Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/14/2001 10:03:04 PM EDT
Next time you are at the range carry your AR from a tactical sling and your HK strong side hip or thigh.

Practice engaging targets with your AR until empty or simul malfunction. Drop your AR and transition to your HK to continue the fight.

Once you master this you will have a realistic two gun technique that will improve your odds in a gunfight and will draw comments from the kind of folks worth talking to.

Hunter out...
Link Posted: 5/14/2001 10:18:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Hi TAC-GIRL I'm ramrek... And since Kuiper locked yer HANGFIRE thread:

[size=4][blue]D[/blue][green]F[/green][gold]T[/gold][purple]F[/purple][pink]T[/pink][/size=4]

Don't feed the f_____ trolls. Like HF! [:D]
Link Posted: 5/14/2001 10:32:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Next time you are at the range carry your AR from a tactical sling and your HK strong side hip or thigh.

Practice engaging targets with your AR until empty or simul malfunction. Drop your AR and transition to your HK to continue the fight.

Once you master this you will have a realistic two gun technique that will improve your odds in a gunfight and will draw comments from the kind of folks worth talking to.

Hunter out...
View Quote

LOL .... I use to run this same drill at my local range .... newbies use to look at me like I was some kind of GIJoe/Swatman wannabe. A few weeks later I saw a couple of them trying it ... LMAO [:D]
Link Posted: 5/14/2001 10:41:51 PM EDT
[#3]
I pratice that with a shotgun and handgun combo, because that is my home defence set up, the rifle handgun combo would not be a bad idea for LEO or military, or people who live in the boondocks, ( thats where I want to live BTW).

Rew
Link Posted: 5/14/2001 11:03:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Thank you for the great ideas.

Again, I will dump the 2 gun method and maybe try yours out.  Prob. is I can't use a long gun at work.  I guess I'll wait until I get my REAL job, after the academy.

Again, thanks for the constructive remarks.
Link Posted: 5/14/2001 11:07:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Anyone have any feedback???
View Quote

Many points have been stated. The best advice I have seen is not to take this board to heart.

My two cents on two gunning.

Gawd I wished I looked like Antonio Bandaras!

The comment about two reloads during an adrenalin dump hit home.  I read an article about two gun carry. Fastest reload available. one gun in use the other ready, to share, use as a reload, what ever. In that case example, two gunning can make sense.

As to doubled target engagement?

Gawd I wish I looked like Antonio Banderas!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top