Link Posted: 10/8/2019 6:37:11 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
View Quote
Where do I sign up?

I plan on being there.
Link Posted: 10/8/2019 7:49:39 AM EDT
[#3]
I'm working in Va right now so I'll probably drive up to have a few conversations.

Hate to be a pessimist, but this is not going to do much.  We have to start fighting smarter than this. This will be a hundred guys in an echo chamber.

No one will notice.  No one will care. If media takes note, it will be to lampoon you & the small attendance.  This is like lining up in ranks with muskets. The battlefront has evolved quite a bit & we need to evolve with it.
Link Posted: 10/8/2019 8:24:50 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Where do I sign up?

I plan on being there.
View Quote
Go to the OP, click on the webpage link, you can register there.
Link Posted: 10/8/2019 8:49:05 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Go to the OP, click on the webpage link, you can register there.
View Quote
Thanks ! Done!
Link Posted: 10/8/2019 12:07:10 PM EDT
[#6]
@GoatBoy
@DAquila

Do you have any word on Speakers?
Link Posted: 10/8/2019 7:03:26 PM EDT
[#7]
So it looks like my two children and myself will be traveling to this little shindig via train but I have never ridden an Amtrak before.

Does anyone know the best way to purchase tickets? I’ll also need a hotel room for Saturday night if package deals are the way to go.
Link Posted: 10/8/2019 8:16:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
So it looks like my two children and myself will be traveling to this little shindig via train but I have never ridden an Amtrak before.

Does anyone know the best way to purchase tickets? I'll also need a hotel room for Saturday night if package deals are the way to go.
View Quote
You'll enjoy the train.  Very civilized way of travelling.  You can buy tickets online at www.amtrak.com or at the station.
Link Posted: 10/8/2019 8:34:52 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
You'll enjoy the train.  Very civilized way of travelling.  You can buy tickets online at www.amtrak.com or at the station.
View Quote
I’ve already checked the amtrak website. I was just asking if anyone knew of another way to purchase train tickets that would save a few bucks like expedia for flights or groupon for golf, etc.
Link Posted: 10/8/2019 8:44:09 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 10/8/2019 9:43:24 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

We will be announcing the speaker list (almost finalized) in 3 different releases. The first should be soon, as early as tomorrow! As of now the formal speakers will begin at 1pm, although we will more than likely have some things going on prior to that on the stage.

I also would ask that all you ARFCOM folks who are going wear some BFL gear so we can easily identify each other. I will most likely wear a more dressy style shirt with the BFL on it. (Polo or button down.) I don't know if we have any sort of defined time to meet up, but I would love to be able to shake everyone's hand and thank you personally for showing up. I love this site and you fine folks who take pride in going above and beyond to do what is right and help those in need. It's the least I can do to show my appreciation.
View Quote
@goatboy

Funny you should mention this...I've been checking the site store frequently but it's still shit down. Where can we get some new BFL gear? I was at least going to get a new hat. Only thing I have is an old mock turtle that has the old logo on the collar. I've had it like 15 years now

Figured it was time for some new stuff but the store in closed?
Link Posted: 10/8/2019 9:47:44 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 10/8/2019 10:01:37 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Right now the only option is the teespring store.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
@goatboy

Funny you should mention this...I've been checking the site store frequently but it's still shit down. Where can we get some new BFL gear? I was at least going to get a new hat. Only thing I have is an old mock turtle that has the old logo on the collar. I've had it like 15 years now

Figured it was time for some new stuff but the store in closed?
Right now the only option is the teespring store.
I just got my Teespring shirt and I have one of the nice jackets they used to sell.

I'll be easy to spot.  
Link Posted: 10/8/2019 10:03:56 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 10/8/2019 10:06:02 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote
Will you be joining us?
Link Posted: 10/8/2019 10:18:28 PM EDT
[#16]
Should we wear nametags?  
Link Posted: 10/8/2019 10:20:03 PM EDT
[#17]
PM me if you need a ride from the around the Richmond area (Powhatan).  I am going to drive to Franconia metro station and metro in from there.  Up and back on Sat.
Link Posted: 10/8/2019 11:31:29 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I'm working in Va right now so I'll probably drive up to have a few conversations.

