Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 46
Link Posted: 8/4/2019 4:06:47 PM EDT
[#1]
@goatboy

Will be able to get an informative flyer that we can post a picture of on all our social media?

ETA: I mean I want to post it now....but I realize I got nothing to post.  Only assuming we are doing this at NRA HQ?
Link Posted: 8/4/2019 4:16:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Tag
Link Posted: 8/4/2019 4:18:56 PM EDT
[#3]
I picked the 9th. That is more likely to be a 3 day weekend than the others for some folks.
Link Posted: 8/4/2019 4:39:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Could be a great statement. We should expect opposition.
Link Posted: 8/4/2019 4:48:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Would this just be about reforming the NRA or also about pushing things we want as far as legislation?
Link Posted: 8/4/2019 4:50:23 PM EDT
[#6]
The sooner the better. The trash is starting to stink.
Link Posted: 8/4/2019 4:50:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Keep the excuses coming. This is why we always lose on these fronts.

<---- working family man.
View Quote
(Edited. -40xb) You don't know me, or what I've got going on in my life. You are right that we do lose on these fronts, because we arent young and unattached and a trip to DC might as well be a trip to the moon for some of us.

Sorry for the derail. I regretted posting as soon as I did it, because of this.
Link Posted: 8/4/2019 4:55:18 PM EDT
[#8]
I have no preference on date at this time.  Tagged to follow for the details.
Link Posted: 8/4/2019 4:56:02 PM EDT
[#9]
Ost
Link Posted: 8/4/2019 4:57:01 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 8/4/2019 4:59:38 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
(Edited. -40xb) You don't know me, or what I've got going on in my life. You are right that we do lose on these fronts, because we arent young and unattached and a trip to DC might as well be a trip to the moon for some of us.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Keep the excuses coming. This is why we always lose on these fronts.

<---- working family man.

Gun owners not being active is why we lose.  0.675% of gun owners bothered to vote in the last NRA BoD election.  That is pathetic and it wouldn't much effort to control things if gun owners actually became active.

Most of the people on this site bitching about the NRA are doing nothing to change it...except bitch about those are trying to do something because those people aren't doing it perfectly.
Link Posted: 8/4/2019 5:06:26 PM EDT
[#12]
I can't do DC in Nov.
Link Posted: 8/4/2019 5:07:06 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 8/4/2019 5:09:36 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 8/4/2019 5:14:03 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 8/4/2019 5:30:15 PM EDT
[#16]
I will be driving from central Ohio if anyone wants to catch a ride. Depending on what I decide to drive I can haul 4 or 7.
Link Posted: 8/4/2019 5:38:47 PM EDT
[#17]
None of the above.

Do it at NRA HQ on Saturday 22 November.  that is the same weekend as the Chantilly Gunshow which is the regions largest gun show and down the road from the NRA HQ.
Link Posted: 8/4/2019 5:54:44 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
@goatboy

As a NRA Life Member I fully support your position on this matter however, like many who agree with you, I unfortunately won't be attending this rally. With this in mind, may I suggest that in addition to your march that we devise a letter campaign that would truly reflect (larger number than people at the rally) the memberships dismay with the current course of the NRA. Maybe a template, receipt signature required letter that's addressed to all NRA leadership positions. The letter might contain templated language that identifies membership concerns and a pledge to cut off donations until there is a qualitative course correction within the NRA. Just something to think about.

--------------------------
To: NRA Person's Name Here

Subject: NO MONEY PLEDGE

Template Language that points out the issues of contention and what needs to be done to correct these.

Based on the aforementioned, I PLEDGE to discontinue any and all donates to the NRA until such time OUR organization makes a documented effort to address the previously mentioned concerns.

I look forward to your timely response,

Person's Name Here
NRA Member Status Here
View Quote
Great idea, might work, can't hurt.
Link Posted: 8/4/2019 6:16:48 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
@goatboy

Will be able to get an informative flyer that we can post a picture of on all our social media?

ETA: I mean I want to post it now....but I realize I got nothing to post.  Only assuming we are doing this at NRA HQ?
View Quote
Absolutely needs to be at NRA headquarters.
Link Posted: 8/4/2019 6:19:50 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Then you need to be at the convention, that is the only place you will have 70,000+ members to hear our grievances with the the Board and WLP. Members going to the convention are half way serious members those most likely to vote to drain the NRA swamp.

