Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/13/2001 10:53:58 PM EDT
I found these guys in my back yard this afternoon while I was cleaning the pool.  They were in a corner behind my tool shed. Didn’t we just have a thread going about what to do with stray cats?  It just pisses me off how irresponsible some pet owners are.  This is the reason why I decided I would never own a pet. This is also why I agree that there should be a law in CA to have all pets spaded or neutered.
I called my local animal shelter afternoon, but all I got was a message telling me that they were only open from 8am-5pm.  Honestly, I don’t like the fact of knowing that these guys will be put to sleep when animal control comes for them, but what else am I suppose to do?  
[img]http://wsphotofews.excite.com/002/jL/Yf/s4/Yx24578.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 5/13/2001 11:03:08 PM EDT
[#1]
reactive targets.

Maybe their mother stashed them there and you swiped them while she was out foraging for chow.  That mommy cat is probably freaking out.  I hope you're happy.
Link Posted: 5/13/2001 11:09:07 PM EDT
[#2]
So I'm suppose to let them grow up and roam wild around my neighborhood?  
Link Posted: 5/13/2001 11:16:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
So I'm suppose to let them grow up and roam wild around my neighborhood?  
View Quote

I'm not bashing you but this is what I would do:
first I would find Moma kitty and then see if you can track down where she lives or knock on the neighbors doors and ask them if the have a cat loose or whatever. If that doesn't pan out bring them to the nearest Vet and see if they will give them shots and find them homes. If they say anything negative or give the idea they will most likely be killed then you need to look in the phone book and find a "NO KILL" shelter which will take care of them and find them homes to go to.
That's just what I would do....

John
Link Posted: 5/13/2001 11:20:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Well actually if all of the above didn't pan out I would get them taken care of at the vets and then find them homes myself via an ad in the paper and or by word of mouth...

John
Link Posted: 5/13/2001 11:40:57 PM EDT
[#5]
This is also why I agree that there should be a law in CA to have all pets spaded or neutered.
View Quote

That's the very last thing anyone needs.
Link Posted: 5/13/2001 11:47:54 PM EDT
[#6]
I don't know what your area is like, but around here, little kittens like that at the animal shelter get adopted VERY quickly.  When I get settled down a bit more I'm going to adopt an older cat from a shelter.  They cause less trouble anyway.
Link Posted: 5/14/2001 1:31:38 AM EDT
[#7]
Ummm...I think you meant "spayed"...spaded is when you whack 'em with a shovel....
Link Posted: 5/14/2001 1:38:50 AM EDT
[#8]
I charg a dollar a kitty to flush them.
You can bet moma is looking for them.
Link Posted: 5/14/2001 2:45:36 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I charg a dollar a kitty to flush them.
You can bet moma is looking for them.
View Quote
ANOTHER friggin' psycho on line. Take them back to where you found them and lets all hope for the best. Check on them and see if they've been moved and everything should be OK.
Link Posted: 5/14/2001 3:04:43 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Ummm...I think you meant "spayed"...spaded is when you whack 'em with a shovel....
View Quote

A spade is a "short handeled shovel".  Do you have to do a form 4 transfer on those?
Link Posted: 5/14/2001 3:09:46 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

A spade is a "short handeled shovel".  Do you have to do a form 4 transfer on those?
View Quote

All in due time.
Link Posted: 5/14/2001 5:07:41 AM EDT
[#12]
Take them to the shelter-they will be adopted quickly-when young.

As far as taking them back to the momma kitty-forget it-by the way, where do you think pet shops get their cats/dogs- from a magic kitty/puppy machine?  They will be better off in an adopted family.  Kinda makes me wish they had a program for humans like this...to take kids from shitty parents.

All your kids are belong to us!!!
Link Posted: 5/14/2001 6:28:44 AM EDT
[#13]
I see a "Fluffy"-type thread emerging here!!  Someone quickly "spaded" this thread.

:)
You guys are a hoot!
Link Posted: 5/14/2001 6:37:59 AM EDT
[#14]
Awwww.....they are SO cute.Poor little guys.
I rember growing up all are cats{around 10,I lost count}were ones we found abandoned by the endge of the road and then wandered onto our farm.People that would throw little kittens to younge to effectivly fend for themselves don't deserve pets.
Link Posted: 5/14/2001 6:40:50 AM EDT
[#15]
Those kittens are pretty much too young to be away from the mother.  My parents bread and raise show cats.  Pictures can be deceiving, so they MAY be old enough to eat canned food.  You may want to put them back where you found them, and the mother may come back for them.  If not, yes, they'd be adopted out quickly.  
Link Posted: 5/14/2001 6:42:32 AM EDT
[#16]
Do what every one else does. Put them in a box, make up a sign, and go stand in front of the nearest Safeway.
Link Posted: 5/14/2001 6:53:01 AM EDT
[#17]
No chinese restaurants in your area! Bwahaha! Just kidding. Peoples lack of responsibility makes me sick.
Link Posted: 5/14/2001 7:37:02 AM EDT
[#18]
Box-um-up and mail them to the Swine (Swinestein).  Hummmm the're small enough, maybe Richard Gear is interested?
Link Posted: 5/14/2001 8:16:02 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

