Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/14/2001 8:06:31 PM EDT
I'm looking for a new vehicle for after the summer.  Mine won't make it very well in the heavy winters we have where I live.

I'd like a mid-sized 4-wheel drive truck (no SUVs, I'm not a soccer mom!).

Any suggestions???
Link Posted: 5/14/2001 8:15:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Id go with the new toyota tacoma 4 door truck.  You get the best of both worlds.  I have a 96 tacoma and it has been a good truck.  I just put a 2 inch lift on mine to help with towing and a snow plow.  The v-6 also runs great.

good luck
Link Posted: 5/14/2001 8:19:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Well let me tell you this much. I work at a mine and out there nothing lasts so forget the Ford, Chevy, Toyota, blah blah blah war. Buy whatever seems to be more attractive to you. Like I said, I work at a mine and if one truck was better than another then they would only buy one make. Every truck out there last about 30,000 miles regardless of make. So with that in mind, just get a 4-wheel drive like you said and some good snow tires. Also use the tricks like wieght in the bed and that stuff.
Link Posted: 5/14/2001 8:25:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Lots to chose from....check out chevy for some of the best gas mileage. Ford and dodge also make a nice truck but neither do so well on MPG. If you want sheer comfort look at the dodge. It is roomy enuff for about anyone. If you are a devotee of the gun culture look at extended or crew cab pickups. They let you carry the most crap inside. "Like a big purse on wheels". I have an expedition and have had two dodges recently. I am looking hard at the ford crew cab shortbox. It's sweet! Maybe Im limiting myself but i try to buy american when I can. My only exception to this rule is german/austrian/swiss/italian firearms. With HK,Steyr,Sig,& Benelli why buy smith and wesson or remington? Just a thought. Anyway welcome to the board and look me up sometime. I like to chat with people who are oriented towards personal liberty and self reliance. Take care and keep up the fight! [sniper]
Link Posted: 5/14/2001 8:27:49 PM EDT
[#4]
I got one of these, and I'm very happy.
[img]http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=1028037&a=7588497&p=32298494[/img]
4 full doors, plenty of power, it is a very nice truck. My first V-8 in a long time. Of course, I've made a few 'mods'. [:D]
Link Posted: 5/14/2001 8:44:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Mid size - roomy/comfortable/most powerful = Dodge Dakota.

Tate
Link Posted: 5/14/2001 11:26:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for the feedback, I do like the looks of the dakota alot, plus you can't beat a v8!
Link Posted: 5/15/2001 12:00:54 AM EDT
[#7]
i bought a tacoma 4x4 last nov and i'm happy with it.but even with the 4cyl engine i get worest gas milage than my vette.mmk
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top