Hate to be a pessimist, but this is not going to do much.  We have to start fighting smarter than this. This will be a hundred guys in an echo chamber.

No one will notice.  No one will care. If media takes note, it will be to lampoon you & the small attendance.  This is like lining up in ranks with muskets. The battlefront has evolved quite a bit & we need to evolve with it.
View Quote
Agreed on fighting smarter, but it’s a start.   I’ll be a last minute attendee if I can make it, financial reasons.  It’s looking like if everyone pays when they say they will, I’ll be there and if my wife can get my in-laws to watch the kids, she’ll be there too. All the way from Nuevo Mexico.

We’ve all got to start doing something.  I’ve called, written, emailed and actually sat down with my legislators my whole adult life.  I’m an NRA life member plus whatever BS that they’ve suckered me into in addition.   It’s gotten me jack shit.  And I’ll bare my responsibility as well.  I haven’t done enough.  Being in NM, and until ARF, no social media accounts just listening to the NRA emails.  I honestly thought the NRA was enough.  I’ve missed countless attempts on the NM capital because I didn’t hear about it until after or whatever excuse I’ve had.

It has evolved and we, gun owners as a whole, shoulda been much more proactive.  I know there’s a lot of folks who have been, but it’s not been enough.   We, 2A supporters, are a damn large amount of America and we are the beating fucking heart of America.  We’ve been too busy with work, life, family and building financial security.   It all means jack shit without the means to protect it.

Hope to make it to have a cold beer with you and these other fine members.
Link Posted: 10/8/2019 11:45:01 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 10/8/2019 11:54:57 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 10/9/2019 12:15:10 AM EDT
[#21]
https://www.ar15.com/forums/general/Qweevox-s-caravan-for-the-Nov-2-Pro-2A-rally-in-DC/5-2260678/&page=1&anc=81296322#i81296322

Maybe I missed it, but haven’t seen this posted here yet, if it has well then check it again for those on that route.
Link Posted: 10/9/2019 6:04:53 AM EDT
[#22]
I should still have a Hometown Forum hat I bought years ago.  If I can find it that's what I will wear. The pic below is from 2011. Guess I will go home and start turning the house upside down this afternoon.  
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/9/2019 9:31:59 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Interesting to see such a push to escalate things. America was created through blood, but it's not the time to turn on our brothers and sisters. Those men fought and died so that we did not have to. So we could use reason and speech to make a difference.  Calling folks cowards is not a good way to make an impact or plead your case.

Everyone attending this event needs to show respect for themselves, their fellow brothers in arms, and the law. Do not go to DC armed and do not act as though that's the tough guy angle. We show up, we act respectfully, we show who we are, and we go home. Will this fix things? I highly doubt it. This is not an event to fix things, it's to show that the votes of firearm owners matter. That we do not need an organization to represent us. We are the true power which needs to be respected and courted. It's time our votes are not just counted by a single organization, but by each and every individual who believes in the 2nd Amendment.

2020 is an election year and we are going to help decide the outcome. If every gun owner cries out in one voice, then NOBODY will be able to ignore it.
View Quote
I see in the flyer that there's nothing about "don't come armed, and try to act respectfully".  Would it be worth including some guidelines?

Also, can this thread be tacked?
Link Posted: 10/9/2019 9:55:50 AM EDT
[#24]
Goat Boy if you haven’t already you should reach out to Maj Toure, Andrew Wilkow, Phil Van Cleeve of VCDL, and VA Delegate Nick Freitas to speak.
Link Posted: 10/9/2019 12:20:22 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I see in the flyer that there's nothing about "don't come armed, and try to act respectfully".  Would it be worth including some guidelines?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Interesting to see such a push to escalate things. America was created through blood, but it's not the time to turn on our brothers and sisters. Those men fought and died so that we did not have to. So we could use reason and speech to make a difference.  Calling folks cowards is not a good way to make an impact or plead your case.