All in due time.
View Quote

Great, if "they" outlaw spades, only outlaws will have spades.......
Link Posted: 5/14/2001 8:22:00 AM EDT
[#20]
BoomBoom,
Did you really think about your veiwpoint before you made that moronic statment about supporting laws to require all pets spayed and neutoered?  Some pet owners cant take care of their pets, no arguments from me there.  Some pets should be "fixed", ok I agree.   But passing a law because some people cant take care or be resposible for their pets, your crazy.  I figured a gun owner, especially one from Kalifornia, would understand that passing stupid laws to force society into copliance is the last thing anyone wants.  After all, SOME people shouldnt own guns, I dont agree with a law that says you cant make anymore guns though.

So, after all pets are effectivly sterilzed in CA, what then?  When your kid wants a dog are you going to drive to AZ to buy one?  Pay to import it?  How much will it be to register your pet after they have to keep track of all the stupid info your law brings?  Will you have to pay for the license and wait while your new pet is approved by the state before you can even bring it in to CA?  Is any of this startng to remind you of somehting that just happened in Kalifornia?  

Supporting that law is exactly the same as supporting anti-gun or anti-freedom laws.  People shoud take care of their own business, not have to pass laws that effect the majority in order to care for the minority.  You are a real MORON if you support that law and you deserved to have your gun rights screwed in CA, thats what you want to do to everyone who happens to like dogs or cats instead of guns.

You probably have that same stupid attitude that the anti gunners have, "its not that big of a hassle for them", "It doesnt really effect your rights, you can still own a gun/dog/cat, you just need to prove you can handle it first."

You may not be that stupid, but in my book your an idiot if you have the balls to complain that someone screwed with your rights(gun rights) but your are publicly saying that you would be willing to have laws that restrict others rights simply because it wont effect you.  
Link Posted: 5/14/2001 9:43:30 AM EDT
[#21]
Oh boy!
Link Posted: 5/14/2001 10:10:51 AM EDT
[#22]
Hey BoomBoom...  I'll trade you a NIW 30rd. Magazine for each one of those furry little beasts.

My local feral cat supply has been drastically run down and I need some new reactive targets.

Don't worry, they won't suffer more than a few minutes or so :)

Meoowwww!   (or -->   Meeouch!)
Link Posted: 5/14/2001 10:16:21 AM EDT
[#23]
Yes they do make great targets.
[img]http://www.zing.com/picture/pffe9b82ae3d4e65675b071dbd62b05b3/fea7349d.jpg.orig.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 5/14/2001 10:43:27 AM EDT
[#24]
Boy, there are a lot of sick f*ucks in here.

If you don't want them, take them down to the local humane society.  Someone will adopt them...

Mike
Link Posted: 5/14/2001 10:44:53 AM EDT
[#25]
Boy, there are a lot of sick f*cks in here.

If you don't want them, take them down to the local humane society.  Someone will adopt them...

Mike
Link Posted: 5/14/2001 10:58:48 AM EDT
[#26]
Wow...this thread is really teetering.  I'm staying out of this one.
[:\]
Link Posted: 5/14/2001 1:54:12 PM EDT
[#27]
I agree with NY shooter!!!!![uzi][heavy][pyro][pistol]
Link Posted: 5/14/2001 1:55:09 PM EDT
[#28]
I agree with NY shooter!!!!![uzi][heavy][pyro][pistol]
Link Posted: 5/14/2001 2:03:38 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
My parents bread [...] cats [...]to eat
View Quote

They bread cats?  Do they run a Chinese resturant?   Sweet and Sour Kitty any one?  Or is it General Tso's Cat? [0:)]
Link Posted: 5/14/2001 2:35:03 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote

Nope, a Form 1 for making shovels, clippers and other garden implements- don't forget the FBI fingerprint cards and the photos.  

FYI:  If your girlfriend is less than five feet, she can only be transferred to a guy she cheats with on a Form 1 for "short-statured-hoe"
Link Posted: 5/14/2001 2:41:07 PM EDT
[#31]
Where I live ,the 'yotes would have already had them for supper.I've lost three pets that way. That's how the parents teach the pups to hunt.
Link Posted: 5/14/2001 3:13:14 PM EDT
[#32]
If you have enough patience to take care of em till they are weaned, put them in a clothes basket and take them to the flea market one saturday morning.  Simply place a "Free Kittens" sign on the basket, sit them down near one of the entrances.  Go make your rounds, and I promise they will be gone when you come back out.  Works like a charm.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top