Posted: 5/14/2001 12:12:20 PM EDT
More pics here:
[url]www.teleport.com/~timothyd/turnin/turnin.html[/url]

[img]www.teleport.com/~timothyd/turnin/06.jpg[/img]
[img]www.teleport.com/~timothyd/turnin/22.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 5/14/2001 12:15:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Darn it, Imbrog|io -

We ALL know that is YOU sitting at the table!!!!!!

I can believe all these people are fool enuf to sell their guns to you for $50 each.
Link Posted: 5/14/2001 12:19:41 PM EDT
[#2]
I am crying for the stupidity of the people and the politicians, what a bunch of sissy, no-brainers.
Ice
Link Posted: 5/14/2001 12:21:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/14/2001 12:21:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/14/2001 12:23:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/14/2001 12:23:54 PM EDT
[#6]
OK,

I count 3 police officers, an awning, rental chairs, table(s).  

Figure $25 an hour for the cops + their benefits at about another $10 an hour = $35 an hour per cop.  

Figure at least 4 hours (maybe more??--Imbrog|io?) for the buyback-- $35 x 3cops x 4 hours.  $420 minimum for the men.

$100 + for the awning and other stuff.  

$520 total.

That is assuming only the guys in the pic.  I would bet there were many more outside the pic frame.

That does not include the total paid out for the guns, publicity, etc.  Also, the disposal of the guns.

Each gun that came in probably cost at least $100 to the city, if not more in total expenses.

Probably got mostly $25 value Jennings .22's, etc.

The small .22 rifle in the first pic is a waste--it would probably be worth more than the $100, and would make a nice gift to a boy or girl to teach them to shoot with.  Everything else was a waste of the city's money.

AFARR
Link Posted: 5/14/2001 12:26:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Here is your $50.00, just complete this form...

1.Your home address
2.Hours you are at home
3.Location of your valuables

Thank you for participating.
Link Posted: 5/14/2001 12:28:49 PM EDT
[#8]
NO NUTS NO GUNS!!!
Lynn [heavy]
Link Posted: 5/14/2001 12:30:47 PM EDT
[#9]
Did y'all scroll down to see what happened when the old lady brought in the 1898 Kregg rifle??  That is some funny sh!t!
Link Posted: 5/14/2001 12:34:08 PM EDT
[#10]
So where is the booth for the number wrist tattoos?
Link Posted: 5/14/2001 12:36:41 PM EDT
[#11]
I tell you it makes me want to cry.  I wonder if folks would be willing to let me buy their unwanted firearms for $50 each.  Umm . . . let's see, give me your scary guns and I'll give you $50 each to make sure you never have to worry about them again.  Rare and valuable scary guns may merit as much as $100 each!  Hmm. . .  Or better yet, charge a small "storage and disposal" fee.  "That's right folks, for only $50 I'll take those scary guns off your hands!"  I'm guessing that at $50 a piece, the guns would pay for a decent safe.

sigh. . . my mom used to say "what's the world coming to?", I say "what has the world come to?"  

the horror, the horror . . .
Link Posted: 5/14/2001 12:36:58 PM EDT
[#12]
WOO HOO!!! I got 50 bucks for my SP1! I'm hittin the bars tonight!

[beer]
Link Posted: 5/14/2001 12:38:06 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 5/14/2001 12:41:25 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
So where is the booth for the number wrist tattoos?
View Quote

Get with the times man. It's a barcode tattooed on your neck.
Link Posted: 5/14/2001 12:43:09 PM EDT
[#15]
From the looks of some of those people [puke],  it looks like they went out a bought a gun just so they could turn one in.  Too bad about the Enfield and the Krag.  Also looks like someone was turning in an ASSAULT AIR RIFLE.  I will sleep better knowing that evil high capacity O 2'er is no longer on the streets.
Link Posted: 5/14/2001 12:47:19 PM EDT
[#16]
[img]http://www.teleport.com/~timothyd/turnin/070809.jpg[/img]

Looks like this guy turned in a BB gun, with the pump handle by the trigger guard.

Link Posted: 5/14/2001 12:52:53 PM EDT
[#17]
Well there ya go Chaingun!!!
1.Drive to WalMart
2.Buy 5 BB-Guns at $30.00ea.
3.Drive to gun buy-back program.
4.Sell said BB-Guns for $50.00ea.
5.Make $100.00!!!!!
6.Buy more guns.
Link Posted: 5/14/2001 1:03:25 PM EDT
[#18]
Yep thanks to these people giving up ther guns, there will be no more gun related crimes.  Relax folks,  The world is safe once again.

What a bunch of dweebs.
Link Posted: 5/14/2001 1:05:36 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Yep thanks to these people giving up ther guns, there will be no more gun related crimes.  Relax folks,  The world is safe once again.

