Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/15/2001 10:34:34 AM EDT
OK, I'm typing fast.  I just found a Colt SP1 Sn 373XX in A1 configuration.  The guy has $795 on it.  Is this a pre-ban and what's it worth.  Please respond.  I'll buy it today if I have to.
Thanks.
jd1
Link Posted: 5/15/2001 10:38:43 AM EDT
[#1]
If it's really an SP-1, it's preban.  Most run around $1000, depending on condition.

Go to [url]www.biggerhammer.net[/url] and they have a list of SN's as to pre and post-ban just to be sure.

Good luck.
Link Posted: 5/15/2001 10:40:23 AM EDT
[#2]
I can't help you in the ser# but is it w/o the forward assist?

What type of flash hider does it have?

Prong or solid bottom birdcage?

Triangular handguards?

At any rate $795 does not sound like a bad deal if the weapon is in good shape.

Good luck.

My FFL has two super super nice Sp1 and he wants $1695 for one and $1600 for the other.
Link Posted: 5/15/2001 11:09:07 AM EDT
[#3]
A definite pre-ban, manufactured in 1975 if I read the chart correctly.  If it is in good mechanical and aesthetic shape then it is a super deal!
Link Posted: 5/15/2001 11:38:19 AM EDT
[#4]
No forward assist, birdcage flash suppressor (not solid bottom like the A2), triangular handguards.  Thanks for the replies.  I'm aganizing over it right now.  Any other info is appreciated.  
Get thee behind me satan and don't push!
jd1
Link Posted: 5/15/2001 11:57:56 AM EDT
[#5]
Just buy the damn thing!!!! Agonize over it later.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top