Everyone attending this event needs to show respect for themselves, their fellow brothers in arms, and the law. Do not go to DC armed and do not act as though that's the tough guy angle. We show up, we act respectfully, we show who we are, and we go home. Will this fix things? I highly doubt it. This is not an event to fix things, it's to show that the votes of firearm owners matter. That we do not need an organization to represent us. We are the true power which needs to be respected and courted. It's time our votes are not just counted by a single organization, but by each and every individual who believes in the 2nd Amendment.

2020 is an election year and we are going to help decide the outcome. If every gun owner cries out in one voice, then NOBODY will be able to ignore it.

It’s got a banner at the top of the page.
Link Posted: 10/9/2019 1:36:10 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Goat Boy if you haven’t already you should reach out to Maj Toure, Andrew Wilkow, Phil Van Cleeve of VCDL, and VA Delegate Nick Freitas to speak.
View Quote
Maj is coming
Link Posted: 10/9/2019 1:43:22 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Does anyone know the best way to purchase tickets? I’ll also need a hotel room for Saturday night if package deals are the way to go.
View Quote
@CaptColtMossberg

If you do get a hotel, I'd look in Virginia vs DC. Especially around the Rosslyn or Ballston metro stops.

Because most of the hotel traffic in those areas is business travel, they tend to be cheaper than DC on the weekends (plus they are very nice, safe areas), and both have very easy access to and from The Mall and Union Station (I figure if you do AMTRAK you'll end up passing through there).
Link Posted: 10/9/2019 1:52:51 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Doh!    Thanks.
Link Posted: 10/9/2019 3:02:54 PM EDT
[#29]
why isn't there more activity in this thread?
Link Posted: 10/9/2019 4:46:19 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote
Because most of the movers and shakers in DC go home on weekends so we will at most be seen by a few of  our brethren who need no convincing.

We would be unarmed when what we should be showing is a refusal to disarm now, or ever.

Look at what the establishment is doing to Trump when we try to negotiate things with ballots... Those of us who pay very close attention know we aren't voting out way out of this mess...
Link Posted: 10/9/2019 7:21:16 PM EDT
[#31]
I will try and be there.
Link Posted: 10/9/2019 8:13:09 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Because most of the movers and shakers in DC go home on weekends so we will at most be seen by a few of  our brethren who need no convincing.

We would be unarmed when what we should be showing is a refusal to disarm now, or ever.

Look at what the establishment is doing to Trump when we try to negotiate things with ballots... Those of us who pay very close attention know we aren't voting out way out of this mess...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You have to check all the boxes.
Link Posted: 10/9/2019 8:46:49 PM EDT
[#33]
When & where do we meet? I should be in town and free from noon or so on Friday. Planning to hit Shelley's Back Room cigar lounge (1331 F Street NW) in the afternoon, but I can be wherever the rest of us want to be.
Link Posted: 10/10/2019 2:15:30 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 10/10/2019 2:32:56 PM EDT
[#35]
Very nice!
Link Posted: 10/10/2019 4:40:34 PM EDT
[#36]
Just booked my train tickets. Is there an official hotel of ARFCOM? The only one I’ve seen mention of is the Holiday Inn at the Capitol so maybe that’s it by default.
Link Posted: 10/10/2019 5:01:03 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 10/10/2019 6:59:18 PM EDT
[#38]
Marriott, Holiday Inn are in Rosslyn VA.

Hyatt, and Residence INN are in Arlington

are all good hotels across the river from Georgetown.
Link Posted: 10/10/2019 7:11:20 PM EDT
[#39]
@Goatboy

I am happy to announce that today we were able to share this information with over 1000 PA Gun Owners through by local gun club. I have been in communication with the president of our club and he was gracious enough to share the links to this event (and this thread) with the entire membership. I look forward to bringing a strong and numerous representation from PA.

I am also in talks with local elected officials in trying to gain their support. My personal goal is to get at least county-level politicians to stand with us...if not state level.

Really looking forward to this event, and the opportunity to let our so-called leadership know where we stand, and how we vote.
Link Posted: 10/10/2019 7:45:35 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Marriott, Holiday Inn are in Rosslyn VA.