What a bunch of dweebs.
View Quote

Should these "dweebs" be allowed to reproduce??? [}:D]

I say we take THAT gun away from them also.   They might hurt somebody with it.[}:D]

Link Posted: 5/14/2001 1:19:31 PM EDT
[#20]
As a _big_ fan of Krags, I almost had a seizure when I saw that old lady bringing one in.  I'm so glad she didn't give that beautiful gun over to the chopsaw.  Even if it's a cut-down sporterized rifle, it'll make a someone a great deer gun.  If it's really an original carbine, it'll easily fetch $1000+, and will make some collector very happy.  My thanks to those who informed her of her gun's value.
Link Posted: 5/14/2001 1:57:46 PM EDT
[#21]
Aside from afew, not much there worth 50 bucks.Someone smart is getting screwed,
Link Posted: 5/14/2001 1:57:58 PM EDT
[#22]
Powerline 880.  Wallmart price about $38-$45.  turn-in price $50. and probably went to wally world and bought a new one...

BISHOP
Link Posted: 5/14/2001 2:13:21 PM EDT
[#23]
Used BB gun with plastic stock -- $10
Cash at gun buy-back -- $50
Satisfaction when you rip off the anti's -- PRICELESS [:D]
Link Posted: 5/14/2001 2:15:27 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Looks like this guy turned in a BB gun, with the pump handle by the trigger guard.

View Quote

LOL, I had one of these as a kid. Shoulda kept it. Could've gotten...$50 was it?

Looks like most guns turned in were POS's anyways. I think most of em were just out to make money. Now had I seen a guy with an HK91 or an SP1, I would've shot him for being an idiot and myself for seeing the day this happens. [:(]

Link Posted: 5/14/2001 3:50:00 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I thought these gun buying events were supposed to be annonymous to the sellers? Why is there a video camera near the table? Seems like a good way for the ATF or LEO's to get your photo while turning in guns so they can investigate you and put you on 'THE LIST.'
View Quote

My thoughts eXactly.

""THE LIST""
Link Posted: 5/14/2001 4:06:18 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote

Very poor gun proficiency demonstrated by this individual.

He has two barrel down and one deadly semi-automatic pump assault pellet/bb rifle pointed up.
Link Posted: 5/14/2001 4:08:35 PM EDT
[#27]
I'm glad to see that the old lady with the old collectable Krag was educated about what she had in her hands and that if she truely wanted to sell it then she'd make more money by selling it to a gun shop where a true collector could purchase it and appreciate it for what it is rather than destroy it.

It's nice to hear that the cease fire idiots were pissed off too!   I'd love to have been there pissing off those snobs, especially the women who think that they are so special doing their "rosie" MMM type crap.

If you guys haven't gone to the link yet to see the rest of the photographs you need to do it, there is one woman there who's got the classic "I'm better than you" look on her face and her posture looks like she is trying to hatch an egg while blocking the person from taking a photograph.
Link Posted: 5/14/2001 4:14:33 PM EDT
[#28]
So what good does voluntarily turning in/selling their guns do? Do they have a guilty concience that they are going to commit a crime? OTOH, that would be a good way for a criminal to dispose of a murder weapon, and get money for doing it!!! God I love this country!!
Link Posted: 5/14/2001 4:48:31 PM EDT
[#29]
Looked like the TV cameras outnumbered the guns turned in.  I guess perception is reality.

But this did give me an idea. I have a BB gun and an air rifle that doesn't work.  I have been hanging on to the air rifle because it was my first gun, got it when I was 9.  Pure sentimentality.  But, I could use the $50 to buy mags for the LEGP that I ordered if it ever comes in.
Link Posted: 5/14/2001 4:56:34 PM EDT
[#30]
In Colorado, I heard about one guy selling a frankengun welded together, he also had $300 and would offer cash to those in line instead of the Nuggets tickets they were giving away.
The cops got pissed but they couldn't do anything because private gun sales are still allowed.
Link Posted: 5/14/2001 4:58:27 PM EDT
[#31]
It would be worth it to do at least one of three things for the next buy back--

It would take a little money, but:

1.  Set up an ad system for the people who are going to sell their guns at the buyback.  Make sure it is well advertised.  Have a couple of people manning a phone bank and have a few copies of Gunlist and the Blue Book sitting around.  Advertise it as "a way to make sure you get a fair price for your gun".  Have people call in with whatever information is on the gun, and, if it is worth something direct them to a gunstore that can buy it for more than the $50.  Make sure the gunstore is willing and has some capital to buy with.  

2.  Set up a booth or even carry around a sign that offers an appraisal service.  Don't buy the gun there or you might get into trouble, just direct the sellers to someone who would give a fair price.

3.  Press charges in federal court against the local police (has been done before, but not successfully) for violating ATF regs. against conducting the Business of Dealing in Firearms without an FFL.  

AFARR
Link Posted: 5/14/2001 5:12:37 PM EDT
[#32]
Any one that would destroy a gun is not an american and should be put in canada. IF they don't like guns then they should go some where else.

Save The Guns!!!!!!!

[-!-]

Link Posted: 5/14/2001 5:15:44 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Any one that would destroy a gun is not an american and should be put in canada. IF they don't like guns then they should go some where else.

