Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/14/2001 2:45:32 PM EDT
Link Posted: 5/14/2001 2:55:31 PM EDT
[#1]
That's too bad. I think there is a use for medical marijuana and commercial use for hemp. Who knew with all the current "don't use drugs" program failing that "Reefer Madness" would have been so sucessful.
Link Posted: 5/14/2001 3:46:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Relax fellas.

They did it for the "kids".
Link Posted: 5/14/2001 3:49:53 PM EDT
[#3]
George Washington grew hemp...maybe for a different reason, but he still had the FREEDOM to do it.
Link Posted: 5/14/2001 7:55:26 PM EDT
[#4]
the constituen is written on hemp paper
the sails Columbus used were made from hemp

etc etc etc

Link Posted: 5/15/2001 11:15:18 AM EDT
[#5]
I'm not gonna touch this with a 10 foot pole.  I think in some instances there is a reason for it.  But here in Vegas when they did it all it takes to get it is to have a doctor to say you need it.  And some of the acceptable reasons were stomach ache,  vomiting, lack of hunger.

Does this seem a little weird to anyone else out there???

Who needs dope I got my guns.[}:D]
Link Posted: 5/15/2001 11:17:40 AM EDT
[#6]
Simple answer: Change the law.

The Supreme Court interprets the law as currently written.

Get enough legislators on-board and change the law.
Link Posted: 5/15/2001 11:25:44 AM EDT
[#7]
It is really too bad they`re heading in the wrong direction........the u.s. is one of a FEW countries today that does not allow commercial farming of hemp......it has so many uses.....a whole industry of jobs and plus economy just there to be had!.........[smoke]
Link Posted: 5/15/2001 11:28:41 AM EDT
[#8]
Also.....the fed is talking paying farmers to NOT grow tobacco......LET them grow hemp and make thier own $$$$$.........[shotgun]
Link Posted: 5/15/2001 11:33:40 AM EDT
[#9]
The court decided that the feds have the right to make this law.  That is all they decided.  The news and everyone else is reading a little more into it.

I agree that it is one more case of the federal government usurping states rights though.
Link Posted: 5/15/2001 11:34:41 AM EDT
[#10]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top