It is about the members taking the NRA back from the swamp the the swamp dwellers.

It is also the vendors at the convention at the Dallas convention over half the vendors were selling AR based firearms and accessories.

There is a chance of getting a lot more support for from members and vendors at the convention than anyplace else.
View Quote
You're only going to get one shot at this, the convention idea makes more sense, roughly center of the country, other members who may or may not know about the NRA fleecing them will be there. Nashville will offer more places to stay as well. If you're gonna do some world shaking do it where you have a guaranteed, and captive audience. Besides, wasn't there a big shake-up at the Cleveland convention years back?
Link Posted: 8/4/2019 6:30:14 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 8/4/2019 6:33:16 PM EDT
[#22]
Irrelevant of the date I’m in, I’m 20 and I think seeing if we can get youth out to March would be a good photo op and should go along way for countering “March for our lives”. Call it “March for our rights”.

I live in RI so I can take the train, therefore I have no problem donating two-three hundred dollars to a fund which would help people get there who aren’t so close.

We need as many people as possible, Black, Gay, Muslim, this just doesn’t need to be a message only to the NRA, this at the same time could be a message to the nation.

That the gun lobby isn’t for manufacturers, it’s for the people.
Link Posted: 8/4/2019 6:42:04 PM EDT
[#23]
@goatboy

All days are equally bad for me.  I don't care.  Whichever y'all pick, consider me there.
Link Posted: 8/4/2019 6:48:11 PM EDT
[#24]
I'm in.  Early November the weather is usually still pretty nice around here.
Link Posted: 8/4/2019 6:51:19 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
@goatboy

All days are equally bad for me.  I don't care.  Whichever y'all pick, consider me there.
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/4/2019 7:01:37 PM EDT
[#26]
If this happens, I'll try and be there.

Wayne and his cronies need to go.
Link Posted: 8/4/2019 7:02:58 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

I realize this and it was hard to try to find a date. Hunting season is critical to a lot of families, but if we push this off, then we are looking at April/May of next year and it wont be what we need. It has to be now we take a stand against all the wrongs. Not everyone is going to be able to make it and that's fine. We do need a big showing so that the rest of the community sees that we are united behind saving the NRA and keeping our voices heard. It's 1 Saturday that could mean our rights for years to come. It's worth doing whatever it takes.
View Quote
Would an October Saturday work?  Wouldn't want to interfere with deah huntin. Or is October Duck Season.  Or Wabbit Season.

Link Posted: 8/4/2019 7:06:45 PM EDT
[#28]
Going to the local NRA meeting in August. Doubt I can make it to DC though.
Link Posted: 8/4/2019 7:11:23 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

This wont be held at the NRA headquarters, nor for their benefit. This is aimed at a larger goal we all need, to get the NRA back in the hands of the people. Location won't matter, the statement we make to the country is what matters. This is part of a larger fight and it's one of the MOST important pieces. This is the voice of the people shouting at once to remove the corruption in leadership. (Keep in mind this is not about 1 man in power who has to go, it's about draining our own swamp!)
View Quote
I agree that the location won't matter, so let's hold this event somewhere other than DC.

I vote for somewhere in the middle of the Country, to make it more centrally located to all the States.  A gun-friendly city and State would be ideal, even though I realize you won't want this to be an armed rally.

Edit: To further clarify, I hate spending any money in that part of the Country.  No sense supporting the enemy.  Let's spend our money in a gun-friendly environment.  If the crowd is big enough, we'll get the same media coverage as we would if it were in DC.  DC sucks, I've been to two rally's there and both times it was a pain in the ass.  Hotels, parking, unfriendly gun laws, etc., why do we want to willingly submit ourselves to that.

The middle of the Country will be warmer in November as well.  Lots and lots of reasons to hold it closer to the middle of the Country than in DC.
Link Posted: 8/4/2019 7:17:02 PM EDT
[#30]
First of the month is very hard to make, billing has to be done by the 5th and I normally don’t have all the tickets sorted until the 2nd.   The other weekends are more doable and I’ll try my damndest to make it.

Are you going to get block booking at a hotel?  I have no idea of the geography of DC, but hotels.com prices are’t as high as I thought they would be.

