nobody should even know he is a cop.
View Quote
The painful realization may be that this isn't a pro 2nd site.  
Link Posted: 10/19/2019 7:40:58 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote
You've got to be kidding me.
Link Posted: 10/19/2019 7:41:01 AM EDT
[#25]
So guys,..... when is the 2019 team member giveaway?
Link Posted: 10/19/2019 7:45:35 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Arfcom has embraced the “zero tolerance” philosophy of the left. Draw a gun on a piece of notebook paper, get expelled. Deal with it.
View Quote
I better find a new breakfast treat.

Link Posted: 10/19/2019 7:47:04 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Some of you learned the hard way that law enforcement will ALWAYS stick together.
View Quote
Link Posted: 10/19/2019 7:49:02 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
+ DanTSX!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
+ DanTSX!
I like Dan, he always had such nice things to say about me on TOS.
Link Posted: 10/19/2019 7:56:12 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
But the "oh well" catches a ban if it goes the other way.

I don't even remember who got banned for that a few years back, but I sure remember it happening.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Lemme guess... the TBL was “too bad so sad kthanxbie” over the police killing that woman in her own home.

By the time I found that thread, it was dozens of pages long, and I was sure it was a shitshow of purse-swinging between outraged “civilians” and TBLers saying “ oh well...”
But the "oh well" catches a ban if it goes the other way.

I don't even remember who got banned for that a few years back, but I sure remember it happening.
A few people did...
Link Posted: 10/19/2019 8:00:49 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote
I’d love to see some numbers from 5-10 years ago , how many mods there were. How many were police, versus today .

Maybe it’s just a “new mod” thing but yeesh the “respect my authority” attitude seems to be running rampant .
Link Posted: 10/19/2019 8:05:26 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Maybe those other forums fit you better?
View Quote
You keep that up and they'll make you a mod yet.
Link Posted: 10/19/2019 8:11:49 AM EDT
[#32]
mods now seem to actively go into every thread looking for shit that's wrong, where before (at least it seemed) they would be reacting to things that had been reported.

for something like "no personal attacks", a better policy might be that the actual target of the personal attack would have to report it themselves to get a mod involved; otherwise you end with the lame af over-reactions we've been getting like warnings/bans for schoolyard taunts
Link Posted: 10/19/2019 8:12:31 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Value had nothing to do with it. The original comment was in poor taste but I've never seen anything that made me think that it was intended to cause problems on the site. Damcv62’s was and he was told what the outcome was going to be before he posted it.
View Quote
For months, I’ve been perplexed by reports of shadowy figures lurking around in GD with the intention of causing problems on the site.  Now I believe I understand what is meant by this. Thank you.
Link Posted: 10/19/2019 8:12:42 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Look at it like this. A large portion of arfcom is pro 2A AS IT WAS WRITTEN and believe that every law we have is unconstitutional and should be repealed. Further, you should be able to hit up the hardware store and pick up an M-60 .

That is not the current state of our 2A. Site is pro CURRENT STATE of the 2A, and if further laws are passed restricting it will be pro THAT VERSION OF THE 2A.

People here like posting molon  labe and will not comply . Makes them feel better , I’ve probably posted both of those .  They feel powerless and know all the normal shit like writing letters and shit will do NOTHING to stop what’s coming. So they come here to read similar opinions just for the one reason of not feeling alone .

With the crackdown on those posts , people are gonna bitch about it. 6 months from now it will more than likely cool down .
Link Posted: 10/19/2019 8:16:14 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
For months, I’ve been perplexed by reports of shadowy figures lurking around in GD with the intention of causing problems on the site.  Now I believe I understand what is meant by this. Thank you.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Please explain. Let's assume that I'm a man and rather dense  
Link Posted: 10/19/2019 8:17:42 AM EDT
[#36]
I just watched some good pro-gun videos at this YouTube alternative .  It's nice to have options
Link Posted: 10/19/2019 8:17:43 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Some of you learned the hard way that law enforcement will ALWAYS stick together.
Actually the problem is we have too many city and county cops.  We just need to add some state troopers to the mix.  That will fix everything.
Link Posted: 10/19/2019 8:20:47 AM EDT
[#38]
View Quote
That must confuse the hell out of them: a gun image covered in rainbow sprinkles. Could become a fad: “assault weapons” in rainbow camouflage.
Link Posted: 10/19/2019 8:25:11 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Actually the problem is we have too many city and county cops.  We just need to add some state troopers to the mix.  That will fix everything.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Genius !
Link Posted: 10/19/2019 8:26:33 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 10/19/2019 8:26:59 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

That must confuse the hell out of them: a gun image covered in rainbow sprinkles. Could become a fad: "assault weapons" in rainbow camouflage.
View Quote
Link Posted: 10/19/2019 8:28:14 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
If you see me say something like that what I’m talking about is posting that appears to be obviously intended to generate a negative response. Trolling/baiting/shitposting/whatever. It can be tough to define the difference between that an a controversial opinion but a lot of people make it easy by taking something outrageous and throwing it into a thread like a grenade.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If you see me say something like that what I’m talking about is posting that appears to be obviously intended to generate a negative response. Trolling/baiting/shitposting/whatever. It can be tough to define the difference between that an a controversial opinion but a lot of people make it easy by taking something outrageous and throwing it into a thread like a grenade.
“Oh well”
Link Posted: 10/19/2019 8:34:29 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh gotcha.

If the negative response is due to the fact that the rules apply differently to mods/cops on this site and he was simply highlighting/ protesting that, then all i have to say is

Oh well
Link Posted: 10/19/2019 8:39:30 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

“Oh well”
View Quote
Friday - "...oh, that was different!"
Link Posted: 10/19/2019 8:40:38 AM EDT
[#45]
View Quote
They gotta make you a mod!!!
Link Posted: 10/19/2019 8:41:08 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
I am a strong supporter of LE but will also be one of the first to say fuck the police when I see stupidity by the TBL, that group needs to be able to take criticism where it is needed.
View Quote
+1
Link Posted: 10/19/2019 8:43:26 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote
Do you remember what Damcv said?
Link Posted: 10/19/2019 8:48:50 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Only if they're PA state troopers with their cute little mountme hats.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/19/2019 8:56:49 AM EDT
[#49]
View Quote
What is the purpose of those straps that don't go under the chin? They do nothing. Why? Just ... why?
Link Posted: 10/19/2019 9:02:38 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

What is the purpose of those straps that don't go under the chin? They do nothing. Why? Just ... why?
View Quote
I assume so they can't be choked from behind.

Why there is a chin strap in the first place...…..so the wind doesn't knock it off?

Heck, I have no idea really.
Page / 60
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top