Hyatt, and Residence INN are in Arlington

are all good hotels across the river from Georgetown.
View Quote
We are staying at the Hyatt Centric in Arlington.
Link Posted: 10/10/2019 7:59:53 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 10/12/2019 5:47:28 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Awesome to hear and can't thank you enough for being a part of this.

I realize folks here and out in the community at large are tired of playing by the rules because it feels like we are laying down and trying paths which have had mixed results, but all I am asking is for this effort to lead to the next and the next after that. It is one step on the road to empowering us all without the ties of any specific firearm group. What we are doing is taking back the power and showing that true power rests in the hands of the people who share a belief. So we do this and it hopefully opens new doors and we can then decide which door we go through next. At some point soon, we will either make significant progress or we will need to change our approach. At that time I will be ready to stand beside everyone else on whatever path we choose. We must always remain united in our efforts. We can't let differences splinter and weaken us. So I ask those who are unhappy with this approach to give it a chance and see what happens.

We will show up in DC and speak our minds. Unite to show where voting power exists. Motivate the political landscape to not ignore us or take us for granted. They will see and understand that the Constitution is sacred to us and we will defend it as needed.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
@Goatboy

I am happy to announce that today we were able to share this information with over 1000 PA Gun Owners through by local gun club. I have been in communication with the president of our club and he was gracious enough to share the links to this event (and this thread) with the entire membership. I look forward to bringing a strong and numerous representation from PA.

I am also in talks with local elected officials in trying to gain their support. My personal goal is to get at least county-level politicians to stand with us...if not state level.

Really looking forward to this event, and the opportunity to let our so-called leadership know where we stand, and how we vote.
Awesome to hear and can't thank you enough for being a part of this.

I realize folks here and out in the community at large are tired of playing by the rules because it feels like we are laying down and trying paths which have had mixed results, but all I am asking is for this effort to lead to the next and the next after that. It is one step on the road to empowering us all without the ties of any specific firearm group. What we are doing is taking back the power and showing that true power rests in the hands of the people who share a belief. So we do this and it hopefully opens new doors and we can then decide which door we go through next. At some point soon, we will either make significant progress or we will need to change our approach. At that time I will be ready to stand beside everyone else on whatever path we choose. We must always remain united in our efforts. We can't let differences splinter and weaken us. So I ask those who are unhappy with this approach to give it a chance and see what happens.

We will show up in DC and speak our minds. Unite to show where voting power exists. Motivate the political landscape to not ignore us or take us for granted. They will see and understand that the Constitution is sacred to us and we will defend it as needed.
Bump for more to read this awesome statement
Link Posted: 10/13/2019 8:41:43 AM EDT
[#43]
Will there be an official ARFCOM meeting place?
Link Posted: 10/13/2019 12:16:16 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 10/13/2019 10:17:58 PM EDT
[#45]
Just booked a hotel . . . 3 more attending from southwest Ohio.
Link Posted: 10/14/2019 12:57:01 AM EDT
[#46]
Bump this is important
Link Posted: 10/14/2019 12:57:51 AM EDT
[#47]
To add.  Where do I want to fly into?   What hotel do I want to stay at?
Link Posted: 10/14/2019 1:28:31 AM EDT
[#48]
I don't want to sound like the FSA or a mooch, but did anything get started to help people get out there? I would love to drive there and take video for my small youtube channel, but with my current situation, I can't afford it like a loser. Figured I'd ask since it is getting closer. Also the video I made is getting a few more views, so hopefully it is making it to more people. In case some people missed it, here it is and please share, thanks!

Nov. 2nd 2019 Second Amendment Rally in Washington D.C.
Link Posted: 10/14/2019 7:19:08 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
I don't want to sound like the FSA or a mooch, but did anything get started to help people get out there? I would love to drive there and take video for my small youtube channel, but with my current situation, I can't afford it like a loser. Figured I'd ask since it is getting closer. Also the video I made is getting a few more views, so hopefully it is making it to more people. In case some people missed it, here it is and please share, thanks!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lbsfDr307rA
View Quote
Bump for sharing on social media
Link Posted: 10/14/2019 9:13:10 AM EDT
[#50]
Page / 46
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top