I doubt we could get the numbers but 1 in every state capital would be glorious.   Or even 5 or 6 across the nation, if numbers are good enough, would send a strong message.
Link Posted: 8/4/2019 7:48:11 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 8/4/2019 7:49:31 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 8/4/2019 7:51:36 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 8/4/2019 7:53:01 PM EDT
[#34]
I'm only very very roughly brainstorming but is it safe to leave a car at a Metro station during the day? Obviously it will depend on which one I'm just wondering if it's one of those things you shouldn't do under any circumstances.
Link Posted: 8/4/2019 7:58:23 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 8/4/2019 8:01:33 PM EDT
[#36]
I will take the day off from work.

I will be there.
Link Posted: 8/4/2019 8:04:42 PM EDT
[#37]
1st or 3rd date works for me.
Link Posted: 8/4/2019 8:20:53 PM EDT
[#38]
Didn't read the thread. I suggest the 14th. That's the day about 10-15 antis protest every month at NRAHQ.
Link Posted: 8/4/2019 8:37:45 PM EDT
[#39]
I will be there.  set the date.
Link Posted: 8/4/2019 8:37:45 PM EDT
[#40]
I will be in attendance regardless of date.
Link Posted: 8/4/2019 8:49:46 PM EDT
[#41]
A human chain of NRA members blocking entrance to NRA annual meeting would be more effective.
Link Posted: 8/4/2019 8:56:15 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Organize one then.  I will try to attend.
View Quote
Quoted:

This will not be ignored if we can muster enough of our folks to stand strong. The nation is waiting to see what we do. The only thing I can say to you is to have a little trust and faith in this and me. There are many things in motion right now, but the MEMBERSHIP is the most important part. The NRA has to learn that we can and will mobilize when we needed and that our voices are what make the NRA viable. There's a reason it's a Grassroots effort.
View Quote
Mrs Dow and I will go.
Link Posted: 8/4/2019 9:00:56 PM EDT
[#43]
What is being done to prevent anti-gunners from showing up and turning the protest into an antigun rally?
Link Posted: 8/4/2019 9:15:58 PM EDT
[#44]
It should be right in front of NRA HQ, not just the DC area.
Link Posted: 8/4/2019 9:21:18 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
A human chain of NRA members blocking entrance to NRA annual meeting would be more effective.
View Quote
A large protest at the NRA convention would be a lot more effective. Passing out flyer of what is wrong with the NRA to those other attending. Plus being members we can go in the convention including meetings.

We may even get media attention something we would not get with a protest somewhere else, or worse getting negative media attention.

The people that need to hear from us are other NRA members and board members. Stamping our feet any place other than the convention is a waste of effort. It will be like a tree falling in the forest, no one will hear us.
Link Posted: 8/4/2019 9:23:24 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View Quote
That's every week, and it's the libs.

I'm pro a DC event. I never go there, but I will for this. This is about our voting power and our natural rights. It needs to be in DC.

Let Trump see it, let Congress see it, let the NRA see it.

Let them all see a mass of non violent people standing up to tyranny. Let us bring the torches but not the guns. Let them see nationally we will not go quietly into the night. But let them also see we are reasonable non violent people.

It's a fantastic idea
Link Posted: 8/4/2019 9:23:46 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View Quote
On Saturday there isn't many people at the NRA HQ. A few going in the museum and the range.

Should be right in front on the convention !
Link Posted: 8/4/2019 9:28:23 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 8/4/2019 9:46:22 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
This is about supporting the NRA as a reborn entity with proper structure and leadership. There are plenty of good folks who will hear our voices and see us coming together and more of a reason to do right. I think when those things are in place, then we wont need to worry as much about legislation issues as they will truly represent us. (That doesn't mean we should expect them to do it all for us or be able to handle everything out there. It does mean the important fights will matter.)
View Quote
SWIRE....are you paying attention?  Something that is reborn....like the Phoenix....does so because it was burned to the mother fucker ground.

Why DC?
Link Posted: 8/4/2019 10:09:55 PM EDT
[#50]
I'm IN and will be there!
I voted 11/2 but pick a date and I'll book a flight.

Saving the NRA from those who do it harm is the only we we will ever protect ourselves and the 2nd amendment.
I'm sick of all the NRA naysayers in GD and gun owners on this site who won't put their money and support where their mouth is.
Page / 46
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top