Save The Guns!!!!!!!

[-!-]

View Quote

Great first post!
Link Posted: 5/14/2001 5:24:15 PM EDT
[#34]
The next time that the sheeple put one of these together in a large city, we should issue a press release that we are going to have a "GUN BUY" program where all AR-15.com members would sign a pledge that we each are going to go out and buy a new gun that very same day.
Or, a gun store that is in that major city could declare that day as "GUN BUY" day and offer a special discount of 15% off any firearm in the store. Non gun owners could be given an additional 5%, or a 1 year membership to the NRA. Offer 90 days same as cash. Special financing. Issue a press release, advertise on a billboard across the street from the buy-back, do a live remote broadcast in the nearest parking lot. Buy air time on TV. Have a plane fly over town with a banner. Hand out flyers at major intersections. Rent a live elephant, put a banner across him and walk him through town.
Oh yeah, & burn an effigie(?spell) of Sarah Brady.
Link Posted: 5/14/2001 5:33:03 PM EDT
[#35]
Looks like an A-Hole Convention

IMHO
Link Posted: 5/14/2001 5:43:58 PM EDT
[#36]
bravo, great website
Link Posted: 5/14/2001 6:09:38 PM EDT
[#37]
What sorry idiots
Link Posted: 5/14/2001 6:41:25 PM EDT
[#38]
It gets me very mad but on the other hand I am saddened by the fact that in a country of freedom its citizens can be brainwashed. I look at this and think of Nazzi Germany. People standing on line to hand in their weapons. God have mercy on the United States of America.
Link Posted: 5/14/2001 6:43:31 PM EDT
[#39]
It gets me very mad but on the other hand I am saddened by the fact that in a country of freedom its citizens can be brainwashed. I look at this and think of Nazzi Germany. People standing on line to hand in their weapons. God have mercy on the United States of America.
Link Posted: 5/14/2001 7:12:19 PM EDT
[#40]
Vass ist Loss?  Ist iss not in zee interest of zee Schtate fur zee citizens to own guns. Das Dummkopfen!  Vee vill remove zee means to Resist, den Vee vill be in Control! (I know, it's a poor attempt at humor over a very unfunny subject.  God help these united States.
Link Posted: 5/14/2001 7:15:18 PM EDT
[#41]
Leave it to a bunch of anti's to try and swindle an old lady...typical
Link Posted: 5/14/2001 7:17:47 PM EDT
[#42]
Actually I wouldn't mind the sheeple turning in their guns if they were also required to display the following sign prominently in their front yard for 1 year after doing so:

[b]ATTENTION CRIMINALS!
THE OCCUPANTS OF THIS RESIDENCE HAVE PARTICIPATED IN A 'GUN BUY BACK' PROGRAM AND HAVE SOLD ALL OF THE FIREARMS IN THIS HOUSE.  THERE IS NOW MORE MONEY AND FEWER GUNS IN THIS HOUSE THAN THERE USED TO BE.  DO WHATEVER YOU THINK IS RIGHT.  HAVE A NICE DAY! [:)][/b]
Link Posted: 5/15/2001 7:14:07 AM EDT
[#43]
I wonder what the flowers on the end of the table were for.....beating potential rapists, burgulars, and killers over the head when you realize your dumb ass gave up your gun?
Link Posted: 5/15/2001 8:38:49 AM EDT
[#44]
IMHO--I think these supposed gun buybacks are great!  Years ago the city of MPLS,Minn. had one.  I drove 100 miles round trip to sell them a pair of nasty pieces of junk. I would not have given $1.00 for the pair,but the city gave me $100.00.  It made a nice down payment on my next new handgun purchase.  There was not a salvageable piece on either one of those guns!  Ben
Link Posted: 5/15/2001 10:31:30 AM EDT
[#45]
id be out at those buybacks hey buddy ill give your 60 for it no ?'s asked and take em to a gun show and make a killing
Link Posted: 5/16/2001 6:33:44 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
id be out at those buybacks hey buddy ill give your 60 for it no ?'s asked and take em to a gun show and make a killing
View Quote

I hear that! If I find out they have one here I will be there with cash in hand
Link Posted: 5/16/2001 6:52:06 AM EDT
[#47]
look at those stoops.they shouldnt have guns anyhow.what a show.
Link Posted: 5/16/2001 7:24:20 AM EDT
[#48]
does anybody have any pics of people turning in their guns in Nazi Germany or communist countries?  Would be kinda cool to have to show to the antis.
Link Posted: 5/16/2001 7:28:12 AM EDT
[#49]
That last guy with the BB gun, probably didn't know the difference!  He probably broke into someone's house to get the guns so he could get another bottle of wine, or crack, or crank, or whatever the drug of choice is for his neighborhood.
Link Posted: 5/16/2001 7:36:20 AM EDT
[#50]
Hell, the theme song for these sheeple should be "hi ho hi ho it off to the ovens we go". What a bunch of gutless cowards. Oh well, did anyone notice the absolute excitement exihibited by the leo's.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top